FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

The positioning/marking is still the biggest issue. If they got that right I could still enjoy the game as there are some elements I quite like. I just hate how teams stay stationed in the middle of the field even when the ball is on the wing. MOVE ACROSS!!!!!!!!

....I suspect this might be better on ps5 from what I've seen. If it is, it could be a big reason to make the move.

Last edited:
Guys rooting for your all valuable impression on pc, have that crave to buy but looking forward to know from your experience. Then would decide. Main thing is, in career mode it's a challenge or not or how good is the a.i. also the graphics. Thank you.

FIFER makes money selling FIFA related mods (he does eventually release them for free), so of course he's going to urge his consumer base to purchase the latest iteration.
Well that's not true cos I've got his latest one and not paid anything

The positioning/marking is still the biggest issue. If they got that right I could still enjoy the game as there are some elements I quite like. I just hate how teams stay stationed in the middle of the field even when the ball is on the wing. MOVE ACROSS!!!!!!!!

....I suspect this might be better on ps5 from what I've seen. If it is, it could be a big reason to make the move.
Is it a big enough improvement to buy the game ? Considering I have 21 modded up and is pretty much now as up to date as real life and as 22 will be

Unfortunately lots of the marking/positioning issues are still there.

There's a little more tracking back at times, but the problem lies in there being zero positional awareness for covering space. It isn't really exclusive to midfielders, but it's the most obvious. So when there's a transition, the defensive team don't get behind the ball, they just sit ahead....if they do get behind the ball, they aren't really engaged and don't actively move to cover space, they just kind of stand there. If they'd just wake up it would make a MASSIVE difference to the potential of the game.

I'm trying some extreme adjustments (tactical and sliders), but I haven't managed to solve it yet...can't say I'm overly confident as it's not a new problem.

Played two games and did not really see any significant improvement. You can just run down the wing or send through passes anywhere for an instant attack without any resistance from the opposition, like last year. Also the 0 fouls syndrome is still here and the colour palette remains atrocious!

Played two games and did not really see any significant improvement. You can just run down the wing or send through passes anywhere for an instant attack without any resistance from the opposition, like last year. Also the 0 fouls syndrome is still here and the colour palette remains atrocious!
The grass is a bit of an improvement during the day, but the night is disgustingly bad!!!

I do quite like some of the mechanics in passing and shooting and it's slower which is good but as you said you can just break the game so easily by simply running.

Based on what I've played so far I'd say it is an improvement on the worst of the worst FIFA 21...but as long as those positioning/marking issues aren't gone - we're no chance.

@Anth James Have you tried the next gen version? If so, what do you think of it, are these areas at least improved? I am tempted to sign up for the Stadia Pro free trial to give it a go since I don't own any console but I am not really sure I will do it.

According to actual EA info from the summer, 22 on PC (and last gen) should include:

The "rewritten" goalkeepers, ball physics, the new tactical options, explosive sprint, the new statistics screens & something something skill moves that no one cares about. Otherwise it should be 21 basically.

Not expecting better positioning or defending.

Not expecting better defending on next gen either btw. As long as thr AI does not defend there should be no actual improvement to how it plays in that regard. But if positioning is tighter it may "look" better if you're not paying attention, but you'd still have to player switch like crazy. It may also be easier to cover some ground if positioning is better.

And there's of course the general "feel" which is supposed to be better due to Hypermotion. No idea about that, all I see is ice skating so not rushing out to buy a ps5 tomorrow just for that personally. It's wait and see for me (and it's more likely a wait and see next year, lol).

Last edited:
@Anth James Have you tried the next gen version? If so, what do you think of it, are these areas at least improved? I am tempted to sign up for the Stadia Pro free trial to give it a go since I don't own any console but I am not really sure I will do it.
I haven't but I was thinking the exact same thing haha. I'd buy a PS5 if it was any good on Next Gen but based on what I've played I'm not sure it's worth the risk! Stadia trial could be a good idea.

Exactly. A decent football game is the only thing that would make want to buy an Xbox or PS5. But I don't think FIFA 22 is good enough to convince me.

The only problem with Stadia is that you need to buy the game to play it. Not really sure I want to do that either...

Exactly. A decent football game is the only thing that would make want to buy an Xbox or PS5. But I don't think FIFA 22 is good enough to convince me.

The only problem with Stadia is that you need to buy the game to play it. Not really sure I want to do that either...
Will the 1 Pro month trial give us access to it without having to buy the game?

From what I have read so far I think the Stadia Pro subscription only gives you 4K, a couple of free games to choose every month, discounts on the store and some other gimmicks. It seems like you do need to buy the game to play it. Someone said in this thread that you can get a refund if you don't play over 2 hours though.

Tried this again with OS Sliders from Fifa 21 and it actually played much better and became more challenging. I can see what you meant with the improvements now @Anth James . There are some subtle changes to the shooting/passing/first touch and a few new animations. Nothing huge but a bit improved, yes.

Unfortunately lots of the marking/positioning issues are still there.

There's a little more tracking back at times, but the problem lies in there being zero positional awareness for covering space. It isn't really exclusive to midfielders, but it's the most obvious. So when there's a transition, the defensive team don't get behind the ball, they just sit ahead....if they do get behind the ball, they aren't really engaged and don't actively move to cover space, they just kind of stand there. If they'd just wake up it would make a MASSIVE difference to the potential of the game.

I'm trying some extreme adjustments (tactical and sliders), but I haven't managed to solve it yet...can't say I'm overly confident as it's not a new problem.
So apparently midfielders do track back in next gen. Not sure if it's true or not.

So apparently midfielders do track back in next gen. Not sure if it's true or not.
From what I've seen it's an improvement - hopefully a big one!

The tracking on PC is improved vs 21 as well, but it's not to a point where you'd say it's no longer an issue.

From what I've played on PC, it depends on the situation. The worst for me is in transition, if they're not behind the ball, there's no effort to get behind the ball to cover. They'll happily sit there because in the 1v1 sense, the attacker is 'accounted for' by the CB. If it's a case where you're running down the wing etc, then there's more covering.

I really wish they'd just cover passing lanes a lot more.

Waiting for something to at least remove the fog of war in career mode before sacrificing my 10 hours, weird that, used to be the full game with no restrictions on the Origin Access version...

If any body tried both last gen (PC OR PS4) and next gen (PS5), please tell us the difference game-play wise???

Waiting for something to at least remove the fog of war in career mode before sacrificing my 10 hours, weird that, used to be the full game with no restrictions on the Origin Access version...
What you saying you can't play career mode with the ea play trial ?

If any body tried both last gen (PC OR PS4) and next gen (PS5), please tell us the difference game-play wise???
If you asking about AI movements and behavior then its same game on ps4 and ps5.Based on my experience- 4 hours ps5 and 1 hour ps4.Only small differences in graphics and physics but if you asking me if its worth to buy ps5 only for fifa22? simple anserw NO

Is the game on pc or ps4 ( last gen ) is challenging. Hearing in next gen ( ps5) it's pretty hard to score goals starting from professional difficulty and they made it hard from that difficulty itself. 🙇‍♂️

I have it on ps5..in fifa 21 I spent hours editing formations and sliders so AI attackers wouldn't breeze through unmarked and score a simple goal ...in 22 I've never once needed to do that...I'm sure it could be better but I'm enjoying next gen version

Back
Top Bottom