FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

Also true. That’ll be something to think about. All of the hypermotion, or the ability to mod cameras, kits, faces, Juventus..
That is true. You won't be able to mod. But if you have a PC that cant handle fifa its a good alternative.
The stadia version does have hyper motion and should be the"next gen" port

Camera mod is done, well for me it is. I can paste a tutorial if anyone wants it on how to easily raise the BROADCAST cam up quite high, using some simple steps in Cheat Engine the latest version.

Really wish I could do it on the PS5 version!
Good work. Yeah if you could post how you did it that would be great. Can we zoom out further on broadcast too?

I'm having a hard time adjusting to the ps5 controller for fifa. My brain is wired to using the xbox controller for fifa and ps controller for PES. I also don't see much difference in gameplay between ps5 and pc versions. I would much rather play the pc version with mods

Good work. Yeah if you could post how you did it that would be great. Can we zoom out further on broadcast too?
Yes the method I use lets me adjust the height and the zoom. I recall posting something similar a few years ago and I think it came across as hard to follow, so please give me a few days to write it up to make sense hopefully straight away.

The brilliant thing is that when you suss it out, you can do it for the other cameras too, and more importantly, on all the FIFA's going back to when FIFA PC became "Old Next Gen" (lol) in something like I recall 2015-16 (not 100% sure if its Frostbite only as I am sure it worked on FIFA's just before that, on the ignite engine), so all of FIFA 16 to FIFA 22 can use the method if I remember rightly.

Once you get used to the method you can get the camera raised quite high within 5 minutes BUT.....................on restarting the game you have to use the same method all over again as it is about changing memory locations "values" via the Cheat Engine.

It literally transforms the game and seeing more of the pitch at the BROADCAST camera angle and high up makes the gameplay look more organic, its a reason why I cannot watch "eSports" players playing FIFA as they for some reason always use the default or Tele camera where it never angles at all. Think of what I am doing as being like a raised PES camera where you choose 10 for the angle.

Yes the method I use lets me adjust the height and the zoom. I recall posting something similar a few years ago and I think it came across as hard to follow, so please give me a few days to write it up to make sense hopefully straight away.

The brilliant thing is that when you suss it out, you can do it for the other cameras too, and more importantly, on all the FIFA's going back to when FIFA PC became "Old Next Gen" (lol) in something like I recall 2015-16 (not 100% sure if its Frostbite only as I am sure it worked on FIFA's just before that, on the ignite engine), so all of FIFA 16 to FIFA 22 can use the method if I remember rightly.

Once you get used to the method you can get the camera raised quite high within 5 minutes BUT.....................on restarting the game you have to use the same method all over again as it is about changing memory locations "values" via the Cheat Engine.

It literally transforms the game and seeing more of the pitch at the BROADCAST camera angle and high up makes the gameplay look more organic, its a reason why I cannot watch "eSports" players playing FIFA as they for some reason always use the default or Tele camera where it never angles at all. Think of what I am doing as being like a raised PES camera where you choose 10 for the angle.
Awesome man, looking forward to it. Once the Editor tool comes out I know how to make the camera changes so they're in a mod and you wouldn't need to keep re-doing it, but if we can adjust the camera while we wait for the tool then perfect!

Hey man, I found your old video on this and it works - but I can't seem to create negative values to zoom out further than default (or lower height further than default). Do you know how to do this? Negative values don't seem to take effect.

Since yesterday with the sliders, I’ve surprised myself and I’m actually loving it right now.

Yeah I’d say better than 20 hands down.

That's what I was waiting for, some FIFA 22 positives. I mean I'm not a FIFA guy because mostly I'm playin PES, but with the poor state of €Football and the others like UFL or Goalz games will be online F2P I don't have other options, so I'll purchase it to give it a go on 1st of October. Do you think there is a chance for those 4 Italian teams to get moded? Last year there was something for Juventus? I mean I'm interested in just the name, logo and kits nothing else. It's pretty annoying in a game like FIFA to have them unlicensed like that...

That's what I was waiting for, some FIFA 22 positives. I mean I'm not a FIFA guy because mostly I'm playin PES, but with the poor state of €Football and the others like UFL or Goalz games will be online F2P I don't have other options, so I'll purchase it to give it a go on 1st of October. Do you think there is a chance for those 4 Italian teams to get moded? Last year there was something for Juventus? I mean I'm interested in just the name, logo and kits nothing else. It's pretty annoying in a game like FIFA to have them unlicensed like that...
They'll get modded into the game 100%.

I have signed up for the Stadia Pro trial and contacted their support to clarify some stuff.

- You do need to buy the game, even with the Pro account. The standard version will be available on the 1st of October.
- There is no 10 hour trial although you can ask for a refund under these conditions:

Capture.JPG

Edit: I wasn't able to confirm which console is used to stream the game there since the chat support was completely clueless about the fact that pc version and console version are different this year.

I will test some of the free games available to check if the stream is smooth. Still not sure about buying the game there or not. PC version is tempting because of the modding possibility but I would love to try the next gen.

Last edited:
Since the 10h trial I had anyway for free, then I said what the hell, let's try that out. I've never been a fan of fifa, I don't even remember which one I last played, probably 15 or 14. Firstly, it couldn't click, I almost threw it away, but once I learnt the basic controls etc it clicked then.

I gotta say the pace of the gameplay is slowest pace I probably ever played including PES, that is a very positive thing, you can build up the attack, the momentum is great, AI is way better than PES AI I'm used to, they take opportunities if those show up, they take shots from long distance, different angles etc. Hopefully that pace will not get changed in patches, it's probably best I ever experienced, no catchup bugs etc, it takes a while to get from one end to other end, dribble etc. Animations are also great, of course there will be flaws here and there, but overall miles better than PES, there is skating still for some animations, same as in PES, nb can't deny that. Now the best part, ball physic, net physic and that variety of scoring goals, variety of shooting controls, you can actually decide how and where you want to take a shoot compared to PES, it's just miles better, gives you that magic and satisfaction people used to have in old PES games, where new PES games never restored that sort of feeling, you got even an option to take a low shot with R1+L1, during free kicks you got also few options, including knuckle shot. How it compares to next gen ps5/xbx/s? I got no idea, but I doubt it's a lot different. I guess stadia also runs code on PC right? I doubt that you guys are playing on stadia where behind the scene the code is run on ps5/xbx :) that is also shocking why there's just no the exact same version on PC anyway. How it compares to fifa21 last gen? No idea as well, since I didn't play it, but I would assume it's a quite different as well, gameplay wise. Lastly the LoD is great, the only thing that is shockingly bad are turfs, which hopefully will get modded, same as camera with better zoom and angle, those cameras are definitely inferior to PES ones. Why PC is missing that "ea sports game cam"? It's also NG bs? PC couldn't handle that camera? :LMAO:

Last edited:
I have signed up for the Stadia Pro trial and contacted their support to clarify some stuff.

- You do need to buy the game, even with the Pro account. The standard version will be available on the 1st of October.
- There is no 10 hour trial although you can ask for a refund under these conditions:

View attachment 123368

Edit: I wasn't able to confirm which console is used to stream the game there since the chat support was completely clueless about the fact that pc version and console version are different this year.

I will test some of the free games available to check if the stream is smooth. Still not sure about buying the game there or not. PC version is tempting because of the modding possibility but I would love to try the next gen.
For anyone interested in this, the Stadia Pro trial subscription gives you a 10 euro voucher that supposedly can be used to purchase the game on Friday.

Tested a couple of free streaming games and the stability is quite impressive. Did not feel any input lag whatsoever.

For anyone interested in this, the Stadia Pro trial subscription gives you a 10 euro voucher that supposedly can be used to purchase the game on Friday.

Tested a couple of free streaming games and the stability is quite impressive. Did not feel any input lag whatsoever.

Hi, so we can test the "next-gen" version of FIFA 22 on PC with Google Stadia ?

You can only buy the game and ask for a refund if you play under 2 hours during the first 14 days.

Last edited:
Finished the latest expedition on No Man's Sky so finally going to give this a try. Of course still no Dualshock 4 support for Fifa, absolutely inexcusable in this day and age to not support the DS4!

Hmm the good is I like the pace and movement etc a lot (just knocked speed/accel to 48 for both). Downside is had 2 CTDs in about an hour of playing, anyone else getting that? One was during free kick training, other was during a match (after my pro had just scored his first goal!).

View attachment 123368

The games are not streamed from a console per se. They are customized servers, so its not like Xcloud which is actual console hardware. This is I think why ports of stadia are a bit trickier to get in the service, if it was a console I think the library would be much larger. Its unfortunate because for me Stadia has worked flawlessly.

Seems the stadia version runs on par with the series S.

Hi, so we can test the "next-gen" version of FIFA 22 on PC with Google Stadia ?

Unfortunately no way to test FIFA 22 (if you mean the EA trial). You could buy it and return within the 2 hr window. But it is a good way to play Next gen FIFA on a PC as long as your connection handles it (you can test it with destiny) but the tradeoff is no modding. Im actually thinking about picking it up in Stadia as its so convenient.

You DO NOT need stadia pro to play FIFA (unless you want 4K). You can get next gen Fifa with stadia I believe for 59U$ and just connect a controller

Reactions: cb7
Excited to try out the Stadia Version. I’ve realized I will be okay without the kids this year.

has anyone tried practice arena on Stadia? Does it run 60fps? The PC version runs at 30 by default but I can change it in my driver settings.

The games are not streamed from a console per se. They are customized servers, so its not like Xcloud which is actual console hardware. This is I think why ports of stadia are a bit trickier to get in the service, if it was a console I think the library would be much larger. Its unfortunate because for me Stadia has worked flawlessly.

Thanks for clearing the mist regarding that. The Stadia support was not as crystal clear as you :) So how does the online work? Does it mean you can only play with other Stadia users?

I am actually very tempted to buy both versions this year. PC version is surprisingly good + the upcoming mods and Next Gen is getting quite some love from people I trust here in the forum so I will probably lose my mind and get both of them :)

The other aspect that is convincing me to get it on Stadia is that it runs very well with my connection. Tested a bunch of the claimed games and all of them played perfectly well and without any lag.

Thanks for clearing the mist regarding that. The Stadia support was not as crystal clear as you :) So how does the online work? Does it mean you can only play with other Stadia users?

I am actually very tempted to buy both versions this year. PC version is surprisingly good + the upcoming mods and Next Gen is getting quite some love from people I trust here in the forum so I will probably lose my mind and get both of them :)

The other aspect that is convincing me to get it on Stadia is that it runs very well with my connection. Tested a bunch of the claimed games and all of them played perfectly well and without any lag.

Its on a game to game basis how multiplayer is on Stadia. The Division 2 had crossplay with PC players and it was pretty great.

Unfortunately FIFA stadia doesn't have cross play , so you will only play with stadia players. I don't know how FIFA21 on stadia was on multiplayer but its never going to reach the numbers of Xbox/PS/PC. It is def something to think about if you care about online games and should do more research about the gamerbase. I don't play online so it isn't a big deal to me

I'd recommend picking up either PC or Next gen at first, or else you'll go crazy comparing them (or at least not both at full price).

I tried Stadia with browser at first and it ran great, liked it so much that I got a deal on a CCU and controller for my living room TV.

Its on a game to game basis how multiplayer is on Stadia. The Division 2 had crossplay with PC players and it was pretty great.

Unfortunately FIFA stadia doesn't have cross play , so you will only play with stadia players. I don't know how FIFA21 on stadia was on multiplayer but its never going to reach the numbers of Xbox/PS/PC. It is def something to think about if you care about online games and should do more research about the gamerbase. I don't play online so it isn't a big deal to me

I'd recommend picking up either PC or Next gen at first, or else you'll go crazy comparing them (or at least not both at full price).

I tried Stadia with browser at first and it ran great, liked it so much that I got a deal on a CCU and controller for my living room TV.

I was just curious about how the online mode works on that platform. I never play online either. I only do offline career modes + mods with older pc versions (Fifa 16).

I still need to think about which one to go for first. I still have 2 trial hours on EA Play + 10 hours more on my Game Pass for the PC version so I will take it easy and maybe buy the Stadia one first and try it for 2 hours. But I am certain I will pick up the pc version later on once all the new mods are available.

The good part of this indecision is that we finally have two decent versions of a football game to go for this year, unless future patches ruin them of course....

A couple of adjustments to try for my PC/Current Gen sliders.

The biggest issue I'm trying to address is not having the wings too open due to the narrow width. The narrow width is extremely important in my opinion so I'm looking for ways to sort the potential issue and I think I'm making some progress. I'm finding 4/6 and 48/50 for Speed and Acceleration is helping the AI cover and recover the wing position better and it's also helping AI aggression/resistance across the pitch. In general (but especially on the wings) I'm wanting to make it as difficult as possible to run away from defenders with a simple turn.

I tried opening up width a little - but as soon as I open up further than 15 I just find the middle of the field is too easy to play through (plus it opens up more tracking issues). I really find 15/15 width and 1/1 length helps keeps things really tight and realistic through the field. Combined with the passing errors it creates more interceptions also. On 22, the Cbs come across to cover the wings much better, the full back don't give up their runs like on 20 and 21 - plus the wingers track better as well, so it's a lot more workable than previously. As @Matt10 has just suggested, the FBs position higher is helping to keep the LB and RB a little wider instead of bunching up so I've gone with a 55/55. I've also upped first touch error as it doesn't seem to have a major impact. I'm noticing its effect more when a player tries to knock the ball out in front instead of on controlling the ball.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 47/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 10/94
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 55/55
First Touch Error: 95/95

Last edited:

At first I thoght as if there were a downscaled separate version for Series S, as I wasn't happy with the LOD(Level of Detail) in graphics.
But after watching some Youtube videos recorded from PS5 and Series X, I'm not sure if there's any difference in graphics quality between the big ones and the little giant(Series S).
EA seem to have no choice but to sacrifice the LOD in order to get more ray tracing IMO. Hopefully, they'll optimise the game more properly and we'll get more LOD in Fifa22 nextgen ASAP.

Thank
A couple of adjustments to try for my PC/Current Gen sliders.

The biggest issue I'm trying to address is not having the wings too open due to the narrow width. The narrow width is extremely important in my opinion so I'm looking for ways to sort the potential issue and I think I'm making some progress. I'm finding 4/6 and 48/50 for Speed and Acceleration is helping the AI cover and recover the wing position better and it's also helping AI aggression/resistance across the pitch. In general (but especially on the wings) I'm wanting to make it as difficult as possible to run away from defenders with a simple turn.

I tried opening up width a little - but as soon as I open up further than 15 I just find the middle of the field is too easy to play through (plus it opens up more tracking issues). I really find 15/15 width and 1/1 length helps keeps things really tight and realistic through the field. Combined with the passing errors it creates more interceptions also. On 22, the Cbs come across to cover the wings much better, the full back don't give up their runs like on 20 and 21 - plus the wingers track better as well, so it's a lot more workable than previously. As @Matt10 has just suggested, the FBs position higher is helping to keep the LB and RB a little wider instead of bunching up so I've gone with a 60/60 as well. I've also upped first touch error as it doesn't seem to have a major impact. I'm noticing its effect more when a player tries to knock the ball out in front instead of on controlling the ball.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 48/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 10/94
Line Length: 1/1
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 60/60
First Touch Error: 95/95
Thank you for doing this. You are truly making it a better all around experience! I’m loving this game.

At first I thoght as if there were a downscaled separate version for Series S, as I wasn't happy with the LOD(Level of Detail) in graphics.
But after watching some Youtube videos recorded from PS5 and Series X, I'm not sure if there's any difference in graphics quality between the big ones and the little giant(Series S).
EA seem to have no choice but to sacrifice the LOD in order to get more ray tracing IMO. Hopefully, they'll optimise the game more properly and we'll get more LOD in Fifa22 nextgen ASAP.
I don't have anything to compare but it looks really nice on my series S, I have a 1080p TV. Only time I see framedrops are in the pregame presentation when they show the crowd waving flags. I see some blockiness when they do depth of field when the teams line up but in game I think it looks great

I don't have anything to compare but it looks really nice on my series S, I have a 1080p TV. Only time I see framedrops are in the pregame presentation when they show the crowd waving flags. I see some blockiness when they do depth of field when the teams line up but in game I think it looks great
Have you played next gen and current gen man? What are your thoughts? I had a ps5 in my cart earlier but thought I’d wait haha.

Back
Top Bottom