FIFA 22 Discussion (PC Version)

I've literally never heard of EA App! I think I fixed it, I'd missed an Overlay, the Origin one, disabled that and managed to play a match as well as the freekick skill game so fingers crossed...

Nope spoke too soon, launched the game, loaded my player career save, went to do the freekick training, 3,2,1 crash.

Regarding the sliders, I’m going to revisit the line and marking settings again tomorrow. I don’t want every game to feel too similar and I feel it might start to with the current settings. Hopefully I can find a good balance but I’m really looking forward to the editing tool being ready. That’s where we can do lots more work.
Had another 2 games and did not get the same amount of fouls, as I feared. Apart from that I think the slider set holds up pretty well so far. Do you feel there is not enough variation?

I did not remember about this but the downside of having the acceleration at 47 is the lack of stamina impact on the players which is a bit of a bummer.

Yeah I installed it, don't think it'll make any different TBH the issue is ingame not with the launcher, but we'll see, lowered my RAM clocks a smidge too :)

How about resetting to default in the graphics card utility app if you have ever changed any options for Fifa22 in it, though I have no idea about AMD card utility app.

Seems it might be a Directx12 issue, I have to keep changing DIRECTX_SELECT = 0 to DIRECTX_SELECT = 1 (can't make the file read only as it stops the game launching).

Seems it might be a Directx12 issue, I have to keep changing DIRECTX_SELECT = 0 to DIRECTX_SELECT = 1 (can't make the file read only as it stops the game launching).

Just forget about it and enjoy other games until a proper patch comes out. It would be better for the mental health.
Or re-install Windows when you have much time. :))

Did you set AUTO_LAUNCH = 1 in the config.ini to disable the launcher? This way your fifasetup.ini shouldn't be reset anymore.

Hey man, I found your old video on this and it works - but I can't seem to create negative values to zoom out further than default (or lower height further than default). Do you know how to do this? Negative values don't seem to take effect.
Slightly confused there as u seem to have it working to be able to bring the height upwards okay? But u also want it to go down? This isnt Joan Collins you know...

Had another 2 games and did not get the same amount of fouls, as I feared. Apart from that I think the slider set holds up pretty well so far. Do you feel there is not enough variation?

I did not remember about this but the downside of having the acceleration at 47 is the lack of stamina impact on the players which is a bit of a bummer.
Nah I agree, I think it's holding up quite well still actually. Need to play more to see. I want tactics to still matter and I haven't played enough with them to see how they impact things, so that'll be interesting.

Those who are testing the sliders, I have a couple of changes you could try.

The more I'm playing, the more I'm discovering that the differences in line height between User and CPU has a big role in the overall gameplay experience - especially with the midfield. Different height balances seem to match up the user positions with the CPU positions better and this contributes to those important distances.

I was finding that 10/94 was overall very good in lots of ways, but the user line was dropping too deep, with too much of the CPU attack taking place constantly on just outside or inside the box. I'm playing now with:

Height 15/93
Line 0/0
Width 15/15
FB: 45/45

Give this a go and see what you think. From what I've played so far, it's a little more netural (with room for tactical adjustments) and there's a lot more variety in play for both attacking and defending. The CPU tries to get in behind sometimes, they build up sometimes, they go long sometimes and there’s more shots from outside the box. Defensively you can really block it up, but you can also get caught out if you’re not careful.

When attacking, the slightly more advanced position means there's a little more room to play, wheras before I felt like it was becoming a little too difficult to hold the ball in advanced positions around the final third and it was leading to 1 dimensional attacking.

I’m really enjoying this balance atm, but early days.
Edit: Oh and the wing issue seems to be even more fixed too,

Also, the more Next-Gen videos I see, the more I see better base tracking from midfielders compared to PC/Current-Gen.

Last edited:
Ok, I've played some more matches and this seems to be holding up really well. Matches are interesting, fair and realistic so far. Tactics matter, plus there's lots of midfield and variety in play. I especially think the transitions in this set have improved. Give it a go and see how you find it.

Semi controls
Auto clearances, etc off.
Pass Block Assistance off.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 47/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 15/93
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 45/45
First Touch Error: 95/95

Last edited:
Ok, I've played some more matches and this seems to be holding up really well. Matches are interesting, fair and realistic so far. Tactics matter, plus there's lots of midfield and variety in play. I especially think the transitions in this set have improved. Give it a go and see how you find it.

Semi controls
Auto clearances, etc off.
Pass Block Assistance off.

Sprint Speed: 4/6
Acceleration: 47/50
Shot Error: 70/70
Pass Error 70/70
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 38/38
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 45/45
Marking: 77/77
Run Frequency: 20/20
Line Height: 15/93
Line Length: 0/0
Line Width: 15/15
Fullback: 45/45
First Touch Error: 95/95

Tried one match just now. This was one of the last CL group stage fixture, away against Dynamo Kiev and a hard one since I am fighting for my life to try and avoid the bottom of the table. I felt more attack variety from the AI and it seemed to me that they were trying to shoot from outside the box more frequently (lost the match 3-2 in the last second with a proper belter from them). I also saw the AI doing clever patient attack approaches, looking for a hole in my 3 CB wall, without doing too much tikitaka, which is a good thing. Their wings were tough to access but the match was very dynamic in general. I was 2-0 down in the first 15 minutes and managed to equalize at the end of the first half.

The only thing I am worried about with this set is the problem with the stamina not going down at all, probably because of the low acceleration/sprint. Other than that, I am having a great time with the slider set :=)

On a different note, I just noticed that the CPU is awful at scoring penalties. In the last 4 or 5 matches the AI had 4 penalty attempts against me and missed all of them miserably. Strange. Is anyone noticing this?

Tried one match just now. This was one of the last CL group stage fixture, away against Dynamo Kiev and a hard one since I am fighting for my life to try and avoid the bottom of the table. I felt more attack variety from the AI and it seemed to me that they were trying to shoot from outside the box more frequently (lost the match 3-2 in the last second with a proper belter from them). I also saw the AI doing clever patient attack approaches, looking for a hole in my 3 CB wall, without doing too much tikitaka, which is a good thing. Their wings were tough to access but the match was very dynamic in general. I was 2-0 down in the first 15 minutes and managed to equalize at the end of the first half.

The only thing I am worried about with this set is the problem with the stamina not going down at all, probably because of the low acceleration/sprint. Other than that, I am having a great time with the slider set :=)

On a different note, I just noticed that the CPU is awful at scoring penalties. In the last 4 or 5 matches the AI had 4 penalty attempts against me and missed all of them miserably. Strange. Is anyone noticing this?
I must be sprinting to much then… a lot of my players are done 15 min before the final whistle. As I said before, it made a noticeable difference bringing some fresh guys from the bench.

I must be sprinting to much then… a lot of my players are done 15 min before the final whistle. As I said before, it made a noticeable difference bringing some fresh guys from the bench.
Could be because of me not rushing too much during my games. I just try and play it like a chess game with the eventual surprise burst :)

Could be because of me not rushing too much during my games. I just try and play it like a chess game with the eventual surprise burst :)
Yes. Got you. And that’s the beauty of tactics in a football video game. If you understand that part of the game and you can actually work with it... bliss!

That’s what I’m trying to do as well, but I guess time of the trail ticking down gave me some sort of extra push.
The last match I played, I forced myself not to use sprint as much and the whole game flowed differently.
It’s the same for years, there is some truth to the “how you play” aspect. Like there is in real life!
Only a few hours to go... just 1 night of sleep...can’t wait!! :)

Great to hear! I had the same experience.

The acceleration/stamina can be fixed pretty easily once we have access to gameplay files. I wonder if the shot error slider is leading to penalty misses?

If next gen survives the day one patch I think I’ll try and get my hands on a ps5 as well. I can’t not haha.

Great to hear! I had the same experience.

The acceleration/stamina can be fixed pretty easily once we have access to gameplay files. I wonder if the shot error slider is leading to penalty misses?

If next gen survives the day one patch I think I’ll try and get my hands on a ps5 as well. I can’t not haha.
Can't wait to see the mods for pc coming! That shot error leading to penalty misses makes sense.

I think I will try the Stadia version, let's see how it goes.

Quick question, is it possible to activate/deactivate handballs inside the box during an ongoing career mode? I kinda like that feature but sometimes the ref whistles too many ridiculous penalties....

Quick question, is it possible to activate/deactivate handballs inside the box during an ongoing career mode? I kinda like that feature but sometimes the ref whistles too many ridiculous penalties....
Yeah you can turn on handballs (except penalties).

Back
Top Bottom