FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Quick question, what is the use of Match time of the day if it's locked in FIFA? I only can choose the time of the day to play a match in Exhibition mode but it's locked when I play tournaments for example. Is there a way to unlock this?

Last edited:
My fear is a FIFA 23 great at launch and horrible post update 😕
As usual mate, but as a Game Changer, I hope you can said to EA that the offline community would like a more stable game.
Too much patches!
The last one is really good, maybe the game is better than the vanilla one.
I started the Euro on my career with England and the 3 matches were really good

I hammered Czech Republic 3-0 with a hat trick from Greenwood!

I think,like Cher that I'm strong enough but Hungary kicked me 1-3 by surprised, with a compact defense, I was amazed!

I have scored this beauty with Mount with the most unexpected assist

Against Poland, I want to play very good but in the first minutes, Piatek scored!
Four Lions fighting spirit is always there, and Rashford arrived to score!
The last five minutes, I didn't quit Poland area but Szczesny was in the zone. 4 amazings saves!
I'm out of the Euro, i finished third

Another match with United, against Chelsea, the Community shield!
I have lost 2-0, i can't do anything, too strong for me

I love losing when the CPU plays like that. Good realistic speed, nice goals, strong in defense, a lot of crosses, good GK, you need to find the hole in the defense to score. When you didn't arrived , you lose!

Last edited:
new update fixed the through ball bug

you can use finally use manual though balls online now

full manual is back in fifa. 👍 only took 6 months

Interesting, as that is beyond the patch notes, suggesting they are indeed not exhaustive of all changes.

Still, I'm not going near it until it states - in black and white - that they've attempted to de-cunt the goalkeepers. They probably won't use those words, but you get the picture. I'll probably be waiting for SuperMegaDeCuntNotKeepingGoalLikeTheWimpyKidScaredOfTheBallWhoGotForcedToGoInBetweenTheSticksAtPrimarySchoolMotion Technology™ in FIFA 23.

This video for me explains the more solid feeling , no sliding.to.reach ball and no body parts going through each other , even when the foot clips the defenders arm it makes contact

EA looking at their next Fifa patch:
giphy.gif

Interesting, as that is beyond the patch notes, suggesting they are indeed not exhaustive of all changes.

Still, I'm not going near it until it states - in black and white - that they've attempted to de-cunt the goalkeepers. They probably won't use those words, but you get the picture. I'll probably be waiting for SuperMegaDeCuntNotKeepingGoalLikeTheWimpyKidScaredOfTheBallWhoGotForcedToGoInBetweenTheSticksAtPrimarySchoolMotion Technology™ in FIFA 23.
Hypermotion 1.0

Capture 1 match

X

Hypermotion 2.0

Capture 10 matches 😅

As usual mate, but as a Game Changer, I hope you can said to EA that the offline community would like a more stable game.
Too much patches!
The last one is really good, maybe the game is better than the vanilla one.
I started the Euro on my career with England and the 3 matches were really good

I hammered Czech Republic 3-0 with a hat trick from Greenwood!

I think,like Cher that I'm strong enough but Hungary kicked me 1-3 by surprised, with a compact defense, I was amazed!

I have scored this beauty with Mount with the most unexpected assist

Against Poland, I want to play very good but in the first minutes, Piatek scored!
Four Lions fighting spirit is always there, and Rashford arrived to score!
The last five minutes, I didn't quit Poland area but Szczesny was in the zone. 4 amazings saves!
I'm out of the Euro, i finished third

Another match with United, against Chelsea, the Community shield!
I have lost 2-0, i can't do anything, too strong for me

I love losing when the CPU plays like that. Good realistic speed, nice goals, strong in defense, a lot of crosses, good GK, you need to find the hole in the defense to score. When you didn't arrived , you lose!
I'll look at 23 soon, but I always talk about making adjustments for simulation purposes.

new update fixed the through ball bug

you can use finally use manual though balls online now

full manual is back in fifa. 👍 only took 6 months
Look on the bright side though mate, Konami released e$hitball on September 30th last year. After a brief tweak on November 5th, that's it. EA may take one step forward and two back sometimes in areas of the game but at least they try. They are under pressure to make the game an even bigger success worldwide than it already is and unfortunately that means catering to the FUT crowd (no offense to anybody who plays that, I've experimented a little with it myself but didn't like it as much as the other modes) with those Xbox giftcards from grandma 2-3 times a year so if it's a commercial success to give you the option to put Ibra in a spacesuit, they'll do that. (I remember old FIFAs with Easter eggs to make UFOs steal your players during the game and it was hilarious because it was a choice to play that mode and although it wasn't the same level of hilarity, just oddly disturbing, there was an old PES/WE title that allowed you to play with animal heads on your players.) But at least accessing the sillyness of the game was an option rather than it being forced upon you.

If FIFA does go free from September this year with the 2023 title, it won't be aimed at us as much as those kids who are pissed you can't have a Battle Royal mode in the game with futuristic firearms. And we'll have no voice to complain because it's free. There's also talk of a name change and dropping of the 'FIFA' name in the series. That's the end of Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA across a 12 month period Sept 21-Sept 22. (It's like Messi and Ronaldo retiring. We'll never see that in the game again, two of the best players ever.) And as such, we'll be playing FIFA 22 or PES 21 (or older titles) from there on out because the reality of the games will be like comparing Black Ops II to Apex Legends in terms of realism of modern warfare. $60, or however much you pay for it in your country, is a lot of money to lose per copy they would otherwise be guaranteed to make so they must have a great marketing strategy to make money. 30+ million x $60/equivalent is a lot to piss down the toilet.

If they stop updating here (you know what it's like watching a real game and your team goes up 1-0 in the first ten minutes and instead of an entertaining 9 goal thriller where you don't know if you'd win 9-0 or lose 8-1, you'd take the 1-0 result right there) I'll be happy because I think it's a pretty solid game and with the tweaks available through the sliders, a bunch can be done to at least lean the game towards most players to suit the style they like to play. The worst case scenario is an update or two which sink the game and this is the last complete footy title we ever get.

There's every danger ‘EA Sports F.C.’ will be the same fat kid in a go-kart downhill demise that e$hitball turned out to be and 'free' is the scariest word in games when it comes to established titles.

I'll look at 23 soon, but I always talk about making adjustments for simulation purposes.
Oh yes, that a good news for us, thanks!

With the World Cup in the end if the Year, FIFA 23 could be fantastic. It's the last EA sports footy game named FIFA, so it have to be good.
Hypermotion 2.0 will help to bring better animations I Hope.

I want a big step forward because FIFA doesn't look like a nextgen game : blurry textures, slowdown sometimes, strange animations.
I want a big one and I Hope having Access to the bêta🤞

Quick question, what is the use of Match time of the day if it's locked in FIFA? I only can choose the time of the day to play a match in Exhibition mode but it's locked when I play tournaments for example. Is there a way to unlock this?
I never understood this as you used to be able to change it a few years back the they locked it. Pes was the other way around and they allowed you to change DayTime etc . I'm not sure if custo. Tournament on fifa let's you do it but any set modes there's no way. I don't mind as much as I used to as on next gen night games look nice. I remember on PES they looked horrible on PS4 so had to change them all the time

I've just updated my slider set on my thread to try and counter some of these awful updates! I'll paste the same post on here too, just as more people might come across it and hopefully it can help some of you looking for a bit more of a balance. That Live Tuning update has really been terrible:RANT::RANT::RANT:

////////////

I've been trying to find a balance to the awful Live Tuning update from a few weeks ago. I think I've finally got it to a place that's decent, but there are still some areas that really annoy me.

I won't bother going into it all too much, but there's a reason for the huge discrepancies between User and CPU in Speed/Acceleration. It all comes down to the way the CPU shuffles and passively moves out of your way now when you're holding the ball and running towards them. The discrepancy allows them to get back into the 'correct' position for the most part so that you can't just keep running through teams at will. I recommend double tapping the sprint button with this set as a way of feeling like you can still 'burst' - as if you bring up the speed to match the CPU you will just be sprinting by everyone with ease all the time.

The idea behind this set is to create that challenge so you have to find your gaps and pick your moment for taking on someone. It doesn't feel as unbalanced as it might look on paper, I actually think a lot of the values match up relatively well for the most part - remembering that sliders are often about behaviour more than anything else. The unbalancing has mainly been done through all of these ridiculous updates, through sliders I'm just trying to correct it!

In general though, I've really tried to create more physicality, more natural patterns and a difficult avenue to goal. I've tried to stop the tika-taka, create realistic passages of play (which are also replicated in stats; lower general shot and save counts and more of a midfield battle).

Anyway, I might tweak a little from here, but for now I feel this is much better than it was before. Hope it helps some of you guys!

Oh and a reminder that I'm still using this in combination with the Tactical Adjustment which you can find here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-fifa-22-next-gen-simulation-sliders-tactical-adjustment.88993/

05/04/22

-World Class/Legendary
-Slow, 10 min halves
-Classic Attributes in Kick-Off mode
-Manual/Semi (Competitor Switch off, Jockey Manual, Pass Block Assistance On, Analogue Sprint off)

Sprint Speed: 60/75
Acceleration: 48/53
Shot Error: 74/74 (Manual: 70/74)
Pass Error: 88/78 (Manual: 70/78)
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 34/30
Injury Frequency: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
GK Ability: 50/50
Marking: 40/75
Run Frequency: 85/85
Line Height: 100/100
Line Length: 100/80
Line Width: 40/70
FB Positioning: 45/45
First Touch Error: 20/20
Power bar: 45 (for full manual I recommend 65 as it’s better for passing)

Last edited:
@Anth James This recent patch feels like it's sorted the defence out, they seem far more switched on, I've dropped down to proffesional but after 10 or so games vanilla is as good of not better than day 1

Someone wanted some sliders, so i post mine.
3 months with any change, a record!

These are my last slider after the second patch on PS5/Xbox Series X
Lenght : 8 minutes
Controls : FUMA

Speed : normal or slow

Difficulty : WC or Legend

Half : 8 minutes

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 16/18
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 55/65

F me! 😳 what is this Update?!
Played versus City and their hectic frantic passing is gone. Can’t remember but it sure is a while since I enjoyed a match against them. 😊👏
AI errors are here, calmer (but still city) build up... but F ME, the hectic passing is gone or less. Awesome.
Never thought they „bring back“ this game. After 1 match that leaves me positively surprised, wanting to play more this weekend.
Will let you know if it was placebo.

Enjoy the weekend folks!! 🤗🥳

Played versus City and their hectic frantic passing is gone. Can’t remember but it sure is a while since I enjoyed a match against them. 😊👏
AI errors are here, calmer (but still city) build up... but F ME, the hectic passing is gone or less. Awesome.
Never thought they „bring back“ this game. After 1 match that leaves me positively surprised, wanting to play more this weekend.

Definitely not placebo , I've played ps5 version all week. Very good update and probably most solid it's ever been

Dang! Set the sliders to default for User and CPU and the (new) vanilla is incredible.

I don’t think I’ve ever prayed for a software developer to not release another patch or update to a game but they need to leave this alone and walk away from it and leave us happy.

Dang! Set the sliders to default for User and CPU and the (new) vanilla is incredible.

I don’t think I’ve ever prayed for a software developer to not release another patch or update to a game but they need to leave this alone and walk away from it and leave us happy.
What is the new vanilla? To me vanilla is the disc game without patches.

Last edited:
Im playing FIFA, having a beer and watching Bundesliga live on iPad.
Like you probably know, I like to recreate and play the matches that are currently running.
And holy cow. Spot on, they scored in real life and I did in the game. Never happened that precise!! 😂👏😍🤯🥳🤷‍♂️🥳🥳🥳

This fits the live update so well, somehow... 😊 enjoy the weekend guys!!

Edit: 0:2. Should’ve kept playing. 😂😂

Damned it's not a placebo.
I have made 7 games this afternoon.
The CPU Plays very well.
My 5th Season with Olympique de Marseille. Williams runs to the goal and bam a big tackle and red card! CPU get mad and another ref card. I detroyed them 1-5 but CPU scores a nice goal.

Pré Season versus Milan AC and RB Leipzig were very closed.

Another match versus a low team. I took my Team B and CPU gets a red card in the first minutes. But after CPU plays like Never. Very clever actions with more physics, i love it!

I upload all this stuff

Edit : videos are out

Some CPU goals :
FC Metz :

Luis Alberto volley

Two goals from Clermont Foot

Full matches :

AC Milan Vs OM :

OM Vs RB Leipzig

OM goals

PSG Vs OM

OM Vs Lille

OM Vs Real Sociedad

Fc Metz Vs OM

OM Vs Clermont Foot
https://youtu.be/Sw5a6aiHC_A

Last edited:
Who said that GK in FIFA 22 are bad?
Yes, they can be outstanding and more importantly, appropriate! But they are glitchy for sure OR are like that to keep “EA kinda balance” to the game.

non consistent. appropriate. Glitchy. Super human. human. Awkward. they cant be everything! 😉

Hope you get me. Love the video like a former Sunday league keeper. ☺️

Since patch before last as much as they ruined most things they sorted the keepers as far as letting in soft goals

A couple of examples of the defensive issues that are still really annoying me post Live Tuning update.

The physicality is diminished, you can see the way Modric just slides off Thiago, not providing any kind of resistance. The CPU is also very passive in the 1v1, being so easily beaten and offering zero thrust to knock off the ball carrier or position correctly. It's like they just move out of the way now. They over commit to their position, yet don't offer anything when they get there. Argh.

Edit: Since posting, I've made one change to my slider settings which seems to be helping somewhat. I need to keep testing and it's obviously still an annoying issue, but on top of Speed at 60/75 and Acc at 48/53 to help counter it, I'm now dropping First Touch Error to 20/20. The thinking behind this change is to create more confidence in the CPU's ability to determine their distances from the ball/encourage them to make a tackle more often. I feel the change is a positive one and will keep testing. Definitely noticing more fouls, better challenges and a higher possession stat from the CPU since...

Last edited:
Previously I've shared a pic of GK "breaking his spine" to let me score, I thought it was a bug. As I play more Fifa 22 on my Series X, I realised that instead of players scoring goals because they shoot at the right place, at the right timing, with the right power, etc, Fifa stupefies the GK to let you score, not to also mention it doesn't matter where the players are positioned as the ball just clips through the non shooting foot. This is happening on World Class difficulty. Since WE3 I've always feel that scoring felt more rewarding than Fifa. Fifa 22 felt pretty good at the start, with hypermotion being the best thing for offline Fifa players since The Journey, that is until I see the replays. All these to keep FUT players happy? EA also have not fixed that weird face glitch bug after 8 updates. Probably just going try out every new update they have, while going back to PES 2021.

ezgif-5-8ad9086bd2.gif

Last edited:
Previously I've shared a pic of GK "breaking his spine" to let me score, I thought it was a bug. As I play more Fifa 22 on my Series X, I realised that instead of players scoring goals because they shoot at the right place, at the right timing, with the right power, etc, Fifa stupefies the GK to let you score, not to also mention it doesn't matter where the players are positioned as the ball just clips through the non shooting foot. This is happening on World Class difficulty. Since WE3 I've always feel that scoring felt more rewarding than Fifa. Fifa 22 felt pretty good at the start, with hypermotion being the best thing for offline Fifa players since The Journey, that is until I see the replays. All these to keep FUT players happy? EA also have not fixed that weird face glitch bug after 8 updates. Probably just going try out every new update they have, while going back to PES 2021.

View attachment 153602
Paging @Flipper the Priest. Looks like it's still happening after all.

I tried the game after the patch, but still issue with defending. The system is totally crap to me, they really need to change.

But overally, the feeling and overall speed is the best i've tried since... Fifa 17 or even before. Players seems to have finally some "physics" added, like if on previous update there wasn't anything and you can turn like a mosquito

I tried once with my sliders, one with vanilla on "slow" as it wasn't at my home, so no sliders. And it was better than before with sliders in terms of feeling with the ball.

But i just can enjoy the game due to the defending system with the invisible wall which became bigger and bigger after every version. The pitch is already big, and there's even more space like that for attacking. Still too easy/basic to attack and hard/not natural to defend. It's an "in-universe" system, nothing logic in that system, or most the way it's made.

I want the FIFA 13-14 same system of Tactical Defending, no problem with (advancing, reculing, no wall : just need to tackle when you're close or when you contain).
But now and all, it's not natural, weird, and nothing like defending IRL or in any other football game.
Sliding tackles are the same : toned down. I don't get those "no assistance" guys. The first game which we really feels football got a pressing, not even tackle button : but you have to not press to much (or fault) and it was the golden era.
I remember three version in particular gets pretty low rating on test because of it : it was or too difficult or impossible to defend due to some parameters (both on PES and Fifa : PS2 and PS3 era).

Now, people want the opposite. I don't get it, as it's not hard to attack on VS more than in any other mode.
Sad how times and gamers vision of all of it has changed. And it's not even due to online : we played against each other but on console.
A balance is finally found after 100 football game : they want to make a step back before that. Balance was : attacking is easy when you play, so for balancing the whole game defending should be also, but not too much (or faults etc.), you had to mastering it with the way your pushing on buttons : not just let cross and square and doing nothing, or you well or get pass, or made tons of faults.

I'm replaying Retro and i notice it. It was perfect, nothing to change. I talk about the system, from Fifa aswell as PES.
Or the old alternative of Tactical Defending was good too. Well enough, sorry for repeating myself (i got hard to explain it clearly in english)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom