FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

GK arent my problem, I love them less super-human (i just increse shot error and play manual).

My problems are broken animations, and how ball sometimes goes through players and just end up in their feet --- it is like hypermotion does not know what to do --- and just cancel enitre animation in one moment.
I hope they fix it in FIFA 23 + better graphic + slower gameplay + more individuality for players ... a cant expect more from game made for online FUT (insert insult here)

The frustrating part is that I think the goalkeepers are really good apart from when they're at the old Chinese gambling ring save attempts. Which is a bit like me saying I like my body apart from my big ears, fat belly, hairy back, chunky legs and gross feet.

It's safe to say they've chucked HyperMotion™. If you go through its features it's clear it's been abandoned since its release.

There's a good sentence for your it's/its fans out there.

Solution to that is:

KILL_EVERYONE = 1
REFEREE_FOUL_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE = 1
REFEREE_CARD_STRICTNESS_OVERRIDE = 2

in Locale.ini

Well yeah I know it's not a solution to console users but then I'd never, ever buy a Fifa on console tbh :)
It's not that he's not being fouled I'm worried about - in-fact, the AI does still break your leg in totally stupid scenarios now thanks to them "listening to us" about the lack of AI fouls...

It's the lack of defensive awareness and urgency from all players, all the time, because FUT players need the AI to be traffic cones or it's not fair wahhhh why can't I score wahhhh.

whats the context of the video , does this happen on every level if you just walk. I get pressed like mad of the AI
The context of the video is, play on Legendary, walk goalside of a CM and just walk around like he does. I experienced the same thing last night before I even saw his video, and I was on the current-gen version too, so it's not even just a live-tuning update thing.

whats the context of the video , does this happen on every level if you just walk. I get pressed like mad of the AI
I play on Legendary - you can literally just walk around with the ball like in the video above.

edit: Chris beat me to it.

I play on Legendary - you can literally just walk around with the ball like in the video above.

edit: Chris beat me to it.
I will try this. If i have the same problem, it's very very bad!
Edit : I have tried and yes no tackle in these conditions. I didn't notice that because I played with passes and not dribbles near the surface but it's a big issue damned!

Last edited:
Title Update #8 will soon be available for the PC (Origin/Steam) version of FIFA 22, and it will include the changes below.

Gameplay

Made the following change:
  • The Drag To Drag Skill Move can be interrupted earlier in the animation after being performed with the right analog input.

Addressed the following issues:
  • When the attacking player was performing a cross, Auto Switching did not occur as expected for the defending team if their controlled player was Containing.
  • When a goal was scored in the last moment of a match, it wasn’t being counted towards the result in some rare instances.
  • When playing Co-Op, the initial kick off pass animation was taking slightly longer than intended.
  • In some rare situations, the goalkeeper rushed towards the ball carrier without being requested to do so.

VOLTA FOOTBALL

Addressed the following issues:
  • VOLTA ARCADE could display as being unavailable even when it was available.
    In some cases, a red ball could have been used on a red surface, making it difficult to view the ball.

Pro Clubs

Addressed the following issue:
  • Club and Virtual Pro information could disappear from the UI after sending Drop-In invites. This was a visual issue only.

General, Audio, and Visual

Made the following changes:
  • Updated some kits and stadia.
  • Added and updated a total of 51 new star heads.
    These will only be available following a server update. Please follow @EAFIFADIRECT for updates on when this will be live in-game.

I'm now also playing next gen on the series X. Use the OS slider and lost my first match 0-2. OM v Nice.

I need more practice.

Yeah, that ended up well for PES .... but they probably just include PS5 and Xbox versions (maybe PC in time)
It will probably be between Playstation and Xbox (FIFA 22) and PC, Xbox and Playstation in 23, and this may hint that FIFA 23 will have next-generation version on PC.

Last edited:
I don't know what happen but I have a lot of freek kick. Already scored 3 with CR7.
Versus Leeds, the GK goes outside his box and the referee says FK! It's the first time I saw that in a FIFA!

Another FK versus City

And a rocket by Rashford

Goods matches since two days

Some nice assists too :

Last edited:
I spoke way too soon on this Live Tuning update. The balance is so out of whack in many areas. Argh what a mess.

So many of these changes they make to gameplay clearly aren't tested much/if at all. I remember from the gameplay files I used to mod myself, the tiniest change in a value can impact or throw out the balance in many areas. The increase in speed of movement has such a negative impact on the balance of interactions between User and CPU and if they aren't right then everything else around it falls apart. @Chris Davies you mentioned last week that the team of developers is completely changed once the game is complete and the new team make all of the adjustments. That sounds like an AWFUL idea and is most likely the reason we're in this mess.

Last edited:
I spoke way too soon on this Live Tuning update. The balance is so out of whack in many areas. Argh what a mess.

So many of these changes they make to gameplay clearly aren't tested much/if at all. I remember from the gameplay files I used to mod myself, the tiniest change in a value can impact or throw out the balance in many areas. The increase in speed of movement has such a negative impact on the balance of interactions between User and CPU and if they aren't right then everything else around it falls apart. @Chris Davies you mentioned last week that the team of developers is completely changed once the game is complete and the new team make all of the adjustments. That sounds like an AWFUL idea and is most likely the reason we're in this mess.
The last update has just sped things up beyond playable for most modes ..the only good game I get now Is really low one star / two star teams ..premier league is a write off now

The last update has just sped things up beyond playable for most modes ..the only good game I get now Is really low one star / two star teams ..premier league is a write off now
Defenders are definitely more passive too now. For the most part they get in the correct positions, but just don't do enough anymore to win the ball back. So ridiculous.

See.. The turf details and depth of FIFA 17.. is way better than what is currently on FIFA 22 PC.. maybe even better than FIFA 22 Next-Gen.. Looks very real and alive..
FIFA 17 was an amazing football game. My favorit I think. The colours are better than FIFA 22, less cartoon. But what I love in FIFA 14 and 17 is inertia. The game is responsive but realistic, not arcadish. You have to think before doing something. A bad move and the stricker will kick you, GK were very strong too. A lot of battle in midfield. Zero sliders and highter level on FUMA.

City was playing very well, very natural. Long shoot was there, the speed a bit high but i have changing anything. Damned i love FIFA 14 and FIFA 17. FIFA 16 too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom