FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Played one game last night - This is a typical game for me on FIFA - Only thing different is one or two of their shots would normally be a goal.

View attachment 150671
Yeah my stats are nothing like that , maybe knock a couple of points off your acceleration slider to make it more of a challenge. EDIT You're also hitting 90% pass rate with Exeter and almost every shot on target went in...very strange as I'm on same setting although with sliders and I don't see anything like that

Played one game last night - This is a typical game for me on FIFA - Only thing different is one or two of their shots would normally be a goal.

View attachment 150671
I don't know your settings but if i have these stats, i will hate this game.
You can score beauty in FUMA like this :

I have realistic stats in all my matches :

FIFA is not perfect but you can have I think a better experience with some adjustments with sliders

I don't know your settings but if i have these stats, i will hate this game.
You can score beauty in FUMA like this :

I have realistic stats in all my matches :
FIFA is not perfect but you can have I think a better experience with some adjustments with sliders

What skill level do you play the game on?
What settings? Manual, Semi or Full Auto..

For a quick test I decreased the CPU pass speed slider down to ZERO out of 100 to see if I could make this game less frantic.

And the CPU STILL zips the ball around!

And those of you saying you’ve got different post match stats to everyone else - that’s probably because you play on World Class and below. Which makes the CPU far too passive and easy to play against.

Sliders won’t fix this mess. Is it better than FIFA 21? Sure it is. But that’s not saying much.

What skill level do you play the game on?
What settings? Manual, Semi or Full Auto..
Hi mate.
I play on FUMA, WC sometimes on Legendary.
8 minutes
Slow or normal speed

I don't know if it helps🤞
If you want I can repost my sliders

These are my last slider after the second patch on PS5/Xbox Series X
Lenght : 8 minutes
Controls : FUMA

Speed : normal or slow

Difficulty : WC or Legend

Half : 8 minutes

FUMA : everything on off with tactical defending, analog sprint off

User / AI
Sprint speed: 16/18
Acceleration : 50/50
Shot error : 55/70
Pass error : 55/60
Shot speed : 45/45
Pass speed : 15/10
Injury Frequency : 80/70
Injury severity : 30/53
GK Ability : 65/65
Marking : 57/70
Run frequency : 27/52
Line Height : 60/50
Line Lenght (def line) : 48/50
Line Width : 51/48
FB Positioning : 49/50
Power bar : 50/-
First touch control error : 55/65

Last edited:
Hi mate.
8 minutes
Slow or normal speed

User / AI
Next to be able to choose the version of the game I want to play (guess we all want that), I wish we had the opportunity to save and select from multiple slider sets ingame! awww man…

Hi mate.
8 minutes
Slow or normal speed

User / AI
I’m going to give this one more try with your sliders mate - your videos look good.

I’m going to give this one more try with your sliders mate - your videos look good.
Thanks Mikhail

I really try to have a simulation game. I can't stop sliding, or strange mouvements because it's on FIFA code, but with few changes, you can really enjoy some games.
In each game now, I have freekick, faults, long shoots and every 5 games reds cards and penalty!
I like it.
When i saw big scores like 0-7 or 6-4, it's possible to do something.

I know, EA should do a minimum to make FIFA good. The beta and on retail, FIFA was really good by default.
FUT addict kill our game, it's sad but true.
The lose of the FIFA licence will change nothing I think.

For a quick test I decreased the CPU pass speed slider down to ZERO out of 100 to see if I could make this game less frantic.

And the CPU STILL zips the ball around!

And those of you saying you’ve got different post match stats to everyone else - that’s probably because you play on World Class and below. Which makes the CPU far too passive and easy to play against.

Sliders won’t fix this mess. Is it better than FIFA 21? Sure it is. But that’s not saying much.
I play on Legendary a lot and don’t have those type of crazy stats at all either. Certainly not perfect, but that’s just the truth of my experience.

Having said that, I’m quite worried that this Live Tuning update is about to ruin the game!

Last edited:
The notes are very clear. I don't want an even more dumbed-down defence. Avoiding it like the plague.

In other news, the bugs are getting better:

Is he passing behind the net?

I might just download the update. Okay so I enjoyed my spell last night but not that much. It's still flagging overall, so maybe this update will wring its neck and I can finally move on.

This game was so good at release. For me it was the first FIFA since a long time that I Really enjoyed. I played four seasons in career mode, which is special for me and now I'm seeing this and it's such a disappointment. They can't do it right. You can't satisfy these two groups, it's not possible. I hope they wake up but I don't believe it.

Ok, I've played a little with the Live Tuning update and so far it hasn't felt game breaking to me. I've been playing with my sliders, and they might need a little tightening up potentially, but overall the team movement still seems to be there and I'm not noticing a lack of tracking by the mids yet. I'm hoping the application of that was to prevent them from parking too deep in the box like they do on default, and nothing to do with general defensive duties.

The space is a little more opened up in defence and on occasion it can be a bit easy to get through but it doesn't seem like it's creating too much of an imbalance or anything so far that can’t be adjusted if needed. I need more time with it but I felt a little bit like the midfielders width was actually opened up a little too - and I think that's a positive because they had a tendency to bunch up a little too much for my liking compared to the rest of the team shape. This seems to have resulted in a little more pressure out on the wings which I like.

Usually if there's something terribly wrong gameplay wise you'll feel it in the first couple of minutes and I didn't have that feeling (like I did on TU4 or5). I played a few half games with some different teams to test and it felt good to me still, with similar kind of stats to what I was having previously.

Back to some more games...

EDIT: There's definitely some issues. I'm finding it more with speed of movement and speed of passing which has a knock on effect of lack of physicality, more than with defensives tracking or awareness, but it's going to need some looking at. Argh

Last edited:
They are making all of these changes because the Ultimate Team player base was complaining that the game was "boring" and that defending was over powered, that they couldn't do the ridiculous and unrealistic spamming of skills move so they nerf all of it. I really wish that they would just make UT a standalone product.

I had a few games online last night and they all ended with an average goal count of 8 goals a game..
Where before the patch the average goal count was 3-5.

Also when playing career mode, I got my first 12-0 win yesterday and the least number of goals scored was a 6-1 win.
EA have really fucked up the defending that the positioning of the AI defenders just make it so easy to score.
Well EA have always wanted a new name for FIFA, I suggest to them Foot Basketball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom