FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Can you post the video next time you score 12 with any sliders , controls etc. I'm genuinely interested why I'm getting nil Nils and one niks etc and others are having 12 goals ..it's mad

Can you post the video next time you score 12 with any sliders , controls etc. I'm genuinely interested why I'm getting nil Nils and one niks etc and others are having 12 goals ..it's mad

The only time I ever see scores like that is when My Grandson is smashing goals in on Beginner / Amateur level.

YeaH. Exactly what I just thought. I’d appreciate a video of such a match as well, to get a better picture.
@bsmaff can you, will you? :)

Hmmm I’m starting to see a lot of very quick passing again…:RANT:
This is a major problem for me, but it was before. You can reduce the pass speed massively, but the AI likes to string passes together and when they pass back and forth between the same couple of players, it genuinely looks like a pinball banging between bumpers. Ball physics don't exist, and a player never, EVER has to take a touch.

After doing some research, I've discovered that the team that creates the game moves on as soon as it's released, and a different team makes changes based on feedback, no matter what it actually does to the game (i.e. if it takes it from "semi realistic" to "pinball").

Now that I know that, I'm ditching the next-gen version and switching to PC. Whatever benefits next-gen has, it's just not worth it when they're actively making the game WORSE for us month after month. Sliders can't undo code changes.

(Actually - could I even revert to v1 on PC if I wanted to? I'm not sure the EXE would run...)

Also, unrelated, but... Is there not a legal perspective to this? How can they sell you something and then mutate it (not even the same team with the original vision, but another team with no care for that vision) over time?

I bought an attempt at a football simulation I could play with friends.

What I've got now is a football-themed pinball machine that they (and I) hate.

How is that okay?

This is a major problem for me, but it was before. You can reduce the pass speed massively, but the AI likes to string passes together and when they pass back and forth between the same couple of players, it genuinely looks like a pinball banging between bumpers. Ball physics don't exist, and a player never, EVER has to take a touch.

After doing some research, I've discovered that the team that creates the game moves on as soon as it's released, and a different team makes changes based on feedback, no matter what it actually does to the game (i.e. if it takes it from "semi realistic" to "pinball").

Now that I know that, I'm ditching the next-gen version and switching to PC. Whatever benefits next-gen has, it's just not worth it when they're actively making the game WORSE for us month after month. Sliders can't undo code changes.

(Actually - could I even revert to v1 on PC if I wanted to? I'm not sure the EXE would run...)

Also, unrelated, but... Is there not a legal perspective to this? How can they sell you something and then mutate it (not even the same team with the original vision, but another team with no care for that vision) over time?

How is that okay?
Not sure if Michael Brook is still at EA, but…

i take that clip for every live update now. 😉

A point I've made before and dismissed because of ennui. However, even though we grudgingly accept it, do we ever explicitly agree to accept that the game will be changed?

I - like everyone, everywhere, ever - never read Ts and Cs.

How is that okay?

To be clear i still really enjoy it and im surprised ive got almost a year out of it, but i did think about this this morning coming work. If i compared FIFA/PES to furniture for example.

I buy a small light cream lamp table from IKEA and it has a wobbly leg.
IKEA come out and fix the leg, happy days
However the table also comes back 10% smaller --hmm ok i can live with that the legs fixed
Two weeks alter Mr IKEA comes knocking comes into my living room and makes the table 20% bigger and paints it a slightly darker shade of cream. 9 im not sure i lke this color and its a little big bigger than i wanted , but its ok and it still fits - colors not too bad
8 weeks later IKEA rock up and make the table to the size of a dining table -- WTF is going on here i wanted a lamp table
4 weeks after that IKEA rock up again and paint it green --WTF
4 weeks after that the legs all fall off ( PES 21)

a bit dramatic but im sure at some point in this process our consumer rights have been affected and in principal its the same especially with sports games

How is that okay?
Regarding the legal part. I am pretty sure it will be written somewhere, in the License Agreement, that we press "ACCEPT" during installation or purchase or whenever it comes.

You know that wall of text, the we all skip without reading, cause :

1) In companie's defense : we spam buttoms in order to start playing our games..

but

2) In customer's defense: you can't access in-game and check anything, basically you cannot bypass that point, if you don't agree. So it basically "forced you to one option"

But after that shady and sneaky point, i am pretty sure somewhere in the Agreement will state that, "game content, code included is subject to changes and future developments via updates and adds/removals without previous notification "

I assume so , cause i am one of those I described above, that spam ACCEPT, without giving much attention :)

License Agreement/ Terms of Use*

Last edited:
In theory what could/should work is:

1. Acquire the clean files of v1 somewhere.
2. Install Origin, buy/activate/download Fifa 22.
3. Set Origin to offline.
4. Copy clean files over your Fifa 22 install folder.

Not working for myself since FIFA18. It must be something in the regedit that prevents launching the game with a non updated version.
The only alternative I have found, CRrrrr.

Last edited:
Made 6 games since the update. No problem for me.
More beautiful goals for me, but defenders are still there!

Rashford !!!
Not trying to scrutinize the videos, very nice goals there, but both Villareal goals have some dire defending. The first one has a defender moving away from Greenwood when he could easily close him down, and they are very relaxed in the second video as well, or rather it's like they are not allowed to move within 2 meters of the opponent.

I'm on default sliders , proffesional and fuma ..they have finally sorted that silly danglely leg AI tackle where you can just waltz passed and they kick thin air. Not seen it in 3 games and there's lots of fouls on this level only reason I played WC was because of this reason

Not trying to scrutinize the videos, very nice goals there, but both Villareal goals have some dire defending. The first one has a defender moving away from Greenwood when he could easily close him down, and they are very relaxed in the second video as well, or rather it's like they are not allowed to move within 2 meters of the opponent.
No problem mate, everything can be discuss. I know this game has a lot of defending issues. On this match, Villareal plays like shit, i don't know why but it's a fact. I didn't expect Greenwood should run like that without having a strong tackle in his leg. But I only want to share the goal. On the other match against Villareal, Fernandes have many time to adjust his long shot, but it's happen sometimes, I can't do anything, it's on the code.

I will try to adjust this in my futurs sliders, I promess :-)

My jury is no longer out.

Quite relieved in a way. Decision made.

I fired this game up but on PC today. This goal happened to me several times.

I don't care. Need to get the roommate rivalry going!

They deliberately have made this game so over the top complicated offline with adjustments and difficulty variables and more slider options. Its all done to distract you from how pathetic and lifeless the core gameplay is. The basic CPU flaw when the wide player wants to cross but you jockey him so he just reads you controller input either dribbles in the same space for ages and ages or sometimes out wide he just runs off the pitch. The CPU Legendary and Ultimate AI does this because its just looking for the perfect golden zone to score, its doesn't care how totally weird and alien the whole thing is to experience, totally breaking all the immersion. You turn your gamer hat on and you want to win for wins sake, football knowledge wont get you anywhere for winning this game, its that 'classic FIFAball Rules!' There's a 'way' you have to play to defend in FIFA ball and with how mechanical player runs are you have to pass and shoot in certain ways and you WILL score! that's how you win at FIFA.

That one flaw for me sums up this game and where EA is at with this game at a technical level. I know I'm just disappointed since I played using semi everything and manual through balls on legendary. I think unless you use sliders there isn't much enjoyment playing on these levels with anything other than assisted, what disappointment me the most is how mechanical all the runs are so semi/manual gives you a huge base disadvantage vs the AI. I was naive, I though, life's going good, been a good week, have a bit of time for once, I'm going to force myself into a manager mode! I did played 6 games, every single match felt like just a continuation of the last game with new skins. You can see also tactics having a big effect on teams but the gameplay flaws are so gigantic they are just straight up ignored for the majority of the game by the CPU. I saw the truth, I can have fun with this if I find a good slider set, although I will lose all sense of competitive immersion and its just relax for a hour and that's it. Most important even with a good slider set for semi or even manual controls, the AI and CPU are trash! This is simply not good enough from EA and there is no excuse for this!

This engine is dead. This is going to end very badly unless EA start from a fresh engine. They have no choice. This Frostbite, Hypermotion blah, blah has no future. They cant move forward with this gameplay in any way, we may see some graphical hype for FIFA 23 or EA Sports FC whatever but they need a new engine!

If they are going free to play the next FIFA should be the last on this engine until the rebuild this thing.

Goal keepers are letting simple shots fly past them again since the latest update. Had it happen to me twice in one game,

why is this a thing again?

This game is pathetic. Uninstalled and not going near it again - and I’ve learned the hard way that buying FIFA and forcing myself to find enjoyment with it is a futile exercise.

Goal keepers are letting simple shots fly past them again since the latest update. Had it happen to me twice in one game,

why is this a thing again?

This game is pathetic. Uninstalled and not going near it again - and I’ve learned the hard way that buying FIFA and forcing myself to find enjoyment with it is a futile exercise.

It was very much there prior to as well as since the latest update. It's why I stopped playing until these updates, in the vain hope it'd been rectified.

Likewise I'm not touching the game again unless it explicitly states in patch notes that they've made changes to goalkeepers.

It was very much there prior to as well as since the latest update. It's why I stopped playing until these updates, in the vain hope it'd been rectified.

Likewise I'm not touching the game again unless it explicitly states in patch notes that they've made changes to goalkeepers.
Yesterday I have made 7 matchs and it was the opposite than the day befor.
The defense were strong and very physical in these matchs

Versus City, i played 11 vs 9 because of 2 red cards for the Citizen. 1-1 at the end

A closed match on Champion League versus Napoli, Lost 1-0. Hard to shoot!

Versus Burnley, 1st on PL, 0-0 with 11 stops from Pope in god mode.

Versus Brentford, win 2-0 with two goals from Rashford. Two sprints.

Versus CSKA Moscow, 1-1, no many space and no imagination to break more the defense.

Versus Everton, a Victory 2-1 with CR7 on a strong header at 93'!

I destroyed Bournemouth 0-6 with a hat trick from CR7.

I love all these match.
So i don't understand this patch. It the first Time i didn't score in 4 matchs in a row!

GK arent my problem, I love them less super-human (i just increse shot error and play manual).

My problems are broken animations, and how ball sometimes goes through players and just end up in their feet --- it is like hypermotion does not know what to do --- and just cancel enitre animation in one moment.
I hope they fix it in FIFA 23 + better graphic + slower gameplay + more individuality for players ... a cant expect more from game made for online FUT (insert insult here)

Back
Top Bottom