FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

FIFA 17 was an amazing football game. My favorit I think. The colours are better than FIFA 22, less cartoon. But what I love in FIFA 14 and 17 is inertia. The game is responsive but realistic, not arcadish. You have to think before doing something. A bad move and the stricker will kick you, GK were very strong too. A lot of battle in midfield. Zero sliders and highter level on FUMA.

City was playing very well, very natural. Long shoot was there, the speed a bit high but i have touches nothing. Damned i love FIFA 14 and FIFA 17. FIFA 16 too.
In FIFA 17, the pace is very fast but kinda liked the way the gameplay feels. In that regards, it was realistic. The ball size was small. Speaking of FIFA 14, it was one of my favorite FIFA game.

In FIFA 17, the pace is very fast but kinda liked the way the gameplay feels. In that regards, it was realistic. The ball size was small. Speaking of FIFA 14, it was one of my favorite FIFA game.
Exactly. The YouTube compression accelerates the game but it's a bit fast by defaut. With sliders i was really really good.
It's sad but I prefer playing FIFA 14 or 17 without sliders than my FIFA 22 nextgen with my sliders😅

Before, the gameplay was very well balanced. Defending and attacking need some skills. A good player will always beat a bad player. It's not the case in FIFA 22, because there are more random events or scrypt in the game.

I went back to fifa 22 after years of not playing it (only been playing PES). It didn't change much :) but I honestly think it's better than i expected!! It does a lot of things better than PES and there's much more content. I actually find it slow pace and you really have to build up play ( Important to note: I play only offline and full manual). In fact, I feel that there is a big leaning curve in passing and shooting in FIFA (margin of error is way higher than PES) and ball seems to have more freedom compared to PES. I was reading the reviews here, and it was all positive the first two months of release then now I find a lot of less positive reviews :). I wonder if this is just a cycle where after playing a game for a long time you get board and start looking back at the past or what exactly went wrong. I do think this years Fifa is not bad at all. And yes, gameplay needs a lot of tweaks but you can improve with sliders.

I went back to fifa 22 after years of not playing it (only been playing PES). It didn't change much :) but I honestly think it's better than i expected!! It does a lot of things better than PES and there's much more content. I actually find it slow pace and you really have to build up play ( Important to note: I play only offline and full manual). In fact, I feel that there is a big leaning curve in passing and shooting in FIFA (margin of error is way higher than PES) and ball seems to have more freedom compared to PES. I was reading the reviews here, and it was all positive the first two months of release then now I find a lot of less positive reviews :). I wonder if this is just a cycle where after playing a game for a long time you get board and start looking back at the past or what exactly went wrong. I do think this years Fifa is not bad at all. And yes, gameplay needs a lot of tweaks but you can improve with sliders.
I wasn't bored at all pre the last tuning update

Exactly. The YouTube compression accelerates the game but it's a bit fast by defaut. With sliders i was really really good.
It's sad but I prefer playing FIFA 14 or 17 without sliders than my FIFA 22 nextgen with my sliders😅

Before, the gameplay was very well balanced. Defending and attacking need some skills. A good player will always beat a bad player. It's not the case in FIFA 22, because there are more random events or scrypt in the game.
I agree.

I wasn't bored at all pre the last tuning update
Me too. I could see the regression in terms of what needed to be done with sliders to make it enjoyable, but I was still really liking the game until this last tuning update. I knew I should have just kept it offline from that point on😩

Me too. I could see the regression in terms of what needed to be done with sliders to make it enjoyable, but I was still really liking the game until this last tuning update. I knew I should have just kept it offline from that point on😩
It's very strange this as since the new patch and tuning update I've only played exhibition games and not really got on with it , 1st time today I've had time to play my career save and it still feels great ..very close low scoring games 1-1 2-1 and a 3-1 (against a lower division club) enjoyed every game to be honest

It's very strange this as since the new patch and tuning update I've only played exhibition games and not really got on with it , 1st time today I've had time to play my career save and it still feels great ..very close low scoring games 1-1 2-1 and a 3-1 (against a lower division club) enjoyed every game to be honest
I’m really trying to find some kind of balance with sliders to improve the interactions between User and CPU. I have improved things somewhat and the issues aren’t there all the time, but it’s a real challenge and I’m not there yet. For me it’s not so much an issue with stats or score-lines at the moment, those are staying fairly solid, instead it’s the passages of play are often just feeling off and the way the CPU is opening itself up to be burst past (as well as their overall passiveness to engage). Hoping to get it to a decent place but it’s very frustrating right now.

I don't know what happen but I have a lot of freek kick. Already scored 3 with CR7.
Versus Leeds, the GK goes outside his box and the referee says FK! It's the first time I saw that in a FIFA!
Used to happen often enough in Fifa 98 :D, with the keeper going down to block the ball and ending out of the box for the ref to whistle it. I think It's the first time I saw a similar thing since then. Would be curious to know if it was silently present in the previous ones as well and it's just super duper rare to see or if they somehow introcued it here afain.

Used to happen often enough in Fifa 98 :D, with the keeper going down to block the ball and ending out of the box for the ref to whistle it. I think It's the first time I saw a similar thing since then. Would be curious to know if it was silently present in the previous ones as well and it's just super duper rare to see or if they somehow introcued it here afain.
Haha I remember it happening on FIFA 98 too. I’ve had it happen on 22 NG probably 4-5 times.

After a million patches and live tunings, this is where I’m at currently. Pass speed, pass error and marking seem to have the biggest impact on the AI’s stats to increase/decrease difficulty and World Class definitely is where it’s at (at least for me) to see the difference between average and good players/teams. Even with GKs at 100, 70 for AI shooting seems about realistic on World Class. For passing speed, I realize there’s a big difference between player and AI but the AI has instant strength as opposed to delayed human joypad input until the strength is reached. That fraction of a second input lag leaves you at a disadvantage compared to the AI.

FIFA 22 SLIDERS
————————

GAME SETTINGS

Platform: Xbox Series X

Half Length: 10 Minutes

Difficulty: World Class

Competitor Mode: Off

Player Based Difficulty: Off

Attributes: Classic

Game Speed: Slow (I did use ‘Normal’ until Mar 29 patch.)

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Competitive Master Switch: Off

Contextual Agile Dribbling: On

Auto Clearances: Off

Auto Flair Pass: Off

Auto Shots: Off

Assisted Headers: Off

Jockey: Assisted

Defending: Tactical Defending

Through Pass Assistance: Manual

FIFA Trainer: Hide

Timed Finishing: Off

Next Player Switch Indicator: Off

Pass Block Assistance: On

Auto Switching: Automatic

Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low

Clearance Assistance: Directional

Player Lock: Off

Icon Switching: Off

Right Stick Switching: Player Relative

Ground Pass Assistance: Semi

Shot Assistance: Manual

Cross Assistant: Semi

Lob Pass Assistance: Manual

Save Assistance: Assisted

Analog Sprint: On

Pass Receiver Lock: Late

GAMEPLAY CUSTOMIZATION

Sprint Speed 52/52

Acceleration 47/47

Shot Error 0/70

Pass Error 50/70

Shot Speed 55/50

Pass Speed 58/47

Injury Frequency 50/50

Injury Severity 50/50

Goalkeeper Ability 100/100

Marking: 100/

Run Frequency 50/50

Line Height 50/50

Line Length 50/50

Line Width 50/50

Fullback Positioning 50/50

Power Bar 65/-

First Touch Control Error 70/70

Edit: reduced CPU marking from 50 to 40 as the difficulty appeared to increase a noticeable degree after the last patch released.

Last edited:
^^ do you passes not fly off with pass speed so high and power bar so high .I have 40 and 55 and feels just about right and lower and passes are intercepted too often and any higher it speeds the whole game up

^^ do you passes not fly off with pass speed so high and power bar so high .I have 40 and 55 and feels just about right and lower and passes are intercepted too often and any higher it speeds the whole game up
To be honest mate, I haven’t found that if your passing is set at semi-assisted. Manual, you need to drop it though especially if the power bar is set quite high to compensate for delay input/AI’s advantage to auto pass hard. With passing set to assisted or semi, your passes are automatically adjusted to a degree for strength anyway so unless you really hold down the pass button I haven’t found it to be unrealistic. I mainly adjusted the pass speed to allow me to play quick through balls as I play with manual through balls and at 50, you lose the advantage of quick gaps opening because the ball is too slow to split the defenders.

ass error and marking se
To be honest mate, I haven’t found that if your passing is set at semi-assisted. Manual, you need to drop it though especially if the power bar is set quite high to compensate for delay input/AI’s advantage to auto pass hard. With passing set to assisted or semi, your passes are automatically adjusted to a degree for strength anyway so unless you really hold down the pass button I haven’t found it to be unrealistic. I mainly adjusted the pass speed to allow me to play quick through balls as I play with manual through balls and at 50, you lose the advantage of quick gaps opening because the ball is too slow to split the defenders.
Thanks ill give them a go for a test, i do agree with the world class comment about different in teams. In my second season as Bolton now in the championship. Ive lost 3 in a row against the teams who have been relegated from premiership. Really difficult to play against. In the 1st round of the cup i then got a lower division club and destroyed them 3-0 so it works in my opinion really well.. Spurns next so looks like an early cup exit :)

Thanks ill give them a go for a test, i do agree with the world class comment about different in teams. In my second season as Bolton now in the championship. Ive lost 3 in a row against the teams who have been relegated from premiership. Really difficult to play against. In the 1st round of the cup i then got a lower division club and destroyed them 3-0 so it works in my opinion really well.. Spurns next so looks like an early cup exit :)
It’s still very much a work in progress with me for the sliders as from 2017-2021 I was still playing PES so this is the first FIFA I’ve used the sliders on. With each patch/live tuning, I’ve made adjustments but I realize those of you who have more history with the sliders know much better than me mate. The game feels ‘good’ with these sliders but I know with you and a few of the other guys with experience, you can turn that ‘good’ to ‘great.’

After the Mar 29/30 patch (depending on your world time zone), I reduced CPU marking to 40 and the game speed to slow in conjunction with my other slider settings to allow for the slight uptick in difficulty level and speed the patch made.

Yeah, played last night - The update has definitely done something that feels positive.

Feels like it’s been tightened up somewhat - Doesn’t feel like I’m controlling a bunch of hyperactive string puppets anymore

Last edited:
Yeah, played last night - The update has definitely done something that feels positive.

Feels like it’s been tightened up somewhat - Doesn’t feel like I’m controlling a bunch of string puppets anymore
My thoughts, it feels like they havent got totally to grips with hypermotion. Certainly feels more solid now. Enjoying default gameplay which is first time since release

Agree with you fellas, this game definitely feels better after patch.

I have been getting well beat on Ultimate, need to slide it down to Legendary again. Game feels harder to me.

🤪 Those patches and live updates make me feel like… 🤯
View attachment 153159
:LOL:

The thing is though mate, I’m fed up with adjusting sliders every few weeks now. Game feels slower after update (which is great) but with my slider set the game crawls along, so I’ve had to edit them for the 172nd time since FIFA 22 launched.

EA - LEAVE THE GAME ALONE ALREADY.

:LOL:

The thing is though mate, I’m fed up with adjusting sliders every few weeks now. Game feels slower after update (which is great) but with my slider set the game crawls along, so I’ve had to edit them for the 172nd time since FIFA 22 launched.

EA - LEAVE THE GAME ALONE ALREADY.
I just updated the game (last weeks) and kept my (little bit edited) Anth James set.
no time for huge slider set testings these days. I’m well hooked to sim racing.

Last edited:
My fear is a FIFA 23 great at launch and horrible post update 😕
Rumors are that FIFA 23 will be ‘free’ like e$hitball from Konami last year. We know what that did to the franchise. When the game goes ‘free’, you know it won’t be aimed at anybody but the FUT crowd.

Cherish FIFA 22. It might be the last complete and good footy game.

Back
Top Bottom