FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Rumors are that FIFA 23 will be ‘free’ like e$hitball from Konami last year. We know what that did to the franchise. When the game goes ‘free’, you know it won’t be aimed at anybody but the FUT crowd.
That's unlikely to happen this year. It would only make sense to do that after dropping the FIFA license and renaming the game. FIFA 23 will still be called like that, though.

Quick question, what is the use of Match time of the day if it's locked in FIFA? I only can choose the time of the day to play a match in Exhibition mode but it's locked when I play tournaments for example. Is there a way to unlock this?
You can't unlock this, but the tournaments come with their real kick off times in career mode, so it's not really needed to change anything in terms of realism.

A couple of examples of the defensive issues that are still really annoying me post Live Tuning update.

The physicality is diminished, you can see the way Modric just slides off Thiago, not providing any kind of resistance. The CPU is also very passive in the 1v1, being so easily beaten and offering zero thrust to knock off the ball carrier or position correctly. It's like they just move out of the way now. They over commit to their position, yet don't offer anything when they get there. Argh.

Edit: Since posting, I've made one change to my slider settings which seems to be helping somewhat. I need to keep testing and it's obviously still an annoying issue, but on top of Speed at 60/75 and Acc at 48/53 to help counter it, I'm now dropping First Touch Error to 20/20. The thinking behind this change is to create more confidence in the CPU's ability to determine their distances from the ball/encourage them to make a tackle more often. I feel the change is a positive one and will keep testing. Definitely noticing more fouls, better challenges and a higher possession stat from the CPU since...
Like a Flamengo 😅 (real football)

This old thing came back up after a while, a player red carded and I had to replace him in the next match. Of course, instead of just not having him in the squad, this bizarre system is used in stead. Why is this still a thing? I call it a bug in the title but surely they could have fixed this by now?

This old thing came back up after a while, a player red carded and I had to replace him in the next match. Of course, instead of just not having him in the squad, this bizarre system is used in stead. Why is this still a thing? I call it a bug in the title but surely they could have fixed this by now?

Seems to Me that it needs changing in the teamsheets before You load and proceed to match selection screen, really don't know why.

You should report that. To EA devs, no bug reports = no problem. They can't even fix things that are reported, or don't want to as long as it doesn't affect fut.

That reminds me, a few months ago, cpu controlled Robertson from Liverpool got red carded, and Fifa put Salah as a left back. I thought it was temporarily but it lasted the whole match (and probably the next 2 matches). Ridiculous.

Yep really annoying that, wasn't like that at launch they changed it in an update, I mentioned it months ago in here and it's still not fixed!

Seems to Me that it needs changing in the teamsheets before You load and proceed to match selection screen, really don't know why.
It is enough to change it there but that's the foundation for your every game while the change you are making is in this case just for one match. It's hardly the biggest problem but it's just a weird issue which seems to be there for no reason. Every Pes from the dawn of time has just made the player unavailable for selection.

I know this was probably in a patch a while ago to possibly give more fouls.
But started playing a career mode again in the last week, and the CPU now does stupid sliding tackles from behind in the middle of pitch.

I know fouls are needed in the game, but the CPU has now had 4 players sent off in my last 6 games.
It is something that is completely ruining the experience and just a completely messed up way to add fouls in to the game.

It really feels like they flick animation importance (over crazy responsiveness) on and off with every patch. It's supposedly better now - but for how long? There's a new patch out imminently.

I don't want to play it again, like it (despite the break-leg AI that's utterly insane), then hate it again next patch. I'd rather just avoid it.

How can I save player edits in fifa 22 so it's doesn't get overwritten with every squad update? I edit boots, player kit fit for example then once there is a squad update everything is reset again. I am new to fifa so my questions are a bit basic at this point :). Appreciate any tips!

@wk70 you can't... If it's like every previous FIFA.
It's not like live update, more like a total replacement of the database at every "download new squads"... But i ain't sure on FIFA 22, neither the 21 and 20 : i didn't tried to change anything.

Try to make a change on another account (just one pair of boots on a player for example) and download the new squad update to check ;)

After a bit of time with the new patch and small tuning update, this is where I’m at in trying to create ‘balance’ in the playing experience.

FIFA 22 SLIDERS/SETTINGS
(Updated: April 13, 2022)

SLIDERS
————
(Default 50/50 if not listed.)
Acceleration 47/47
Shot Error 25/65
Pass Error 50/60
Shot Speed 53/50
Pass Speed 53/40
Goalkeeper Ability 100/100
Marking 75/45
Power Bar 65/-
First Touch Control Error 65/65

GAME SETTINGS
————————
Platform: Xbox Series X
Half Length: 10 Minutes
Difficulty: World Class
Competitor Mode: Off
Player Based Difficulty: Off
Attributes: Classic
Game Speed: Slow

CONTROLLER SETTINGS
————————————
Competitive Master Switch: Off
Contextual Agile Dribbling: On
Auto Clearances: Off
Auto Flair Pass: Off
Auto Shots: Off
Assisted Headers: Off
Jockey: Assisted
Defending: Tactical Defending
Through Pass Assistance: Manual
FIFA Trainer: Hide
Timed Finishing: Off
Next Player Switch Indicator: Off
Pass Block Assistance: On
Auto Switching: Automatic
Auto Switching Move Assistance: Low
Clearance Assistance: Directional
Player Lock: Off
Icon Switching: Off
Right Stick Switching: Ball Relative
Ground Pass Assistance: Semi
Shot Assistance: Manual
Cross Assistant: Semi
Lob Pass Assistance: Manual
Save Assistance: Assisted
Analog Sprint: On
Pass Receiver Lock: Late

Last edited:
With sliders, we can have 80% of really good games and became the best FIFA to date with FIFA 17. But when the game became faster, it was the worst FIFA to date.

I have made more than 500 matchs since the launch. So now i can judged the game.
Feeling on FUMA is incredible, really. I scores goals than i haven't donne before. AI is great.

But the biggest problem is when the game accelerates in the evening, even if you're offline.
Inertia is no more there, AI played like Barcelona with a more direct play, with few construction, no foul, and gamespeed is crazy

This game is Dr Jekyll and Mister Hide.
We have in the same game the best and the worst FIFA so far.

After more 500, i love this in 80% of my game. But when the gameplay is faster, it's a real nightmare to play.

You can score great goals too :

What's your opinion about this game After 6 months mates?

Hi mate's, what are your favorite (or if some excist), the best camera settings for next gen? I play on XSX.

Back
Top Bottom