FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

What do you expect from FIFA 23? We should have a FIFA 23 Playtest in the Canadian studio, probably next month it will be in Guildford (UK).

What do you expect from FIFA 23? We should have a FIFA 23 Playtest in the Canadian studio, probably next month it will be in Guildford (UK).
They will improve hypermotion --- will it be real improvement or just on paper is about to be seen.

If they just focus on gameplay and visual improvements, I would be happy --- visuals needs to be better at this generation.

If I start seeing new mods, control changes, monetization etc-etc ... that means end of football games for me

So much things!!

-a regular realistic speed (night and day)
- more inertia
- less frantic mouvs
- two différents games : FUT/Volta and Offline with career mode
- nextgen graphics without Blur and slowdown
- a deeper career mode with more create options for stadium, uniforms, deeper management options for the staff, etc...

I don’t expect any of it, but I’d like to see:

- Better scaling of players size to pitch. Players are too small on FIFA.
- A focus on fixing up the animations, foot planting and overall movement.
- More consistent ball physics across the various passing and shooting range. The ball needs to be more alive, deflections are very dull on NG.
- A proper focus on different teams playing styles, including how teams manage a game based on the context of that match.
- I want stats to matter more. Much more.

Expect, for the game to be even more detached from the sport. Hope, FUT and career/offline having different gameplays. But, yeah, not holding my breath at all.

In what way is fifa 22 detached from the sport . This is probably the first football game I'm playing daily for years
You also said the same about PES 2021 every day. You love FIFA 22, we all get it and that’s fine - but it doesn’t excuse that it’s still not an enjoyable game for many other players. It’s not a bad game, sure. But it’s still a million miles away from being the experience many of us want and need. I could list a load of reasons how FIFA 22 could be improved.

I only play it because there’s nothing better to play right now. eFootball is LOL and old PES games are loads of fun but only in short bursts.

FUT is to blame, as are the millions of gamers who exclusively play this mode and spend loads of cash on it every year. EA only have to keep those players happy, they don’t care about the Career Mode players like us.

Last edited:
but it doesn’t excuse that it’s still not an enjoyable game for many other players. It’s not a bad game, sure. But it’s still a million miles away from being the experience many of us want and need. I could list a load of reasons how FIFA 22 could be improved.
This applies to all games, though. And that won't change with future PES or FIFA (and its been that way with old PES and FIFA games). Any game that comes out would not be an enjoyable game for many others; and it would be a million miles away from being the experience many want or need.

You wont find a game that is perfect and for all of them you could find a lists of things to be improved (except maybe E.T. on the Atari 2600 which was perfection on a godly level)

I expect FIFA23 to be somewhat similar to FIFA22 ( an enjoyable experience for me) with the same legacy jerky movements/graphics/physics and similar gameplay from the 5-year old frostbite engine. I do wish defense and midfield would be improved upon. Oh and maybe more realistic goalkeepers, something between 3 blind mice and spiderman

Agreed mate. I play 1-3 games every day and really look forward to it.
I think it get judged harshly because of FUT. I'm sure online it's a cluster fuck but offline with sliders (that they didnt have to implement ) there's a solid game of football. And when pes 20 and 21 came out I did rare that on here but after patches it was messed up where as FIFA has corrected wrongs ongoing. And I know hyper motion gets some grief but it's added a lot of variance to games.

The camera settings are pretty borked on FIFA, sometimes the sliders do nothing at all. Having one for angle would help as well (they have it for Pro Clubs weirdly enough, just not in other modes). They also need to make the players bigger in future titles (as Anth mentioned).

I think it get judged harshly because of FUT

Uhm what? I've never played a FUT game in my whole life if I recall correctly (not against another human being, anyway). Don't know if it was referred to my post but my judgement has nothing to do with FUT and sorry but it's a bit fun to imply that my, or most of the other posts here are taking it in any consideration when we criticize the game :LOL: .

Back to the main question, never said Fifa 22 can't be fun for you, I'll just say if it is your idea of a game faithful to the sport I guess we have two very different standards on what that means and leave it at that. Not interested in discussing it any further even and mainly cause I don't want to break the mood of who's enjoying it, I just answered to Mathgamer's question with my idea of what I'd like to see next year and nothing more. I could go on and repeat points already beaten to death here almost daily and I'll do, if I really have to, but I'd rather not honestly.

Uhm what? I've never played a FUT game in my whole life if I recall correctly (not against another human being, anyway). Don't know if it was referred to my post but my judgement has nothing to do with FUT and sorry but it's a bit fun to imply that my, or most of the other posts here are taking it in any consideration when we criticize the game :LOL: .

Back to the main question, never said Fifa 22 can't be fun for you, I'll just say if it is your idea of a game faithful to the sport I guess we have two very different standards on what that means and leave it at that. Not interested in discussing it any further even and mainly cause I don't want to break the mood of who's enjoying it, I just answered to Mathgamer's question with my idea of what I'd like to see next year and nothing more. I could go on and repeat points already beaten to death here almost daily and I'll do, if I really have to, but I'd rather not honestly.
I didn't actually mention you , generally speaking games get criticized for monetization. FIFA is one of them. I also disagree with the mode. My point being is that at least fifa provides an half decent game of football.

I finished my Career season with Leyton Orient after the latest patch and I quite enjoyed it. Went to the wire in playoffs and everything. Back to Professional +Fuma. I have some sliders on since forever ago and they seem to be alright but I still might eff around with them because what is Fifa if not effing around with sliders all the time? Do some of y'all still think no sliders is good on this patch?

I rebuild the game (5 euros from the friend i sold it) and tried the last patch too, and kinda like it, the movement and inertia on "Slow" seems okay.

If there wasn't the WTF defense/system, i think i would enjoy the game much more. And i remove sliders, just keep semi-assistance.

It's not only because it's open bar in the midfield and Indoor Football defending. Just the control and the system i hate, too much listening to E-sports players like if they're god of FIFA. Sad, because under David Rutter from 08-14 it wouldn't be like that.

That guy got the guts to impose his stuffs and point of view while in the same time as he listen to the community and retouched things... But his POV was a bit over what the community (fucking FUT kids) asking. He was just doing some balancing.

What i don't understand is that FIFA, whatever they change, will still be brought by everyone who likes football.
Fifa 08 was perhaps super defensive and you couldn't pass anyone whatever even with 99 in speed, but that was the change needed, and it's kinda hard to bring back stats with a new engine.
So it needed a bit more influence regarding stats (they did it on FIFA 09 : but the biggest issue/bug was players with the ball > running as fast as without the ball), Now on FIFA 22 even more than all previous (who where already super crappy in defense in my opinion while you compare it to FIFA 14) it's a step back defensively from PS2 Fifa.

They're future changes will be very focused on Hypermotion on the pitch, the rest... No idea, but it's the same since 5 years and it doesn't seems they want to change it : for us it's okay, probably as E-sports players said it.

Edit : I didn't read anywhere than Hypermotion was related to team or players individulities, it's an "autonomic" animation system. Or you said it separately talking about new features i suppose.

But knowing EA, they will add a lot of change, or reworked mode, or some tactical new stuffs i don't know. Important or not, marketing is their strong point.

One of my requests was to have more combat in the midfield, it seems that eFootball is making some improvements in that regard.

Hypermotion ( more Player ID and Team ID)

Official information only in July, but I imagine that the changes will be aimed at Hypermotion.
Agree. One way they can do this is to stop defenders tracking those runs deep. So much space opens up when the attacking runs are dictating the defensive line.

The other way to improve the midfield game is to have the CPU providing more resistance and pressure on the ball. Hypermotion has been good with the team movement to help combat the 1v1 issue, but on NG now teams generally sit off into their shape too much and don’t really provide much resistance in your own half.

Any FUMA players? next gen..

It seems like on Title Update 8, they fixed the manual thru pass, and now it works as intended like back in the day. Before the patch if you set it to manual, there was an overriding of your input and it became semi manual regardless. Is that changed at all?

Any FUMA players? next gen..

It seems like on Title Update 8, they fixed the manual thru pass, and now it works as intended like back in the day. Before the patch if you set it to manual, there was an overriding of your input and it became semi manual regardless. Is that changed at all?
It was only for online players. No problem for me on career mode

I expect more of the same for 23: some good and some bad, varying patch by patch, of a balance that doesn't make it worth playing.

I want functioning goalkeepers. I'd still be playing it on and off if that was the case now.

I'd also like them to drop this HyperMotion gimmick.

I expect more of the same for 23: some good and some bad, varying patch by patch, of a balance that doesn't make it worth playing.

I want functioning goalkeepers. I'd still be playing it on and off if that was the case now.

I'd also like them to drop this HyperMotion gimmick.
Hypermotion until FIFA 32

Back
Top Bottom