FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

So i decided to accept fifa for what it is. An arcade futgame. So the only slider settings i’m doing is reducing passspeed to 40/32. Now i’m enjoying a fastgame off ‘football’. Trying to make this game realistic doens’t work for me. The fun thong is, now i can enjoy it for what it is :)

So i decided to accept fifa for what it is. An arcade futgame. So the only slider settings i’m doing is reducing passspeed to 40/32. Now i’m enjoying a fastgame off ‘football’. Trying to make this game realistic doens’t work for me. The fun thong is, now i can enjoy it for what it is :)
No football game is realistic , even one of my favorite ever football games Winning eleven 9 would have been slated had Twitter and the likes been around then. Best thing to do is find your own settings (yours sound similar to mine ) and just enjoy it and ignore people who constantly moan regardless of if it's fifa or pes. I think this game cost me 40 quid and I've had hundreds of games on it so more than my money's worth. I also think people need to be careful reading constant negative comments as that could also hamper your enjoyment ..peace out

Just had a weird moment where I realised I'm fucking furious that I bought this game at full price.

That's the great thing about getting it via EA Play! I also got to discover that Grid Legends is a really awesome racing game and it's included in the annual fee (as are dozens of other games!)*

*I sound like a commercial, I'm really not I swear! ;)

lmao for years now i wait until its on sale and buy it for less than 30$ and am still mad af
last good fifa was 12 and its so fucking sad ffs

I would've gotten my money's worth out of the game had in stayed in its original guise, no doubt. Even then it's probably borderline in terms of value as I have a bad habit of comparing gaming to boozing, on which I'd easily spend £60 in a single night only to remember half of it and hate myself for five days after.

I loved FIFA 12 - arguably my favourite and probably my most-played FIFA - but I think EA was churning out great football games until 18. Even 18 I played for a good four or five months.

I've done that before, settled on football games. I had to do it for the recent PES games, giving myself a pep talk prior to each game to remind myself to let go of its flaws. I even managed it for a while with FIFA 22, overlooking to dramatic increase in speed, the Torvill and Deaning, even the odd ball passing through the odd limb in the name of ultra responsiveness. But now the frustrations, those I dare not repeat, are too big to let slide.

No football game is realistic , even one of my favorite ever football games Winning eleven 9 would have been slated had Twitter and the likes been around then. Best thing to do is find your own settings (yours sound similar to mine ) and just enjoy it and ignore people who constantly moan regardless of if it's fifa or pes. I think this game cost me 40 quid and I've had hundreds of games on it so more than my money's worth. I also think people need to be careful reading constant negative comments as that could also hamper your enjoyment ..peace out

I agree that realism in football games, as well as the sim and arcade tags, are totally overused in football gaming quarters. But with this particular title I barely doubt the degree to which it recreates the sport; it's its disregard for science and sense - aspects in which it falls short of basic standards - that makes it a dud for me.

You can cut it another way: be careful of reading the constant defence of the game, as that could have you buy the game in false hope.

I would've gotten my money's worth out of the game had in stayed in its original guise, no doubt. Even then it's probably borderline in terms of value as I have a bad habit of comparing gaming to boozing, on which I'd easily spend £60 in a single night only to remember half of it and hate myself for five days after.

I loved FIFA 12 - arguably my favourite and probably my most-played FIFA - but I think EA was churning out great football games until 18. Even 18 I played for a good four or five months.

I've done that before, settled on football games. I had to do it for the recent PES games, giving myself a pep talk prior to each game to remind myself to let go of its flaws. I even managed it for a while with FIFA 22, overlooking to dramatic increase in speed, the Torvill and Deaning, even the odd ball passing through the odd limb in the name of ultra responsiveness. But now the frustrations, those I dare not repeat, are too big to let slide.

I agree that realism in football games, as well as the sim and arcade tags, are totally overused in football gaming quarters. But with this particular title I barely doubt the degree to which it recreates the sport; it's its disregard for science and sense - aspects in which it falls short of basic standards - that makes it a dud for me.

You can cut it another way: be careful of reading the constant defence of the game, as that could have you buy the game in false hope.
I think it's easier to influence people to dislike the game even though they may enjoy it , especially when people put on short 5 second clips of negative things over and over again , than it is to influence some who dislikes it to like it . After all I don't see many short clips showing positives .

I think it's easier to influence people to dislike the game even though they may enjoy it , especially when people put on short 5 second clips of negative things over and over again , than it is to influence some who dislikes it to like it . After all I don't see many short clips showing positives .

True. People are more vocal in criticism than in praise and probably more easily influenced by criticism. But that's because people are right to judge a product or service by its weakest link. It's the nature of the beast that short clips are used to demonstrate the negative things about FIFA 22 because you only need short clips to demonstrate them.

Using myself as an example, it turns out I've posted seven positive clips on Twitter and nine negative. They're usually about the same duration but only because the negative ones are slowed down to highlight the problems. Could be classed as nitpicking but a flaw's a flaw, whether it can be showcased in a five-second or 55-second clip. And while these clips are usually extreme examples, they're indicative of issues that are weaved through every match.

For me it's more that the issues make FIFA 22 unfair, never mind unrealistic. The game is taken out of your hands (and I play on full manual) and I just can't endure that.

Remember a long time ago when we're discussed about the game overall speed. It was at the time of PES PS2, and we mostly agree about it.
We re-launched the debate back when Manual passing appeared. As we need time to check for passing, not only accurately but in the good area, to let us the time to think.

And that it's not something that makes a game bad.

We talked more about the game flow in fact. BUT on that Fifa, it's not a matter of flow only : everything is too fast and defies physics.
There's others way to makes a (already said) 90 minutes sports in 12-10 minutes than crushing completely the physicality. Turning like you want with absolutely no inertia, consequence of what you're doing, different speed regarding where you turn as it's harder.

I have absolutely no idea how they came to make the movement that fast, and piss all over weight physics, one update on 2 they seems to repair it a little bit (turning still makes no sense in terms of physical law, but it's slower)

FIFA 08 was inspired by PES for the basis. But then on the 10-11-12 the game got his own stuff, pretty different. The versions got every time a thing that always worked except that version. Well, stats and height was like absent, impossible to pass a defender with dribbling and acceleration etc., all players seemed the same... But a very "sim" feeling It was captivating. Yeah i remember that the game captivated me as the defence was pretty solid.

Just that a player stronger than another but you got no idea why from what i remember... I will retry it i on PS3 (got it on 360).

I don't know if David Rutter is still the main guy behind the stuff and agree with all that shit. He clearly mentionned that he didn't want a simulation, same as Seabass so it's okay. But not in the cost of credibility. Overall presentation is so credible, so "Televisual", then when a game is launched... Well.

What showed @Chris Davies : the sold of FUT to a company i don't even know where they came...
Do you think it's a good news? Separate stuff like a F2P game and FIFA another thing to replace? No idea.

BTW i still got hard to believe in them as to me, they were solid during PS360 era only, then some averagely good game but nothing to make me jump (not a 16 fan at all. 17 gaves me hope with Frostbite, 18 and 19 killed it)

That's the great thing about getting it via EA Play! I also got to discover that Grid Legends is a really awesome racing game and it's included in the annual fee (as are dozens of other games!)*

*I sound like a commercial, I'm really not I swear! ;)
They still only have the trial version included, right?

Call me crazy, but if your physics engine allows movement like that at any point, do you not think "yeah our engine is absolutely trash if you're going to make a comparison to real life".

Call me crazy, but if your physics engine allows movement like that at any point, do you not think "yeah our engine is absolutely trash if you're going to make a comparison to real life".

No, Chris, don't you see...

Xsens suits enable motion capture from 22 professional footballers playing at high-intensity for the first time. The resulting unprecedented volume of high-quality real-human movement data powers how both individuals and teams move across FIFA 22.

A cutting-edge proprietary machine learning algorithm learns from over 8.7 million frames of advanced match capture, then writes new animations in real time to create organic football realism across a variety of interactions on the pitch.

Powered by Advanced 11v11 Match Capture, new off-ball player animations and ambient behaviour help bring on-pitch characters to life. See opponents talk, point, and direct each other based on the action, while updated locomotion matches players’ urgency on the pitch to make FIFA more realistic and immersive than ever.

So there.

They still only have the trial version included, right?
No the EA Play Pro sub is the full versions of everything, in fact the full Ultimate/special/collector etc. version of all games. So it works out pretty good value for money. It's 90EUR or if you happen to for example be visiting eastern European friends at the time then it's about 70 EUR for a year.

1650718788120.png1650718810359.png

You can see that footbalgames today are made for youth. They like things like this. "a new celebration, yeepie" and they don't care about gameplay. The same issue i have with Efootball 2022. "realistic celebration" but the rest is shit. They do have the priority wrong. In the old days they wanted to make a good footballgame. PES 4/5 and 6 were the best games of football ever. I don't care about celebration i always click the screens away. The way you can make goals is important, but they seem to forget that.

No the EA Play Pro sub is the full versions of everything, in fact the full Ultimate/special/collector etc. version of all games. So it works out pretty good value for money. It's 90EUR or if you happen to for example be visiting eastern European friends at the time then it's about 70 EUR for a year.

View attachment 157511View attachment 157512
I don't think I have even seen that option in the PSN store.

Edit: A quick google later seems to show it isn't available there.

Recently I downloaded Fifa 22 Xbox one full 10hr trial version, when I realise I can do that with Gamepass Ultimate. I checked that they have the same update, and I learned that the Xbox one version, other than visual changes, has much slower speed. So at launch, the Xbox series S|X has slower gameplay, then 6 months later, it's much faster. How does such a big company working on such a high profile game f it up so much...

Recently I downloaded Fifa 22 Xbox one full 10hr trial version, when I realise I can do that with Gamepass Ultimate. I checked that they have the same update, and I learned that the Xbox one version, other than visual changes, has much slower speed. So at launch, the Xbox series S|X has slower gameplay, then 6 months later, it's much faster. How does such a big company working on such a high profile game f it up so much...
They listen to the wrong people, peoplel who want fast and arcady games online. Youth, children and e sports. Not to the people who used to play PES or want a slow speed, realistic gameplay.

Those people are the most communicative too. As Twitter etc and all is from their generation, like forums are +- from us when we discovered internet.
When i said young, it's just people who were even too young for giving at least a try on FIFA PS3 era, where the foundation of this game where established.

We are dinosaurs right now mates. Before the focus was on realism. Now it's only easy game for having fun.

When EA slowdown the game, a big shitstorm is always coming from FUT community. And they will always listen to them.

I try to do my best to reduced the gameplay speed but when the base was so arcadish gameplay, it's really hard to having a real simulation game.

FIFA 08 era is so far. FIFA 08 and PES 5 were masterpiece like Top Spin 4 for tennis and NBA 2K11 for basketball.

I don't think so see these kind of games anymore. Very sad

Last edited:
They listen to the wrong people, peoplel who want fast and arcady games online. Youth, children and e sports. Not to the people who used to play PES or want a slow speed, realistic gameplay.
I agree with you, but the main point is that the Xbox one version is much slower than the series X version.

Guys I don't know what is going on in career mode on pc while I am pressing the shoot button in the box infront of the goalkeeper , the command is not taken and the player not shooting. Apart from this situation it's shooting fine but only when in this situation arises the command is not accepted. Anybody experience this?🤔 By the way this year the game is really hard.⚽️⚽️

At 1m00 the ball pass trough the player foot. + others defensive situation i prefers not talk about, check and explain as it's not my thing.

Good goal compilations for what it may should look in terms of variety, and some realistic moves regarding physics..
But the name of the vids is nothing more than a goals compilations.

There's zero defensive situations, and it's one of the main concern regarding Fifa. I could've handle the defence before, i just can't any more, something changed from FIFA 13 to 17-18 (Sold the 19 as i wasn't playing it. Lost interest in the overall gameplay).

I don't talk about it because "it's hard", but the system, command, and more than everything impact of Tactical Defending... As became from "good idea, simple" to "awful to handle, not natural" as the button may seems unchanged, but players acts differently now.

But we can't fought against tons of E-sport and FUT who wants less and less Defensive assistance, and more goal to goal play (more fun... Probably. Not for me). Don't remember than much after FIFA 18 (that stopped to play after 1 month), but on FIFA 20 i found a big change in the "impact" in defense. But the game has a good feeling in terms of controls. Just too easy to score in every difficulty, i stopped after 10 games and was also pissed to paid the full price of it.

That's why i didn't brought Fifa 21, the first since 08. And 23 will probably be the second. I don't thrust any more the first impressions, but what i see on vids (which was awful to me "but controller in hand it's not like that, and youtube acceleration vid etc. lol it was even faster and ultra agile when i tried than on vids. Fastest sports game i never played)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom