FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

I know it's subjective, but for me the best and most tangible thing 'hypermotion' brought to the NG version is the 11v11 capture. It has really helped reduce the problems of the awful '1v1' feature, as teams now move in a much better shape across the field. Space is condensed and passing lanes are blocked much better, so it helps the midfield game. I do find it a little bit rigid at times and teams can sit off and into their shape a little too much for my liking, but this is something I'm hoping improves over the course of the next few titles.

The midfield game on NG FIFA to me is pretty decent. There's far less space to operate it vs CG or PES 2021. I've made a few adjustments to try and improve it as well, which you can find here - https://evoweb.uk/threads/anths-fifa-22-next-gen-simulation-sliders-tactical-adjustment.88993/

It's not perfect, especially as the updates have negatively impacted the game, but for me I can still enjoy a good game of football and despite it's faults I think 22 NG is a step in the right direction compared to the direction from FIFA 20 and the introduction of '1v1'. I'm not sure about default anymore as I haven't tried it for some time, but I do find the AI variety to be very, very good. You have to be able to look past the ridiculous animation/movement speed to get any enjoyment out of it though!

The other thing which is a mixed bag is the ball physics. I like elements of the ball physics a lot and feel like EA have really improved in this area. It can feel very smooth and weighty at times, which is a big improvement on how it used to be. On the other hand, I don't find them consistent enough across different types of passing/shooting so it can be frustrating. The other thing which bugs me is that the deflections are very 'dead'. The ball becomes extremely heavy in deflections and the ball doesn't travel very far at all. This is by design I think and it's annoying! A few things to keep in mind anyway!
Thanks for your detailed thoughts. Sounds like there's at least room for optimism. My concern is often the team shape as well.

@janguv, I'd say this is as good as it gets now:

But A) this is the last gen version, and B) all I see is (38 seconds in) FC Nürnberg's DMs standing in the middle of the field watching life go by, as if someone told them they smell and now they're scared to get too close to people.

@janguv, I'd say this is as good as it gets now:

But A) this is the last gen version, and B) all I see is (38 seconds in) FC Nürnberg's DMs standing in the middle of the field watching life go by, as if someone told them they smell and now they're scared to get too close to people.
Yeah that's awful. This is the exact reason I can't play the CG version, it's the 1v1. You don't see this in the NG version anywhere near as much, if at all. FIFA 20, 21 and 22 CG are all the same in that regard. Players are just 'switched off' unless they are the designated 'tracker'. This is why I think the 11v11 capture element of hypermotion is at least positive and real when compared. Players who aren't the tracker move and position themselves accordingly. Carry the ball out to the wing on CG version and watch there be very little movement from the centre of the pitch aside from the '1'. It's terrible.

all I see is (38 seconds in) FC Nürnberg's DMs standing in the middle of the field watching life go by, as if someone told them they smell and now they're scared to get too close to people.
Actually is shocking haha.
You don't see this in the NG version anywhere near as much, if at all.
Hope so!

Also, the ball physics... I feel like it's startling how similar this and eFootball now look. Especially ground passes. No friction, just gliding along a smooth surface.

Actually is shocking haha.

Hope so!

Also, the ball physics... I feel like it's startling how similar this and eFootball now look. Especially ground passes. No friction, just gliding along a smooth surface.
A lot of differing opinions on this, but I personally find CG and NG to be very different games. Not everyone agrees, but for me it’s not even a question. Play NG and see how you find it, don’t judge it from what you see of CG.

A lot of differing opinions on this, but I personally find CG and NG to be very different games. Not everyone agrees, but for me it’s not even a question. Play NG and see how you find it, don’t judge it from what you see of CG.
It will get more and more ...

I've not played current gen but I know on next gen there isn't the tracking issue from 21 that I believe is still there on current gen

I decided ,despite previous experience to re download FIFA 22 for next gen and give it a go.
Wasn't going to let my experience with it before judge it ,a fresh take!

I didn't think it was amazing ,but I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would.
Started a player career at Arminia Bielefeld ,and i had a lot of fun.
Just like when I played FIFA 20 ,didn't like the game at first ,but I learned to see past the crap and enjoy what's good.

10 min semi passing/shooting manual the rest.
World class.
Maybe it's a keeper?
@Anth James sliders ,cheers mate ,gotta say they work pretty damn good for me

And I agree with @Mathgamer this isn't a new gen gaming experience.
But atm ,good enough for me

I was really enjoying this clip at first, makes the game look pretty great excluding the skating and generally bad positioning:

Then, about a minute and a half in, the sliders appear - and they show just how much you have to break the game in order to get some realism in there. 0 for player runs, 1 for player speed, 2 for pass speed... Even with the game speed set to "slow".

To think that FUT players say the game is too slow on the default settings just blows my mind.

After 3-4 hours of playing player career (controlling the whole team) which has exactly the same gameplay as CM.

I quite enjoyed the game play ,had a lot of fun ,but...this mode Player career is completely broken.

Nowadays you can come on as a sub which is quite nice (about fucking time).
But here's the thing ,you have a trust meter from the manager deciding whether you're a reserve/bench/starter.
That meter can go up or down depending on the goals set out for you.
But once you go below "reserve" there's absolutely no way to get up to a bench/starter spot.

I started the season by skipping all pre season games (waste of time imo) so my meter was down to bench once the league started and I got three games as a substitute ,coming in at the 85th/80th/82nd minute and obviously I couldn't get much going and dropped to a reserve ,and that was my last game played.
I simmed two seasons ,not one start or bench spot!

But I got to play for my NT ,and scoring a lot ,but that never spilled over to the club.
I got a msg from my club coach that he was disappointed ,after scoring twice in the WC.

Very very weird this.
I can still go out on loan or being bought ,but since I'm a 84 OVR it's only big clubs wanting to sign me ,even though I've been in the reserves at Arminia Bielefeld in zweite Bundesliga.
Broken.

Edit:my bad!
I can raise the trust by doing the drills.
Duh!

Last edited:
But I can't for the love of god (or anyone else) understand why you can't have/save multiple settings/sliders?
2022 is the year ,new gen is the format.
I have 4 different slider saves for my 2k ,and have had that option since at least 2k14.
Just poor ,very poor.

I really don't know if a new gen experience should looks on a football games. Looks like they already struggle too much with a current gen + game.

Also with the direction they takes, super speed, new gen physics? For what? Next-gen AI? It's not visible enough for EA, the current-gen is enough and good for a Fifa (the one thing i really like)

Sincerely, i got no idea. Boxing, Basketball, Madden, yes, any Tennis a bit less, Hocky no idea. UFC totally.
Was a fan from Hockey games when i was young... Sad they "killed" NHL 2K as it was a better game than EA NHL. But even, NHL from EA review from a Canadian fan said they arcardeyed (new word) their game since probably the same time as FIFA 19.

I ain't against to buy an NHL game, i tried and liked some years ago. Just that i got no idea of the rosters, players etc. lol. I'll check for NHL 23 probably, need so bad a game with a ball and a goal (that's why i loved Hockey games, playing was a bit like football games but better recreated)

Question : we all saw Frostbite 2 for their Battefield (if i remember well) but i don't see any relation to a football game. Just the graphisms engine, nothing more. But it's too different.
Some say it's an issue that they have to follow the others games sold who use Frostbite 2 and make it fits. What i saw wrong isn't linked with the core engine at alll, but gameplay's choice.

Now, the Info with the other company buying FUT isn't something bad, we could perhaps have FUT on F2P and EA Football different, like a normal game.
Still don't understand what that other company i never heard will do with FUT neither EA. Absolutely no idea if it's a good or bad thing. But i suppose FUT could be like a F2P service... As EA don't own it since Mr Nobody brought it.
And the impact on EA Sport Football no idea. It's one of the most confusing thing i've see from a company who buy another company, because here they only take one mode... We'll see

Fifa 22 CM? More bugs then football. I can say I play both (PC and XBOX) more hours then last Fifa games. But never finished one season.
It is so fu+$%# strated what €A did or not did with the game.

And there's no hope on the football video gaming section horizon. 😒

Slow feels like real life speed. 😄
Yes, i have made 3 games.
United Vs City on Caraboa cup. They beat me 2-0, with a very nice game and Ederson was on fire! What a GK in the game!
After, I played my fifth game against Leicester. A very closed match, and Aubamayang killed me at the 92th!
Then I started my second match on Champion's League agaist Feyernoord. Damned their defence was a real big block, and Dybala arrived to score before the half! Only one goal but I take it!

The GK in this update are really really good, and the rythme on slow is perfect!

Yes, i have made 3 games.
United Vs City on Caraboa cup. They beat me 2-0, with a very nice game and Ederson was on fire! What a GK in the game!
After, I played my fifth game against Leicester. A very closed match, and Aubamayang killed me at the 92th!
Then I started my second match on Champion's League agaist Feyernoord. Damned their defence was a real big block, and Dybala arrived to score before the half! Only one goal but I take it!

The GK in this update are really really good, and the rythme on slow is perfect!

Enjoy it while it last. We don't know what will happen in the next update.

Whatever the update is, Saturator always enjoys the game 😁
Nop always mate. When they accelarate the game with a live update, I said it's very bad. After some ajustements, yes it was good to play.

Since the beta, I like the feeling of this FIFA 22. FIFA 21 NG was bad, this one not. Hypermotion is for me a gamechanger. It's only personal, i can understand that some people didn't like it.

Nop always mate. When they accelarate the game with a live update, I said it's very bad. After some ajustements, yes it was good to play.

Since the beta, I like the feeling of this FIFA 22. FIFA 21 NG was bad, this one not. Hypermotion is for me a gamechanger. It's only personal, i can understand that some people didn't like it.
Hypermotion is at the beginning, I will soon see the next level, but I'm afraid of the updates.

Hypermotion is at the beginning, I will soon see the next level, but I'm afraid of the updates.
Hi mate. I Hope you're fine. Yes Hypermotion is at his begginning and EA spoke about new AI too. FIFA 23 will be soon showing so finger crosses!

I noticed in my few games of the latest update, the shooter skips animation into shooting position, maybe it's to try reduce ball clipping into planted foot.

ezgif-5-4c9e14987c.gif

Back
Top Bottom