FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

What I liked about the announcement of the last FIFA edition. Konami never tried to release the best PES as a last PES edition

(..) We are committed to ensuring the next FIFA is our best ever, with more features, game modes, World Cup content, clubs, leagues, competitions, and players than any FIFA title before. (...).

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/me...ights-and-launches-new-non-sim-football-games

Bayern could be fully licensed again in FIFA 23:

ea%20sports%20fc%20%2823%29.jpg

I’m confused, so do EA still have the the fifa licence for 23 but are dropping the name early? Or have they lost it already?

I’m confused, so do EA still have the the fifa licence for 23 but are dropping the name early? Or have they lost it already?

This year (release in oct) will be the last one. Itll release as fifa 23. But next year itll be FC whatever. Doubt itll be much different. Would be nice a revamp especially the engine
The changes will come one year from now. This year is business as usual

I will skip 23 if is not for free. I will start play efootball. I am sick and tired to start a new FUT team over and over again.

I will skip 23 if is not for free. I will start play efootball. I am sick and tired to start a new FUT team over and over again.
FIFA 23 won't be free. It will be the last "traditional" FIFA game, with a World Cup mode etc.

However, EA FC... I think that will be free-to-play, but your FUT squad will still reset once a season - otherwise, how do they get another billion dollars out of players every year?

Perhaps there's a larger plan in place (with all of the legal issues around lootboxes) and they're going to change FUT into an eFootball-style system with EA FC, where you can buy the exact player(s) you want with real money. But again, they have to reset that at some point so they can keep charging you. They aren't going to give up that yearly $1 billion cashflow (which they make from FUT alone).

I hope for him, just for not being too ridiculous, that the famous FIFA president is talking about the future title owned by another company than EA. Because if he talk about the present and the past, especially on PS4 era... No comment. Only one game was semi acceptable to me (16). And 22 it's up and down from a patch to another, but it still an average game to me. Prefers to plays 15 years old games... But it sold well.

Whatever I/we shouldn't care about a guy don't know a thing about Video Games so...

To be fair, at this point calling the game FIFA was just for brand recognition. In the early days it was an unprecedented move to have a game actually licensed by football's governing body, but it stopped making a difference as the years went by because the games came to be defined by how they compared with PES more than any strength the FIFA name could provide (if any, considering all the shady business they've been up to throughout the best part of the series' life).
It would be more surprising (although not unexpected) if they actually took Konami's cue and decided to change the game from the ground up because of this.
FIFA 23 won't be free. It will be the last "traditional" FIFA game, with a World Cup mode etc.
Psh, some World Cup that is that's more like Euro with South American teams (seriously, there's not even one team from Africa anymore!).
I seriously wonder how have they screwed this up so badly since 98 - or hell, maybe even 99, which was the last one to have a decent national team roster.

We're too few to make things change.
No more Physical games, F2P will invade the VG world....
A revolution is needed. And it's not a matter of "boomer" or other who can't accept the supposed progress (i see some others acceptance we should fight against... But it's another story)

They didn't even hide themselves, with the slogan "It's Free!". We're too few to do something, boycott or anything. To protect the future generation for that gigant storm coming. And we're too weak to stop playing : we grown up with VG like Movies, aswell as music. I can do without music but not Movies/series/V.G. :(

I post here, but it's all about the future of VG.
Fortunetely, i hope, some game like Souls Series, The Witchers etc. will stay safe. But VS and team vs team games FPS...

To be fair, at this point calling the game FIFA was just for brand recognition. In the early days it was an unprecedented move to have a game actually licensed by football's governing body, but it stopped making a difference as the years went by because the games came to be defined by how they compared with PES more than any strength the FIFA name could provide (if any, considering all the shady business they've been up to throughout the best part of the series' life).
It would be more surprising (although not unexpected) if they actually took Konami's cue and decided to change the game from the ground up because of this.

Psh, some World Cup that is that's more like Euro with South American teams (seriously, there's not even one team from Africa anymore!).
I seriously wonder how have they screwed this up so badly since 98 - or hell, maybe even 99, which was the last one to have a decent national team roster.
They can, why not a name editing at least? But not.
Afterall people are more playing with Clubs. F*** nationals.
... Why always trowing in the trash stuffs that people plays less? At least leave it a bit. I still play Cup and all with Nations, but no point anymore.

I may understand if 99% don't play some feature then they don't continue to focus on it, but man, before we played almost all 8 and 16 bits + Arcade games with only Nations to choose. It's a classic to me, even if i admit, i got less and less interest in National cups and all that i got even 5 years before (the pandemic). No Euro 2008 but 2009 i would admit is one of the reason, don't need to explain why.

Edit sorry for Double Post, it's not the first time will edit the next time with a line for the separation 😅

They can, why not a name editing at least? But not.
Afterall people are more playing with Clubs. F*** nationals.
... Why always trowing in the trash stuffs that people plays less? At least leave it a bit. I still play Cup and all with Nations, but no point anymore.

I may understand if 99% don't play some feature then they don't continue to focus on it, but man, before we played almost all 8 and 16 bits + Arcade games with only Nations to choose. It's a classic to me, even if i admit, i got less and less interest in National cups and all that i got even 5 years before (the pandemic). No Euro 2008 but 2009 i would admit is one of the reason, don't need to explain why.
Yeah, well, the same thing happened with PES and yet Konami continued to expand their NT stable over the years.
Besides, with all that Career Mode entails, you'd think EA would have the insight to have more representable nations. This is why I mostly play FIFA on PC anymore, so I can mod it with what it's missing.

Just for info, in Efootball they excluded every fakes NT. Well in fact every teams with fakes names for players...
And there's a lot in Africa as you mentioned it that disappeared.

Ah for Europe there's a lot of teams thanks to Euro 2008-09, but for Africa, at least 8 teams in less...
-4 For America or -5, and they're dealing with Asian NT Corporation but it's a long time information, for having all participating teams... I would have preferred a deal with Concacaf, And Commebol and it would be pretty complete. CAF africa is really difficult to get as they're organised like amateurs, so... For one game or another, better to give up.

Whatever from EA side, it's been a long time since they've released a "World Cup" add-on, i don't even talk about version apart it's too "retro" to them...
Since 2014. Never tried that version but some said there's some things better than FIFA 14 which is one of my favourite... It's on 360 and PS3 only, i don't know if games with licence from X year are available on the Gamepass. But if yes, you may try it (even if that WC wasn't interesting at all to me)

And yes, for PS4-ONE-PC Era : nothing about WC for 2018. Not an add on or whatever else. And like you said, there was missing some good countries here and there, but now it's less and less teams (Still got India as exclusive and another team from the same level. If ever you now a hidden Indian gem in your Club in Career, it's time!)

Last edited:
I think this Ea Sports thing will still have a career and cups as a dlc or something, but probably it will all reset after an year and you'll have to pay the "ticket" again. The end of replayability.. God, this modern gaming era makes me so sick. In normal times one could also hope for a new Fifa licensed game, but in this one, as somebody already said, it probably will be bought by somebody to make another shitty f2p thing. It's like football videogaming nowadays became synonimous with all those damn FUT/MyC horrors. Like it's unthinkable for somebody to seriously focus on anything else.

Man I don't know, I still hope someday for a company to produce something modern with an old school heart, but at this point it's hard to believe it on any solid base. I'm so disheartened I'd be content to know they'll leave Origin and the old games available for the future to be.

Sorry for the cyclical rant lol.

Played a few games today for the first time since the update, it plays very good and slow is now slow.
Some really tough games on WC.
Downside is fouls seems to have disappeared.

The 2 games will be the same engine and both will aim to be the same bad FIFA game we have been getting for years.

Just divide into 2 licenses.

It's already getting awkward
UFL will also be the same 3 games that are pretty much the same.

Just stupidity, the football games is becoming a joke.

Played a few games today for the first time since the update, it plays very good and slow is now slow.
Some really tough games on WC.
Downside is fouls seems to have disappeared.
God I hope not, due you mean fouls not given or none attempted? Just played and there are still fouls 5 by Liverpool with 4 yellow cards and 2 by me no bookings.

Last edited:
God I hope not, due you mean fouls not given or none attempted? Just played and there are still fouls 5 by Liverpool with 4 yellow cards and 2 by me no bookings.
I’ve only played 2 games today but there were 2 yellows in both for the CPU and some dodgy tackles flying in which if I hadn’t been quick would have cut me down so I think the aggression/fouls are still there, just toned down which is what we wanted.

don't know if the above quote is true but if it is, then football fans will be spoiled for choice, with about 5 totally shit esports games to look forward to.
Hope that happens and the esports football market crashes for the 4th 5th...10th titles, with only remaining about 3 in competition so someone realizes there is a potential to do something different.

I think this Ea Sports thing will still have a career and cups as a dlc or something, but probably it will all reset after an year and you'll have to pay the "ticket" again. The end of replayability.. God, this modern gaming era makes me so sick. In normal times one could also hope for a new Fifa licensed game, but in this one, as somebody already said, it probably will be bought by somebody to make another shitty f2p thing. It's like football videogaming nowadays became synonimous with all those damn FUT/MyC horrors. Like it's unthinkable for somebody to seriously focus on anything else.

Man I don't know, I still hope someday for a company to produce something modern with an old school heart, but at this point it's hard to believe it on any solid base. I'm so disheartened I'd be content to know they'll leave Origin and the old games available for the future to be.

Sorry for the cyclical rant lol.
Yeah it's ciclical but we said it because we hope that it won't happen like this. F2P and all to me it's like = Cheap game.
And no way to get back on older version. There's a lot to gain for the companies, now you have no choice but to "buy" the new version.
I always buy the new version, but i also like to came back to an older one. I should wrote it in the thread about F2P but you're spot on.

Can accept Digital games at 40% let's say. Let's cross fingers, even if i don't believe it, that New season will be "separate" and the older would still on DLL...
But about EA : i don't think they will F2P direct their game. Fifa sold too much, no need to do that, it would remain the same.
It's better for games who sold less to take that option, i believe (a bit naive, but well). Whatever if they continue with the patch they choosen for Fifa 20-21-22, it will be a clear goodbye F2P or not.

But i'm not naive but weak to still believe even a little bit that they may and could change for the best, as it get worst every year, crushing physics and football logic with a MonsterTruck bigger and bigger.

I’ve only played 2 games today but there were 2 yellows in both for the CPU and some dodgy tackles flying in which if I hadn’t been quick would have cut me down so I think the aggression/fouls are still there, just toned down which is what we wanted.
I get about 5 fouls per game on my career , yellow cards are there. Penalties are few and far between on world class but on professional there are more

I'm having some crackers in the championship career. Normal speed , semi controls . Minor AI slider tweaks pass error and shot error . The latest patch slowed it right down

Back
Top Bottom