FIFA 22 Discussion (Console Versions)

Every good change in this direction will be swallowed by the fut zombies in a patch or two, or even just after the beta. Don't even know why they bother with this pompous talks anymore when all the market they care about goes in the opposite direction. It's probably just a marketing thing to hook people out of the loop with big words or something on the same vibe. It's all meaningless if they don't create a separate modality for it, and it doesn't seem like it's in their mind at all.
People holding on to some form of hope?
"Maybe this year?"

Won't happen till we can separate offline/online and add 10-15 more sliders plus being able to modify CPU tendencies.
Until then ,I'm not touching this series

I haven’t played really since launch. Do teammate AI defenders still do that infuriating thing of sprinting backwards following a striker completely ruining your defensive shape?

New game update from Squad update in game is fantastic,i dont know whot thay do whit gameplay but it the best ever....play two games,and i realy enjoy,im pes lower,but this is nice footy gameplay.

Thanks to everyone who showed me the zoom up shots of fifa sliding I couldn't resist but do my own but maybe discovered something

1st video my 6 year old thought it was hilarious asking why the player was a ghost floating on his feet and foot disappearing into the ball

The I installed pes 21 and to my surprise skating was in that too and almost as bad but in a different way

Then I wondered how fifa was behaving and it's logical I suppose if you press shoot the game is going to want to shoot so if the balls too far away it's either going to kick thin air or somehow get your player to the ball , enter skating to get there . So I thought if the ball isn't far away then maybe it won't happen so I drop 1St touch to zero for user and ai and lo and behold skating seems to have been reduced quite a bit

May need some more testing but seemed improved

I haven’t played really since launch. Do teammate AI defenders still do that infuriating thing of sprinting backwards following a striker completely ruining your defensive shape?
It's been improved a couple of times from how it was, so it's not as damaging as before, but it does still happen and should be better.

Thought I would try FIFA again and start a new career mode with Exeter.

Have won every game but 2 so far on WC, so need to change the skill level.
With most games ended 6-2.
I even beat Man City 2-0 in the cup.

It is still the same FIFA I remember, impossible to defend and piss easy to score, and what have they done with the keepers?
Every shot at him now goes in, they were amazing when the game was released, but now not seen keepers this bad, since Manchester United in Europe.

I wish someone like 2K would start producing a simulation based football game which is realistic, as FIFA just doesn't feel like football and plays more like basketball - Everytime you attack you expect to score.

Thought I would try FIFA again and start a new career mode with Exeter.

Have won every game but 2 so far on WC, so need to change the skill level.
With most games ended 6-2.
I even beat Man City 2-0 in the cup.

It is still the same FIFA I remember, impossible to defend and piss easy to score, and what have they done with the keepers?
Every shot at him now goes in, they were amazing when the game was released, but now not seen keepers this bad, since Manchester United in Europe.

I wish someone like 2K would start producing a simulation based football game which is realistic, as FIFA just doesn't feel like football and plays more like basketball - Everytime you attack you expect to score.
what platform and what control method? this doesnt happen on PS5. Keepers have been dramatically improved. Also defending, compared to 21 at least, is not an issue. I dont think i have conceded one goal where a player hasn't been tracked. Not saying it doesnt have faults on NG but these two certainly arent one of them

Another title update just dropped. Had to rise speed slider from 35 to 53 (felt really really slow on 35)

what platform and what control method? this doesnt happen on PS5. Keepers have been dramatically improved. Also defending, compared to 21 at least, is not an issue. I dont think i have conceded one goal where a player hasn't been tracked. Not saying it doesnt have faults on NG but these two certainly arent one of them
Yes, keeper have seen a noticeable improvement (edit: in comparison to the update before!), imo.
with @Anth James sliders it’s fun to play.

Last edited:

Playing on PS5..
Keepers are absolutely shocking compared to how they were out the box, any R2/finesse shot ends up in the back of the net - if on target.
Play on WC with semi controls.

I concede about 1-3 a game and score 4-6 goals a game.

Playing on PS5..
Keepers are absolutely shocking compared to how they were out the box, any R2/finesse shot ends up in the back of the net - if on target.
Play on WC with semi controls.

I concede about 1-3 a game and score 4-6 goals a game.
Same controls level and platform and I don't concede anywhere near 3 goals per game and my keeper saves quite a few . Last 2 games post latch 2-0 and 1-0

Updated, one hour, four matches.

[Series S, World Class, full manual, Hartlepool Career Mode]

Pleased.

Immediately the ball felt like it moved more slowly than when I last played.

The bad: I'll get the wee ones out the way first - the AI still chips unchallenged 10 yard passes for no reason; there's still that blur when the ball passes the goal line and behind the net.

Bigger stuff - skating galore but within my tolerance limit. However, FIFA 22 became Sarajevo 84 in one game as Chris and Jane combined down the left to set up a last-minute equaliser with not a shred of gravity in sight. Furious.

No jobbie goalkeeping. Yet. But they did toy with me a little. There were a couple of goals that were preventable but after a bit of scrutiny the shots were powerful and/or low enough that they're off the hook.

The good: that there is - on my evidence so far - no new bad.

Two of the four games were great. No complaints. Here we go again...

The following Live Tuning gameplay changes will soon be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Origin/Steam), and Stadia versions of FIFA 22:
  • Increased the width of defensive lines in situations where the opposing side’s ball carrier is at the edge of the penalty area, or even closer to goal.
  • Increased the separation between defenders when an AI defender shifts their position to cover a potential shooting lane.
  • Reduced how deep AI midfielders can drop back into their own team’s penalty area.

The following Live Tuning gameplay changes will soon be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC (Origin/Steam), and Stadia versions of FIFA 22:
  • Increased the width of defensive lines in situations where the opposing side’s ball carrier is at the edge of the penalty area, or even closer to goal.
  • Increased the separation between defenders when an AI defender shifts their position to cover a potential shooting lane.
  • Reduced how deep AI midfielders can drop back into their own team’s penalty area.
I need this explaining to me, because that second point reads like "when an AI defender gets into a good defensive position, the other defenders will run towards their nearest sideline in order to leave massive gaps to make it much easier to score". I can't be reading that right...?

Updated, one hour, four matches.

[Series S, World Class, full manual, Hartlepool Career Mode]

Pleased.

Immediately the ball felt like it moved more slowly than when I last played.

The bad: I'll get the wee ones out the way first - the AI still chips unchallenged 10 yard passes for no reason; there's still that blur when the ball passes the goal line and behind the net.

Bigger stuff - skating galore but within my tolerance limit. However, FIFA 22 became Sarajevo 84 in one game as Chris and Jane combined down the left to set up a last-minute equaliser with not a shred of gravity in sight. Furious.

No jobbie goalkeeping. Yet. But they did toy with me a little. There were a couple of goals that were preventable but after a bit of scrutiny the shots were powerful and/or low enough that they're off the hook.

The good: that there is - on my evidence so far - no new bad.

Two of the four games were great. No complaints. Here we go again...

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Ooh this doesn't sound good at all. Whenever they start messing with this kind of stuff we're in trouble....

Turns out I am reading it right. Sigh.

For what it's worth - i.e. nothing. Drop this a like if you agree.

To me it sounds like they're trying to reduce the amount of blocked shots and create more goal scoring chances. This could be a really bad one I fear...

That last point about midfielders sounds awful too..

It's ONLY for next-gen? So they're ONLY making the next-gen version worse?

What an absolute joke.

It's ONLY for next-gen? So they're ONLY making the next-gen version worse?

What an absolute joke.
Yeah I had a feeling. Again, it’s a dumbed down solution to something. If anything, they need to open up the scope of the midfielders to track HIGHER up the pitch and WIDER. Not the defenders and not how deep the midfielders go.

They’re going to destroy the team movement argh.

Also, this will almost certainly bring more tika-taka back (or make it it worse). Wider defensive lines for the User always creates too many gaps for the CPU to exploit. Wider lines for the User isn't as bad (depending on the implementation) but for the User it encourages those plays where you can't really do anything about the CPU attack. This is why I play with a width discrepancy already.

I really enjoyed FIFA 22 at launch but now I’m forcing myself to like it. Played 3 matches in my Huddersfield career tonight and every game feels the same to me. It’s just…FIFA. And some people love that. But it’s just not for me, it’s doesn’t have the old addictive feeling that the other series games had back in the day.

or I’m just older and more cynical now. Whatever, it’s just not for me.

Back
Top Bottom