Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I don't think they will ruin it this time. They got bad reputation for changing things too much last time round. I think they will let things settle then fix the actual broken things

here's what i don't like....give me a break.. 40 yard header pass......:CRY:

As soon as I played demo I said headers were way overpowered. I had the same issue - a cleared header landing past the halfway line.
Also Im hoping the issue of the ball not wanting to go out of play and slowing down in order for you to get cross in has been addressed as well.

Anyone played with Napoli yet? I love using them (never use my own beloved Lfc) and they are great to play with in the other game. Just wondered if they were good in FIFA19.
Kalidou Koulibaly is a big heavy lump in PES is he the same in FIFA?

Just came back from holidays and checked out the FIFA19 demo.

Although i see many of you being quite happy about the full version, i am very disappointed with the demo. Without a doubt, the basic things like positioning and AI attention are working well. But the gameplay mechanic as whole is just incredible dated and doesn´t reflect pace and flow of a real match.

I am completely aware this is a demo and you can do a lot with sliders, but meanwhile the problems are deeper than that. Based on the experience of the last years, switching between slow and normal gamespeed just has a very little inpact. So please correct me if i am wrong, but it seems you have to deal with the jaggy unnatural animation flow in the full version as well.

During my holidays i had my PS VITA with FIFA Football with me (with is largely based on the FIFA11 gameplay, without sliders). Looking at the animation flow and ball physics of this eight year old game, the FIFA19 demo feels completely detached from reality.

At the moment, PES2019 on -2 and legendary difficulty sets the bar for me, apart from the known AI inconsistencies it is a demanding challenge based on a comparatively lifelike environment. If anyone has some recommendations for me to get FIFA19 there, i will be eager to listen.

Just came back from holidays and checked out the FIFA19 demo.

Although i see many of you being quite happy about the full version, i am very disappointed with the demo. Without a doubt, the basic things like positioning and AI attention are working well. But the gameplay mechanic as whole is just incredible dated and doesn´t reflect pace and flow of a real match.

I am completely aware this is a demo and you can do a lot with sliders, but meanwhile the problems are deeper than that. Based on the experience of the last years, switching between slow and normal gamespeed just has a very little inpact. So please correct me if i am wrong, but it seems you have to deal with the jaggy unnatural animation flow in the full version as well.

During my holidays i had my PS VITA with FIFA Football with me (with is largely based on the FIFA11 gameplay, without sliders). Looking at the animation flow and ball physics of this eight year old game, the FIFA19 demo feels completely detached from reality.

At the moment, PES2019 on -2 and legendary difficulty sets the bar for me, apart from the known AI inconsistencies it is a demanding challenge based on a comparatively lifelike environment. If anyone has some recommendations for me to get FIFA19 there, i will be eager to listen.

It didnt help the demo had no sliders and was set to normal speed which is way too fast.

But the gameplay mechanic as whole is just incredible dated and doesn´t reflect pace and flow of a real match.

I agree. Been like that for about 5 years.

I think my way to buy footy games now is at the END of an engine cycle or at last once every 4 years for world cup goodness.

The Messi/CR7 era has been good though

You could always get the physical version and turn off automatic updates, I suppose. That's my plan now.

Physical version still has to make connection to servers on initial install, no? (e.g. when you sign the EA declaration]

in ps4 settings can't you choose to download but not install updates?

this is an interesting point....

.....what i find difficult to fathom is I pay full whack for a game which, if I take offline, then won't allow me to get new other-than-gameplay updates (e.g. dashboard improvements/squad updates etc).

Rip off.

Last edited:
We need an eSports version and a football fan's version.

NHL lets you change between patch versions in the sliders bit. Why can't we?

Looking at the eSports guys' feedback (and they're the guys EA care most about), the reality of football and human mistakes (like a defender hitting the ball against a striker and the ball running free across the penalty area) are absolutely not wanted by the eSports guys. If a striker has the ball, he has to score or miss - or the defender has to perform a tackle that is 100% successful.

They're not interested in recreating football - only creating a platform for eSports they can dominate.

This first update is going to ruin the game for me, I can just smell it.

I like some of the goals which happen on FIFA at the moment.

If you watch the two vids I uploaded earlier, my equaliser against Carlisle and the Tranmere goal against me is exactly what I like about this years FIFA and don't believe either would of happened in FIFA 18.

But there is only one way to find out and that will be in a couple of patches time.

It didnt help the demo had no sliders and was set to normal speed which is way too fast.

As i said, in my opinion the technical gap in the whole physics and animation engine is too big meanwhile to fix it all by sliders - unless they invent an "animation speed" slider or somewhat. It even seems to get worse, when taking FIFA17 or even FIFA11 as a reference. It´s only in replays when the animations start to shine.

Last edited:
An authentic copy of FIFA 19 pre-day one patch is probs worth about £1000+

I imagine all physical copies that have been sent out are pre first day patch, so isn't it simply a case of turning off auto update in the ps4 and play with the original unpatched version (given that you buy a physical copy)?

It's been painful listening to you guys enjoying the game. I'll get it on console on Friday, probably with the Day 1 patch already installed. I'll never know what it was like to play a Fifa that actually looked like a game of football.

I imagine all physical copies that have been sent out are pre first day patch, so isn't it simply a case of turning off auto update in the ps4 and play with the original unpatched version (given that you buy a physical copy)?

i think you are correct but i wouldnt put it past the dev to "force" updates. [e.g. ugliness of dashboard due to inactie tiles if the game was kept offline]

the question to consider is this :

is FIFA 19 pre-day one the PERFECT football game that you could play unchanged forever. If it is then, the value of FIFA 19 pre-day one is pretty much infinite.

if it isn't just roll with the flow; see what comes and (try to) enjoy the ride.

if i break it down into simple terms : gaming is now either you playing the game or the game playing you.

Choose wisely.

[the guys that played F18 understand how EA broke it post-demo. i'm clueless on this so I'm still not clear if I will cough up for PC version to keep offline]

My sons copy from Shopto has been sent out. He'll have his copy before I have digital copy!

Are you sure about this? Shopto has a huge message on the Account page stating:

-----
***IMPORTANT FIFA 19 SHIPPING INFORMATION***

Due to shipping restrictions from EA, Fifa 19 will be shipped on Thursday the 27th September, on time for the Friday 28th September launch date.
-----
Fair enough if it has been posted, just seems weird they would go to the trouble of putting that up to then do something different.

(I'm only making this point so I don't spend tonight acting like a kid on Christmas Eve by managing my own postage expectations as I have become well and truly smitten with the demo).

Are you sure about this? Shopto has a huge message on the Account page stating:

-----
***IMPORTANT FIFA 19 SHIPPING INFORMATION***

Due to shipping restrictions from EA, Fifa 19 will be shipped on Thursday the 27th September, on time for the Friday 28th September launch date.
-----
Fair enough if it has been posted, just seems weird they would go to the trouble of putting that up to then do something different.

(I'm only making this point so I don't spend tonight acting like a kid on Christmas Eve by managing my own postage expectations as I have become well and truly smitten with the demo).

You might be right looking at it.
Says processing and my cards been charged.

Reactions: mjp
i think you are correct but i wouldnt put it past the dev to "force" updates. [e.g. ugliness of dashboard due to inactie tiles if the game was kept offline]

the question to consider is this :

is FIFA 19 pre-day one the PERFECT football game that you could play unchanged forever. If it is then, the value of FIFA 19 pre-day one is pretty much infinite.

if it isn't just roll with the flow; see what comes and (try to) enjoy the ride.

if i break it down into simple terms : gaming is now either you playing the game or the game playing you.

Choose wisely.

[the guys that played F18 understand how EA broke it post-demo. i'm clueless on this so I'm still not clear if I will cough up for PC version to keep offline]

It's not perfect, but I can see myself playing it past Christmas which hasn't happened with either game since the PS3, and actually finishing a season in ML or whatever it's called. That's more than enough

@Chris Davies, what sliders are you using in your videos? game looks noticeable slower and ball physics is different than the demo. Honestly, do you think full game is better than the demo? I can't stand ball physics in the demo, it kills the gameplay for me... thanks :)

@Chris Davies, what sliders are you using in your videos? game looks noticeable slower and ball physics is different than the demo. Honestly, do you think full game is better than the demo? I can't stand ball physics in the demo, it kills the gameplay for me... thanks :)
Full game is noticeably better than the demo. But not TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the demo. I think there's a lot of people who imagine the demo was FIFA 19 and the full game is FIFA 20. No.

It's still FIFA. But noticeably better (I started disliking the demo within days - I played the trial for ten hours and didn't want to stop). There's still way-too-hard headers and player collisions that throw the ball 80ft into the air - but it's still an excellent game.

guys.

just some further info about keeping the game offline on PC. as you may know I installed FIFA 18 recently.

i have just come up with a message on origin that says the game is not playable until it is updated(!).

[this kind of suggests to me you would have to keep origin offline too...which is a tall ask]

Full game is noticeably better than the demo. But not TOTALLY DIFFERENT from the demo. I think there's a lot of people who imagine the demo was FIFA 19 and the full game is FIFA 20. No.

It's still FIFA. But noticeably better (I started disliking the demo within days - I played the trial for ten hours and didn't want to stop). There's still way-too-hard headers and player collisions that throw the ball 80ft into the air - but it's still an excellent game.
thanks a lot!!! :)

game is like real football using the sliders, no more wide open spaces and no places to spam the sprint button, you really have to think about what you’re doing

Can you (or anyone else) quickly sum up the main gameplay differences (pre-sliders) between full release and demo?

This is what i am hoping. I was reading online today how to turn off auto update on the PS4. The only problem is with the transfer updates but i guess i can do them myself.

Back
Top Bottom