Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
So apparently the stats are being more "balanced" and defending is being more "loose" in the day 1 update. Anyone knows how to make sure my game doesn't update in origin? I don't want to play an arcade casual pingpong sport with 22 clones on the pitch which is what FUT players love.

For fuck sake, after seeing that "pro guy" feedback I want to smash my head to the wall. When it's not enough to screw the online experience with their meta and maniacal exploiting, they come for the offline too. I'm seriously losing it, if they manage to ruin the good stuff they seem to have done this year it's seriously the end of all hope.

He's 100% a FUT player and based on his previous videos where he lambasts FIFA 19, he clearly either knows fuck all about football or only cares about arcade-esque gameplay. Perhaps both.

His feedback doesn't even make sense. He says that AI defending is OP and that corners are like penalties. Well if anything, strong CBs and defenders should be winning more headers, right?!

So apparently the stats are being more "balanced" and defending is being more "loose" in the day 1 update. Anyone knows how to make sure my game doesn't update in origin? I don't want to play an arcade casual pingpong sport with 22 clones on the pitch which is what FUT players love.

You can disable automatic updates within Origin. I also copied my FIFA 19 directory just in case. I forgot the exact steps, but you could revert back to the original gameplay in the past few FIFAs if you copied your directory.

EDIT: Shoutout to @Matt10 for fighting the good fight on Twitter.

Last edited:
Agreed. Kudos to Matt. If you guys have a Twitter account, please do like/ retweet his posts and support his vision. We can make a difference, or at least try.

Lovely vid, thanks for sharing.
Do notice again that sometimes player gets a shot of way too quickly. Feet not even planted and animation goes immediately from receiving the ball to shooting.
It's in this vid around the 5:15 mark.

Also seeing the ball go up way too high whenever it gets crushed between you and the opponent.

Not gamebreaking in any way, but some of those situations look sloppy. Especially when a lot of things look so damn good.
yeah, ball physics still need work, but other than that it's miner stuff. Good football game though. Best Fifa IMO.

Gutted to read the above comments. May holdout getting it now. I remember a couple version back being quite good and I was really enjoying online too. Then they patched it and to was a dribble fest.

You can disable automatic updates within Origin. I also copied my FIFA 19 directory just in case. I forgot the exact steps, but you could revert back to the original gameplay in the past few FIFAs if you copied your directory.

EDIT: Shoutout to @Matt10 for fighting the good fight on Twitter.

I was holding out for standard edition but if that comes with day 1 patch I could be stuffed.

So let me get this straight.

I'd have to get the Champions edition edition before they possibly screw up on day 1 (i.e. the Standard edition) and then take automatic updates offline (I assume that I could then update each game manually).

But that then means I'd have paid for the extras of the Champs edition which I'll never get a chance to play with unless I update my game?

I see no possibilty that console is any better - I'd have to keep that online and updates are forced - hence console version is an INFERIOR product to PC.

....I just looked - at RRP thats paying about £30 more for champs than what I can get standard for just cos EA decide to possibly nerf their game.

...i'm not rewarding that. I'll wait for standard day 1 comments and go from there.

Last edited:
I think what I find frustrating is, 'the FUT and "Pro" players need Fifa/EA more than the other way around surely. It's not like they are gonna leave their sport. New Pro's will come through who are better at this style of football game if they can't adapt. Maybe I'm nieve but it feels like the tail wagging the dog with this Pro and FUT Stuff. I miss when a game was released, that was it.

ea should just make fut play different from offline, make two separate code.
That is what I think people should be tweeting EA about. You can't expect to battle and win against FUT players in having your voices heard by EA. There are more FUT players and FUT is a huge money earner for EA.

However a campaign for separate realistic gameplay for careers and playing offline is much more likely to succeed IMO.

I really consider not updating anything.

Is the best solution to cut the internet?

I won't let them destroy anything this time. Really they should communicate when game is getting faster etc. Then we all could be able to judge if we want these updates or not.

That is what I think people should be tweeting EA about. You can't expect to battle and win against FUT players in having your voices heard by EA. There are more FUT players and FUT is a huge money earner for EA.

However a campaign for separate realistic gameplay for careers and playing offline is much more likely to succeed IMO.
yes, i'm sure EA can afford it...:D

Dunno yet. Ultimate isn't available in kick off and I've just been playing UCL ties.

But playing as Man City I just got beat by Spurs 6-1. So... yeah, it's definitely harder so far this year. And considering CM is usually more difficult than kickoff matches, and I've yet to play on Ultimate...

There's quite a lot to still get used to but early on it feels like the challenge is there this year. Is the balance too far on the side of the CPU being cheaty? I haven't felt that but we'll see as time goes by but the only issue I have at the moment is the CPU's first time shots. (And as others previously mentioned, some of the first touch passing moves by the CPU aren't great but they aren't as prevalent as in the past and often can be defended.)

Also, loads of people are complaining about the CPU difficulty in squad battles - there being way too much bullshit - so look out for EA making changes because of that. We'll see.

On Legendary skill level.

I find the CPU plays first touch passing from defence to attack, which is incredibly difficult to intercept.
They do the super shielding which was in FIFA 16, where they pass to a striker/winger and he will shield the ball and waltz pass whichever player is there to make a perfect throughball or pass.
They win *EVERY* header and in the box this header always ends up in the net.
The CPU shooting in and around the box is lethal even in League 2, it is as if stats don't matter in the slightest on Legendary, they will score with 90% of shots.

I find WC to be very similar to Legendary but the CPU doesn't use any of the above cheats, but also they only score the shots you would actually expect to go in, rather than every shot.

I have not tried Professional yet, as I am having good balanced games on World Class, and never felt cheated for a goal.

This is good news, it annoys me that you have little control on the running of the defence.
I personally feel the game needs some minor tweaks.
FIFA 19 has some great changes and IMO with patching could become the best FIFA in ages.

For those who have the full game :

If you switch off the timed finishing shooting, is it possible to get a low shot off by double tapping the shoot button?

I saw others asking this but can't see any answer to this.
Really hope this is an option, instead of that 3 button combination that always eludes me.

For those who have the full game :

If you switch off the timed finishing shooting, is it possible to get a low shot off by double tapping the shoot button?

I saw others asking this but can't see any answer to this.
Really hope this is an option, instead of that 3 button combination that always eludes me.

I asked this but didn't see a reply. I need the double tap low shot in my life. Can't manage three button presses.

Yes, if you turn of the shooting thing then shooting remains the same as 18.

Nope I think you are wrong. If that was the case everyone would just turn off timed finishing and get the overpowered low driven shot from 18. If you turn off timed finish then the second press will do nothing. Which is the same as pressing the second button after the ball has left the foot.

The ability to turn it off just allows you to stop messing up a shot by accidentally double tapping shoot

90% of goals felt like they were low driven last year so it is a good thing. Just need to build up a new muscle memory!

Nope I think you are wrong. If that was the case everyone would just turn off timed finishing and get the overpowered low driven shot from 18. If you turn off timed finish then the second press will do nothing. Which is the same as pressing the second button after the ball has left the foot.

The ability to turn it off just allows you to stop messing up a shot by accidentally double tapping shoot

90% of goals felt like they were low driven last year so it is a good thing. Just need to build up a new muscle memory!

I'm a 100% offline player, so in my case there was no 90% low driven goals.
I decide myself and it's nowhere near 90%. I do love shooting a low driven one from well out of the box.

The ai certainly wasn't doing it 90%, so going back to the old style would suit me just fine.

Gutted to read the above comments. May holdout getting it now. I remember a couple version back being quite good and I was really enjoying online too. Then they patched it and to was a dribble fest.

You could always get the physical version and turn off automatic updates, I suppose. That's my plan now.

Last edited:
Can now download FIFA ahead of Friday. Go to library, then purchases. Then pick it and click download. It will get 10gb file first then once you have that it will get the rest of the download. As soon as midnight comes on Thursday night it should be playable

We need an eSports version and a football fan's version.

NHL lets you change between patch versions in the sliders bit. Why can't we?

Looking at the eSports guys' feedback (and they're the guys EA care most about), the reality of football and human mistakes (like a defender hitting the ball against a striker and the ball running free across the penalty area) are absolutely not wanted by the eSports guys. If a striker has the ball, he has to score or miss - or the defender has to perform a tackle that is 100% successful.

They're not interested in recreating football - only creating a platform for eSports they can dominate.

This first update is going to ruin the game for me, I can just smell it.

Back
Top Bottom