Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Sounds like tables have turned and the best way to have an pre-day one copy of FIFA 19 is champions edition physical on PS4

plus it'd need to be installed before day one or you think I could get the champs edition in a few months time?

On Legendary skill level.

I find the CPU plays first touch passing from defence to attack, which is incredibly difficult to intercept.
They do the super shielding which was in FIFA 16, where they pass to a striker/winger and he will shield the ball and waltz pass whichever player is there to make a perfect throughball or pass.
They win *EVERY* header and in the box this header always ends up in the net.
The CPU shooting in and around the box is lethal even in League 2, it is as if stats don't matter in the slightest on Legendary, they will score with 90% of shots.

I find WC to be very similar to Legendary but the CPU doesn't use any of the above cheats, but also they only score the shots you would actually expect to go in, rather than every shot.

I have not tried Professional yet, as I am having good balanced games on World Class, and never felt cheated for a goal.

With the exception of shooting being too accurate, can't say I've had these issues. Legendary plays pretty well for me, though the CPU's first touch passing/shooting is a bit too much at times.

Had to set up Ultimate Team for my 74-year-old dad this morning (Ultimate Team is the only reason he plays football games now - I don't get it personally, especially when he gets hammered every game and, when he doesn't, he gets abusive messages like this).

Anyway, with the current online opponents (teams with OVR 80 - ridiculously high without having to put in any work, yet not quite as bad as PES's starting teams), the speed wasn't actually too bad.

However... Nearly every guy he played paused the game as soon as they kicked off.

Reason being - when you choose a formation, you can't adjust player positions manually (EA lock it for fear of people creating really silly overloaded formations). But when you're in a match, if you pause the game, you can adjust them (which makes no sense to me - lock it, or don't).

Loads of 5-3-2 formations that quickly became 3-5-2 formations after the pause/change. Not sure why you wouldn't just choose 3-5-2 from the default list, but clearly there's some exploit in this stuff (everybody seems to be doing it).
Sad story that is. Guess it’s a mirror of the society these days (mainly online).
I believe you can tell him what’s going on these days and he should not be down or something. And most important I hope he sticks with his hobby. Don’t let one stupid individual ruin his private fun.
PRO_TOO is with him! :D
Maybe some “grandpas” in here can connect with him. ;)

I’m on my way back from Munich. The Wiesn was nice. The match not so much.
Need to beat Augsburg and buy F. Götze first when I get home and boot up fifa.
:LMAO:

Ah ! The good old FIFA, where you strategically place your defender for a solid interception, you do exactly that just to have the ball bounce back to your opponent again, while your defender is still recovering from that awkward lunge animation.

Sad story that is. Guess it’s a mirror of the society these days (mainly online).
I believe you can tell him what’s going on these days and he should not be down or something. And most important I hope he sticks with his hobby. Don’t let one stupid individual ruin his private fun.
PRO_TOO is with him! :D
Maybe some “grandpas” in here can connect with him. ;)

I’m on my way back from Munich. The Wiesn was nice. The match not so much.
Need to beat Augsburg and buy F. Götze first when I get home and boot up fifa.
:LMAO:
Because Lewandowski wasn't playing :) You don't have to buy Gotze, just put Lewandowski up front :)

This is what i am hoping. I was reading online today how to turn off auto update on the PS4. The only problem is with the transfer updates but i guess i can do them myself.

Yeah, exactly. If the vanilla game is close to "perfect", that could be one way of doing it. Although, to be fair, in an ideal world, we'd just be able to use whatever patch we want (as in the NHL games), not to mention import/export slider sets. Now, that would be something. :)

Are you sure about this? Shopto has a huge message on the Account page stating:

-----
***IMPORTANT FIFA 19 SHIPPING INFORMATION***

Due to shipping restrictions from EA, Fifa 19 will be shipped on Thursday the 27th September, on time for the Friday 28th September launch date.
-----
Fair enough if it has been posted, just seems weird they would go to the trouble of putting that up to then do something different.

(I'm only making this point so I don't spend tonight acting like a kid on Christmas Eve by managing my own postage expectations as I have become well and truly smitten with the demo).
SimplyGames dispatched mine this morning.

Play on World Class, I find it has the best balance this year for an enjoyable game.

But are you playing on semi-manual or full manual? If you play assisted, how do you find the difficulty this year compared to last year? I'll get to play myself soon enough, of course, just so bored with writing my exam and nursing my sick wife, I need a distraction, haha. :p

But are you playing on semi-manual or full manual? If you play assisted, how do you find the difficulty this year compared to last year? I'll get to play myself soon enough, of course, just so bored with writing my exam and nursing my sick wife, I need a distraction, haha. :p

i play full assists (its a game after all) and im really enjoying the gameplay this year especially as when you balance out the gameplay you can’t play ping pong with anyone even on assisted

I can tell you, it's tougher than last year for sure, even on all default settings. It's been a while since I've lost/tied this many games in FIFA.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak passing a bit. Even on assisted, I'm averaging only in the low 80s most games and I'm playing with elite teams at the moment. But yeah, attacking play is definitely more difficult this year, no doubt.

The CPU is more lethal this year too, though mostly it seems like it's from too high of shot accuracy on their part. There was a lot of feedback in the beta forums about it being too easy, and it kinda feels like they reacted by just bumping up CPU shot accuracy and their tendency for first time shots.

The run of play on Legendary feels a tad too easy for me, but CPU will score from first time shots quite a bit. On one hand I'm tempted to bump up to Ultimate difficulty but I'll probably need to address the CPU shooting with sliders. The only other complaint I have is I wish the CPU was a tad more aggressive taking you on the dribble (which is one of the reasons I might go up to Ultimate).

i play full assists (its a game after all) and im really enjoying the gameplay this year especially as when you balance out the gameplay you can’t play ping pong with anyone even on assisted

You can ping pong the ball on full assist. That is precisely why I quit playing FIFA 19 online it is a ping pong fest against full auto players

Even on the FIFA Reddit (which is full of FUT players), the view seems to be that it's one of the best FIFAs ever.

That place is usually absolutely toxic, with tons of (correct) complaints about the game. So far, everyone's like "yeah, I'm struggling to win easily, and it feels great".

This talk of a day one patch is really scaring me.

Even on the FIFA Reddit (which is full of FUT players), the view seems to be that it's one of the best FIFAs ever.

That place is usually absolutely toxic, with tons of (correct) complaints about the game. So far, everyone's like "yeah, I'm struggling to win easily, and it feels great".

The Fifa sub reddit should be well monitored by them. I think they'll take into account the fact people over there is satisfied.. no?

By the way, patches can be powerful and we know that, but I guess there is still an extent on which they can completely turn the core of the game. I see them maybe sped up things or something to that extent (which could be at least in part mitigated with sliders by us), but I'm inclined to think that tactics relevance, randomness on the field and the other important things of this year would pretty much stay.. or maybe I'm just too optimistic?

I can tell you, it's tougher than last year for sure, even on all default settings. It's been a while since I've lost/tied this many games in FIFA.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak passing a bit. Even on assisted, I'm averaging only in the low 80s most games and I'm playing with elite teams at the moment. But yeah, attacking play is definitely more difficult this year, no doubt.

The CPU is more lethal this year too, though mostly it seems like it's from too high of shot accuracy on their part. There was a lot of feedback in the beta forums about it being too easy, and it kinda feels like they reacted by just bumping up CPU shot accuracy and their tendency for first time shots.

The run of play on Legendary feels a tad too easy for me, but CPU will score from first time shots quite a bit. On one hand I'm tempted to bump up to Ultimate difficulty but I'll probably need to address the CPU shooting with sliders. The only other complaint I have is I wish the CPU was a tad more aggressive taking you on the dribble (which is one of the reasons I might go up to Ultimate).

Sounds excellent! Thanks, guys. I'll be following your sliders, goalgerd - I think your's from last year were the ones I got the most mileage out of, so hopefully we have a similar taste for how the game should play.

but I'm inclined to think that tactics relevance, randomness on the field and the other important things of this year would pretty much stay.. or maybe I'm just too optimistic?
That "randomness" (e.g. the 50/50 balls) are one of the big complaints from the eSports and hardcore-FUT guys. In the "give us your gameplay feedback" tweet, someone posted this video where they try to win the ball from a striker and the ball bobbles free, so that the striker manages to get a cross in.

It looked great to me - but his complaint is along the lines of "it's impossible to win the ball and clear it" (he wasn't trying to clear it, he was trying to spam a pass out and launch a counter).

He got over 100 "likes" - the second-most in the thread.

So I'd say that "randomness" could easily, easily be removed from the game.

These guys just want FIFA 18 back, because they were used to it and could win. That's it.

That "randomness" (e.g. the 50/50 balls) are one of the big complaints from the eSports and hardcore-FUT guys. In the "give us your gameplay feedback" tweet, someone posted this video where they try to win the ball from a striker and the ball bobbles free, so that the striker manages to get a cross in.

It looked great to me - but his complaint is along the lines of "it's impossible to win the ball and clear it" (he wasn't trying to clear it, he was trying to spam a pass out and launch a counter).

These guys just want FIFA 18 back, because they were used to it and could win. That's it.

I see, and you could be right of course. But I can't either imagine them working (presumably hard as it isn't an easy thing to implement like, at all) on a new feature only to cut it out completely after a few complaints while the game isn't even fully out.

I guess we'll have to wait the first patch and then the first weeks, after all it was clear since the beginning that we would have to hold our breath for patch changes all season long.

I dunno, it's pretty divided on Reddit. Lots of people not happy about the AI defending (which actually has been nerfed somewhat since the beta) and pace.

Well I do agree that that's an issue - it's still happening too often that a tackle results in the ball going back to the attacker. It's not really about randomness - and that word is getting thrown around a lot, mostly incorrectly - it's about expectations, and when you put in what should be a successful tackle, you expect to dispossess the attacker. But as things are now, often the attacker is quicker to get to the loose ball and it ain't right. It seems a little better than last year but not by much.

I do think people have a point about the "randomness" going on. There's issues with shot types not matching your input (EA have already acknowledged this), of passing picking out the wrong target, a through pass going to a different spot than you intended. And then there's the issue you've highlighted where deflections lead to odd ball physics. Things like that.

The ball size is also a problem to my taste. It may was too small in the demo but it's too big in the full game feels like playing Rocket League lol

I do think people have a point about the "randomness" going on. There's issues with shot types not matching your input (EA have already acknowledged this), of passing picking out the wrong target, a through pass going to a different spot than you intended. And then there's the issue you've highlighted where deflections lead to odd ball physics. Things like that.
I've hit unexpected side-footers - then looked back at a replay and realised why the player would do that.

The only area I've felt any real "targeting" issue is when it comes to crossing - I nearly always hit crosses to the far post (and beyond), when I'm trying to hit the guy in the middle.

Sounds excellent! Thanks, guys. I'll be following your sliders, goalgerd - I think your's from last year were the ones I got the most mileage out of, so hopefully we have a similar taste for how the game should play.

im an old school pes player , so my sliders are trying to recreate the magic of the old games, this fifa is the closest EA have come with stats actually having an impact

Why on earth have they reduced the already paltry amount of Career Mode saves (previously 8 or 10?) to 4? Why is there a limit at all.

Not sure if you guys have seen, but Mr. Zaro with EA is asking for feedback on gameplay. A lot of gut reactions saying defending is OP and other nonsense...please read through it, I included my own thoughts as well:

Dear god the state of that thread :LOL: people actually want worse AI? Maybe Konami are onto something after all!

Personal highlights must include 'Pro' players struggling to comprehend Timed Finishing... it's pressing a button twice within a timeframe... 'Pro' player? :LOL:

Why on earth have they reduced the already paltry amount of Career Mode saves (previously 8 or 10?) to 4? Why is there a limit at all.

This one threw me off as well. I usually test sliders in about 6-8 different leagues, and I could only get to 4 saved CMs. Going to be overwriting a couple now unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom