Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I've hit unexpected side-footers - then looked back at a replay and realised why the player would do that.

The only area I've felt any real "targeting" issue is when it comes to crossing - I nearly always hit crosses to the far post (and beyond), when I'm trying to hit the guy in the middle.

Well the side foot shot is an issue, has been acknowledged by EA, and should be fixed in the first patch. So even if on replay it looks okay, it's still not working as it should.

For target acquisition, I'm just pointing out the common complaint. And I've watched replays on some of my misses, and based on where I targeted (having the trainer on during the replays) the ball is going to the wrong player. I wouldn't say target acquisition is a massive problem by any means, but when it's added up to the other things mentioned, it does lead to I think that feeling of randomness that people are complaining about.

im an old school pes player , so my sliders are trying to recreate the magic of the old games, this fifa is the closest EA have come with stats actually having an impact

That's great to hear. One of my pet peeves with football games these past few years, many stats having basically no impact on how the players play.

But jeezus... you cannot afford to give the CPU shooting chances in this game, at least on Legendary. I just got creamed by Atl Madrid 6-1 playing as Liverpool.

This is what I get for bitching about it being too easy in the beta lol

That's great to hear. One of my pet peeves with football games these past few years, many stats having basically no impact on how the players play.

ive been testing the different levels of teams (1 star, 3 star and 5 star) and theres a huge gulf in terms of first touch, passing accuracy and everything else youd expect, the game feels really hard using a 1 star team even just to pass the ball around just as it should while you can string together amazing moves with a 5 star team

ive been testing the different levels of teams (1 star, 3 star and 5 star) and theres a huge gulf in terms of first touch, passing accuracy and everything else youd expect, the game feels really hard using a 1 star team even just to pass the ball around just as it should while you can string together amazing moves with a 5 star team

Sweet! Sounds like the good ol' PES I used to love well over 10 years back. :D Do you also notice this discrepancy playing against these teams? Say you play as a 5 star team against a 2 star team, is it noticably different from playing as a 5 star team against a 4 star team, say?

But are you playing on semi-manual or full manual? If you play assisted, how do you find the difficulty this year compared to last year? I'll get to play myself soon enough, of course, just so bored with writing my exam and nursing my sick wife, I need a distraction, haha. :p

I play on Semi.

Played on Full-Auto on Legendary for one game and was 3-0 up after 20 minutes, so turned it off.

Sweet! Sounds like the good ol' PES I used to love well over 10 years back. :D Do you also notice this discrepancy playing against these teams? Say you play as a 5 star team against a 2 star team, is it noticably different from playing as a 5 star team against a 4 star team, say?

yes you absolutely hammer the weaker teams with a stronger team

only problem im having now after testing this for the last 2 days is the ball doesn’t bobble on the grass like it should when you play a ground pass, it rolls on the pitch too perfectly like its a solid metal marble on a glass floor, if EA could just make the ball more bouncy and loose then id say this game was perfect

only problem im having now after testing this for the last 2 days is the ball doesn’t bobble on the grass like it should when you play a ground pass, it rolls on the pitch too perfectly like its a solid metal marble on a glass floor, if EA could just make the ball more bouncy and loose then id say this game was perfect
That's not something you'll ever fix with a slider, that's a conscious decision by EA. It smacks of a comment someone's made about bobbling passes being too slow (urgh) or pros being able to pass the ball without the ball bobbling, as if they're wizards or something (URGH).

Giggsy.png

Ruud1.png

giphy.gif

Blessed be the ability to use Icons in offline (on PC).

I still need to grab a copy for console so I can play with my Pro Club friendos.

Why on earth have they reduced the already paltry amount of Career Mode saves (previously 8 or 10?) to 4? Why is there a limit at all.

This one threw me off as well. I usually test sliders in about 6-8 different leagues, and I could only get to 4 saved CMs. Going to be overwriting a couple now unfortunately.

It'll be back to 8 with the "retail version" apparently.

Giggsy.png

Ruud1.png

giphy.gif

Blessed be the ability to use Icons in offline (on PC).

I still need to grab a copy for console so I can play with my Pro Club friendos.

so its like myclub - you unlock icons in FUT and take them offline?

are there any spurs icons?

okay just seen .......lineker and sol campbell. pfffffff

can someone pls explain the new shooting option, what is it I actually do?

You hit shoot like you'd normally do. Then - if you'd like; it's totally optional - you can then tap shoot again a second time to attempt a timed finished shot. If your second tap of the shot button corresponds with the player making contact with the ball, you'll then be treated to a super duper shot, though it's no guarantee that it'll equal a goal.

If you use the trainer, a power bar will be above your player's head when you attempt a shot and you'll then time it for when it's in the middle, the green area. If you're spot on, it'll flash green; if you're a little off, it'll flash yellow; if you're way off it'll flash red. Shots when you mistime the second button press and the indicator flashes red result in wonderfully horrible scuffed shots.

If you don't leave the trainer on, you just have to time the second button press with the animation. The player arrow will still flash either red, yellow, or green indicating how you did.

I recommend playing around with timed finishing for long shots but anything close or a sure thing you shouldn't bother. Some people recommend it for headers too but I've not really tried that.

Personally I'm really enjoying the feature, really just for all the scuffed shots you get when you miss!

But jeezus... you cannot afford to give the CPU shooting chances in this game, at least on Legendary. I just got creamed by Atl Madrid 6-1 playing as Liverpool.

This is what I get for bitching about it being too easy in the beta lol

Well , game is not easy , especially if you play as 3 star teams against top AI teams. i struggle to create one or two goal chance when playing as low rated team. I was destroyed 5-0 by AI Liverpool today . Fifa 19 is well balanced -def / attack . You can still outrun very slow defender(60 speed) with top speed wingers like Hazard or Salah on ball but when defender has 70 speed stat and your winger has only 80 speed then defender will get you very fast. i think EA solved this problem in very realistic way. My only complain is not enough fouls and bicycle kicks - almost every match i can see at least one :/

You hit shoot like you'd normally do. Then - if you'd like; it's totally optional - you can then tap shoot again a second time to attempt a timed finished shot. If your second tap of the shot button corresponds with the player making contact with the ball, you'll then be treated to a super duper shot, though it's no guarantee that it'll equal a goal.

If you use the trainer, a power bar will be above your player's head when you attempt a shot and you'll then time it for when it's in the middle, the green area. If you're spot on, it'll flash green; if you're a little off, it'll flash yellow; if you're way off it'll flash red. Shots when you mistime the second button press and the indicator flashes red result in wonderfully horrible scuffed shots.

If you don't leave the trainer on, you just have to time the second button press with the animation. The player arrow will still flash either red, yellow, or green indicating how you did.

I recommend playing around with timed finishing for long shots but anything close or a sure thing you shouldn't bother. Some people recommend it for headers too but I've not really tried that.

Personally I'm really enjoying the feature, really just for all the scuffed shots you get when you miss!
thanks my man....I always turn it off in pause menu but I'm going to try it when game releases :)

One thing that has bugged me with FIFA over the years - the attendance is always full! It's always a packed crowd. Has this been fixed in Fifa 19? Let's say you play a shitty preseason match, are there sometimes a bit of a subdued atmosphere and less people there? Considering how good they are on everything presentation-wise, it's a bit of an odd omission, considering PES has had it for years and years.

Back
Top Bottom