Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Had to set up Ultimate Team for my 74-year-old dad this morning (Ultimate Team is the only reason he plays football games now - I don't get it personally, especially when he gets hammered every game and, when he doesn't, he gets abusive messages like this).

Anyway, with the current online opponents (teams with OVR 80 - ridiculously high without having to put in any work, yet not quite as bad as PES's starting teams), the speed wasn't actually too bad.

However... Nearly every guy he played paused the game as soon as they kicked off.

Reason being - when you choose a formation, you can't adjust player positions manually (EA lock it for fear of people creating really silly overloaded formations). But when you're in a match, if you pause the game, you can adjust them (which makes no sense to me - lock it, or don't).

Loads of 5-3-2 formations that quickly became 3-5-2 formations after the pause/change. Not sure why you wouldn't just choose 3-5-2 from the default list, but clearly there's some exploit in this stuff (everybody seems to be doing it).

I’m really confused when people are saying it’s too easy even on the highest difficulty. I’ve been playing football games since the Commodore 64 and there’s no way I can call this or any other recent Fifa game too easy. Unless you’ve found an exploit that guarantees a goal during every attack, there’s no way this is beatable all the time.

Don't know what to tell you. FIFA 18 was far too easy. In the beta forums, it was the biggest complaint amongst CM players. I ain't nothin special - plenty of people have found FIFA to be not challenging enough in recent years.

I've only played one match, which I lost 4-2 on Legendary, so hopefully this year will be different.

First impression is this plays better than the demo, which I didn't really enjoy. I'm fine with gamespeed, playing on Normal. No problems with pace so far. Still feels too easy to exploit the flanks but passing has more error which is nice to see. Left stick dribbling has seen one of the biggest changes from last year and it does feel really good in the release version.

The problem I've found with playing full manual, is that it's obviously more difficult to attack, which is good, but it's just as easy to defend, and especially if you have to lower the difficulty (I need to play professional to be able to just get a shot at goal in full manual). At least in 18 that was a problem. Attacking got more difficult and rewarding, but defending was even easier. I played a season on full manual professional and think I conceded something like 10 league goals in the Championship. Hopefully it'll be better in fifa 19 though!

The problem is that the CPU is very poor at attacking in
Don't know what to tell you. FIFA 18 was far too easy. In the beta forums, it was the biggest complaint amongst CM players. I ain't nothin special - plenty of people have found FIFA to be not challenging enough in recent years.

I've only played one match, which I lost 4-2 on Legendary, so hopefully this year will be different.

First impression is this plays better than the demo, which I didn't really enjoy. I'm fine with gamespeed, playing on Normal. No problems with pace so far. Still feels too easy to exploit the flanks but passing has more error which is nice to see. Left stick dribbling has seen one of the biggest changes from last year and it does feel really good in the release version.

FIFA 19 is a lot more difficult than FIFA 18, however I find this is mainly down to the CPU using Super Human cheats than it actually being much better.

I find that on Legendary the CPU is lethal in front of goal, 90% of the shots they have will end up in the back of the net.
This does not happen on World Class.

The last Career Mode in any game [PES and FIFA] I last enjoyed was FIFA 16, before that FIFA 14 and PES 2013.

I am really....reallly excited for Career Mode in FIFA 19 after watching videos and reading your first impressions.

Please dont let me down EA.....I need a Career Mode to keep me going for the year.

FIFA 19 is a lot more difficult than FIFA 18, however I find this is mainly down to the CPU using Super Human cheats than it actually being much better.

I find that on Legendary the CPU is lethal in front of goal, 90% of the shots they have will end up in the back of the net.
This does not happen on World Class.

Yep, they sure did up the difficulty. I've actually gotten creamed in a couple matches which NEVER happened in the beta or demo (or in FIFA 18).

You're absolutely right about the CPU in front of goal. They are crazy lethal. Too lethal probably, especially with their first time shots, though I want to give myself time to get used to the game before jumping to conclusions.

Aside from their high accurate shots I haven't noticed feeling cheated though. How do you mean Super Human cheats? I'm not seeing that.

Yep, they sure did up the difficulty. I've actually gotten creamed in a couple matches which NEVER happened in the beta or demo (or in FIFA 18).

You're absolutely right about the CPU in front of goal. They are crazy lethal. Too lethal probably, especially with their first time shots, though I want to give myself time to get used to the game before jumping to conclusions.

Aside from their high accurate shots I haven't noticed feeling cheated though. How do you mean Super Human cheats? I'm not seeing that.
What is Ultimate Difficulty like on full version? And without sliders [I'm not interested in messing with them, I always play game 'out of the box'.]

What is Ultimate Difficulty like on full version? And without sliders [I'm not interested in messing with them, I always play game 'out of the box'.]

Dunno yet. Ultimate isn't available in kick off and I've just been playing UCL ties.

But playing as Man City I just got beat by Spurs 6-1. So... yeah, it's definitely harder so far this year. And considering CM is usually more difficult than kickoff matches, and I've yet to play on Ultimate...

There's quite a lot to still get used to but early on it feels like the challenge is there this year. Is the balance too far on the side of the CPU being cheaty? I haven't felt that but we'll see as time goes by but the only issue I have at the moment is the CPU's first time shots. (And as others previously mentioned, some of the first touch passing moves by the CPU aren't great but they aren't as prevalent as in the past and often can be defended.)

Also, loads of people are complaining about the CPU difficulty in squad battles - there being way too much bullshit - so look out for EA making changes because of that. We'll see.

He means the video is only playing in (or available in) 720p.
Not that the game actually plays in 720p... The game goes up to 4K.

I'm also surprised how FIFA's graphics are so scrutinised when PES fans have said for years that graphics don't matter (may also be a coincidence that PES now has fantastic graphics - which aren't supposed to matter, yet they get huge praise)...

PES has the better graphics, I don't think there's much argument there.

I can not agree with You because I’m Pes fan and for me graphics always was important many years before Pes was produced until today. Its not only graphics like poor lighting, player models with spagetti legs, grass textur,steel nets
but typical gameplay issues like ball physics( hockey roller with fast speed) and acrobatic not realistic keepers saves( crazy circus acrabatics saves) , poor individuality exist in FIFA 19. AI+licenses+atmosphere is still not enough to say that FIFA 19 has good gameplay in my opionion. I played FIFA since 1996.

Had to set up Ultimate Team for my 74-year-old dad this morning (Ultimate Team is the only reason he plays football games now - I don't get it personally, especially when he gets hammered every game and, when he doesn't, he gets abusive messages like this).

Anyway, with the current online opponents (teams with OVR 80 - ridiculously high without having to put in any work, yet not quite as bad as PES's starting teams), the speed wasn't actually too bad.

However... Nearly every guy he played paused the game as soon as they kicked off.

Reason being - when you choose a formation, you can't adjust player positions manually (EA lock it for fear of people creating really silly overloaded formations). But when you're in a match, if you pause the game, you can adjust them (which makes no sense to me - lock it, or don't).

Loads of 5-3-2 formations that quickly became 3-5-2 formations after the pause/change. Not sure why you wouldn't just choose 3-5-2 from the default list, but clearly there's some exploit in this stuff (everybody seems to be doing it).
That's awful about the abuse but your Dad at 74 playing FIFA is fucking great. I hope I still play console games at that ages! Good on him!

I'm also surprised how FIFA's graphics are so scrutinised when PES fans have said for years that graphics don't matter (may also be a coincidence that PES now has fantastic graphics - which aren't supposed to matter, yet they get huge praise).
You're absolutely right; no coincidence whatsoever. Graphics don't matter until PES's are better so then they do.
Same with licences; they don't matter until PES signs a favourable licensing deal and then they matter a lot.

Sorry, I know it's not the comparison thread, and I also know that many FIFA fans also take a similar approach to that, but it really bugs me that people can't look at both games objectively.

On default, pretty difficulty from my experience. CPU is just more clinical in a lot of areas. A bit unrealistic on the ball, but their over-marking off the ball makes it easy, at times, to quickly pass through them. Although the keepers are quite good too, so there's that.

this is what my gameplay sliders look like with the AI (was definitely looking for that old school pes feel)

link in my sig
Oh my God nothing Pes is here....more than 2500 matches on Pes5/6 on my side. First goal and look keeper animation. How he used hands. Its crazy and not realistic what he did with hands.

Last edited:
There are some majors bugs in that FIFA 19.
*I didn't noticed player been tired after playing many matches
*no injuries either,
*Can't replay a match on Carrier mode
*No alternative/historicals shirts
My main strikers out for 2 months didn’t touch sliders either. Plus had the odd week injury from others too

poor individuality exist in FIFA 19.

Time to give it a rest already, yes we know you love PES, hate Fifa, same every year, to say the individuality is poor in Fifa is silly and blind, it's reached the point where player individuality and team individuality is far superior in Fifa.

*Can't replay a match on Carrier mode
*No alternative/historicals shirts

I checked and you're right about the shirts, very odd, wonder if they'll be added in later. Replay isn't an unlockable anymore it's given (or not) based on your career mode experience apparently, every time I start a new career mode it is shown as unlocked for me based on previous experience or whatever.

this is what my gameplay sliders look like with the AI (was definitely looking for that old school pes feel)

link in my sig

Lovely vid, thanks for sharing.
Do notice again that sometimes player gets a shot of way too quickly. Feet not even planted and animation goes immediately from receiving the ball to shooting.
It's in this vid around the 5:15 mark.

Also seeing the ball go up way too high whenever it gets crushed between you and the opponent.

Not gamebreaking in any way, but some of those situations look sloppy. Especially when a lot of things look so damn good.

I can not agree with You because I’m Pes fan and for me graphics always was important many years before Pes was produced until today. Its not only graphics like poor lighting, player models with spagetti legs, grass textur,steel nets
but typical gameplay issues like ball physics( hockey roller with fast speed) and acrobatic not realistic keepers saves( crazy circus acrabatics saves) , poor individuality exist in FIFA 19. AI+licenses+atmosphere is still not enough to say that FIFA 19 has good gameplay in my opionion. I played FIFA since 1996.
Again with the hyperbole dude! You put everything down as if it's fact.

PES graphics are good. I also like FIFA's [is that allowed?]

But PES presentation and menus are like something from a video game in 2005. Sound effects and crowd chants are terrible still.

Also, FIFA has plenty of individuality, take off the PES tinted glasses....and what is hockey roller? Not sure I understand.

You love PES, we get it. But FIFA 19 is shaping up to be a damn good game whilst your beloved PES is full of game breaking bugs which 100s of people are complaining about.

May I ask...have you even played FIFA 19 full game?

@Placebo
You are wrong. Its not true that i hate FIFA and love Pes. I show what i dont like in FIFA and what i like. The same with PES. Pes and FIFA have issues but have good stuff too. Its not love or hate but objective view.
Placebo does make a good point. You seem to spend a lot of time, energy and passion being negative about FIFA whilst 'PES can improve' going from your posts.

Why can't FIFA improve then? Because you're holding onto the hope that Konami will patch the hell out of PES 2019 to make it playable. I've got news for you...they won't.

Edit:- @Chris Davies Fair enough sorry...had my say on the matter I wont reply to him again :)

Some facts.The biggest hater of FIFA 19 on Evo-Web Lons.
1. Great atmosphere
2. Superb chants
3. Superb package
4. Animations good enough
5. Shooting good enough
6. Good AI
7. Good keepers AI
8. Nice menus
9. Some good scan faces
10. Good cutscene
11. Very good commentary
12. Good drybling
13. Good collision
14. Good camera setting
15. Nice crowd

1. Awful player models/spagetti legs
2. Ugly grass texture
3. Poor lighting
4. Not good ball physics/to fast
5. Dont like passing
6. Keepers animations are circus acrobatic
7. Physics nets are not good/steel
8. Individuality is not good enough for me.

What are you talking about that i hate FIFA? Played FIFA since 95/96. You have problem to understand me.

Back
Top Bottom