Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Couple more videos, nothing major - just a few small things I like.

Nice shot and nice save - followed by a poor corner. But what I really like is how free the ball is - where I stretched to receive a pass and just couldn't reach it around the 35s mark:

This one, I just love the looseness of the ball again, where the striker ends up with the ball behind him around the 30s mark:

They look a little fast but in-game they don't seem it. I'm working on some sliders at the minute (which the above videos are based on), a beta version of which can be found below...

Experimental sliders for those who play on 6-minute (default) or 7-minute halves, with assisted controls in mind (for semi or manual, drop the difficulty to Professional and reduce AI pass error to 55):

Game Speed: Normal
Difficulty: World Class

Sprint Speed: U56/C55
Acceleration: U47/C47
Shot Error: U51/C49
Pass Error: U52/C62
Shot Speed: U49/C49
Pass Speed: U46/C46
Inj Frequency: U72/C72
Inj Severity: U62/C62
GK Ability: U51/C51
Marking: U46/C46
Run Freq: U40/C40
Line Height: U50/C50
Line Length: U50/C50
Line Width: U50/C50
Fullbacks: U60/C60
First Touch Error: U60/C60

I think the next thing I'm going to try is "slow" and upping acceleration, to force more fatigue without the game suddenly being too fast (for me, "slow" on default sliders is too slow, with the fastest players restricted).

Would love to see more fouls but I'm struggling to "encourage" them...

What difficulty level are you playing on? I ask because I'd love it if the final release was more difficult. Playing the beta, I rarely scored less than 2 goals a game, and that was on Ultimate (in my beta CM, I wasn't held to a single clean sheet - out of 100+ matches, not a single one). I guess I'll find out tomorrow but being too easy again is my biggest concern.

Also, I didn't see you answer about your choice to play with giving the user a pace advantage in your sliders. I didn't experience an issue in the beta and demo - has anything changed for the full release?

I'm playing on World Class for home matches, Legendary/Ultimate for away matches. Haven't played as much Ultimate to be honest, but when I did play, it's actually not bad at all. CPU is a bit more clinical in their finishing and passing - but that's about it.

Regarding the discrepancies on Legendary/Ultimate is mainly because by default at 50's the user's players just seem always behind the play, they are never favorites to get to the ball first. In addition, the CPU tends to chase and catch up with the user very easily, I think @Chris Davies felt the same way where he had Sprint at 60 for the user.

What I also like about this discrepancy is how the CPU reacts when you do get past them, they go for some desperate tackles, and the animations that appear are fantastic. I've got a couple here:

Question for those that have full game....is the AI everything that the other game isn't?
Long shots
Dribbling
Different ways of playing
Not turning back when facing goal
Keeper comes offline

Yes, all of the above.

You just gave my FIFA 19 a boost. Fantastic description of what is important in a football game!

I guess you are feeling these things without sliders also?

Yes, even on default it plays a great game. My issue is the CPU just bombards forward with that default run frequency at 50. It's EA misunderstanding that frequency should be changed to "amount" because it's not how often the runs occur, but how many join in on off-the-ball runs. The other values are ones that we have been working on, the irony is that the current set posted is actually completely based on our ending set for FIFA 16. That's how much of a testament that 19 is, the fact that it can be approached with the likes of FIFA 16 in mind.

Is it better to play on 30 fps or 60 fps on pc ? Do you think 30 fps is better with this game ? I have 1080ti and it is ok with 60 fps but just being curious is there any difference in the feeling of gameplay ?

BTW this is the best football game I have ever played (pes 5, pes 6 and mostly we9le lover here). The randomness and unpredictability is out of this world...

If we only imagine now how fifa will become on ps5 and xbox one 2...crazy times we have ahead. Especially when it comes to physics of the ball, players, collisions etc as this time I am sure that processors will make a huge jump on next gens.

Anyway we have now fifa 19 and seriously, best football game I ever played but still I hope EA will fix all the bugs which we know about already.

Personally I like 30 FPS because I can't stand 60 FPS, in general, for sports. Whether I'm watching them or playing them in a video game. To me, it looks like the players are completely disconnected and almost too animated. FIFA's hyper animations don't help this, so from an aesthetic point of view the 30 FPS choice works wonders for me.

What I also like about this discrepancy is how the CPU reacts when you do get past them, they go for some desperate tackles, and the animations that appear are fantastic. I've got a couple here:

They are examples of exactly what I'm struggling to implement.

Do you think they're caused by the AI having lower speed or lower acceleration? Or both?

Do you think they're caused by the AI having lower speed or lower acceleration? Or both?

Primarily a product of low marking. In those videos, the marking was at 40. On default, or near 50, the CPU is geared to get ball-to-foot contact as much as possible. So the combination of the marking under 50 + sprint, or accel, discrepancies, creates that sense of bridging the gap between players - and when those players interact the CPU will not be 100% perfect with their ball-to-foot contact.

I'm still finding another way to go about it though. I've moved marking to 48 and it has now helped the CPU defense a lot more, but they're also back to getting good contact in their tackles. Delicate balance when we try to get the cake and eat it too - or something to that effect :)

I'm playing on World Class for home matches, Legendary/Ultimate for away matches. Haven't played as much Ultimate to be honest, but when I did play, it's actually not bad at all. CPU is a bit more clinical in their finishing and passing - but that's about it.

Regarding the discrepancies on Legendary/Ultimate is mainly because by default at 50's the user's players just seem always behind the play, they are never favorites to get to the ball first. In addition, the CPU tends to chase and catch up with the user very easily, I think @Chris Davies felt the same way where he had Sprint at 60 for the user.

Cool, thanks for the response. Yeah, my experience with the beta was Ultimate was definitely not bad in the traditional sense of "cheaty" difficulty settings but still was too easy. Both games still aren't there yet with providing challenging single player gameplay without resorting to bullshit AI play. FIFA got rid of a lot of the BS, but that's also probably why it's easier than PES.

When I finally play the release version tomorrow, guess I'll see about the speed thing. Personally I didn't notice this issue you mention, of always being behind the play. I also saw examples of those fouls on default for me (in fact my first game in the demo was the CPU pulling me down in the box for an instant red and PK).

My concern with the speed offset is the game is simply already too easy for some of us. While I'd love for there to be more fouls, making it even easier couldn't be part of the solution for me.

The nerfing of pace this year is definitely a big change, though so far I'm on the side that thinks it's more realistic and like the change. IRL dribblers are caught all the time from behind, so I don't see that as an issue. The only problem for me would be if the CPU is catching you from behind but you can't do that to the CPU.

Well they're definitely not caused by lower speed or acceleration, cause I experienced those fouls in both the beta and demo playing at all default. I would imagine you're just making it easier to beat the CPU, and that's what leads to the fouls.

In real life, pacey players are never pacey all the time they are playing and sprinting. There will be 2-4 times max per match where a player hits their max pace. Also on the ball pace should be reduced against off the ball players and fast defenders should be able to catch up with fast attackers 80% of the time due to that. However one issue I have seen on countless of FIFA videos that have existed since FIFA 18 is that the acceleration seems way too slow for every player. It seems like they are trying to accelerate from the quick sand. I think it might be down to the animation and skipping frames but it looks really unnatural.

Look at this for example. The animation doesn't match up with the player movement speed and it makes the player look like they are running on the treadmill(Look at the player on the red):

zxtxJ9n.gif

It just looks like all players have 0 acceleration.

Can't believe the game I've just had on the demo. I usually find the A.I incredibly easy on Fifa Legendary. Just got battered by PSG ( Me City ) 4-1 and I have never enjoyed getting hammered so much. All their goals were different and Neymar score a great individual solo run, Mbappe a scissor kick. I have never enjoyed a a Fifa match so much. Looking forward to the release Friday now. Feel like going back on now which is a great feeling. Didn't really enjoy it at first but now I keep playing it. I'm glad I did, because this year at the moment, they've made a cracking game.

A movie ticket in most places costs 1/4 the cost of a video game and provides usually around 2 hours of entertainment with zero re-sale value. Many if not most of us will get 100+ (if not 1,000+) hours of entertainment from FIFA.

Relative to other forms of entertainment, including other games that you might play once for 30-50 hours and discard, it's hard to argue that it isn't a great value.
Well, for the reasons I stated in my original post, compared to a physical copy it isn't good value.

Cool, thanks for the response. Yeah, my experience with the beta was Ultimate was definitely not bad in the traditional sense of "cheaty" difficulty settings but still was too easy. Both games still aren't there yet with providing challenging single player gameplay without resorting to bullshit AI play. FIFA got rid of a lot of the BS, but that's also probably why it's easier than PES.

When I finally play the release version tomorrow, guess I'll see about the speed thing. Personally I didn't notice this issue you mention, of always being behind the play. I also saw examples of those fouls on default for me (in fact my first game in the demo was the CPU pulling me down in the box for an instant red and PK).

My concern with the speed offset is the game is simply already too easy for some of us. While I'd love for there to be more fouls, making it even easier couldn't be part of the solution for me.

The nerfing of pace this year is definitely a big change, though so far I'm on the side that thinks it's more realistic and like the change. IRL dribblers are caught all the time from behind, so I don't see that as an issue. The only problem for me would be if the CPU is catching you from behind but you can't do that to the CPU.

Well they're definitely not caused by lower speed or acceleration, cause I experienced those fouls in both the beta and demo playing at all default. I would imagine you're just making it easier to beat the CPU, and that's what leads to the fouls.

I’m really confused when people are saying it’s too easy even on the highest difficulty. I’ve been playing football games since the Commodore 64 and there’s no way I can call this or any other recent Fifa game too easy. Unless you’ve found an exploit that guarantees a goal during every attack, there’s no way this is beatable all the time.

whats this crap at the start of the game, i don’t care about ronaldo in the champions league final i just want to edit the stadiums (luckily im off until next monday!)

Can't believe the game I've just had on the demo. I usually find the A.I incredibly easy on Fifa Legendary. Just got battered by PSG ( Me City ) 4-1 and I have never enjoyed getting hammered so much. All their goals were different and Neymar score a great individual solo run, Mbappe a scissor kick. I have never enjoyed a a Fifa match so much. Looking forward to the release Friday now. Feel like going back on now which is a great feeling. Didn't really enjoy it at first but now I keep playing it. I'm glad I did, because this year at the moment, they've made a cracking game.

I couldn't into the demo due to game speed being waaaaaaay too fast - unless it was human v human.
Playing with big teams on normal without sliders is unplayable for me.
Much more encourage by videos and comments about the full game being much slower on slow.
If I read that slow wasn't thst slow I'd cancel pre-order in a millisecond.

There are some majors bugs in that FIFA 19.
*I didn't noticed player been tired after playing many matches
*no injuries either,
*Can't replay a match on Carrier mode
*No alternative/historicals shirts

Last edited:
the correct names of them and teams having a stadium that looks like their real one, check my sig for the full list

on another note EA have blocked usb keyboard support on the ps4 again this year......

Thank you. It will take some time. Do you know if it will change in an existing career? Have you chosed stadiums as close to the real ones as possible. I guess that there isn't any problems in the "South American" inspired stadiums in Serie A fx?

I’m really confused when people are saying it’s too easy even on the highest difficulty. I’ve been playing football games since the Commodore 64 and there’s no way I can call this or any other recent Fifa game too easy. Unless you’ve found an exploit that guarantees a goal during every attack, there’s no way this is beatable all the time.
I disagree completely. FIFA 17 and 18 were far too easy on Legendary difficulty in Career Mode...just look at Reddit or EA forums, there were loads of complaints about it.

I played as Leeds United and had them top of the Premier League after 2 seasons without even breaking sweat.

Difficulty is a big factor for me in FIFA 19....if its too easy, I am returning it.

Thankfully I have been watching MGH youtube career videos for fifa 19 and it looks much harder on Ultimate difficulty.

I disagree completely. FIFA 17 and 18 were far too easy on Legendary difficulty in Career Mode...just look at Reddit or EA forums, there were loads of complaints about it.

I played as Leeds United and had them top of the Premier League after 2 seasons without even breaking sweat.

Difficulty is a big factor for me in FIFA 19....if its too easy, I am returning it.

Thankfully I have been watching MGH youtube career videos for fifa 19 and it looks much harder on Ultimate difficulty.

It depends a bit on the team you use. I played with Lincoln City in league two, and lost the occasional game, but with Spurs in the PL I walked the league easily on legendary. Hopefully ultimate will be more of a challenge!

I couldn’t agree more blue, i find it a challenge on Professional but i do play full manual except semi crossing.

I played a nephew at FIFA 18 a few months who is apparantly really good online. I played on full manual and he was on assisted and beat me easily. Then i switched to assisted too and beat him easily. Says it all really. (I’m not say you guys are playing assisted by the way ;) )

Playing the demo on full manual on Professional is not easy for me.

full game is very beautiful and very buggy at the same time.

it doesn't save my controller settings, whenever i take the trainer off, it comes back on next game.

It only plays in full 12pm sunlight or at night, no dusk/afternoon games anymore.
but it plays lovely.

Back
Top Bottom