Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I remember one of my biggest complaints was going away to a Man City for example should be like an end of level boss fight but never was in previous games.

On my career with Everton they high pressed me from the first second and I ended up conceding 4 goals in the first half, completely destroyed.

The thing is I was overrun in midfield using just a 4-2-3-1 formation once I patched that up in the second half it was more tight and managed to score a consolation goal.

Can’t tell you how satisfying it was getting torn apart

Yeah, it's out of the question for me as well. Wish I could get the digital version for as little as the physical version cost, but it seems as though I need to get my ass down to the store to get it for a reasonable price this year.

No idea why download is so more expensive. Same game for £13 more !

May I ask the community for help. It would be nice if you could help an old PES Vet into these fancy football games everyone is taking about these days. The kids from the future are all over it I heard! :TTTH:

I would set up a stream when I get home so you could also benefit from that. Tell me what you want to see in the game and I’ll do my best.

What I need your help for is controlles. I have a few habbits that shine through. I even press super cancel from time to time. :YES:
So there is plenty of new stuff to me even if I played it all these years. I want to dive in deeper. What to press for smoother ball collection? Tight turns? Tactics in the fly? Run modifier?
I’m sure I can learn a few new tricks. :)

See you in a few...

Edit: I will be playing fuma on slow. Difficulty will not be that high as I have to learn. ;)

I haven't scored, throughout all the leagues, more than 2 goals. I have to constantly mix things up.

What difficulty level are you playing on? I ask because I'd love it if the final release was more difficult. Playing the beta, I rarely scored less than 2 goals a game, and that was on Ultimate (in my beta CM, I wasn't held to a single clean sheet - out of 100+ matches, not a single one). I guess I'll find out tomorrow but being too easy again is my biggest concern.

Also, I didn't see you answer about your choice to play with giving the user a pace advantage in your sliders. I didn't experience an issue in the beta and demo - has anything changed for the full release?

Not for a digital purchase with no re-sale value. I just don't understand the benefits of digital versions at all.
- More expensive
- No re-sale value if you don't like it
- Have to wait until release when if you pre-order the physical version in the right place, 9 times out of 10 you receive it before release

A movie ticket in most places costs 1/4 the cost of a video game and provides usually around 2 hours of entertainment with zero re-sale value. Many if not most of us will get 100+ (if not 1,000+) hours of entertainment from FIFA.

Relative to other forms of entertainment, including other games that you might play once for 30-50 hours and discard, it's hard to argue that it isn't a great value.

Question for those that have full game....is the AI everything that the other game isn't?
Long shots
Dribbling
Different ways of playing
Not turning back when facing goal
Keeper comes offline

Definitely, I only test/play in Career Mode. I've got 4 different leagues, and each team has an identity. Bundesliga is high press constantly, very high paced, incredible match action. Premier League is more varied with high lines and more midfield action. Serie A is how you'd expect, very physical, and met with resistance all throughout the pitch. Playing a team like SPAL vs playing Fiorentina, you have to be aware at all times. You can dominate the possession, but the defensive third is so jam packed. La Liga is free flowing, but the lower teams try to find their outlets quicker and let the skilled players take on defenders. I love this the most because you can see some absolutely incredible, contextual, dribbling.

I think the main difference with FIFA this year, and after playing a lot of PES 2019, is that the entire field must be covered. In PES you can be okay to let the midfield get to the defensive third, they aren't going to test you from distance, they are going to circulate to the wings, or try to walk it in the box - that's it. If they get to the wings, it's a cross (low or high), and if they get to the top of the box, it's a low pass into the box, and a shot will happen.

FIFA, just more randomness. Anything can happen. I haven't scored, throughout all the leagues, more than 2 goals. I have to constantly mix things up. I have to take on players, and hope I don't end up doing a rainbow flick instead of a drag, lol, and I also have to use driven pass more often than I ever did in 16 thru 18. I've even considered to remove my manual settings (I play semi/assisted everything except manual for shooting and lob now) just to be able to compete.

Sure, it could be sliders, but the fact that I have that as an option is enough for me to constantly invest in this game. I was originally not excited because I hate the frostbite engine as it's been presented. However, EA upped the ball size, and improved the player animations. Furthermore, I've also fell back in love with playing at 30 FPS (PC) because the motion blur looks so good. I also feel the animations are just so much smoother.

You just gave my FIFA 19 a boost. Fantastic description of what is important in a football game!

I guess you are feeling these things without sliders also?

Question for those that have full game....is the AI everything that the other game isn't?
Long shots
Dribbling
Different ways of playing
Not turning back when facing goal
Keeper comes offline
Yes. Literally yes to all of that.

----------

For anyone who's got the game trial via EA Access - my trial has ran out, and I was absolutely gutted.

Turns out there's a glitch... I've just done it (logging in through a second profile first) and it's worked perfectly.

More details in this Twitter thread.

That's my night sorted. I thought I'd be pretty bored. :D

I played the demo a few times today and i loved it. I played 4 games with random teams and each game finished 0-0 but each game was different. In the last game i was Tottenham v Juventus and in the last 10 minutes we were getting a few crosses in and won a few corners. What i loved was the crowd got louder as they could sense Tottenham scoring (although we didnt). The atmosphere is great.

I have loved reading this thread. So much good stuff and gameplay videos.I really hope that EA are getting this positive feed back so that they don’t mess it up.

Also if they do keep the great gameplay i think we should make sure we contact them to thank them. People these days can be so quick to criticise but slow at commending. :)

Agreed. I imagine EA, like most game developers, are pretty adept at paying attention to useful constructive criticism from mature voices and ignoring the useless fodder. For example, if I was working at EA on FIFA, I would totally ignore a silly comment like, "Why are all the players still skating about the pitch as if its EA Hockey?"

What i loved was the crowd got louder as they could sense Tottenham scoring (although we didnt). The atmosphere is great.

It always used to be great but it's even better in this one, using ManUtd in the demo and De Gea made a great save and the fans started chanting his name (no idea if it's new but sounded great), even better Sheffield Wednesday actually have a couple of team chants which was a nice surprise :)

still waiting for 18 to download - another hour and a bit I think left.

so i'm hoping the 10% off dashboard tile will be present

some origin credit off cdkeys (maybe saves £2)

any other ways to make ultimate (or champs) edition cheaper? i'm all ears

i.e i think i'm going PC

After 2 hours of streaming...
Had a nice last match with Dortmund. Won 3:1 against city.
Need to up the difficulty now so it fits the sliders.
To many mistakes by myself when passing. Oh my. I have to learn.

Btw: I miss hdr when streaming.
I have to set my controls every time I enter a new exhibition match. Thats a bug right?!

im gonna start the game with these sliders (my last set of fifa 18 ones) if anyone wants to test them too

1P/AI
Speed 46/45
Accel 49/48
Shot Error 52/52
Shot Speed 52/52
Pass Error 57/57
Pass Speed 45/45
Injury Freq 60/60
Injury Sev. 15/15
GK Ability 43/43
Marking 40/40
Run Freq 25/25
Height 70/70
Length 30/30
Width 48/48
Fullbacks 55/55
First Touch 55/55
Power Bar Speed 65

usually use them with 6 minute halves on World Class

UPDATED LINK

Last edited:
I’d buy 19 as it’s the better game :D

i have a big problem which has put me off.....there is no 10% off tile on my Fifa 18 PC.

that's like someone just threw a bucket of cold water at me.

i tell you what though - this FIFA 18 I bought I never booted it up on PC.
i've put in goalgerds sliders above and manual controls.
i know 19 is better but i think i could probs make this last til a discount comes around.

there's another thing about the £60-90 price tag - I would feel FORCED to play FUT just to justify my spend.

I'm waking up.

Last edited:
Definitely, I only test/play in Career Mode. I've got 4 different leagues, and each team has an identity. Bundesliga is high press constantly, very high paced, incredible match action. Premier League is more varied with high lines and more midfield action. Serie A is how you'd expect, very physical, and met with resistance all throughout the pitch. Playing a team like SPAL vs playing Fiorentina, you have to be aware at all times. You can dominate the possession, but the defensive third is so jam packed. La Liga is free flowing, but the lower teams try to find their outlets quicker and let the skilled players take on defenders. I love this the most because you can see some absolutely incredible, contextual, dribbling.

I think the main difference with FIFA this year, and after playing a lot of PES 2019, is that the entire field must be covered. In PES you can be okay to let the midfield get to the defensive third, they aren't going to test you from distance, they are going to circulate to the wings, or try to walk it in the box - that's it. If they get to the wings, it's a cross (low or high), and if they get to the top of the box, it's a low pass into the box, and a shot will happen.

FIFA, just more randomness. Anything can happen. I haven't scored, throughout all the leagues, more than 2 goals. I have to constantly mix things up. I have to take on players, and hope I don't end up doing a rainbow flick instead of a drag, lol, and I also have to use driven pass more often than I ever did in 16 thru 18. I've even considered to remove my manual settings (I play semi/assisted everything except manual for shooting and lob now) just to be able to compete.

Sure, it could be sliders, but the fact that I have that as an option is enough for me to constantly invest in this game. I was originally not excited because I hate the frostbite engine as it's been presented. However, EA upped the ball size, and improved the player animations. Furthermore, I've also fell back in love with playing at 30 FPS (PC) because the motion blur looks so good. I also feel the animations are just so much smoother.
Is it better to play on 30 fps or 60 fps on pc ? Do you think 30 fps is better with this game ? I have 1080ti and it is ok with 60 fps but just being curious is there any difference in the feeling of gameplay ?

BTW this is the best football game I have ever played (pes 5, pes 6 and mostly we9le lover here). The randomness and unpredictability is out of this world...

If we only imagine now how fifa will become on ps5 and xbox one 2...crazy times we have ahead. Especially when it comes to physics of the ball, players, collisions etc as this time I am sure that processors will make a huge jump on next gens.

Anyway we have now fifa 19 and seriously, best football game I ever played but still I hope EA will fix all the bugs which we know about already.

Last edited:
Is it better to play on 30 fps or 60 fps on pc ? Do you think 30 fps is better with this game ? I have 1080ti and it is ok with 60 fps but just being curious is there any difference in the feeling of gameplay ?

EDIT: For some reason I thought we were discussing console vs PC. Either way, I'd stick with 60!

Last edited:
tomorrow i will be close to a game store. not sure if they do origin codes for standard edition FIFA - hope so and I have some credit i could use

but the Ultimate and Champions edition craving has gone which means Ive survived the FUT temptation - FUT is pure unadulterated virtual crack if you let yourself get into it. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom