Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Is anyone else a bit undecided about the new tactics system? I am someone who plays around with every tactical option before and during a game. I like a lot of what is new in FIFA 19, but I am not sure about having to set formations and individual instructions for all five attack levels. It seems like a lot of time and work.

It wouldn't be such a problem in career mode, but I play real fixtures with different teams each match.

Your thoughts?

Played half a season with Chelsea on world class, slow. It’s been fantastic so many great games each team has their own style as well, playing Man City and then Brighton right after illustrated this clearly. Can also feel the difference when playing with and against quality players.

So many different types of goals and random moments just like real football, tactics are amazing as well and make a massive difference.
Fantastic description - that's how I feel as well.

I'll be honest, going into the ten hour trial I thought to myself "I know I'll hate it by the end of the trial, and/or something will be really annoying me and it'll save me having to buy the game". Because I liked the demo at first, but within 48 hours I hated the speed of it.

(Last time I bought EA Access to get a FIFA 10-hour trial, I used about half of it before I got bored.)

Now I still don't think it's perfect...

• Speed is sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow - but I've found a great balance with sliders

• I saw keepers occasionally missing shots next to their bodies that really, despite the shot being hit hard, they could have got a glove on - but sliders have made a big difference to this for me

• Tiki-taka on the higher difficulties with all teams - less prevalent on World Class but on Legendary it's obvious, and not easy to improve with sliders

• I play plenty of games with no fouls whatsoever - not so much on Professional but certainly on World Class and above, and I'm not having joy with sliders here either

• FUT etc. is 1,000mph and still an absolute joke, in my opinion (and I hate this, because I'd genuinely love it if it was on "slow" and if chemistry boosts weren't so ridiculous)

But. Because of what I get out of every match - true variety, tactics that change the flow of the game, moments that look and feel so real that you jump out of your seat - I stop noticing this stuff.

If I play as a League Two team, I play on Professional difficulty with manual/semi controls, and (with slight pass error / speed changes) we both finish with less than 80% pass accuracy, and it feels real.

If I play as a Champions League team, I play on World Class with assisted controls, and (as Monaco) I go from barely getting a sniff of the ball against Dortmund, to bossing the game against Bruuge.

(The latter you can see at www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer/videos/all - the latest video.)

You can feel the skill of each team/player, you can feel the difference of the tactics, and oh my God. As a Career Mode guy, this is the happiest I've ever been.

After ten hours of the trial, my personal opinion is that this is the best football game of the current console generation. A statement I wouldn't be comfortable making, ordinarily.

lets say I have a FUT team on F19 and I want to play that team against a friend online....can that be done? or when you play FUT you are randomly assigned an opponent and no way to filter?
You can play FUT friendlies with friends.

Thanks about "FUT friendlies can be played with a friend"

Next question then : If I host a FUT friendly, I assume I can control game speed/duration and also have a gentleman's agreement that me and my opponent use full manual (OR do we need to adhere to FUT settings here?)

[the answer to this question helps me decide which format is preferable - its a toss up between PC and PS4 at the mo]

Next question then : If I host a FUT friendly, I assume I can control game speed/duration and also have a gentleman's agreement that me and my opponent use full manual (OR do we need to adhere to FUT settings here?)
In "normal" friendlies online with a friend (I was playing them with @jaygrim), you can lock game speed and assist settings. We were playing on slow (which I actually think is too slow - but you can't use sliders online).

With FUT friendlies, I don't know if you get the same suite of options - I'll have a look for you in a few hours, if I've got enough Xbox trial time left! But you can outside of FUT at least.

In "normal" friendlies online with a friend (I was playing them with @jaygrim), you can lock game speed and assist settings. We were playing on slow (which I actually think is too slow - but you can't use sliders online).

With FUT friendlies, I don't know if you get the same suite of options - I'll have a look for you in a few hours, if I've got enough Xbox trial time left! But you can outside of FUT at least.

Thanks for looking into this.

[If FUT custom friendlies are doable that sounds like potentially opening up a FANTASTIC community game because one could utilise FUT for casual squad-building purposes with main focus of play in customised tournaments/leagues with community friends.

For me this then makes PS4>PC and Champions Edn>Standard]

Last edited:
After watching @Chris Davies stream last night, what i enjoyed a lot with all the slider tinkering and action on the pitch, i hammered the demo till this early morning.
I’m going to see FC Bayern in Munich against Augsburg tomorrow including Wiesn, so there is no time to play this, but I really was thinking about getting the Tuesday morning edition.
So I guess I’ll get the standard on Thursday night.
This years version has something....

Edit: and in to the demo again. I have a day off, so...

One more thing. When I was playing last night, around 4pm, the house and the streets where all quiet, I really had to pause the game to check on something.
There was this hammering monotone noise. Very oomph like someone working, working with tools.
I had to find out it was the ingames fans using the drum to support their team! :LMAO:
My BOSE headphone delivered some very nice audio I am not used to in soccer games! :APPLAUD:
So this left me with a smile... playing “one more” match! :)

Ok can someone put my mind at ease? I really like Fifa and I enjoyed 18. However after playing the demo I'm not convinced. My main worry (even though I couldn't tweak sliders anyway) was how the ball moved when passing, but more importantly how the players moved and ran. They were a lot more refined in 18 and they look thin, gangly and odd in 19.

Am I worrying over nothing????

Ok can someone put my mind at ease? I really like Fifa and I enjoyed 18. However after playing the demo I'm not convinced. My main worry (even though I couldn't tweak sliders anyway) was how the ball moved when passing, but more importantly how the players moved and ran. They were a lot more refined in 18 and they look thin, gangly and odd in 19.

Am I worrying over nothing????
That's difficult to answer because if you don't like the demo, I don't think you'll like the full version. It's noticeably better but not a totally different game (which I think is what some people are expecting, not suggesting that you are)!

All I can say is, maybe take a look at the streams I've been posting (just fast-forward though the non-gameplay bits): www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer/videos/all

There are moments of animation where I go "that was odd" - there's one I zoomed in on, as Monaco against Atletico Madrid, where Griezmann brings in the ball on his right foot and kicks it on his left (IIRC) really quickly. But when I slowed it down, I thought, okay, it could happen.

But if it really bothers you, then... Yeah, it might not be for you. It doesn't bother me because the gameplay is so good and for me it doesn't break the immersion. But I get why it would for others.

That's difficult to answer because if you don't like the demo, I don't think you'll like the full version. It's noticeably better but not a totally different game (which I think is what some people are expecting, not suggesting that you are)!

All I can say is, maybe take a look at the streams I've been posting (just fast-forward though the non-gameplay bits): www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer/videos/all

There are moments of animation where I go "that was odd" - there's one I zoomed in on, as Monaco against Atletico Madrid, where Griezmann brings in the ball on his right foot and kicks it on his left (IIRC) really quickly. But when I slowed it down, I thought, okay, it could happen.

But if it really bothers you, then... Yeah, it might not be for you. It doesn't bother me because the gameplay is so good and for me it doesn't break the immersion. But I get why it would for others.

Thanks Chris. I don't know whether it was because I couldn't tweak the game to my liking so the speed on top of everything else gnawed at me a little.

Been noticing quite a lot of my players slowing down just before latching onto a through ball so the defender can "catch up." This is on the demo. If it happening in the full game?

Any other than the standard edition. You can download from midnight tonight. :)

How big is the download btw?! Anyone knows, just in case I go crazy and spend some crazy 90 bucks?! :FISH:

I'm sorry, but do you have a link or the real 'name' of that version?.
Or maybe it's just for PS4?

can anyone tell me can you edit the stadium names using a usb keyboard for the ps4? last year i tried it i had to manually type using the ps4 controller as EA had my usb keyboard(which works with every other ps4 game) greyed out

Yeah. Playstation Store.

Thx.
Right. Download is ready. Will be playable tonight. :)

So 42 gig would give me a 2 hour window till midnight... :THINK:

Nevermind I found it on the Origin website too. But that Website is terribly designed. When want to buy something you actually have to figure out what button will lead you to the actual purchasing page of the version you want. It's designed to make you get Origin Access as a first option. The other purchasing methods are kind of hidden. Or maybe I'm just dumb

Anyways, are you 100% it will be available at midnight, globally? Where does it say that? And also, Midnight where? In which part of the world? Sorry for all the questions mate :D

Back
Top Bottom