Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I'm defo buying Fifa this year only. I normally always buy PES and Fifa, but I can't do it this year after seeing what Konami has decided to deliver once again

You look at what both teams have done and I’m struggling to see 12 months work from Konami, I wish I never bought it now they didn’t deserve my money.

This game though I’m spending more money just to buy the edition 3 days sooner, such a great game from my 10 hour trial

You look at what both teams have done and I’m struggling to see 12 months work from Konami, I wish I never bought it now they didn’t deserve my money.

This game though I’m spending more money just to buy the edition 3 days sooner, such a great game from my 10 hour trial
Yeah, the way I see it is we either stop buying it or they will never listen

Does this work on the PS4 too? I currently have it on the Xbox , didn't know you could do it on PS4 ! So can you both play each other online too?
I've only ever done it on the PS4 so I know it works! Some games block it from working, from what I can remember, but we've done this for the last couple of FIFAs (and played together without any issue).

Chris, will you stay on PS4 or do you play it on Xbox 1X ?
I'll be switching to PS4 as of Tuesday - unless it turns out the PS4 version is horrible in comparison... Most of my friends are on PS4. Although if @jaygrim wants to keep playing we're going to have to figure something out...

----------

About to stream my Champions League knockout stage match against (gulp) Barcelona, switching to World Class and then maybe Legendary after playing around on Professional (which gives the best AI IMO).

All the old streams are on here too, but say hello if you join the live feed!

www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer

Watching the stream. Stop giving the ball away!:LOL:

The commentary and atmosphere really makes is feel like I'm watching a real CL game.

Watching the stream. Stop giving the ball away!:LOL:

The commentary and atmosphere really makes is feel like I'm watching a real CL game.
Thanks, man - appreciate you watching. Yeah, the atmosphere etc. is phenomenal, even for EA.

I don't watch streams back but that Barcelona second leg... That was a hell of a game. I'll be watching that one again.

Liked watching that. And thanks for putting it on slow with the different camera settings, reminds me most of PES in the good old days.

Like you said earlier, lots of 'wow' moments that are back because of the unpredictability. And those moments take me back several years when PES was the king of gameplay.

It's going to be a great year.

Thanks, man - appreciate you watching. Yeah, the atmosphere etc. is phenomenal, even for EA.

I don't watch streams back but that Barcelona second leg... That was a hell of a game. I'll be watching that one again.

That goal Coutinho scored against you in the first leg was a beaut.

Going live probably for the last time - about one hour of the trial left...

Going to play with sliders so it may be a bit stop-start. The goal being to get as close to default as possible but smoothing out my biggest bugbears, which is ball speed and goalkeepers missing shots close to their bodies I think...

(Sorry if these posts are annoying guys, just putting it out there in-case anyone's interested pre-release day!)

www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer

FYI, updated our sliders, only change was Marking from 40 to 48:

FIFA 19 OS Sliders - Set V1B2
Difficulty
: Pro, World Class, Legendary, Ultimate
Time: 10 minute halves
Speed: Slow
Controls: Semi
►Sprint Speed: 51/50
- Giving the user a small advantage so they are not chased down due to catch up bug constantly.

►Acceleration: 50/50; Legendary/Ultimate use 50/49
- Found that in order to compete on Legendary and Ultimate team, that the CPU's acceleration just had to be lowered. Too much cheating and it wasn't very realistic to play where the CPU wins every loose ball, every pass and scores at will. Still a good challenge here.

►Shot Error: 51/51
- Raised just slightly because too many shots on frame, resulting in upwards to 10+ saves a match. Good variety in shots as well.

►Pass Error: 55/55
- Raised this one up to create a sense of hesitation with the ball, but also freeing it up as much as possible, especially under pressure.

►Shot Speed: 48/48
- Lowered this value because the shots were way too powerful on default. It'd be one thing if it were a powerful shot, but the keeper also doesn't look quite right in their saves when this happens. At 48, they still shoot with venom, and adjustments to the goalkeeper are made to accommodate this change.

►Pass Speed: 46/46
- Always a big one, but this time it serves the purpose of purely passing speed. At driven pass speed, the ball looks to be fine, but with the adjustments to FT control, this driven pass will not be the only way the CPU has to attack you.

►Injury Frequency: 70/70
- Just a bump of significance to see if we get more injuries during the game. Would be nice if it were this easy
smile.gif

►Injury Severity: 60/60
- Same as Injury frequency, some depth the CM would be added when star players get injured.

►GK Ability: 48/48
- As mentioned above, this adjustment helps the 48 shot speed look more realistic, and the keeper can still make some blinding saves.

►Marking: from 40/40 to 48/48
- V1B2: Continuing with the under 50 values, but this one works well at 48 where it's not so tight that the defender stays on a certain player the whole time, they play more of a zonal look. 40 was a bit too low, and it was indicated further when doing a skill move on a player, and that defending player would just freeze. Since going to 48, it's much better, and defender doesn't freeze - but tries to recover.

►Run Frequency: 1/1
- Always a value that we say we aren't going to drop, but each time it is just a core issue of the game itself where it is acceptable to bombard players forward.

►Height: 65/60
- Discrepancy like we did in FIFA 16, this allowed there to be more of a midfield pushed into the opponent's attack as a result.

►Length: 45/50
- This further enhanced the length of the pitch to be compressed as both teams' defensive line served as the outer walls. Midfield is back with this set up.

►Width: 52/52
- Adjusting for the width that gets lessened as length is increased.

►FB Positioning: 100/100
- This helps with transition plays, and also allows the FB to get as far as possible to the endlines.

►FT Control: 65/65
- There needs to be a sense of fighting for the ball, not every touch is going to be perfect. Not every trap should be perfect.

Difficulty
- Giving the user a small advantage so they are not chased down due to catch up bug constantly.

- Found that in order to compete on Legendary and Ultimate team, that the CPU's acceleration just had to be lowered. Too much cheating and it wasn't very realistic to play where the CPU wins every loose ball, every pass and scores at will. Still a good challenge here.

- Raised just slightly because too many shots on frame, resulting in upwards to 10+ saves a match. Good variety in shots as well.

- Raised this one up to create a sense of hesitation with the ball, but also freeing it up as much as possible, especially under pressure.

- Lowered this value because the shots were way too powerful on default. It'd be one thing if it were a powerful shot, but the keeper also doesn't look quite right in their saves when this happens. At 48, they still shoot with venom, and adjustments to the goalkeeper are made to accommodate this change.

- Always a big one, but this time it serves the purpose of purely passing speed. At driven pass speed, the ball looks to be fine, but with the adjustments to FT control, this driven pass will not be the only way the CPU has to attack you.

- Just a bump of significance to see if we get more injuries during the game. Would be nice if it were this easy
smile.gif

- Same as Injury frequency, some depth the CM would be added when star players get injured.

- As mentioned above, this adjustment helps the 48 shot speed look more realistic, and the keeper can still make some blinding saves.

- V1B2: Continuing with the under 50 values, but this one works well at 48 where it's not so tight that the defender stays on a certain player the whole time, they play more of a zonal look. 40 was a bit too low, and it was indicated further when doing a skill move on a player, and that defending player would just freeze. Since going to 48, it's much better, and defender doesn't freeze - but tries to recover.

- Always a value that we say we aren't going to drop, but each time it is just a core issue of the game itself where it is acceptable to bombard players forward.

- Discrepancy like we did in FIFA 16, this allowed there to be more of a midfield pushed into the opponent's attack as a result.

- This further enhanced the length of the pitch to be compressed as both teams' defensive line served as the outer walls. Midfield is back with this set up.

- This helps with transition plays, and also allows the FB to get as far as possible to the endlines.

- There needs to be a sense of fighting for the ball, not every touch is going to be perfect. Not every trap should be perfect.

Hi Matt.

A bit curious.. Haven't used sliders earlier. Two questions:

1. What is your approach? As realistic as possible?
2. How is this fifa in terms of changing a lot on the sliders compared to earlier?
3. What is youre opinion on switching between playing with sliders offline and then playing against friends or online without. Will the last feel unplayable?

Catch up bug? This is the first I'm hearing of this. Has something changed from the demo/beta?

Everywhere I'm hearing that pace has been made far more realistic this year, and that was my impression from the beta especially but the demo as well. It's one of my favorite changes by EA.

What's this catch up bug about?

Hi Matt.

A bit curious.. Haven't used sliders earlier. Two questions:

1. What is your approach? As realistic as possible?
2. How is this fifa in terms of changing a lot on the sliders compared to earlier?
3. What is youre opinion on switching between playing with sliders offline and then playing against friends or online without. Will the last feel unplayable?

I can answer #3. If you want to play much multiplayer, don't mess with sliders too much. Even just playing on Slow gamespeed will put you at a disadvantage.

Now if you don't really care about being competitive, then go hog wild with sliders. But if you want to be competitive, you're basically practicing with a different game if you play with the OS slider set and it will likely throw you off.

Difficulty

smile.gif

Matt, I played with your previous set and it was great, so thank you for that. Only thing is I'm getting like 2 injuries per game. I'm only playing exhibition matches so don't know how serious they are. Another thing wrong with the game is the lack of cpu fouls. I get 2 a game if im lucky. It's usually 1 or none. Not sure if this can be fixed with sliders.

Playing as Forest in the premier league was worried when I beat Chelsea in my first match 3-1 on legendary but they played a really weak team. But worries were gone when man city hammered me 3-0 at home in second match I was 2nd to almost every ball etc and only drew 0-0 with Cardiff in my 3rd match. Still have to sign anyone so flat it’s amazing and all 3 games have felt unique.

One complaint is they have gotten rid of the classified results voice after every game loved that as I didn’t have to check fixtures if I was competing close with certain teams.

EA just announced their career mode changes in an article.
https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-career-mode-most-authentic

Career Mode is back in EA SPORTS FIFA 19* and more authentic than ever, featuring new licenses and features that make your football career come alive.

CHAMPIONS RISE IN CAREER MODE
Just like everything in FIFA 19, the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, and Super Cup are completely integrated into Career Mode. Take your favourite European club to glory in any of the competitions, from the biggest clubs in UEFA to relative minnows from smaller leagues. Depending on your club's previous season finish, you can start in qualifying or in the group stage and play every subsequent match of the tournament en route to the final.

The main Career Mode screens also have a new dynamic user interface (UI) that seamlessly changes visuals whenever your club has an upcoming match in the UEFA Champions League or Europa League. The league standings and fixture list UI has also been completely redesigned to provide a more informative and helpful Career Mode experience.

THE MOST AUTHENTIC FIFA CAREER MODE YET
In FIFA 19 Career Mode, you'll find authentic broadcast overlays, sleeve badges (including honour badges that a club gets after winning the competition five times), and even the rule change that allows for a fourth substitution in extra time. League badges are now dynamic for many countries too, which means that your club’s league badge will be changed when you get promoted to a higher league.

LaLiga is also getting a huge boost in Career Mode for FIFA 19, thanks to the addition of new stadiums, player head scans, and more. Spain’s top league is alive in the way you’ll feel each moment you hit the pitch.
The official English Premier League and Major League Soccer broadcast packages are also returning to draw you in as you compete in the world's biggest leagues.

You can also now lead a club to glory from one of the hottest leagues in world football right now: the Chinese Super League.

DYNAMIC TACTICS
One of the most important new features in FIFA 19, Dynamic Tactics, is set to play a big role in Career mode. Use this re-imagined tactical system to set multiple tactical approaches, offering in-depth customization pre-match, as well as more options for dynamic in-match adjustments simply from the D-Pad. Each tactical approach combines formations, mentalities, and both attacking and defensive play styles, enabling you to easily customize your play to any situation.

BREAKING NEWS IN A NEW WAY
Building on the integration of the Frostbite engine for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC that was introduced in FIFA 17, a new set of breaking news and other stories has been added to provide an even more immersive football career experience, including tournament draws, important match previews, and star player unveilings.

Detailed, vibrant clips related to the UEFA Champions League, Europa League, and Super Cup will play a huge role in how you play the competition in Career mode. From the dramatic draw ceremonies to celebrations and shots with the famous trophy, engage with the world's biggest club competitions as you lead your club to glory.

The buildup to big matches—from Cup finals to local derbies— will get even more dramatic with detailed previews, locker room scenes, and other match day moments, like the newly added “exiting the team bus” shots.

When your club signs a world-class player, they'll get a huge celebration for their unveiling, including screaming fans, confetti, and other fan fare.

CAN YOU HANDLE ULTIMATE DIFFICULTY?
Previously only available in FIFA Ultimate Team, the Ultimate difficulty level has been added to Career Mode*—in case you needed a bigger challenge.

*For PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

BUDGET MANAGEMENT AND TRANSFERS
Budgets and other money-related matters in Career Mode have been changed, added, or revamped for FIFA 19, starting with fixed budget carryover. Now, saving transfer money in a season will give you a bigger transfer budget the following season. If the board of your club has designated finance as less important to them than other factors, you will likely get more money in your transfer budget. The formula for balancing your club's budget has also been improved, making it more realistic and authentic to shift the finances around to accommodate new transfers or higher contracts.

Prize money is allocated to your club’s transfer budget in a more transparent manner. The higher you finish in the competitions your club is playing in, the more money you’ll get to increase your transfer budget the following season. When your club is promoted, you’ll also get supplementary funds to help you strengthen the squad as a newly promoted team.

Player wage demands when negotiating contracts are more authentic as well, with players taking into account the wages in various leagues. For example, wages in LaLiga are lower on average than in the Bundesliga, though the top La Liga teams pay higher wages than any German club.

The logic behind transfer decisions has also been improved in a couple different ways. Now, the initial wage proposed for a player by the AI club is his current wage if the player would earn more at his new club. Players will also base their initial wage demands (when getting new contracts or after a transfer) on their teammates' wages. Various restrictions around recently-transferred players have also been removed, so that you have more options when setting up your club.

Emails received with transfer offers now offer a “Take me to” button so that you can go straight into the negotiation from the offer.

4TH SUBSTITUTE
Career Mode managers can use a fourth substitute in Extra Time to bring more authenticity to the real leagues and competitions that have implemented this rule.

NEW TRAINING SKILL GAMES
Improve your players' attributes and refine your skills with a collection of brand-new training games, including:

• Keep up the pace
  • 1 -on- 1 shifting gates
  • Race against the clock
  • 1-2 Passing
  • Pass Between the Dummies
  • Put in the bucket
  • Through the Gap
  • Beat the goalie
  • Obstacle Shooting
  • First Touch Volley
  • Speed Shooting
  • Rookie Attacking Scenarios
  • Novice Attacking Scenarios
  • Adept Attacking Scenarios
  • Precision Penalty
  • PK against Keeper

Playing as Forest in the premier league was worried when I beat Chelsea in my first match 3-1 on legendary but they played a really weak team. But worries were gone when man city hammered me 3-0 at home in second match I was 2nd to almost every ball etc and only drew 0-0 with Cardiff in my 3rd match. Still have to sign anyone so flat it’s amazing and all 3 games have felt unique.

Please let me know how form works this year when you notice it. :) The game wouldn't have been as easy as it was last year if the form didn't overpower things.

I would like an opinion of a manual controls player that has played early access full version of fifa19. Is it better than the demo? Because for me pes2019 is better than demo of fifa19 in terms of 1vs1 human.

For the guys that played the full version, does the stat that’s named vision, is that a lot more pronounced in this years game compared to previous, for example does modric type passes stand out more with certain players

last night, i'm thinking about Champions edition vs Standard edition and which format. i managed to get to sleep telling myself neither and i'll settle with PES 2013/18.

this morning i'm thinking about F19 again. :(

Played half a season with Chelsea on world class, slow. It’s been fantastic so many great games each team has their own style as well, playing Man City and then Brighton right after illustrated this clearly. Can also feel the difference when playing with and against quality players.

So many different types of goals and random moments just like real football, tactics are amazing as well and make a massive difference.

Feels great to win/take penalties in a football game lol although I would prefer more fouls and the cpu seems to love shooting at the near post.

Once I’ve finished season with Chelsea will start a proper career with a championship team.

guys - i need to know more about the online component to work out what i'm doing here regarding editions.

the last FUT I played was 15.

lets say I have a FUT team on F19 and I want to play that team against a friend online....can that be done? or when you play FUT you are randomly assigned an opponent and no way to filter?

Back
Top Bottom