Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
If I turn off the timed finishing in the options screen, will I be able to double tap the shoot button for a low shot like in Fifa 18?

You can just hit low shots with not filling up the bar all the way. Like I did in the Fulham video on the previous page with Seri (towards the end).

Same ol', same ol', players skating everywhere, starting to feel like this is an reskinned NHL game, absolutely laughable.

Just :LOL:
I do agree that it looks like aliens running after a tiny football

What tiny football? Demo? yes. Full game. Nope.

i just cant stand the player movement, its like they float on the pitch and the running style just doesnt look natural at all, is it smoother in final version or the same? I'm not buying both games this year and i'm convinced PES will sort out the issues with the AI and i much prefer the movement on PES to FIFA. I just know FIFA will deliver a good package

It's much smoother. Also, and this is a subtle, but important concept, the AI will take you on 1v1. They will make the most deft touches if you let them. It really is brilliant. That never happens in PES 19. I really enjoy PES 19, but you just don't see things like that.

You know how I said this reminds me of older pro evo games? Check out this goal

https://www.xboxclips.com/Darth Kebab/e5552b81-7be0-40fc-8a50-cc8757fb28bd

That was hot! Love the fake shots this year. I scored a similar goal last night while playing 2vsCPU with my friend. I wouldn't have even attempted this (first thing my friend said as well) in previous FIFAs. Not that it was impossible to round the keeper in past games, but it was a fool's errand with a fake shot.

I've been using Liverpool far too often lately... :ANX:

That was hot! Love the fake shots this year. I scored a similar goal last night while playing 2vsCPU with my friend. I wouldn't have even attempted this (first thing my friend said as well) in previous FIFAs. Not that it was impossible to round the keeper in past games, but it was a fool's errand with a fake shot.

Awesome, the fake shots are fantastic I usually try beat a man with them too.

I’ve made the mistake of messing about in games when I go 2 or 3 up on legendary, when it get punished it doesn’t feel like the same scripting in previous games.

People are missing out if they don’t play this because of brand loyalty it’s a brilliant game.

Awesome, the fake shots are fantastic I usually try beat a man with them too.

I’ve made the mistake of messing about in games when I go 2 or 3 up on legendary, when it get punished it doesn’t feel like the same scripting in previous games.

People are missing out if they don’t play this because of brand loyalty it’s a brilliant game.

I'm sure you're aware of it, but have you tried the L1 + fake shot?

Only thing that annoys me much is ball physics. The ball doesn't feel naturall at all. Like someone put glue all over the pitch. I assume if you push up pass speed slider ai will go crazy. They need to fix this, it kills the flow of the game but I am not sure they do becouse in fifa 17 and 18 it's also present but these games were faster so it's not that visible. Don't know what they were thinking before release. I know that games were made by programmers not footballers but at least these things should be priority number one, I speak about Konami also with issues that ai had. It's 2018 for god sake...

Who knew that you can set 1v1 play to "slow" online? Fantastic.

Dont think its a good thing. The small manual community will be divided even more, so it may take longer to find a game, because half of the manual players will play on slow and the other half on normal...

edit: Or did you mean in online friendlies? I think you could choose game speed also in FIFA 18. You did not in Seasons.

Not realistic here at all, the keeper should stay on their line all the time like in PES 19

Dont think its a good thing. The small manual community will be divided even more, so it may take longer to find a game, because half of the manual players will play on slow and the other half on normal...

edit: Or did you mean in online friendlies? I think you could choose game speed also in FIFA 18. You did not in Seasons.
Online Friendlies I meant.

Do you know what genuinely absolutely kills me about it? If Ultimate Team was on "slow" - or even if the chemistry boosts were much less (or didn't affect speed) but the speed was "normal"... Man oh man. I'd be addicted.

That brings back some memories. (i.e. PES when you actually had to do something to score a one on one)

Single player stream going live shortly - say hello via Twitch if you have any questions. Going to keep the mic on so I can give feedback on feel etc...

Going to try a few on normal speed with default sliders, carrying on my Champions League, then have a go with @Matt10's wonderful work.

www.twitch.tv/ukjackbauer

I been playing PES these last few years and that vid by DarthKebab looks fairly standard but from the reaction here it sounds like it can't be done easily in past Fifas so comes as a breakthorugh.

That's a bit poor for Fifa, if so. Good for incentive for getting F19 over sticking with 18 though.

Makes me wonder what the point of me learning full manual in F18 is if you can't pull off things that comes across fairly standard in PES(??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Same ol', same ol', players skating everywhere, starting to feel like this is an reskinned NHL game, absolutely laughable.

Just :LOL:
I do agree that it looks like aliens running after a tiny football

FIFA has ten times the animation PES has just now, the game is light years ahead in that aspect.

PES still has loading screens when the ball goes out for a shy ffs :ROLL:

Damn you guys.. pre-ordered and pre-loading.

God help me

Hah hah go for it Mady! :LOL:

I am loving the positivity in this thread at the moment. I’m not even reading the odd negative posts as they may point out things that i would not have noticed.

I really really really hope that EA don’t mess it with patches. Do they know how much you guys are loving it? Has anyone told them? They need to know!

I am so looking forward to next Friday.

@Madmac79 when are you getting yours? Will it be Friday too?

Hah hah go for it Mady! :LOL:

I am loving the positivity in this thread at the moment. I’m not even reading the odd negative posts as they may point out things that i would not have noticed.

I really really really hope that EA don’t mess it with patches. Do they know how much you guys are loving it? Has anyone told them? They need to know!

I am so looking forward to next Friday.

@Madmac79 when are you getting yours? Will it be Friday too?

Yes mate :) ! Friday, on pc. No early access etc., I prefer to just have it the release day, without thinking hour limits and so.

Really really hope it will be worth the wait.. after all, I'm reading super encouraging opinions from practically a lot of users that I know share similar virtual football tastes with mine. I'm afraid too by patches, but if the core is good (and there are signals it might truly be this time) there still is an extent they can completely screw with it. I enjoyed Fifa 17 the whole season despite patches.. truly hoping can be the same this year.

And in the worst of the cases, there still are sliders and a generally well done package.. I can live by giving up 60 bucks for a game that I can relatively tweak and is all around this good presented.

Back
Top Bottom