Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Nevermind I found it on the Origin website too. But that Website is terribly designed. When want to buy something you actually have to figure out what button will lead you to the actual purchasing page of the version you want. It's designed to make you get Origin Access as a first option. The other purchasing methods are kind of hidden. Or maybe I'm just dumb

Anyways, are you 100% it will be available at midnight, globally? Where does it say that? And also, Midnight where? In which part of the world? Sorry for all the questions mate :D
No prob, chuny! :)
I just know for sure reg. the PS4 version. But I guess it’s all Version global release.

Thanks for looking into this.

[If FUT custom friendlies are doable that sounds like potentially opening up a FANTASTIC community game because one could utilise FUT for casual squad-building purposes with main focus of play in customised tournaments/leagues with community friends.

For me this then makes PS4>PC and Champions Edn>Standard]
I had a look into this for you - unfortunately it doesn't look like you can apply any filters when playing Ultimate Team friendlies. Only in "standard" online friendlies. Sorry dude.

Also, my trial has now officially expired. :CRY:

Ok, which settings should be changed please?
Marking. With marking at 50, defenders have this ability to slide into position in extreme circumstances - @Matt10 has it set to 45 at the minute. Works for me.

You can double-down on this by reducing the AI's acceleration by a single point, too. I do - and I don't feel it handicaps them a great deal outside of this "catch-up".

Insanely expensive for the champions editions and whatever else they are called though! Almost twice the price of retail in a few days. Damn.
Yeah. If I wasn't splitting the cost with a friend, I would be waiting.

Interesting reading the reaction to FIFA 19 in this thread, I've always found FIFA's to be repetitive and soulless after like ten games after initially been drawn in my presentation/licenses etc. This year seems to be different. How does the game stand up from a pro evo fan's perspective in terms of player individuality etc?

Insanely expensive for the champions editions and whatever else they are called though! Almost twice the price of retail in a few days. Damn.

Its a complete con. Id never pay that much for a game. Theres one version thats £90!
EA must love 17 Year old Virgins!

Interesting reading the reaction to FIFA 19 in this thread, I've always found FIFA's to be repetitive and soulless after like ten games after initially been drawn in my presentation/licenses etc. This year seems to be different. How does the game stand up from a pro evo fan's perspective in terms of player individuality etc?

There's plenty of individuality. In fact, with the way it's been with PES in the last several years, IMO there's better individuality in FIFA now.

The trick is that if you're coming from playing a different game, you have to give the game time. At first you might feel as if all players play the same - the age old criticism by those who don't really give the game a chance. But give it a week or so, and you'll really start to see how different players play.

That's been my experience at least when going from one game to the other.

I had a look into this for you - unfortunately it doesn't look like you can apply any filters when playing Ultimate Team friendlies. Only in "standard" online friendlies. Sorry dude.

Albeit disappointing, thank you VERY much for this info, Chris.

This then pushes my weighting over from PS4 to PC version. Now do I wait for a Xmas sale (as I have 18 on PC - unplayed) or do I take advantage of the 10% Fifa 18 in-game offer for the Ultimate.

@Chuny sounds like your in for PC. you played FUT on PC before...any good? or waste of money and never touch? (My FUT 15 experience tell me its the latter)

[Gonna load up 18 on PC now research if any quality PC patches.]

Albeit disappointing, thank you VERY much for this info, Chris.

This then pushes my weighting over from PS4 to PC version. Now do I wait for a Xmas sale (as I have 18 on PC - unplayed) or do I take advantage of the 10% Fifa 18 in-game offer for the Ultimate.
Depends how much you want the game! If I wasn't splitting the cost with a friend by account-sharing on PS4 there's no way I'd pay the cost of the special editions. Because I don't play Ultimate Team (hate it - way too fast for me)...

[Gonna load up 18 on PC now research if any quality PC patches.]
As far as I know there's very limited patches due to Frostbite, @Placebo might be able to tell you more (in the PC thread please, not in here)...

Its a complete con. Id never pay that much for a game. Theres one version thats £90!
EA must love 17 Year old Virgins!

Yeah, it's out of the question for me as well. Wish I could get the digital version for as little as the physical version cost, but it seems as though I need to get my ass down to the store to get it for a reasonable price this year.

€90 for a years gaming isn’t that bad
Not for a digital purchase with no re-sale value. I just don't understand the benefits of digital versions at all.
- More expensive
- No re-sale value if you don't like it
- Have to wait until release when if you pre-order the physical version in the right place, 9 times out of 10 you receive it before release

The thing with it this year is that it comes with so much unpredictability. You can't figure out the tactics of a team until you actually start playing them. That's really the difference to me. Players truly have identity, not these preset player cards that you can stamp on anyone. The skill/rating threshold is so much wider as well. The difference between a finishing of 90 compared to a 50 is night and day.

Overall, just a really fun experience so far. Always looking at replays, they have really ironed out the previous motion issues with frostbite. The ball size is bigger, which sounds like a really arbitrary item, but it has really made an aesthetic difference to me. I also believe it is a reason there is much less animation issues and interactions with the ball as a result. I think you'll enjoy your experience with it if you give the game a chance.

The thing with it this year is that it comes with so much unpredictability. You can't figure out the tactics of a team until you actually start playing them. That's really the difference to me. Players truly have identity, not these preset player cards that you can stamp on anyone. The skill/rating threshold is so much wider as well. The difference between a finishing of 90 compared to a 50 is night and day.

Overall, just a really fun experience so far. Always looking at replays, they have really ironed out the previous motion issues with frostbite. The ball size is bigger, which sounds like a really arbitrary item, but it has really made an aesthetic difference to me. I also believe it is a reason there is much less animation issues and interactions with the ball as a result. I think you'll enjoy your experience with it if you give the game a chance.

Thanks man. Was already sold like 3 pages ago. Lol

So the 3 day early access is not bound to a code and the day one patch will arrive Friday? So it really is just the packs and getting it early?
I'm not sure how the FUT bonuses are distributed with the physical release, but if it is just an insert with a code for the FUT packs (which I'd imagine it will be), there's nothing to stop you selling that code on eBay - it'd just be a standard DLC-style code, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how the FUT bonuses are distributed with the physical release, but if it is just an insert with a code for the FUT packs (which I'd imagine it will be), there's nothing to stop you selling that code on eBay - it'd just be a standard DLC-style code, I'm sure.
That’s how I think it works. Alright.
Let me think. :THINK:

Edit: is it ok to ask for a private message from a evo web user with PayPal who’s interested in this code?! I can edit.

Last edited:

Do you also feel this in Career Mode? Still feeling that there is a certain way of scoring my own goals and don't think there is as many random situations as in PES 2019 actually. But definitely better in almost every other area.

Fuck me. I had so much fun with the demo. Fair and Square like i did 4 weeks ago. Found me a pal who’s gonna pick me up getting the championship edition. He’s taking care of the bonus stuff. 57 bucks today is ok.
I just want longer matches and slow speed!! :D

Should be ready in about an hour!

Last edited:
Do you also feel this in Career Mode? Still feeling that there is a certain way of scoring my own goals and don't think there is as many random situations as in PES 2019 actually. But definitely better in almost every other area.

Definitely, I only test/play in Career Mode. I've got 4 different leagues, and each team has an identity. Bundesliga is high press constantly, very high paced, incredible match action. Premier League is more varied with high lines and more midfield action. Serie A is how you'd expect, very physical, and met with resistance all throughout the pitch. Playing a team like SPAL vs playing Fiorentina, you have to be aware at all times. You can dominate the possession, but the defensive third is so jam packed. La Liga is free flowing, but the lower teams try to find their outlets quicker and let the skilled players take on defenders. I love this the most because you can see some absolutely incredible, contextual, dribbling.

I think the main difference with FIFA this year, and after playing a lot of PES 2019, is that the entire field must be covered. In PES you can be okay to let the midfield get to the defensive third, they aren't going to test you from distance, they are going to circulate to the wings, or try to walk it in the box - that's it. If they get to the wings, it's a cross (low or high), and if they get to the top of the box, it's a low pass into the box, and a shot will happen.

FIFA, just more randomness. Anything can happen. I haven't scored, throughout all the leagues, more than 2 goals. I have to constantly mix things up. I have to take on players, and hope I don't end up doing a rainbow flick instead of a drag, lol, and I also have to use driven pass more often than I ever did in 16 thru 18. I've even considered to remove my manual settings (I play semi/assisted everything except manual for shooting and lob now) just to be able to compete.

Sure, it could be sliders, but the fact that I have that as an option is enough for me to constantly invest in this game. I was originally not excited because I hate the frostbite engine as it's been presented. However, EA upped the ball size, and improved the player animations. Furthermore, I've also fell back in love with playing at 30 FPS (PC) because the motion blur looks so good. I also feel the animations are just so much smoother.

Back
Top Bottom