Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
All I can say to those who won't or don't give it a chance. You could be missing out. I watched all the videos and saw the same old stuff I hated in Fifa. Played the demo and my first impressions weren't great. Even my friends will tell you that I have an avid hatred for Fifa's style of gameplay. All I can say is this year, after what I have played. I am really excited for the full game. Although my impressions and views are my own, this will be the first time in a long time including pro, that I have had that excited feeling or enjoyment feeling where I want to play when I get home or even when I stopped last night, I was thinking maybe just a few more before bed. That's all I have wanted for a long time, that enjoyment feeling back because for me, since the old PES days, I haven't really enjoyed playing either Pro or Fifa.

However... Nearly every guy he played paused the game as soon as they kicked off.

Reason being - when you choose a formation, you can't adjust player positions manually (EA lock it for fear of people creating really silly overloaded formations). But when you're in a match, if you pause the game, you can adjust them (which makes no sense to me - lock it, or don't).

Loads of 5-3-2 formations that quickly became 3-5-2 formations after the pause/change. Not sure why you wouldn't just choose 3-5-2 from the default list, but clearly there's some exploit in this stuff (everybody seems to be doing it).

I've certainly been guilty of this exploit over the years.:SMOKIN:Depending on the personnel, sometimes it's only possible to achieve full chemistry with certain formations (especially for hybrid teams). The formation obviously completely changes the dynamics of how players are linked, so. One little change can allow the hybrid team you're looking for.

Once you're in game, you switch to your preferred formation for actually playing. Switching formations/player positions doesn't affect chemistry once the match starts. Perhaps those people want their fullbacks to be in a more advanced attacking position, but the links didn't allow the chemistry they were looking for.

I do agree that they should either lock it or alter the chemistry system.

I find FUT and MyClub are more about stress than enjoyment. If I was in my 70s and someone encouraged me to play either, I would knock them out.

It's why I never play FUT for more than a month (if that) every year. Makes me want to pull my hair out and I end up spending a bit more than I'd like. :HAND:

Yeah.. I guess that stats will mean a lot more.

Maybe semi-assisted is the way to go for me. But it is important that I can keep my level when switching to normal settings against friends haha.

The funny thing is that I think crosses is very hard to do this year. There is a massive difference in stats here.

You could try semi-assisted passing, assisted shooting, and manual everything else. I find crossing a lot easier this year (in a good way) on manual with good passers. Don't forget, they added a PES-esque modifier this year. You can now play a manual pass with L1 + R1 + pass!

Guys, the animations of players, etc. I mean, I know it's an easy observation, but it is what it is - we know it's FIFA. It's not anything else. That's the reality of FIFA's plan on the frostbite engine. They have indeed improved A LOT of animations and contextual animations to interact with the ball though - so that also should not be understated. There are so many subtle moves when a player has the ball at his feet. It really is something else from the old FIFA of "dribble-dribble-pass". There's logic, and there's execution. One or the other, just like human beings, can be at fault. It's a really nice element that FIFA has managed to capture this year.

Like someone said earlier, for those that like FIFA, you'll like this game.

Guys, the animations of players, etc. I mean, I know it's an easy observation, but it is what it is - we know it's FIFA. It's not anything else. That's the reality of FIFA's plan on the frostbite engine. They have indeed improved A LOT of animations and contextual animations to interact with the ball though - so that also should not be understated. There are so many subtle moves when a player has the ball at his feet. It really is something else from the old FIFA of "dribble-dribble-pass". There's logic, and there's execution. One or the other, just like human beings, can be at fault. It's a really nice element that FIFA has managed to capture this year.

Very much agree. I've always thought that FIFA goes to shit once you hold down the sprint button, and that includes the sprinting animations. It is what it is. But this year, like Matt said, all the contextual animations and animations when you're on the ball and just using the left stick... they're pretty darn impressive.

no its the ai v ai

Really? That goal at 01:55 That is the first time I have ever seen the AI head the ball back for a team mate to score. First of all that cross from Salah was amazing but the way Mane headed back for Keita to score. That is really something.

Excellent video but like you say the only problem is the free kicks. Hopefully they will fix it but otherwise I am very happy and I don’t even have it yet. Boy this week is dragging. :(

Really? That goal at 01:55 That is the first time I have ever seen the AI head the ball back for a team mate to score. First of all that cross from Salah was amazing but the way Mane headed back for Keita to score. That is really something.

Excellent video but like you say the only problem is the free kicks. Hopefully they will fix it but otherwise I am very happy and I don’t even have it yet. Boy this week is dragging. :(

they’ll probably patch in the referees when they ruin the gameplay for us career mode players so the online kids can sprint all day long

they’ll probably patch in the referees when they ruin the gameplay for us career mode players so the online kids can sprint all day long

No please don’t say that. It seems this time they have really thought about the individuality and the team styles. Surely they would not want to undo all their hard fantastic work.

I also saw a link that someone posted regarding the improvements to Career Mode. Looked very good. Here is the link https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018/fifa-19-career-mode-most-authentic

To keep the online kids happy hopefully they can just add a Super Fast option rather than speed it all up.

i think ive sussed the no foul problem, its that the AI positioning marking was too low on my sliders, i bumped both up to 57 and now the tackles are flying in as the players are much closer together

Honestly, the FIFA 17 dribbling animation is far more smoother than FIFA 18 and FIFA 19. It just seems like they forgot to slow down the animation frames when they changed the player movement speed(accel and sprint speed). The treadmill like running animation is pretty annoying once you see it. Does changing game speed improve it?

Honestly, the FIFA 17 dribbling animation is far more smoother than FIFA 18 and FIFA 19. It just seems like they forgot to slow down the animation frames when they changed the player movement speed(accel and sprint speed). The treadmill like running animation is pretty annoying once you see it. Does changing game speed improve it?

Yes, slow improves it, but not by much, it's FIFA so you know the hyper-animations are always there. It's a game geared for 4 minute halves...

Not sure if you guys have seen, but Mr. Zaro with EA is asking for feedback on gameplay. A lot of gut reactions saying defending is OP and other nonsense...please read through it, I included my own thoughts as well:

Not sure if you guys have seen, but Mr. Zaro with EA is asking for feedback on gameplay. A lot of gut reactions saying defending is OP and other nonsense...please read through it, I included my own thoughts as well:

Kurt's 300 likes in the feedback is something that will make me nervous... A fut player I think.

Kurt's 300 likes in the feedback is something that will make me nervous... A fut player I think.

Even worse. A pro fut player. The problem is that trying to make 1v1 football an e-sport is a bad idea in the first place when 20 out of the 22 footballers are AI controlled. So pro players want to take randomness and AI completely out of the equation, but then it's no longer football of course. Pro clubs would make more sense as a team e-sport. I'm surprised they're not complaining about goalkeepers making saves on their own. I hope EA has some common sense when collecting feedback but it wouldn't hurt to make your own views known in that twitter thread.

I commented that it's a really good game that could use more fouls from the AI offline.

My feedback : Mr Zaro should be sacked. Fifa is no horror game, fam.

He's 100% a FUT player and based on his previous videos where he lambasts FIFA 19, he clearly either knows fuck all about football or only cares about arcade-esque gameplay. Perhaps both.

He complained that the pace is too slow, too much emphasis on passing (because heaven forbid you design a football game where passing is a key component), it's not "fast and fun" enough, players take too many poor touches, the game isn't designed for "skillers," shooting has a learning curve, etc. He acts as if he's the ultimate authority on all things football and FIFA, but doesn't even understand the fundamentals of the sport in which the game is attempting to replicate.

Back
Top Bottom