Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Anyone with an Xbox One who is tempted by EA Access (to get a 10-hour trial with FIFA 19 right now)...

I was under the impression that you had to pay £20 (a year's subscription) for EA Access, but I realised this morning that you can pay £4 for a month's subscription and then cancel it whenever you're done with the trial.

£4 to play FIFA 19, tonight? Take my money.

To play early on PS4, you'd need to buy the special edition versions, which are silly money - for 3-5 days early access.

If I get Origin Access Premier, and choose the monthly billing instead of the yearly one, it says USD 14, what happens if I go through with it, download the game and then right after installing it, cancel my suscription?.

Do I get to keep the game or do they take it away? Would be very weird if they let me keep it for 14 dollars.

upload_2018-9-20_9-16-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-20_9-16-8.png
    upload_2018-9-20_9-16-8.png
    136.9 KB · Views: 1
If I get Origin Access Premier, and choose the monthly billing instead of the yearly one, it says USD 14, what happens if I go through with it, download the game and then right after installing it, cancel my suscription?.

Do I get to keep the game or do they take it away? Would be very weird if they let me keep it for 14 dollars.

View attachment 6579
All I can tell you is how it works on the Xbox - you cancel the subscription after 30 days (at least, I do, just to make sure an immediate cancellation doesn't mean I can no longer access the game, but that's just me being extra-cautious).

BUT at the end of your subscription period, the game stops working.

So I'm paying £4 on the Xbox to play for 10 hours (that's all the trial lasts for, or 10 days - whichever is up first).

I'm happy to pay that to play the game early for a little while...

View attachment 6579

Your access to the game is taken away, you only have access whilst you are paying for Origin extra.

thank you so much!

the gameplay is so much more varied than PES 2019....shots cannoning off players shins, CPU AI playing in different ways.

Plus it looks so good on slow....

EA take my money!!

You're welcome!!
I always see that Fifa is an arcade game, ping pong passes, stupid IA, dumb goalkeepers, to easy to score a rocket, etc..
When you post a video with the opposite, it's really the perfect argument:P
FIFA 19 for me now, is the most complet Fifa since FIFA 08.
Everything is well balanced : attack, defense, contacts, passes, shoots, public reactions, graphics, menus, games mode, licences.

Please EA, don't patch this game, it's almost perfect now.
I've got so much fun to play with it:BSCARF:

You're welcome!!
I always see that Fifa is an arcade game, ping pong passes, stupid IA, dumb goalkeepers, to easy to score a rocket, etc..
Everything is well balanced : attack, defense, contacts, passes, shoots, public reactions, graphics, menus, games mode, licences.

giphy.gif

It really is a very very good game. It seems to be doing everything well, and more importantly nothing badly.

Been playing around with the tactics and they definitely work. I set all the CPU's tactics (for one team) to long ball and changed the players individual instructions and they've been going long. However it's not every single ball they pump up field (which I guess is realistic?). Feels like the tactic side will be quite deep once we can grasp it.

Individualism is really good this year, best I've seen in a FIFA game, again need more time with it but it feels like old skool Winning Eleven variation in players.

Edit: This is with sliders on default btw, only thing I've touched is the game speed. Gonna play with first touch slider. Also I think there might be too much space between the lines at the moment.

It really is a very very good game. It seems to be doing everything well, and more importantly nothing badly.

Been playing around with the tactics and they definitely work. I set all the CPU's tactics (for one team) to long ball and changed the players individual instructions and they've been going long. However it's not every single ball they pump up field (which I guess is realistic?). Feels like the tactic side will be quite deep once we can grasp it.

Individualism is really good this year, best I've seen in a FIFA game, again need more time with it but it feels like old skool Winning Eleven variation in players.

Edit: This is with sliders on default btw, only thing I've touched is the game speed. Gonna play with first touch slider. Also I think there might be too much space between the lines at the moment.
Couldn't agree more. It's a very good game, more so when you slow it down a little and play with sliders. The guys who play on Professional on manual-everything will get a hell of a lot out of this game, if it's not too easy eventually.

My only concern is that those "moments" of tiki-taka are still there, even with League Two teams, when you play on World Class difficulty or above. I will keep fighting for EA to acknowledge that on Twitter - I'm getting nowhere so far - but I have to admit that I can overlook it when everything else is so good. (For the time-being, anyway.)

It still feels like FIFA - and that's not to everyone's taste. But I do often think that a lot of PES fans want a PES game, and not a football game that does things differently. Those guys will never be happy with anything else.

But. Time will tell if FIFA lasts. Not looking forward to the day one patch (which will be needed to fix a few silly bugs, like the tactics resetting from one half to the next)... I've got a horrible feeling about it.

Couldn't agree more. It's a very good game, more so when you slow it down a little and play with sliders. The guys who play on Professional on manual-everything will get a hell of a lot out of this game, if it's not too easy eventually.

My only concern is that those "moments" of tiki-taka are still there, even with League Two teams, when you play on World Class difficulty or above. I will keep fighting for EA to acknowledge that on Twitter - I'm getting nowhere so far - but I have to admit that I can overlook it when everything else is so good. (For the time-being, anyway.)

It still feels like FIFA - and that's not to everyone's taste. But I do often think that a lot of PES fans want a PES game, not a football game, really.

I think with the slow game speed they are showing up less.

I just scored a goal in the counter attack, Kane made a run towards the ball, checked, made a run diagonally into the box, when I cut back instead of swinging in the ball, he made a third run to the near post on the blindside of the defender.

Never seen anything like it before.

For the CPU tactics you set for them to work you need to turn off live updates on the team select screen btw. Otherwise they'll just do their own thing.

Some negatives;

Game keeps forgetting my controller layout, and I'm having to change it before every game.

The ball seems too slow down instead of running out of play at times as others have mentioned.

Just scored a goal with a header from the edge of the box....from a dinked cross....by Eriksen who has never headed a ball in his life, needs sorting.

I need some help, please - I created a custom team sheet, set it as favorite, but I don't know how to switch to it when playing kickoff matches.
Thanks.

Does putting the acceleration slider down to 49 (it's not really an acceleration slider, more of a responsiveness slider) and increasing first touch error have any effect on the Ai's tiki-taka?

I need some help, please - I created a custom team sheet, set it as favorite, but I don't know how to switch to it when playing kickoff matches.
Thanks.

If it's your favourite it will be automatically loaded. You probably need to turn off the live update on the team select screen.

For those who are playing the full game, is there more variety in the build-ups of your own team?
The variety of shooting, crossing and outcomes can be great in the demo, but often, the moves that got you there, especially in the final third but outside the box, can feel very fifa, the same patterns that have been there for a while...
Thanks.

also getting this on PC, has me thinking I'd done something wrong but I never had the problem before, I know other people have had this problem with previous Fifas, no idea what the solution was.

I set my controller in the main menu and seems to have stuck now.

If it's your favourite it will be automatically loaded. You probably need to turn off the live update on the team select screen.
Thanks, I'll have to check that out. It wasn't like this until now, though. The live form did not influence the ability to switch to another team sheet.

Still the demo, but this is the game at its best I think.
0-2 down, can't break down the cpu defence, then a bad tackle taking out a teammate in the process, a loose ball, you just strike it in desperation and it goes in after taking 2 deflections. Felt great. The opposite to the terribly op headers.

I like what I hear about the full game, sounds much improved. I hope the CPU does not always go forward and keeps some possession. Demo was too much end to end.

It still feels like FIFA - and that's not to everyone's taste. But I do often think that a lot of PES fans want a PES game, and not a football game that does things differently. Those guys will never be happy with anything else.

But. Time will tell if FIFA lasts. Not looking forward to the day one patch (which will be needed to fix a few silly bugs, like the tactics resetting from one half to the next)... I've got a horrible feeling about it.

Chris are you playing the final release? I was under the impression you didn't think highly of the demo. What's changed your mind?

About the day one patch, EA have already promised it will not affect gameplay and will just be about sorting bugs and other issues. They've also committed to being much more patient and mindful of changing gameplay this year, so hopefully what happened last year won't repeat.

I wouldn't get your hopes up about them fixing the moments of tiki taka though. It's a pretty minor issue as things go and isn't no where as bad as it once was. Plus, with so many people complaining that playing against the CPU is too easy I doubt they'd do something to weaken the CPU further.

It still feels like FIFA - and that's not to everyone's taste. But I do often think that a lot of PES fans want a PES game, and not a football game that does things differently.

But. Time will tell. Not looking forward to the day one patch (which will be needed to fix a few silly bugs, like the tactics resetting from one half to the next)... I've got a horrible feeling about it.

These tiki-taka moments happen quite a bit. You're right they are in just the most random parts.

The CPU is in a hurry to attack. This is the building numbers in attack that gets flawed a bit because it means numbers are not built, they are blitzed. Run frequency at the typical low value may be the answer here, but not sure. Still need a lot more time with the game. Yesterday was just filled with troubleshooting PC performance issues.

These tiki-taka moments happen quite a bit. You're right they are in just the most random parts.

The CPU is in a hurry to attack. This is the building numbers in attack that gets flawed a bit because it means numbers are not built, they are blitzed. Run frequency at the typical low value may be the answer here, but not sure. Still need a lot more time with the game. Yesterday was just filled with troubleshooting PC performance issues.

Is it worse than in the demo then? Cause I found them to be rare enough (and defensible enough) in both the beta and demo. It also might be that after playing PES, where the one-touch passing by the CPU on Superstar was way way WAY worse, it didn't bother me as much.

But again, with the difficulty levels being too easy (unless it's much different in the final version), I'd be hesitant to focus on those moments at the risk of making the CPU even easier to beat.

Is it worse than in the demo then? Cause I found them to be rare enough (and defensible enough) in both the beta and demo. It also might be that after playing PES, where the one-touch passing by the CPU on Superstar was way way WAY worse, it didn't bother me as much.

But again, with the difficulty levels being too easy (unless it's much different in the final version), I'd be hesitant to focus on those moments at the risk of making the CPU even easier to beat.

They're pretty rare from the games I've been playing. Less than the demo I'd say.

Much less than demo. Compared to the demo, it's in a lot better spot. It still happens, you can see 5-6 guys running straight ahead when the CMF gets the ball. Not super consistent though, but just one of those things to keep an eye out for.

After playing the full Xbox release this evening (well, the 10 hour EA Access trial), I'm so close to just burning up the 10 hours in a couple of days.

I said a little while ago that I hadn't had a "wow" moment in football gaming this generation - that the last one I had was probably FIFA 07 or 08, where the "arena" was first introduced, and for the first time in football gaming history as far as I was concerned, you could feel how free the ball was (and the physics were incredible for the time). For the first time I felt I could "feel" the kick of the ball and compare it to real-life.

Tonight, playing as Liverpool against a friend who was playing as PSG, on slow (which is too slow - but can be rectified with sliders, which will increase fatigue too, which is a happy situation)... I had my first PS4/XB1 generation "wow" moment.

Slow is too slow, but it means you can appreciate every little touch, every subtle thing your player does to the ball (i.e. "Active Touch") to keep possession and keep moving in the direction you're asking them to.

It is insane. The way you can beat a man with a dribble, sometimes with no need to use the right stick even (i.e. the "trick stick").

Now, we played against the AI, on semi-assisted settings, on Professional, and got pumped 4-3 as Man City versus Bournemouth, who played such perfect football that, honestly, I'm worried about the AI. (This coming from a guy who found Legendary a bit easy on the demo.)

But I haven't had chance to play solo against the AI yet - perhaps it was a one-off.

Seriously, though. I thought PES was great on the ball this year. This game... Jesus Christ. It's incredible.

(Ball physics are weird, though, I must admit. Depending on the situation. Lots of strange deflections that speed up the ball when they should be taking speed OFF the ball.)

You're welcome!!

That made me chuckle

Back
Top Bottom