Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I've tweeted these to EA but I've had no replies so far. If you can be bothered (please do be!), follow me on Twitter - @suchChrisDavies - and take a look at the guys I've @'d with your videos (hope you don't mind) and send them something similar.

The more of us who send it, the more chance they'll be arsed to watch them.

Thank you, thought about tweeting them too, but then I thought I'm not an established youtuber which automatically makes your feedback worth taking into account.

This is also an important video, that finally proves that the game can play at a RANDOM SPEED. One match can be slow, the next super fast. And it's in fifa since FOREVER. They've acknowledged it. And yes I've definitely felt it in the demo too. I've had a few slower than normal matches and they were much better.

This is also an important video, that finally proves that the game can play at a RANDOM SPEED. One match can be slow, the next super fast. And it's in fifa since FOREVER. They've acknowledged it. And yes I've definitely felt it in the demo too. I've had a few slower than normal matches and they were much better.

Nah, they've already responded to this, that it's a bug, that player attributes are not correctly loading in the skill games. Nothing to do with game speed.

Nah, they've already responded to this, that it's a bug, that player attributes are not correctly loading in the skill games. Nothing to do with game speed.

Except this guy talks about this happening in a match scenario, just demonstrating the difference in the skill game, and he's 100% correct. If EA say that it only happens in skill games, they are lying, simple as that. This happened all the time in fifa18 for me and is probably the #1 reason I wish the game could completely disappear from my library.

(edit: Or they just don't want to publicly admit that it happens in matches too, but it does, and it always did. absolutely no one would care about this if it only affected the skill game).

Last edited:
Not my experience. Maybe it depends on tactics. Pressure is out of whack. When the AI bunch up and run/press like headless chicken there's always space to exploit. Do tactics even work properly in the demo? Bayern are setup to constant press only on ultra offensive, yet they never stop pressing like mad, and i'm creating chance after chance on the counter, when that shouldn't happen... because they're WINNING. No team plays like that. Dortmund are set up to play possession on all 4 formations, yet all they do is constantly launch a long/through ball and counter. Maybe you are right for teams that are setup in a more balanced/defensive manner and sit back organised, but it's so rare.

Well easier/harder is subjective I suppose. I never feel like I have to engage in a challenging activity when passing and i end up with 80-85% completion, and not on assisted... on semi. I think that if you only ever play assisted on fifa and someone changed the setting to semi to prank you, you would never notice. Frankly I can only feel that some players are worse at passing when playing at semi. The only difference I think is that this year if an opponent can intercept a pass he will do so, so maybe this is harder for some? I don't know.

I don't really mind that though. That's a debate for their e-sport. My problem is the AI hyper response time and the way they play. 85%-90% would be fine for them... if they could chill out and do it playing possession, while not sprinting forward and their passing is realistic (some passes/shots should simply be impossible to make but still happen, like in 18).

Well I was talking about plugging past exploits. Maybe there will be new exploits due to the new features and tactical system, but I've yet to encounter any. You're not the first to mention an issue with too much space when the CPU presses and it could be that they've gone overboard in adjusting from the beta feedback that there wasn't enough risk to using the high pressure tactic, so maybe that's what you're seeing. Definitely didn't see any easy exploits like that against the CPU in the beta, and I think it's kinda tough to evaluate tactics in the short halves of the demo, but yeah, maybe there will be new FIFA 19 exploits. We'll see.

And I wasn't defending the passing system. For me, it definitely needs to work. I was just pointing out that based on match stats, they have made passing more difficult, as you'll now see much lower pass completion percentages than in years past - both for the user and CPU. That's not really subjective - that's grounded in statistics. Definitely agree though that these more realistic pass stats don't really equate to feeling like passing in general is now more realistic. For me it feels more random than ever - because so many animations are so fast and physics/footplanting seem to matter less this year, it's near impossible to know why a pass or shot failed or succeeded.

Definitely didn't see any easy exploits like that against the CPU in the beta, and I think it's kinda tough to evaluate tactics in the short halves of the demo, but yeah, maybe there will be new FIFA 19 exploits. We'll see.

I was just pointing out that based on match stats, they have made passing more difficult, as you'll now see much lower pass completion percentages than in years past - both for the user and CPU.

Best ways to score on legendary is 1) Exploit space left by stupid AI pressing/marking 2) Crosses, if they're actually not too dumb. Having played longer matches on the pc demo I think that -just like with the pes demo-, both issues will be much more apparent in the full game IF gameplay/AI/tactics are the same, which is why I will wait. A lot of pass errors are contextual, so reduce the match length enough and you will get a bigger, seemingly random, statistical deviation. Time will tell :)

Last edited:
you'll now see much lower pass completion percentages than in years past - both for the user and CPU.

As I am repeating the same matchups today though, I will add, that although many teams gravitate too much towards a 87-90% pass completion the longer a match goes on, Dortmund which is the lower rated team in the demo have finished twice at 75% which is very encouraging. And the super human tiki taka certainly does not happen in every game. It just happens once in a while and ruins a game. Maybe there are also bugs with the new tactics as well which may be expected, but when games are problem free, and the cpu makes sense tactically, they are fantastic to play.

Still on world class which may be ideal for me at semi settings + manual crosses (see, doing what I can to avoid using exploits!).

Just make sure you play the base game fully especially in career mode before messing with sliders as according to early access teams play and feel differently like their real counterparts and you might miss out on the individual tactics and feel if you jump straight into the sliders

Rule of thumb is to always test in Career Mode. Uhps, you just reminded me to put that on the OP of our slider thread lol.

Also, make note that in-career competitions, such as Cup matches, always have a bit more of a derby feel, then the derby itself is over the top.

Using the restart match add-on is coin money well spent as well ;)

Worth having a look at Pitch Notes from EA. They have posted three articles in the last few days. Some really good changes and explanations of how matching is done in FUT champions.

Now 30 games instead of 40, can pick which weekends you play, don't need to play every weekend to get decent monthly prizes etc.

EA Community guys being very interactive this year and it is a major plus having that transparency.

So wish they had some kind of competitive game based on non-FUT so you don't have to put in thousands to compete

Reviews are out. Sounds like the kids will be pleased but it's not sounding good to my ears.

Here's the Eurogamer review: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-19-fifa-19-review-the-spectacular-troubling-video-game-modern-football-deserves

When the reviewer says this about FIFA arcade style football "I expect some purists will turn their noses up at this, but I see it as a fun throwback. It's quite nice!" That makes me shudder as FIFA has only been playable, for me, since FIFA09 - Every version before I hated right from the first ever one.

He also says the tactics are excellent.....but he'll never use them. Odd.

But credit wheres its due off the pitch drags you in. But when the whistle goes its a speed fest (in the demo)

Last edited:
Reviews are out. Sounds like the kids will be pleased but it's not sounding good to my ears.

Here's the Eurogamer review: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-19-fifa-19-review-the-spectacular-troubling-video-game-modern-football-deserves
The only major issue that stands out in that review is the speed of the passing (which he describes as "fun", moron).

We can turn pass speed down using sliders, but sadly we can't stop the AI from having those ping-pong moments where it strings 10 first-time bullet-speed passes together, and that's my huge concern.

After playing the demo of PES 2019 and finding the AI garbage (which it is), I've gone and bought a copy of the full game for £25 off eBay, A) so Konami don't get my money directly and B) because the more I play the FIFA 19 demo, the more I feel like I'm just not going to like it against the AI.

Also, for all the talk of EA's transparency this year, they fucking will not reply to me, when I tweet out those videos of the ridiculous AI passing. Which is a huge "yeah we don't care" and/or "that isn't getting fixed buddy".

Finish work in 15 minutes, just in time to get home for the early access.

Hoping a combo of slow game speed, pass and first touch error is the Holy Trinity.

The only major issue that stands out in that review is the speed of the passing (which he describes as "fun", moron).

We can turn pass speed down using sliders, but sadly we can't stop the AI from having those ping-pong moments where it strings 10 first-time bullet-speed passes together, and that's my huge concern.

After playing the demo of PES 2019 and finding the AI garbage (which it is), I've gone and bought a copy of the full game for £25 off eBay, A) so Konami don't get my money directly and B) because the more I play the FIFA 19 demo, the more I feel like I'm just not going to like it against the AI.

Also, for all the talk of EA's transparency this year, they fucking will not reply to me, when I tweet out those videos of the ridiculous AI passing. Which is a huge "yeah we don't care" and/or "that isn't getting fixed buddy".

Yeah, I'm still unsure which game I'll be playing too. I find myself almost longing for the feel of PES but the AI ruins it for me plus I'm not going to lie but all the nongameplay stuff that FIFA does has quite the seducing power over me. It does make a big difference.

But Chris, I know one of the community PR guys and between all the tweets, DMs, facebook, forum messages, etc., the volume they work with is un-fucking-real. So I wouldn't take it so harshly that they're not responding to you. Besides, unless you can connect your complaints to FUT, it's less a priority.

Back
Top Bottom