Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
i will say, that after playing against R.Madrid that the player attributes/stats are to high. what are EA developers smoking? they are god like. so OP. Bale is a one man wrecking machine, he must be in the quantum world being in multiple places at once.
FIFA 19 Gareth Bale
tumblr_nkr4dqK5Sk1qdjpm4o1_500.gif

Last edited:
i will say, that after playing against R.Madrid that the player attributes/stats are to high. what are EA developers smoking? they are god like. so OP. Bale is a one man wrecking machine, he must be in the quantum world being in multiple places at once.
FIFA 19 Gareth Bale

did you not see the champions league final ;)

I'm tempted to take advantage of MS' 2 hour gameplay refund policy to try the full game before fully committing.

Footage from this video seems to be from the full game, and the gameplay does look quite a bit slower to me.

Me too. But aren't there other videos of the full game that are just as fast as the demo?

That video could be from the release version - or it could be from a much older version (possibly beta code, but one supplied to PR guys that allows game capture without the obnoxious watermarks all over it for when people decide to leak beta footage).

Who knows what to believe. But that being said - playing the demo against another person really slows the game down for me (because the AI's psychic tiki-taka isn't possible as a human being), and versus the AI, we'll have sliders to play with.

My big fears are that the AI will always be super-humanly responsive and that it'll be way too easy (and I'm terrible at the game).

I think people that are complaining about high speed tika-taka football are partly responsible themselves. If you continuously hold down the sprint button and press non-stop, the AI just passes around you easily at pace, just as it should be. If you play a more patient and contained game, the AI works the ball harder and this leads to a much more realistic game. Try it.

FIFA 19 Gareth Bale

This

I'm not afraid that Real Madrid are going to be super-perfect, super-hard. I mean, that's the way it should be.
If I ever make it to a certain point of the Champions League with a lower ranked team after many seasons of hard work and Real Madrid gets in my way, I want to be afraid of them. Play the perfect game and beat them or make one mistake and be punished for it. Because if you do win... it would feel a lot better!

I'd be a lot more worried if beating Huesca was that hard.

I think people that are complaining about high speed tika-taka football are partly responsible themselves. If you continuously hold down the sprint button and press non-stop, the AI just passes around you easily at pace, just as it should be. If you play a more patient and contained game, the AI works the ball harder and this leads to a much more realistic game. Try it.

It's not the general pace that I don't like. Although I do think it's still a little fast. However, what's really annoying is when the AI passes between itself, making 5-7 passes as fast as a bullet coming out of a gun. It looks ridiculous.

Partly true and also quite the opposite! Let me explain.

If I try to play the game like football, chances are the Legendary AI will walk all over me (not always). That is if I keep the ball more, make sure I face the proper direction before passing, taking time to control the ball, not spamming what is op, etc. Open space may disappear quicker for me, a high pressing AI may be more likely to catch me off guard and proceed to clinically finish with their fast passing and super accurate volleys. Was it my mistake? Sure. It's harder but not very enjoyable for me. Maybe it's overall a bit better than me playing like an idiot which is why I think you're partly right.

If I give up trying to play like that, and pass the ball just as fast I will escape a pressing game much easier, find plenty of space to counter attack and at the absence of space, launch an OP cross. Now it's actually easy to walk all over the legendary AI but still not very enjoyable.

Many people complained that the game is easy, but I think EAs choice is really between a game that plays like football and is easy for some people and a game that plays like crap (fut) and is still easy for some people. I think this will be hotly contested this year if the final game is anything like the demo. (The main problem here is that passing is ridiculously assisted and too accurate again this year, despite promising otherwise, let's admit that they have NOT delivered "slow, thoughtful passing", AT ALL).

I think they should tweak things slightly or keep all the AI bs separate in the new ultimate difficulty, but not sure how easy it is to do.

Also, this is overall a much much better game than fifa18, probably the best on frostbite so far, it's tons of fun (just not against PSG or City on legendary), and I will most likely buy it and find a combination of settings to enjoy it!

but even R.M have error in their play, and run at realistic human speeds. EA version of them is god like. The running speed alone is comical. If real life game was watched on tv while playing demo the difference would be funny. i understand it's a game made to be hard against the best team but turning stats up to high just makes it annoying to play against, anyway i'll quite:RANT: now.

sliders and stat adjustments should improve it.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to make that video. I honestly think it might help EA see...

I've tried this. I have a three TV setup and I've had PES, FIFA, and a champions league match on at the same time. IMO the running speed isn't comical at all in FIFA. My less than scientific test to me showed that realistic speed lies somewhere between default PES and FIFA.

Running speed is okay. It's the movement of player legs in FIFA that's off (and PES gets closer) and gives the impression that they're moving on fast forward, and it's worse now in 19 because they've made players so hyper-responsive. That combined with some of the turning animations and ball physics, especially on hard shots... that's what's too fast.

Partly true and also quite the opposite! Let me explain.

If I try to play the game like football, chances are the Legendary AI will walk all over me (not always). That is if I keep the ball more, make sure I face the proper direction before passing, taking time to control the ball, not spamming what is op, etc. Open space may disappear quicker for me, a high pressing AI may be more likely to catch me off guard and proceed to clinically finish with their fast passing and super accurate volleys. Was it my mistake? Sure. It's harder but not very enjoyable for me. Maybe it's overall a bit better than me playing like an idiot which is why I think you're partly right.

If I give up trying to play like that, and pass the ball just as fast I will escape a pressing game much easier, find plenty of space to counter attack and at the absence of space, launch an OP cross. Now it's actually easy to walk all over the legendary AI but still not very enjoyable.

Many people complained that the game is easy, but I think EAs choice is really between a game that plays like football and is easy for some people and a game that plays like crap (fut) and is still easy for some people. I think this will be hotly contested this year if the final game is anything like the demo. (The main problem here is that passing is ridiculously assisted and too accurate again this year, despite promising otherwise, let's admit that they have NOT delivered "slow, thoughtful passing", AT ALL).

I think they should tweak things slightly or keep all the AI bs separate in the new ultimate difficulty, but not sure how easy it is to do.

Also, this is overall a much much better game than fifa18, probably the best on frostbite so far, it's tons of fun (just not against PSG or City on legendary), and I will most likely buy it and find a combination of settings to enjoy it!

I kind of feel like that's a description more appropriate to FIFA 18 than 19.

In 18 I crushed the CPU on Legendary, and I totally abused exploits. It wasn't hard, what with speed being OP, the flanks easy to use to bypass the midfield, and the defensive AI too often pretty poor.

But I'm finding all that to be much less the case in 19. EA have done a decent (though not perfect of course) job at plugging those exploits, especially on the wings and with 1-2s. Yes, I'm still scoring too many goals by exploiting speedy wingers, but it's much better than last year.

Meanwhile I am scoring a decent number of goals by playing good football, and I'm finding it easier than ever to do so, especially with how responsive left stick dribbling is. Plus they've nerfed pace this year, so there's even less reason to abuse the counter attacks. So yeah, I'm playing non-exploitative football (more than usual at least) and still finding the CPU too easy on Legendary.

I also disagree about passing. Based on the end game pass stats (and my overall impression of gameplay), looks to me like EA did a pretty good job at making passing harder. I just played a match, BvB vs Man Utd, and I (BvB) finished in the high 70s and Man Utd finished in the mid 80s in pass accuracy. That would never happen in the past without sliders.

Overall, I'm still noticing 90+% pass accuracies, but more than ever before I'm seeing accuracies in the 80s and even lower. Now I completely agree that passing is way too assisted, and it's not especially slow or thoughtful to be sure, but it is less accurate this year at least.

Was playing as Bayern Munich tonight and man city played the long ball through to sterling in plenty of space ahead of him and before I knew what was happening and without any input from me Manuel neuer appeared way out his box as sweeper keeper and had possession of the ball.
Player individualality?

But I'm finding all that to be much less the case in 19. EA have done a decent (though not perfect of course) job at plugging those exploits, especially on the wings and with 1-2s. Yes, I'm still scoring too many goals by exploiting speedy wingers, but it's much better than last year.

Not my experience. Maybe it depends on tactics. Pressure is out of whack. When the AI bunch up and run/press like headless chicken there's always space to exploit. Do tactics even work properly in the demo? Bayern are setup to constant press only on ultra offensive, yet they never stop pressing like mad, and i'm creating chance after chance on the counter, when that shouldn't happen... because they're WINNING. No team plays like that. Dortmund are set up to play possession on all 4 formations, yet all they do is constantly launch a long/through ball and counter. Maybe you are right for teams that are setup in a more balanced/defensive manner and sit back organised, but it's so rare.

I also disagree about passing. Based on the end game pass stats (and my overall impression of gameplay), looks to me like EA did a pretty good job at making passing harder. I just played a match, BvB vs Man Utd, and I (BvB) finished in the high 70s and Man Utd finished in the mid 80s in pass accuracy. That would never happen in the past without sliders.

Overall, I'm still noticing 90+% pass accuracies, but more than ever before I'm seeing accuracies in the 80s and even lower. Now I completely agree that passing is way too assisted, and it's not especially slow or thoughtful to be sure, but it is less accurate this year at least.

Well easier/harder is subjective I suppose. I never feel like I have to engage in a challenging activity when passing and i end up with 80-85% completion, and not on assisted... on semi. I think that if you only ever play assisted on fifa and someone changed the setting to semi to prank you, you would never notice. Frankly I can only feel that some players are worse at passing when playing at semi. The only difference I think is that this year if an opponent can intercept a pass he will do so, so maybe this is harder for some? I don't know.

I don't really mind that though. That's a debate for their e-sport. My problem is the AI hyper response time and the way they play. 85%-90% would be fine for them... if they could chill out and do it playing possession, while not sprinting forward and their passing is realistic (some passes/shots should simply be impossible to make but still happen, like in 18).

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here. This is on World Class...

The thing I love the most is the reaction time of the bayern player who jumped over the ball at around, erm... 00:01. (Sorry can't be more precise, down to the exact millisecond).

Last edited:

The thing I love the most is the reaction time of the bayern player who jumped over the ball at around, erm... 00:01. (Sorry can't be more precise, down to the exact millisecond).
I've tweeted these to EA but I've had no replies so far. If you can be bothered (please do be!), follow me on Twitter - @suchChrisDavies - and take a look at the guys I've @'d with your videos (hope you don't mind) and send them something similar.

The more of us who send it, the more chance they'll be arsed to watch them.

Those nets!? Is this a new type of loose nets or is it a patch on PC?

I've tweeted these to EA but I've had no replies so far. If you can be bothered (please do be!), follow me on Twitter - @suchChrisDavies - and take a look at the guys I've @'d with your videos (hope you don't mind) and send them something similar.

The more of us who send it, the more chance they'll be arsed to watch them.

Just did :)

Back
Top Bottom