Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Here are some things I want to know. Hopefully someone can answer.

• Player acceleration inertia. Does it still feel like acceleration is 0 for every player. It takes so much time even for players like Messi, Hazard and Neymar to accel. Hopefully it's fixed.
  • Does custom tactics works for CPU? Will it finally stop Coventry City playing like Barca?
  • Are bigger teams harder to beat this year? I have read conflicting reports so I would like to know about that?

Good to know that passing now takes account of stats. Hopefully it will make scrappier football in League 2 which I absolutely love.

Here are some things I want to know. Hopefully someone can answer.

• Player acceleration inertia. Does it still feel like acceleration is 0 for every player. It takes so much time even for players like Messi, Hazard and Neymar to accel. Hopefully it's fixed.
    Does custom tactics works for CPU? Will it finally stop Coventry City playing like Barca?
    Are bigger teams harder to beat this year? I have read conflicting reports so I would like to know about that?

Good to know that passing now takes account of stats. Hopefully it will make scrappier football in League 2 which I absolutely love.

I would suggest posting your questions after people have actually played the game.

From the beta, I can tell you that custom tactics definitely work for the CPU and bigger teams were definitely more challenging. For the first time in forever I could start my lower rated players in league cup matches against teams from the lower divisions and know I wouldn't get creamed.

That said, the difficulty level was too low across the board, even on the new Ultimate difficulty. We'll see what it's like in the final build but single player being too easy was my biggest complaint with the game.

Can't really say anything about the acceleration issue as I've never noticed a problem. Pace has been nerfed this year, but that's more to do with top end speed than acceleration. But like I said, you should post again after, you know, people have actually played the game.

E062514A-7C6A-492F-B60D-64C14CFF43E9.png 168D7BDB-49BD-4B3F-BC4D-D66398220B7D.png Saw a video on YouTube that showed they have changed the cup views in career mode from a large bracket to different tabs for each round I hope this means that each round is a random draw like in real life. I’ve alwats hated the predetermined brackets after the 3rd round

Damn! If the final game is the same as the beta I played, where in for an amazing year!

Can't wait to get my career started! :BOP:

any way we can get the demo earlier by using the new zealand trick? fuck i have to wait until 6 in the evening for me to get the demo

I would suggest posting your questions after people have actually played the game.

From the beta, I can tell you that custom tactics definitely work for the CPU and bigger teams were definitely more challenging. For the first time in forever I could start my lower rated players in league cup matches against teams from the lower divisions and know I wouldn't get creamed.

That said, the difficulty level was too low across the board, even on the new Ultimate difficulty. We'll see what it's like in the final build but single player being too easy was my biggest complaint with the game.

Can't really say anything about the acceleration issue as I've never noticed a problem. Pace has been nerfed this year, but that's more to do with top end speed than acceleration. But like I said, you should post again after, you know, people have actually played the game.
I’ve seen people say the game is much more difficult on Fifa 19...

A guy played a Dortmund career mode on YouTube and say it’s a harder game

Please please EA make sure it’s not too easy.

Damn! If the final game is the same as the beta I played, where in for an amazing year!

Can't wait to get my career started! :BOP:

So, how is the passing and difficulty this year? :)

Is there any place that confirms when today the demo will be out?

fifa could be on to something if they did classic teams
As @NIK778899 has already said, that presentation is just incredible.

I would play the hell out of a 70s/80s/90s Career Mode. If that's what replaces The Journey next year, complete with Motty's commentary, I'd be absolutely made up.

Stunning.

going back to the difficulty (single player obvs) discussion for fifa 19 ...

There was many people who found FIFA 18 way too easy even on hardest modes .... just read EA Career Mode section of forums last year and everyone was saying it

Now ... I dont use sliders I think they break game. I play default assists, highest difficulty setting [always have played every football game this way]

If FIFA 19 is back to being difficult ... this will please many Career Mode fan myself included

This guy claims FIFA 19 is hard again ... he even plays on Legendary rather than the new Ultimate difficulty. But maybe he sucks at game??

Anyway here is vid ....

I don't really see how difficult the game can be straight out of the box. The assists 'assist' so by definition make things easier. How do you then make the game more difficult but not have the CPU cheat?

I've often thought that there shouldn't even be difficulty levels in football games. It should just go by the ability of the team your playing with the highest rated teams my definition being the top difficulty of the game.

Didn't one the games used to automatically set the difficulty level based on the users ability, I seem to remember that happening previously.

I don't really see how difficult the game can be straight out of the box. The assists 'assist' so by definition make things easier. How do you then make the game more difficult but not have the CPU cheat?

I've often thought that there shouldn't even be difficulty levels in football games. It should just go by the ability of the team your playing with the highest rated teams my definition being the top difficulty of the game.

Didn't one the games used to automatically set the difficulty level based on the users ability, I seem to remember that happening previously.

I think you're spot on. I think what FIFA didn't really utilize, and by the early looks of it, don't really utilize in this year's version of it either - is make the player stats count. Certain stats count, of course, but in FIFA 18 pretty much any player, be it on Licoln City, Kerala United or Manchester City, could ping passes around like Luka Modric. If the pass stats of the various players actually counted for something (as it has done in earlier versions of PES, for instance), the game would be much more challenging and interesting straight out of the box. It's actually kind of absurd to spend the amount of time and resources EA does in making every player have the right stat, and then just disregard to implement the effect of one the most essential ones in the game.

Never been this excited for a new Fifa since 09!

I was excited for the 14 version too on next gen but I still have fonder memories of 09 which was the year before they put in 360 movement and was the best pro evo game there never was

I'm predicting the following:

- Glowing reception from fans worldwide as the demo is released
- A few days later, some grunts of certain features being niggly
- A couple of weeks in and people are looking forward to the final game
- Final game comes, some are excited, some already point out the flaws
- A few weeks in some remain excited, but a large portion of fans have found the exploits and the weak points
- First patch arrives, makes game quicker and easier, more fans grow tired of the game
- Sliders start circulating, people praising some of the slider makers like they were the second coming of Messiah, only to complain about the slider set a few hours later
- New patch fucks with the sliders
- More people complain, try out PES for a while, some go back to FIFA 16, and some scoure online to see if they can find a copy of PES 5
- By x-mas the talk of town is over what the game could've been and what next year's game can be
- After x-mas a few slider attempts are made, more patches, quicker gameplay, easier gameplay, more people give up
- In april, details of FIFA 20 is released, some optimism arise as one of the promised features is to iron out the glaring big fucking nagging bug of FIFA 19

... and so the years go. :PP

- A few weeks in some remain excited, but a large portion of fans have found the exploits and the weak points
- First patch arrives, makes game quicker and easier, more fans grow tired of the game
- Sliders start circulating, people praising some of the slider makers like they were the second coming of Messiah, only to complain about the slider set a few hours later
- More people complain, try out PES for a while, some go back to FIFA 16, and some scoure online to see if they can find a copy of PES 5
- By x-mas the talk of town is over what the game could've been and what next year's game can be
- After x-mas a few slider attempts are made, more patches, quicker gameplay, easier gameplay, more people give up
- In april, details of FIFA 20 is released, some optimism arise as one of the promised features is to iron out the glaring big fucking nagging bug of FIFA 19

I could add more point but thats what really happens. They fuck up previous editions on PURPOSE.

haha pretty much. Im excited to play it this year as it looks a lot better in the videos I saw.

I'm excited too. I always am, but I try not to expect much. I'm pretty much expecting the same experience as last year, but with edited squads and such. Honestly, although it wouldn't make it a perfect game by any measure, if they could just up the AI difficulty, I'd be happy with that. :)

I have never been so relaxed and patient before.
Not anxious at all.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom