Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Just because the Sun, One Direction, and FIFA don't meet your personal subjective standards of quality does not mean that any of those aren't doing more right than wrong considering their success.

Whether or not you agree with EA's approach to a football game, FIFA is one of the highest selling games for a reason year after year, and it's downright laughable to argue that FIFA has lost its way when it's one of the most profitable and played video game franchises in history.

I like Fifa. Just think it could be a lot better - both games could.
From what I've seen on videos 19 look good.

I like Fifa. Just think it could be a lot better - both games could.
Yes indeed, they both can be a lot better, but what can you do when kids want arcadey gameplay and spend every penny on FUT and only care to have fast fast pass pass and on goal 1 on 1 ....they have to cater the kids and not us

Seen enough videos now (especially vids with people who clearly have no idea how football is played) and need to play the demo. Roll on Thursday.

Seen enough videos now (especially vids with people who clearly have no idea how football is played) and need to play the demo. Roll on Thursday.

This is the thing with all these videos, the people invited to play have no real interest or understanding of football, and couldn't give a damn about trying to play a good game of football.
As long as the pack opening animation is nice they are happy (can you believe a football game has become about pack opening animation ffs!)

In other words, doesn't make buckets of money like FUT. Do they really think we're thick as pig s*** !?

Indeed.

You see this sort of excuse (and it is an excuse) so often in regards to consumer products. You can't invest little to no resources into a product (in this case the offline portion of FIFA) and then cite the low attachment rate as a justification as to why there's a lack of investment. If you don't create a compelling product, people won't flock to it, now will they? Not rocket science, is it.

"We've created a subpar offline offering year after year and wonder why our users aren't taking it to it. It must mean that there's very little interest in offline game modes!"

Repeating myself, but Jesus. Like you said, it's an insult to our intelligence.

Last edited:
Comes as no surprise, the only surprise is that they're now being honest about it. When FUT absolutely prints money then why would they bother pushing anything else... It's not even just the offline modes like Career that get neglected; Pro Clubs has seen zero progress this year as well.

Why did Rutter come out a couple of years ago and say Career Mode is the most played Fifa mode? Some fucker is lying then...

I haven't heard from Rutter since more than two years. Obviosuly it's became increasingly difficult to focus on something else other than FUT/Myclub modes considering how much money they make from that modes.

What I find crazy is let’s say you were in a coma from 2006 and saw videos of the two games being played today you’d say the new FIFA was pro evo and vice versa.

Got the week booked off for release of this, had some good fun on PES last night but I don’t think it will last a month before I’m bored of it

Did Prior actually say, "Career Mode does not reach enough audience from EA's point of view to allocate resources and therefore does not come up on our priorities agenda." or is that Holm talking. Can't believe an EA rep would say that, to be honest.

:LOL:
Bringing the higher number of people in FUT has been their 100%, main focus of the last few years.. and he says "career mode doesn't reach enough audience" with a straight face :LOL:?

At this point it's not even honesty, it's plain mockery.

It does beg the question why The Journey is a thing and resources are spent on it... that's offline, doesn't make money either.

AI still haven't been improved. Talking to Cutzy in the DMs who is part of the game changer. Problems such as big teams being too easy to beat and smaller teams harder to beat, no team styles, the AI will play driven pass through the midfield no matter what player it is, etc. Basically not much improvement or any improvement over the AI or career mode. Also the CPU doesn't follow the new tactics that well either.

I hope PES patches the AI so i have atlesat 1 footie game to play this year.

AI still haven't been improved. Talking to Cutzy in the DMs who is part of the game changer. Problems such as big teams being too easy to beat and smaller teams harder to beat, no team styles, the AI will play driven pass through the midfield no matter what player it is, etc. Basically not much improvement or any improvement over the AI or career mode. Also the CPU doesn't follow the new tactics that well either.

So same old game play (17-18) and same career mode( 14-15-16-17-18) ?
Why buy it? (Not asking you mate) it's just a polished 17/18 with a few new stadiums and licences.
Horrible!

Pretty much all that is the opposite of what I experienced with the beta. Only a few days until the demo. I suggest playing it for yourself before coming to early conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom