FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Is there only one way to play this and it is fully updated? Or is there something like on F16 that we have 1.00/1.01/1.07 to choose from.
These games seem to release in good shape and deteriorate as updates go by. Im talking digital as I have it on Origin
Played a game yesterday and was fun though.
I love my fully patched 17 with the 1.07 sliders from OS (with personal speed adjustments)
Underated game IMO

for me fifa 17 is good in midfield but no matter what I try, any sliders, I easily score from crossing. that bothers me a lot. other than that game is best looking fifa in my opinion, except for nets, they look like cages.

That's pretty much the story of FIFA 15-16-19 (think I had more problem scoring on crosses on 18)
20 is hardly any crosses hitting targets ,let alone corners.
Never been an issue for me on Fifa 15-16-17-18 though since I use semi shooting/manual crosses ,think I have a decent ratio in crossed goals.

I play on manual too. very easy to break the fullbacks and cross the ball, scoring after that is easy.
Ive had a tough (or normal ) time getting in behind the back four with my Fiorentina.
And how you play obviously ,I don't play down the wings that much ,some switching to move them etc ,but a lot centrally.
If there's an exploit ,then I'd probably stay away from exploiting that

Last edited:
I never had an easy time scoring in Fifa 17. I remember matches in which I used to bomb the box in every possible way and the damn shot would always go out of an hair lol. But I guess it's one of those cases different people have completely different experiences.

I never had an easy time scoring in Fifa 17. I remember matches in which I used to bomb the box in every possible way and the damn shot would always go out of an hair lol. But I guess it's one of those cases different people have completely different experiences.
And sliders.
I had a very tough set 3/4 of my season 1-0/1-1-/0-1/0-0 were the scores for most games ,now that I've changed it I'm between 1-3 depending on opponent's.
But I'm with you ,I find it tough too.
Lots of blocked shots.

Unpopular opinion on my part (maybe because haven't really set up my 16 properly yet). right now I actually prefer this one over 16 ,a few tiny and ridiculous things like the sound when hitting the ball in 16 sounds weird (console) obviously tiny ball on 17 I know ,but it doesn't bug me tbh.

And looks/AI is really really good.
Maybe when I give 16 more love it'll swing over ,but I'm really liking this game.

I'm really struggling as Alex Hunter , been loaned out from Bournemouth which I assume happens as part of story , not scored one goal yet but I'm playing some nice football and starting each game and had a few chances. Missed my pen in EFL cup too . Can't tell you how much I want a goal 🤣

Downloaded and started playing this again this week. It's scratching my football itch at the moment.

Can someone provide some links to what I need to download to get this as up to date and playing as well as it can.

What's people's opinion on the Journey on 17 , I find it impressive and really engaging if 22 single player career mode is the same I'll get 22 just for that
Garbage. Cheesy soap-opera aside, you have practically zero agency in regards to the player you're navigating through these scenarios. I don't want to be Alex Hunter, I don't care about Alex Hunter, so why should I care about The Journey? NBA 2K proves you can have your over-the-top story line and a created character too. There's zero reason not to have both. Why I feel like this is an issue for such a game mode and not for other single-player games is that a sports career mode (from my perspective), is all about projection and wish fulfillment. If I'm not invested in my character which is the entire crux of the game mode, then I'm not going to enjoy myself. MLB: The Show's Road To The Show shits all over anything FIFA or PES have ever done in regards to a player career mode.

I want self-insertion (or whatever concept I have for a player at that time) for my career, not a predetermined character.

Unpopular opinion on my part (maybe because haven't really set up my 16 properly yet). right now I actually prefer this one over 16 ,a few tiny and ridiculous things like the sound when hitting the ball in 16 sounds weird (console) obviously tiny ball on 17 I know ,but it doesn't bug me tbh.

And looks/AI is really really good.
Maybe when I give 16 more love it'll swing over ,but I'm really liking this game.

FIFA 17 is statistically my most played FIFA by quite some margin. Deservedly so, I played a lot of co-op career mode campaigns. I was playing FIFA 17 up until the release of FIFA 19 since I wasn't a big fan of 18. Good times. The only reason I don't return to it is that to my knowledge, there aren't any full-fledged 20/21 season mods (faces and all of that). Otherwise, I'd be playing it right now. It also goes to show that yes, a Frostbite powered FIFA can be good.

FIFA 17 is statistically my most played FIFA by quite some margin. Deservedly so, I played a lot of co-op career mode campaigns. I was playing FIFA 17 up until the release of FIFA 19 since I wasn't a big fan of 18. Good times. The only reason I don't return to it is that to my knowledge, there aren't any full-fledged 20/21 season mods (faces and all of that). Otherwise, I'd be playing it right now. It also goes to show that yes, a Frostbite powered FIFA can be good.
I often think about may be trying to do an updated mod for it. If only we could find a way to import models in the game. It would likely help fixing the tiny ball problem (even if I am fairly ok with it now) and also allow updating face for newer players (using retired players I'd for example). Because now we can import texture but to find a model that would ressemble the player would be painful and approximative.

Last edited:
Had some good games on this today. I do think it could end up being my favourite FIFA, some of the issues I have with 16 are fixed, and I'm getting used to the ball. The IMStudios Mod is out with new kits etc. Some of the players and faces are missing, but they reckon it will be updated this week.

Had some good games on this today. I do think it could end up being my favourite FIFA, some of the issues I have with 16 are fixed, and I'm getting used to the ball. The IMStudios Mod is out with new kits etc. Some of the players and faces are missing, but they reckon it will be updated this week.
Love this game ,and I'm on console...
Truly great AI to play against ,looks very good too.

A few 17 mods I've made here also for those who are keen!

FIFA 17 Broadcast Camera Mod - https://mega.nz/file/od9EGDLC#trV1LQG-cNG6jVGCu41Ekx5Z23DS-nqFhDsQ5z1v_uE

Gameplay penalty cam / No camera shake after goal - https://mega.nz/file/wQ0EQL4R#ekpRvhqgRH9vVTTKMBbvLv0AU46mVxkJZcwdkcb9GdE

FIFA 21 Goal Net for 17 (shape only, not colour unfortunately) - https://mega.nz/file/NAtkhRjS#7OwnVxNnzVPe9ETTbiHTgdSl3Rps8rVdw4JWi7HHlCo
Are these drag and drop mods? Or do they need to be put through a program?

I did own fifa 17 at some point, but sold it when selling my ps4.
Can't really recall this one, except for 2 things (if i recall correctly) :

If you press the shot button a second time it does a low driven shot.
Ball size was terrible, looked way too small.

Is this correct?

Btw i fixed the CPU Attacking AI by changing the custom tactics following Kreb's custom tactics in operationsports and it made a lot of team much more better in the attacking phase. Custom tactics are very impactful in FIFA 17 compared to FIFA 16 or FIFA 15.

Something about 17's on-the-ball gameplay just feels off to me. It feels like it's stuck half-way between FIFA 16's "weight" and modern FIFA's "completely free movement, light-as-a-feather" - but not in a good way. Almost in a "glitchy" way, but I don't know how to explain it properly.

Sometimes I will try to move my player with a defender on my shoulder, and it's like I'm stuck in tar. Sometimes I'll be dribbling and the responsiveness of the body movement isn't enough to beat a man when it should be given the player I'm using. It feels like I'm fighting the controller a little bit, I don't know.

It's the FIFA game I think I've spent most time on by far - I loved my career mode save, because it's the FIFA with the biggest difference between good/bad teams* (which is really satisfying, beating poor teams 5-0 but getting beat by the big boys, instead of every game having a similar scoreline).

But yeah, it doesn't feel great going back to it now, for some reason.

*Excluding FIFA World Cup 2010, which I played again the other day and oh my God. I'd forgotten what that could do. Playing on Legendary I was beating teams like San Marino easily, but France destroyed me 5-0 and I was laughing as they did it. Still a fantastic game.

Updated ,on console!
But I'm thinking about getting a disc version eventually.
Yeah, it could be a good idea.
It's been some time since I last played FIFA 16, but I seem to remember that in the the "latest" FIFA 16 patch (and the couple of ones before that) the CPU got a little too one-dimensional.
As far as I recall, CPU attacks were more varied in the vanilla game and in the first (and second) patch.

Yeah, it could be a good idea.
It's been some time since I last played FIFA 16, but I seem to remember that in the the "latest" FIFA 16 patch (and the couple of ones before that) the CPU got a little too one-dimensional.
As far as I recall, CPU attacks were more varied in the vanilla game and in the first (and second) patch.
Vanilla feels a lot different Vs updated.
Updated is a good game too if you compare to newer ones.

Btw i fixed the CPU Attacking AI by changing the custom tactics following Kreb's custom tactics in operationsports and it made a lot of team much more better in the attacking phase. Custom tactics are very impactful in FIFA 17 compared to FIFA 16 or FIFA 15.
Do you happen to have the link? I checked on OS and the link is dead.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom