FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

@rockstrongo you are really selling this to me. I might give this another go. Can you please post your settings (camera etc…) and sliders.

No rush though rock ;)

Let's see geeeee.
Legendary and 10 min.
Semi pass/shoot the rest manual.
Fifa 16 default cam.
And I'm using OS 1.07 slider set.
With modifications to suit me and more importantly get some of the frenzy from leg CPU down.
I'm playing as Fiorentina and Serie A .
Sprint 35/35
Acce. 45/45
Pass E 55/60
Pass S 40/30
First T. 55/60

Suits my Serie A pretty good ,lots of build up play from the CPU.
I've tried the 1.07 original ,works pretty good too ,a bit more frenzy , especially playing with/Vs higher rated league (PL).
If I'm not mistaken you're a manual guy right?
Professional/WC?
If so raise pass speed for the CPU (and maybe yourself if manual) to 45/45 and go from there.
No magic slider setting here ,adjust to your liking and gameplay style.

These play very good for me.
Leg makes the CPU very sharp ,but toned down with a slower pace and more importantly slower pass speed.

And as you know,camera angle is making a huge difference in how the game plays.
Broadcast feels sluggish ,Tele cam faster etc.
Also needs to be considered

Good point about Krebstars custom tactics. The thread is still on Operation Sports.

This FIFA the CT actually work and make a difference to the play styles.

Edit: Didn't realise the link was dead.

I think FIFA 17 was the game I was waiting the most for. I even had the chance to play it at Gamescom in the EA lounge before release and I remember that I told a buddy that I'm disappointed because the game was so boring and stiff compared to FIFA 16. After release I tried to play this game and I think I finished three seasons but it never clicked. It reminded me a lot at the PES 2008 situation: I loved PES 6 but I was so hyped for PES 2008 and then the game wasn't really good. It's a hard comparison I know but an engine switch isn't always good. There are great things in the game but overall I can't play it for a longer time.

Pf yepp. Its not even in the game list for ps4. Still psn should remove the tag too from the game...
I think EA Play had it as a separate download for a while ,just the story møde ,can be wrong though.
I eas pissed off when 15/16/17/18 disappeared ,the only playable games

Funny thing ,I haven't played this in a while ,been playing loads of 20
Here's the thing ,I got bored!.
Probably because it's much more of a SIM than 20 ,and being used to that I felt that I didn't get rewarded enough.
Is this how FUT kids feel when playing a SIM like game?

I'm more likely than not to keep 17 going b cause it feels pretty damn good.

Funny thing ,I haven't played this in a while ,been playing loads of 20
Here's the thing ,I got bored!.
Probably because it's much more of a SIM than 20 ,and being used to that I felt that I didn't get rewarded enough.
Is this how FUT kids feel when playing a SIM like game?

I'm more likely than not to keep 17 going b cause it feels pretty damn good.
I "re-cycle" every month my Fifa Installations. Last week I tested Fifa 22, just to be going sure I didn´t come to the Idea to buy the game at current state. Playing also some Fifa 20 Matches. Since 3 days I am back at Fifa 18.
I am sure in October I get back at Fifa 17 too. :D It´s just an big difference to play Fifa 17 or Fifa 20 and up. Only thing what hardly missed at Fifa 17 is the possibility to mod the game in the way we can mod Fifa 20 or Fifa 21, especially the fact of so much generic Faces inside Fifa 17 and no way to replace them is awful. But from Gameplay there is just no comparison to Fifa 19-Fifa 22. Right from the start without any GP mods Fifa 17 feels like the best we can get since the days of Fifa 16. I hardly think we will stay a long time with the "oldies but goldies" Fifa Installations on our Rigs.
Like I mentioned after testing the Full Trial version of Fifa 22 there is for me no serious reason to buy the game. Feels just like Fifa 21 with updated Squads.

I "re-cycle" every month my Fifa Installations. Last week I tested Fifa 22, just to be going sure I didn´t come to the Idea to buy the game at current state. Playing also some Fifa 20 Matches. Since 3 days I am back at Fifa 18.
I am sure in October I get back at Fifa 17 too. :D It´s just an big difference to play Fifa 17 or Fifa 20 and up. Only thing what hardly missed at Fifa 17 is the possibility to mod the game in the way we can mod Fifa 20 or Fifa 21, especially the fact of so much generic Faces inside Fifa 17 and no way to replace them is awful. But from Gameplay there is just no comparison to Fifa 19-Fifa 22. Right from the start without any GP mods Fifa 17 feels like the best we can get since the days of Fifa 16. I hardly think we will stay a long time with the "oldies but goldies" Fifa Installations on our Rigs.
Like I mentioned after testing the Full Trial version of Fifa 22 there is for me no serious reason to buy the game. Feels just like Fifa 21 with updated Squads.
Same here ,I recycle FIFA 15-20 quite often ,and to me 17 and 20 turn d out to be my most played the past years ,15+16 got a lot of playing time too

Not for a while ,I have it ,should give it a go and see how it feels.
Bit rough around the edges for sure, but I’m finding teams play differently on career mode, and definitely elements of individuality here. Great depth in career mode although this is only 2nd career mode on fifa I’ve got into so latter iterations may be much better in this regard

Bit rough around the edges for sure, but I’m finding teams play differently on career mode, and definitely elements of individuality here. Great depth in career mode although this is only 2nd career mode on fifa I’ve got into so latter iterations may be much better in this regard
I enjoyed it the last time I played it , gameplay really solid

This is a stretch and a very tough one to answer @Matt10
Do you have any notes/memory how this game played during it's lifetime?
Example ,is vanilla "better" than 1.07 etc.
I'm investigating the sliders thread on OS too ,but I'd thought I'd give it shot checking with you buddy.

And obviously all other input from the community is welcomed.

Did you ever find out?
@Topaz any insight?

If anyone wants to give a go at FIFA17 vanilla version on PC, here is a link toward the Superdeluxe unlocked (not cracked). If you already have FIFA17 installed, just rename your current folder and extract the content of the downloaded rar to your origin games directory.
Launch the game off line with your Origin account, it will work (may be the last FIFA where update was not enforced for offline too).

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:19e8843f8a11858a33279ff7342c80b8c2515009&dn=FIFA+17+Super+Deluxe+Edition-FULL+UNLOCKED&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I find it plays probably better than the updated version, but it has a big issue. AI defenders give up their runs when tracking the attacker on the side line just at the height of the box, which lead too often to easy opportunity to cross or enter the box from the side.

Did you ever find out?
@Topaz any insight?

I am still unable to make the AI actually good at attacking. They seem to either over dribble or over pass when they have an easy through pass and they always play it too safely. I wonder if something can be changed to make them play a bit more direct and risky?

If anyone wants to give a go at FIFA17 vanilla version on PC, here is a link toward the Superdeluxe unlocked (not cracked). If you already have FIFA17 installed, just rename your current folder and extract the content of the downloaded rar to your origin games directory.
Launch the game off line with your Origin account, it will work (may be the last FIFA where update was not enforced for offline too).

Code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:19e8843f8a11858a33279ff7342c80b8c2515009&dn=FIFA+17+Super+Deluxe+Edition-FULL+UNLOCKED&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

I find it plays probably better than the updated version, but it has a big issue. AI defenders give up their runs when tracking the attacker on the side line just at the height of the box, which lead too often to easy opportunity to cross or enter the box from the side.

I find the demo having better AI attacking patterns than the latest version but like you mentioned, it's easy to get pass a player especially if you have a speedy winger or striker.

Code:

Nice share! I will try this one out. Is there something we can adjust with the locale.ini by this Issue with AI defenders? I know there is not much love what Fifa 17 previously gets. But maybe an Fifa 18 entry for the locale.ini here. Needs to be tested. Start to copy over my Fifa 17 Installation.

Code:

I've just figured out how to do this to unlock the footballing bliss of 16, so you know this is gonna be next on MY lost FIFA gameplay pilgrimage.

I remember the transistion to Frostbite led to a huge loss of that fluidity & inverse kininatics of the ignite versions. I also remember players could never seem to figure out where the ball ws when controlling it.

They resembled bi-pedal creatures learning to play football before they learned to walk & stand up right.

I remember the transistion to Frostbite led to a huge loss of that fluidity & inverse kininatics of the ignite versions. I also remember players could never seem to figure out where the ball ws when controlling it.

It's as if they started working on porting the game to frostbite 2 years earlier using 15 as a base. Not saying that's what happened, but 15 feels similar compared to 16.

Of course it's amazing that in retrospect after all these years, it's also the best frostbite Fifa and it's not even close. Assuming you can handle the tiny ball which I really can't for long, ha. Good & fair AI, an actual midfield (probably for the last time!) and the good weight to the ball physics can keep you playing. Twitchy animations and the ball size can make you stop.

Last edited:
It's as if they started working on porting the game to frostbite 2 years earlier using 15 as a base. Not saying that's what happened, but 15 feels similar compared to 16.

Of course it's amazing that in retrospect after all these years, it's also the best frostbite Fifa and it's not even close. Assuming you can handle the tiny ball which I really can't for long, ha. Good & fair AI, an actual midfield (probably for the last time!) and the good weight to the ball physics & players can keep you playing. Twitchy animations and the ball size can make you stop.
Well I actually played the demo of 15 over the weekend and other than it being faster than I remembered, it's not too desimilar to 16. Being that it sad the first pure next gen Fifa with a raft of revamps I thought it was the best football game I ever played, until 16 came along & polished it all up...

But regarding 17, I went through sumilar excitement, expecting visuals & physics that would border on football perfection but I forgave it for being a little janky. When I replayed 18 last year I didn't think it was that bad at all but when you're playing a world cup & 64 games, the issues with the lack of variety compared to 16 begin to surface.

It was next to impossible to score powerful goals from range, free kicks had weird physics on them & the beginning of phantom keepers had its roots. Of course this was on the last update of 18 so I'm curious to see what pre-patched 17 is like before the usual speeding up & culling of animation data occurs in the subsequent patching.

Now, to find a cheap key for 17...

Back
Top Bottom