FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

This game has in my opinion the most human like AI in any football game. The ratio of dribbling/passing by the AI is really similar to another human. They sometime dribble when they should not. Also, It is really rare to see more than two first time passes in a string. They are missing passes when under pressure and sometime just out of the blue. They also sometime miss the target when you already think you will have to go to get the ball in the back of the net.

What is also highly appreciable, is that the error proneness depends on stats more than any other game I have played. Bad teams are bad and more often than not, playing a lower division team is a walk in the park which makes those games quite relaxing to play. Good teams are good and there, you need to be constantly on your toes to get something, as it should be.

The variety in the tactical approaches of the teams is also really good. I have seen team playing short intricate passing play (Arsenal), others pressing you hard to get the ball high up the pitch and kill you in 2, 3, passes (Totthenam), others letting you the possession and sending long ball in your back to their strikers (Chelsea). Lower sides have difficulty escaping pressure and are giving back the ball.

Animation wise, it holds up really well for a frostbite game. There is still some clipping, but there is not too much sliding.
I only wish the ball was bigger.
Really solid game!
Hi Pap,
always appreciate your reviews and how do you see different games and also your Effort a.e. the Fifa 20 GP Lab. Right in the last days I get back from some "Attempts" to play Fifa 21 again, but it´s just lost IMO. Now I am back with Fifa 20 and testing me through the GP Lab which you started last years. It´s really enjoying what all the Contributors have find by studiying the massive amount of GP related Files with Frosty Editor. It´s really fun at the moment to test the different Combos of the GP Lab.
Anyway, this time you speaking about Fifa 17. I am agree with you it´s the most different Frostbite game of them all till date. I also like to play it because of it´s less scripted GP consider to the other Frostbite Fifa´s. I have the Feeling there are much good old Engine DNA from Fifa´s before in it like Fifa 16 or maybe 15. Of course the different Engine where the games are build is huge. Fifa 17 where out of luck because there are only less mods for it because of the late release of Frosty Tools. But GP wise it´s really motivating to play. I had a time where I tried to mod the game with Fifa 18 mods which was no Problem to use it for Fifa 17. But it ends with lack of real Faces amount in the Game. That´s the only Point I often lost Interest to play it longer than a couple of weeks.
What is really awesome feature in Fifa 17 is the flat finesse shot with your Player you are able to execute by double clicking your shoot Button and holding the finesse shot button ( in my case L2 ) on my Dualshock 4 Controller. It´s a finish for an goal which looks awesome realistic. Just like real Strikers in Football when there are in the box and have this shooting chance. It´s also able in Fifa 18. But after 18 EA makes it unneccessary difficult to shot that flat finesse shot. From Fifa 19-21 when you are holding Finesse shot Button and double execute shoot button the ball just go higher in the air.
I guess it would be interesting to search Fifa 17 GP Attributes if they are differ to Fifa 20 GP Lab findings. But on the other hand if we playing Fifa 17 there is no need to fiddle around with the Gp. The Vanilla GP in Fifa 17 is best what EA created for an Frostbite Fifa. I just had thoughts to take some GP from Fifa 17 a.e. into Fifa 21 if that possible to make the game more enjoyable. :))
Anyway, I am just afraid of the Future about Fifa because of Fifa 21. If EA stays in that direction we need to stay with old Fifa´s. But I am annoyed to imagine playing Fifa 16 or 17 in the year 2030! :CONF:

Hi Pap,
always appreciate your reviews and how do you see different games and also your Effort a.e. the Fifa 20 GP Lab. Right in the last days I get back from some "Attempts" to play Fifa 21 again, but it´s just lost IMO. Now I am back with Fifa 20 and testing me through the GP Lab which you started last years. It´s really enjoying what all the Contributors have find by studiying the massive amount of GP related Files with Frosty Editor. It´s really fun at the moment to test the different Combos of the GP Lab.
Anyway, this time you speaking about Fifa 17. I am agree with you it´s the most different Frostbite game of them all till date. I also like to play it because of it´s less scripted GP consider to the other Frostbite Fifa´s. I have the Feeling there are much good old Engine DNA from Fifa´s before in it like Fifa 16 or maybe 15. Of course the different Engine where the games are build is huge. Fifa 17 where out of luck because there are only less mods for it because of the late release of Frosty Tools. But GP wise it´s really motivating to play. I had a time where I tried to mod the game with Fifa 18 mods which was no Problem to use it for Fifa 17. But it ends with lack of real Faces amount in the Game. That´s the only Point I often lost Interest to play it longer than a couple of weeks.
What is really awesome feature in Fifa 17 is the flat finesse shot with your Player you are able to execute by double clicking your shoot Button and holding the finesse shot button ( in my case L2 ) on my Dualshock 4 Controller. It´s a finish for an goal which looks awesome realistic. Just like real Strikers in Football when there are in the box and have this shooting chance. It´s also able in Fifa 18. But after 18 EA makes it unneccessary difficult to shot that flat finesse shot. From Fifa 19-21 when you are holding Finesse shot Button and double execute shoot button the ball just go higher in the air.
I guess it would be interesting to search Fifa 17 GP Attributes if they are differ to Fifa 20 GP Lab findings. But on the other hand if we playing Fifa 17 there is no need to fiddle around with the Gp. The Vanilla GP in Fifa 17 is best what EA created for an Frostbite Fifa. I just had thoughts to take some GP from Fifa 17 a.e. into Fifa 21 if that possible to make the game more enjoyable. :))
Anyway, I am just afraid of the Future about Fifa because of Fifa 21. If EA stays in that direction we need to stay with old Fifa´s. But I am annoyed to imagine playing Fifa 16 or 17 in the year 2030! :CONF:
Unfortunately we don't have access to the gameplay files of FIFA 17 the same way we do for FIFA 20. If we did we did it would be amazing!

any patch with updated season 2021/2022 for this???
No, unfortunetly there is no newer Patch. The only thing I know is that IMS Studio Website provides some updated Squad Files. But last time I tested the Squad File it´s not really complete. There are many missing Players and many Players from the original Teams are disappeared. So I prefer playing with the "old" Squads but at least with complete Rosters.

This game has in my opinion the most human like AI in any football game. The ratio of dribbling/passing by the AI is really similar to another human. They sometime dribble when they should not. Also, It is really rare to see more than two first time passes in a string. They are missing passes when under pressure and sometime just out of the blue. They also sometime miss the target when you already think you will have to go to get the ball in the back of the net.

What is also highly appreciable, is that the error proneness depends on stats more than any other game I have played. Bad teams are bad and more often than not, playing a lower division team is a walk in the park which makes those games quite relaxing to play. Good teams are good and there, you need to be constantly on your toes to get something, as it should be.

The variety in the tactical approaches of the teams is also really good. I have seen team playing short intricate passing play (Arsenal), others pressing you hard to get the ball high up the pitch and kill you in 2, 3, passes (Totthenam), others letting you the possession and sending long ball in your back to their strikers (Chelsea). Lower sides have difficulty escaping pressure and are giving back the ball.

Animation wise, it holds up really well for a frostbite game. There is still some clipping, but there is not too much sliding.
I only wish the ball was bigger.
Really solid game!
I've preferred 17 Vs 16 for a long time, nice to see it getting the praise it deserves.
I play broadcast cam,and the small ball isn't that much of an issue there.

Since I'm on console I'm playing the games as they are,that's probably why I think 17 is much better Vs 16

I've preferred 17 Vs 16 for a long time, nice to see it getting the praise it deserves.
I play broadcast cam,and the small ball isn't that much of an issue there.

Since I'm on console I'm playing the games as they are,that's probably why I think 17 is much better Vs 16
I couldn't agree with this statement much more, because I have played this game now for two weeks and I must say that I don't remember when was the last time that I have had so much fun playing a football game like I did playing FIFA 17 for past two weeks...
But I have a few questions:
Is it possible to disable "flying" grass "effect" when hitting ball, making sharp turns, making sliding tackles and so on?
Is it possible to mod db like it was possible in earlier games?
And it can't be that I am the only one for which the game loads the wrong stadium from time to time? It happened couple of times in The Journey when a training ground was loaded instead of an actual stadium, tho there were still sound of the fans, while there is none of them in training ground and now I have noticed the same thing in Ultimate Team that the wrong stadium is loaded for the game... How EA didn't fixed it?

I couldn't agree with this statement much more, because I have played this game now for two weeks and I must say that I don't remember when was the last time that I have had so much fun playing a football game like I did playing FIFA 17 for past two weeks...
Is it possible to disable "flying" grass "effect" when hitting ball, making sharp turns, making sliding tackles and so on?
And it can't be that I am the only one for which the game loads the wrong stadium from time to time? It happened couple of times in The Journey when a training ground was loaded instead of an actual stadium, tho there were still sound of the fans, while there is none of them in training ground and now I have noticed the same thing in Ultimate Team that the wrong stadium is loaded for the game... How EA didn't fixed it?
Hey buddy,glad you like it,it's a great game isn't .
Well I'm on console so all modding is out of my knowledge range.
The wrong stadium thing sounds weird never happen to me on console.
Sorry I can't help you with this but there's plenty of guys in here who probably can.
I'm fw this to @papinho81 bet he can or know someone who can answer it.
Good luck

Hey buddy,glad you like it,it's a great game isn't .
Well I'm on console so all modding is out of my knowledge range.
The wrong stadium thing sounds weird never happen to me on console.
Sorry I can't help you with this but there's plenty of guys in here who probably can.
I'm fw this to @papinho81 bet he can or know someone who can answer it.
Good luck

Sorry, this stadium mixing error never happened to me with 17. I have only played exhibs and cm games though.
Are you using any mod?

The db can be edited. You need to export it with frosty editor, edit it on say excel, then reimport the edited db with frosty editor.

Sorry, this stadium mixing error never happened to me with 17. I have only played exhibs and cm games though.
Are you using any mod?

The db can be edited. You need to export it with frosty editor, edit it on say excel, then reimport the edited db with frosty editor.
Boss!

Are you using any mod?

No I haven't, bought game two weeks ago and had only vanilla experience downloaded straight from Origin... As far as I am aware soccergaming don't have FIFA 17 editing/modding section at all... Do you know a place where to find info about FIFA 17 modding possibilities (what is possible and what isn't) and tutorials for frosty editor, because from what you descibed it isn't as easy/straight forward as with Creation Master for FIFA 16?

A little additional Note to Paps advice: After you have extracted the DB via Frosty Editor you must open them with the good old DB Master 15 wellknown by any Fifa 16 Player. Than export your desired Tables and open them with Excel or similar Programm. A.e. I use Libre Office. ;-)
If you interested in an "newer" Squad than the defaults from Season 16/17 and some really good Graphic Editions like new kits, boots, some new Faces than check this link out: https://www.imstudiomods.com/fifa-17

These Dudes provides updated Squad Files for older Fifas. But be aware, it´s not a complete overhaul and many missing Transfers in it. But it´s an Option to have newer Squads. And the Graphic Frosty mod are around 700 MB, that´s a good amount of content. Both mods are working flawless. I checked and played with both, the Squad File and the Graphic Mod.
Just try it. You need of course Frosty Mod Manager Version 1.5.9 to load the mod into the Game.

There are only a handful of Mods in the WEB for Fifa 17. Here is the link to Fidel Gameplay mods like an enhanced Camera, enhanced Gameplay Mod and the very nice 4k LOD Tool. All still downloadebale on Fidel Gameplay Site.
For me it´s just great to play with this Camera, where you can have awesome Camera hight and Zoom. Not available with EA´s Default Camera Settings.

Here is the link: https://doctorfidel.wixsite.com/coldopen

Also you can play with a special Squad File where you can choose to play with young Team. With it you can play with Alex Hunter and his companions from the official The Journey Gameplay mod from EA. It´s really fun to play with only young guns in Career mode. Lead your team from 4 th english Division to the Top is a possible Scenario. ;-)

Also you can play with a special Squad File where you can choose to play with young Team. With it you can play with Alex Hunter and his companions from the official The Journey Gameplay mod from EA. It´s really fun to play with only young guns in Career mode. Lead your team from 4 th english Division to the Top is a possible Scenario. ;-)
Great info and service buddy.

You are Welcome. I always like to see that many People still like to play Fifa 17. It´s a damn shame that the first Frosty Tools released so damn late in 2017 that there are just this handfull of mods was made. The release was close to Fifa 18, therefore every modder concentrates for Fifa 18 modding.
Just a last recommendation, Guys: The RDBM 21 Tool works like a charme with all Frostbite Fifas. So also for Fifa 17! It´s an really amazing Tool where you can edit your on going Career File and of course you can mod any Squad File you have in your Fifa 17 Documents Folder.
Here for anybody who is interested in the link! The Documention how to use it should be in the readme inside the download. If not, just Google RDBM Fifa Tool and you will lead to Soccergaming Thread where an detailed explaination is provided how to use the Tool.

Link to a very good step by step You Tube Video:
The Guy shows the working of the Tool by Fifa 21, but like I mentioned you can use it for Fifa 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21!

This is the link for RDBM 21 hosted at Fifa Infinity Website: https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-21/revolution-db-master-21/

Everything should downloadable without Adds. Only what I know at IMS Studio it could be that you must click 1 or 2 times to see the link. ;-)

Everything is free! If somebody told you other he is a liar.

If anybody need the Decryption key for the Frosty Tools just Google for it and you will find it. But to be honest the Frosty Tools version 1.5.9 didn´t need everytime the description key. But if so and you can´t find them and need them PM me and I will send you the decryption key. I will not provide them here in public link because it could be "wrong" in Terms of Copyrights and that stuff. :-)

Happy modding, Guys! :D

Last edited:
No I haven't, bought game two weeks ago and had only vanilla experience downloaded straight from Origin... As far as I am aware soccergaming don't have FIFA 17 editing/modding section at all... Do you know a place where to find info about FIFA 17 modding possibilities (what is possible and what isn't) and tutorials for frosty editor, because from what you descibed it isn't as easy/straight forward as with Creation Master for FIFA 16?
Hi Mate, here is a little YT Tutorial how to import Textures with Frosty. There are plenty more Videos on yt, but to be honest the most are from Fifer and not anybody wanna listen to them I guess. But he makes a lot of Tutorials and if you wanna try to google for his Tutorials on YT. Just search for Frosty Tutorials for Fifa! ;-)

This Thread helped a lot to learn how to edit an DB and what possibilities DB modding have:

http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/db-editing-tutorials-tips-and-tricks.6459905/

Thank you, Byronic for all the info - I will check it out, especially what is related to the DB/squad file modding/editing!
No Problem, Mate. Have fun with modding. It´s everything related to modding with the Frosty Tools kinda slower and it needs to learn a little bit about how Frosty Editor works, but at the end you will see it´s much similar where are the Files to be edit. Of course it´s far away from Fifa 16 modding possibilities. ;-)
Just ask here in the thread if you need help. Cheers

Is Vanilla fifa 17 better then updated? I’ve bought the online version so i couldn’t chose but know i’ve bought a fysical coupe (new 0,98 euro) for xbox one. :)

I play OS Community sliders.
WC 10 min semi everything except lofted/crosses those are manual.
The slider setup is based on operation sports,made some modification to pass speed etc
Thx so much! But I don't know which sliders those are. Are those the Matt10 leftover sliders or the 1.07 set complete? (I look here: https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/891618-fifa-17-os-community-sliders.html ). Are you playing slow or normal speed? I'm trying al the old games now which I can play on my xbox one s. Fifa 14 till 19. I've made good sets for 15,16. Now I want to look for an good Fifa 17 set :). It's a shame that they don't build upon this. Thx so much!

Thx so much! But I don't know which sliders those are. Are those the Matt10 leftover sliders or the 1.07 set complete? (I look here: https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/891618-fifa-17-os-community-sliders.html ). Are you playing slow or normal speed? I'm trying al the old games now which I can play on my xbox one s. Fifa 14 till 19. I've made good sets for 15,16. Now I want to look for an good Fifa 17 set :). It's a shame that they don't build upon this. Thx so much!
Im pretty sure it's the 1.07 set,modified after myself after a lot of games.
I've set passing speed lower a bit lower on the acceleration too,what suits me.
It's a great base to start with ,then adjust to what fits you and your play style.
Slow speed btw

I've been playing this over the last few days and it bewilders how a game 4 years old can have better

Attacking AI
Individuality
Visuals
Defensive awareness
Attacking variation and outcomes
Overall experience and excitement

The only thing it lacks Is the amount of fouls

I've been playing this over the last few days and it bewilders how a game 4 years old can have better

Attacking AI
Individuality
Visuals
Defensive awareness
Attacking variation and outcomes
Overall experience and excitement

The only thing it lacks Is the amount of fouls
And the freaking size of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom