FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

Glad to know you've finally got it working. Have you had a look with the Frosty Mod editor yet?

I figured you'd be right in your element as it's incredibly easy to dive straight in and edit values. I've figured out how to unlock the camera height and zoom for broadcast but the rest is a bit of a mystery, I was wondering if you could take a look at 17's camera files and figure out if you could figure how to match up the penalty camera values and remove camera shake when we score like you did with 16.
Yeah I've just opened Frosty Mod editor in the last day or so with it. There's nowhere near as much available compared to 20 unfortunately - no gameplay files or anything which is a shame because the size of that ball could be fixed in 2 seconds.

I'm trying to bring in some 20/21 kits as the mod available seems to have some missing/no sleeve badges.

I'll have a look at the camera files and see what I can do.

Last edited:
Going to have to do sponsors manually I think, but it works. I might try and do a few Premier League kits and faces to add on to the 20/21 update that's already out.
FIFA 17 Screenshot 2021.03.01 - 10.46.38.15.jpg

looking really good. you used the IMmods 20/21 patch to start? is Pepe still blonde?
Yeah that's right. I exported Arsenal's kit out again as it looks better from 21.

I'm trying to figure out the faces. I attempted to export Aubameyang, his face works but I'm not sure what to do with the extra hair files on 17. He still has this weird hair floating above him. Not sure how to delete etc. It's probably a simple fix, I just have no idea about faces and I'm trying to figure it out as I go haha.

I don't really want to major modding to 17, I just wouldn't mind being able to freshen it up for a few games here and there.

Last edited:
Oh I see. I can update the FIFA Infinity Patch but I am afraid there is no project files anywhere. And I don't know how to decrypt .fifamod file.
Not sure if this is a stupid question, but how are we able to make the FIFA 21 db working on FIFA 17? I feel this would be the first step to creating some kind of patch. I went to update some faces using the IMs update but Pepe for example isn't even in the db to update. I've extracted the 21 db, but not sure how to/if it's possible to have it working on 17...

Glad to know you've finally got it working. Have you had a look with the Frosty Mod editor yet?

I figured you'd be right in your element as it's incredibly easy to dive straight in and edit values. I've figured out how to unlock the camera height and zoom for broadcast but the rest is a bit of a mystery, I was wondering if you could take a look at 17's camera files and figure out if you could figure how to match up the penalty camera values and remove camera shake when we score like you did with 16.
I've got it working man. I have to fix a few little bits and pieces and I'm away for a few days but you can try the working mod here - https://mega.nz/file/wQ0EQL4R#ekpRvhqgRH9vVTTKMBbvLv0AU46mVxkJZcwdkcb9GdE

I think you'll need to be using Broadcast Camera for the penalty cam to look any good at this point and I still need to adjust a few of the own goal/golden goal shakes etc but this will do the job until I get back. From the tests I did, I noticed that the camera didn't switch all that much to the celebrating player so that could be something to watch as well. Let me know how you go!

Not sure if this is a stupid question, but how are we able to make the FIFA 21 db working on FIFA 17? I feel this would be the first step to creating some kind of patch. I went to update some faces using the IMs update but Pepe for example isn't even in the db to update. I've extracted the 21 db, but not sure how to/if it's possible to have it working on 17...

Didn't FIFA 21 and FIFA 17 share the same DB Format? Did you try importing all the players straight without conversion?

Didn't FIFA 21 and FIFA 17 share the same DB Format? Did you try importing all the players straight without conversion?
As in just import the players table from 21 to 17 dB? I’m away for a couple of days but I’ll try it when I’m back.

I've got it working man. I have to fix a few little bits and pieces and I'm away for a few days but you can try the working mod here - https://mega.nz/file/wQ0EQL4R#ekpRvhqgRH9vVTTKMBbvLv0AU46mVxkJZcwdkcb9GdE

I think you'll need to be using Broadcast Camera for the penalty cam to look any good at this point and I still need to adjust a few of the own goal/golden goal shakes etc but this will do the job until I get back. From the tests I did, I noticed that the camera didn't switch all that much to the celebrating player so that could be something to watch as well. Let me know how you go!
Thanks but it doesn't seem to be importing into FIFA 18 as i'm sure they're not 100% compatible.

Is there a way to open a mod file to view the values for reference so I know which files to edit on 18 in Mod editor?

It seems there's no way to open an .fbmod file to view it's values, You can only import them into your game it seems.

Or are you able to share the screenshots of the values you changed so I can add them myself manually?

Thanks but it doesn't seem to be importing into FIFA 18 as i'm sure they're not 100% compatible.

Is there a way to open a mod file to view the values for reference so I know which files to edit on 18 in Mod editor?

It seems there's no way to open an .fbmod file to view it's values, You can only import them into your game it seems.

Or are you able to share the screenshots of the values you changed so I can add them myself manually?

.fbmod is decrypted so you will need the .fbproject file to be able to view all the edits/changes.

I’m away from my pc until tomorrow but when I’m back I’ll show you the changes I’ve made so you can make it for 18 as well.

Hey man, if you grab the file I can make the changes for you and send it back to you for you to then export out as a mod.

So in Frosty Editor find this file - Legacy Explorer\data\broadcasting\camera\muse\musedata-match

Right click on this and hit 'export'.

If you send me that .big file I'll make the changes for you and send it back. After that just reimport the file back in and export as a mod and it'll work.

Hey man, if you grab the file I can make the changes for you and send it back to you for you to then export out as a mod.

So in Frosty Editor find this file - Legacy Explorer\data\broadcasting\camera\muse\musedata-match

Right click on this and hit 'export'.

If you send me that .big file I'll make the changes for you and send it back. After that just reimport the file back in and export as a mod and it'll work.
Nice one, I didn't even know you could access the Legacy stuff, Here's the link to file you mentioned.

Did you have any luck removing the indicators/power bar like you did on 16 using this legacy method?

Also, Will this also unlock the height and zoom for broadcasting cameras as well as the penalty and camera shake fixes you mentioned?

I tried adjusting the camera height and zoom increment, The zoom works and is unlocked but the height doesn't seem to change?

Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.04 - 12.54.51.45.jpg

Nice one, I didn't even know you could access the Legacy stuff, Here's the link to file you mentioned.

Did you have any luck removing the indicators/power bar like you did on 16 using this legacy method?

Also, Will this also unlock the height and zoom for broadcasting cameras as well as the penalty and camera shake fixes you mentioned?

I tried adjusting the camera height and zoom increment, The zoom works and is unlocked but the height doesn't seem to change?

View attachment 87116
Give this a go man - it should do the trick. In terms of height, I'm not really sure with the Frosty files for camera adjustment as much. @6ons1 will be able to help you for sure.

FIFA 18 - Gameplay Penalty Cam/No Camera Shake - https://mega.nz/file/4dcmxJIJ#TZAEW9s2nY8M9tuZkMu21Vj0jN-69IjtCevXqZMt2gI

Thanks, Well the shake seemed to work but the penalty camera seems to remain behind the player as default 🤷‍♂️

Did it work for you in 17 then?
Yeah it worked on 17. Is there a file explorer for FIFA 18? I used the lines from 16 for it so maybe that’s why it didn’t work. I’d just need to see the lines from the 18 file and I could do it.

Last edited:
Yeah it worked on 17. Is there a file explorer for FIFA 18? I used the lines from 16 for it so maybe that’s why it didn’t work. I’d just need to see the lines from the 18 file and I could do it.
Hmm I'm not sure, I think there might be a way to extract them as xml files but i'll look into it.

Nonetheless I fixed the camera height problem now, No idea what I did but I got it working.

Now if only there was a way to remove the power bar and indicator like you did on 16 and i'm all set. Irritates me how FIFA seemingly has even less HUD customisation than PES.

Hmm I'm not sure, I think there might be a way to extract them as xml files but i'll look into it.

Nonetheless I fixed the camera height problem now, No idea what I did but I got it working.

Now if only there was a way to remove the power bar and indicator like you did on 16 and i'm all set. Irritates me how FIFA seemingly has even less HUD customisation than PES.
On Ignite it's in the presentation1.rx3 file. I'm not sure where it's located in Frosty...

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but could it be possible to change the ball size with Cheat Engine?

@MafiaMurderBag I just realised Frosty reads the file - so if you go into legacy explorer and find the default musedata-match file, scroll until you find packages\gameplay_setpiece\packages_setpiece_penaltykick.xml and then just copy and paste me the code in there.

@MafiaMurderBag I just realised Frosty reads the file - so if you go into legacy explorer and find the default musedata-match file, scroll until you find packages\gameplay_setpiece\packages_setpiece_penaltykick.xml and then just copy and paste me the code in there.
I'm not sure if this is the code you're looking for?

This is all I could see in the editor, I've extracted the packages_setpiece_penaltykick.xml but it only extracts as a .dat file.

When I open it with Notepad++ it seems to be blank?

screen.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the code you're looking for?

This is all I could see in the editor, I've extracted the packages_setpiece_penaltykick.xml but it only extracts as a .dat file.

When I open it with Notepad++ it seems to be blank?

View attachment 87703
Hmmm, that's not it. On 17 the .xml come up written the same way as 16. I don't have 18 otherwise I could get into it for you. I'll try using the .xml lines from 21 and see if that works. I'll get it to you tomorrow.

@MafiaMurderBag I think the file you sent me can work actually. Import this back in and let me know if it works! https://mega.nz/file/VJ1nGACB#PrIzZsWCYxE-52aerOUpDhHCsp5CNkgy0utBZHR7a6Q
Thanks Anth, It still didn't work, This time it was crashing my game on the kick off HUD haha so seems like the game isn't agreeing with something.

I'll have to persevere without it i'm afraid, I've got the camera unlocked and the turfs fixed anyway so i'm happy enough to continue without it.

Thanks for all your help though, Really appreciate it!

I think it's such a shame that EA haven't built on this game's direction - at least from an AI standpoint.

I've been having a bit of a retro month - in the last 14 days I've played TWELVE different PES and FIFA games from the past, and of all the FIFAs, this one stands out to me as the closest to something special. (Yes, even more so than pre-Frostbite FIFA 16.)

AI teams have to use build-up play to progress, and may even be accused of holding onto the ball too much (something the developers quoted when releasing 18 and 19 - which just goes to show you the kind of stupid feedback they listen to, and what they ignore).

But it's the first Frostbite FIFA, and yet the most solid-feeling. There's less of the crazy animation occurrences that blight 18 and 19. The pace isn't too fast, the ball physics are pretty good, the AI plays "properly" (even though, sadly, they all tend to play the same way) - three things I definitely can't say about 19 (until you use sliders, which breaks a few things).

I'm finishing off the story of Alex Hunter at the minute, which gives me a reason to play it and maybe continue it on 18 - but it's quite jarring to feel the difference in direction.

It's as if FIFA 08 -17 was the era of David Rutter and co. changing the game to a realistic direction, and 18+ is going to take us back to the bad old days of arcade "fun"...
vanille or patched? I'm on xbox and ready to try :). totally in the older football games now :)

This game has in my opinion the most human like AI in any football game. The ratio of dribbling/passing by the AI is really similar to another human. They sometime dribble when they should not. Also, It is really rare to see more than two first time passes in a string. They are missing passes when under pressure and sometime just out of the blue. They also sometime miss the target when you already think you will have to go to get the ball in the back of the net.

What is also highly appreciable, is that the error proneness depends on stats more than any other game I have played. Bad teams are bad and more often than not, playing a lower division team is a walk in the park which makes those games quite relaxing to play. Good teams are good and there, you need to be constantly on your toes to get something, as it should be.

The variety in the tactical approaches of the teams is also really good. I have seen team playing short intricate passing play (Arsenal), others pressing you hard to get the ball high up the pitch and kill you in 2, 3, passes (Totthenam), others letting you the possession and sending long ball in your back to their strikers (Chelsea). Lower sides have difficulty escaping pressure and are giving back the ball.

Animation wise, it holds up really well for a frostbite game. There is still some clipping, but there is not too much sliding.
I only wish the ball was bigger.
Really solid game!

Back
Top Bottom