FIFA 17 News & Discussion Thread

I don't know how to easily use it to edit kit numbers.
There is another Possibility for you to do so. You can edit kitnumbers and many many things during an running season in Career mode by editing things you want with RDBM from Fidel and Rinaldo! Do you ever used RDBM? It´s compatible with all Frostbite Fifa´s. Included Fifa 17. And it´s easy to use when you remind DB Master 15 and how to edit the DB. RDBM is advanced compare to DB Master.

There is another Possibility for you to do so. You can edit kitnumbers and many many things during an running season in Career mode by editing things you want with RDBM from Fidel and Rinaldo! Do you ever used RDBM? It´s compatible with all Frostbite Fifa´s. Included Fifa 17. And it´s easy to use when you remind DB Master 15 and how to edit the DB. RDBM is advanced compare to DB Master.

Thank you so much man. I will try it immediately.

Do you want a little Tutorial with some Screenshots how to edit with Career Table from Aranaktu? This way you don´t have the crashes and it´s not so difficult when you do it 3 or 4 times. :D Or a little Tut for RDBM?

I don't see any option to edit kit number in the cheat table.

Are your mods available somewhere? How do you find 16 vs 17?

Fifa 17 is a good game. I sometimes play it when I want to get a feel for frostbite. Gameplay is good, headers are not nerfed, graphics look really nice (ball is tiny). Once in a while I play a few games here and there. For me its the best frostbite fifa. Last year i installed 17-18-19-20 and the one I ended up keeping in hd was 17 (18 wasnt bad).
I would play it more this year but frosty got messed up and I didn't want to jump thru hoops to fix it.
Even though I enjoy it and its fun when i go back to 16,I just feel 16 has that something special.

Give it a try tho. Its on ea vault

I know when I should choose after opening RDBM, and I click on the arrow sign next to the field where the Squad File is to choose below some more options like Career File, Tournament save file etc. are also shown

I know when I should choose after opening RDBM, and I click on the arrow sign next to the field where the Squad File is to choose below some more options like Career File, Tournament save file etc. are also shown

I figured out using Career Mode Table. I had to also check "Advanced Editing" to be able to change kit numbers. Thanks a lot man!

I don't see any option to edit kit number in the cheat table.
I will check it for safety by myself this evening when I am home and start Fifa 17. If you want I provide 2 or 3 Screenshots for you and send you a PM. Just in case you are interest in. The particular Career Table section must be under "Player" section "Info". That´s where it is in Fifa 18.

Fifa 17 is a good game. I sometimes play it when I want to get a feel for frostbite. Gameplay is good, headers are not nerfed, graphics look really nice (ball is tiny). Once in a while I play a few games here and there. For me its the best frostbite fifa. Last year i installed 17-18-19-20 and the one I ended up keeping in hd was 17 (18 wasnt bad).
I would play it more this year but frosty got messed up and I didn't want to jump thru hoops to fix it.
Even though I enjoy it and its fun when i go back to 16,I just feel 16 has that something special.

Give it a try tho. Its on ea vault
Good to hear, it’s actually the only Frostbite fifa I never played. I always end up back on 16 too as I find it the most sim. I love the AI variety and the spontaneous moments, I just don’t love the feeling on the ball for passing /ball physics.

Can the ball size for FIFA 17 be edited through frosty? It’s a simple fix on 20/21..

Good to hear, it’s actually the only Frostbite fifa I never played. I always end up back on 16 too as I find it the most sim. I love the AI variety and the spontaneous moments, I just don’t love the feeling on the ball for passing /ball physics.

Can the ball size for FIFA 17 be edited through frosty? It’s a simple fix on 20/21..

Modding feels a bit limited with FIFA 17. Can't figure out how to view some engine related files through Frosty.

@Topaz do you have much knowledge with editing of FIFA 18? I've recently started playing it and was hoping to do a WC play through but there's not a lot of activity with modding of this game on Soccer Gaming so trying to research is difficult.

I'm wondering if the WC add on has a seperate dB or something because it seems the player faces and stadiums added to the mode are only available there and not in other game modes which is strange.

Also I'm trying to mod the camera but again it doesn't seem to apply to the world cup mode, do you remember this issue?

Its still frostbite so you'll see a lot of things you see in later games... I always thought the graphics on 17 looked really nice.
As far as I know there was no mod to increase ball size.

BTW didnt anyone else have the problem with Frosty about a .dll fix due to Win10 update? I tried the fix with a .dll program and it never worked. I recently wiped my computer and might try to install frosty again... but dont know if latest windows updates just messed it up for everyone.

@Topaz do you have much knowledge with editing of FIFA 18? I've recently started playing it and was hoping to do a WC play through but there's not a lot of activity with modding of this game on Soccer Gaming so trying to research is difficult.

I'm wondering if the WC add on has a seperate dB or something because it seems the player faces and stadiums added to the mode are only available there and not in other game modes which is strange.

Also I'm trying to mod the camera but again it doesn't seem to apply to the world cup mode, do you remember this issue?

I am not sure about FIFA 18 but FIFA 17 didn't had any of those sort of issues. Not with the new Frosty Tools. I can use the new camera values in tournament mode. There is a patch that adds world cup mode to FIFA 17. As far as FIFA 18, you could try using the new Frosty Tools and making sure you edit the values specific to the world cup mode.

Its still frostbite so you'll see a lot of things you see in later games... I always thought the graphics on 17 looked really nice.

BTW didnt anyone else have the problem with Frosty about a .dll fix due to Win10 update? I tried the fix with a .dll program and it never worked. I recently wiped my computer and might try to install frosty again... but dont know if latest windows updates just messed it up for everyone.

Yes I use to have that problem using old Frosty Tools so I had to update to the latest one. Sadly some mods didn't work so I had to manually update them to the latest Frosty Tools

No I haven’t heard about that. Does Windows Defender block it? The colours seem to look nicer on 17 compared to 21. I don’t know what is going on with 21’s colour palette.

No I haven’t heard about that. Does Windows Defender block it? The colours seem to look nicer on 17 compared to 21. I don’t know what is going on with 21’s colour palette.

No its not windows defender its something with some files missing i think. Never got it to work. And I agree its one of my favorite color palettes of the frostbite fifas. Now it looks cartoonish.

If you or @Topaz get any mod working let me know so I can try again. I used one from IMmods a year ago. might fire Up vanilla tonight

Bro, try this: When you sign in at Origin - go to your Library - choose Fifa 17 - right click on the game - choose game Properties - than advanced Start settings - finally change the language to english - save - and the game should start in english now
I tried this man, but it doesn't work. I only have Polish or Russian as my options...

I tried this man, but it doesn't work. I only have Polish or Russian as my options...
Hmm, that´s bad. I guess I could change it because I have Membership at Origin. Can play all Fifa´s from 15-20 with EA Play Membership for 3,99 € per month. In that case I can switch to any language in those settings.
Let me check my Fifa 17 Folder, maybe I can extract the english Language File for you and upload them via my Mega account. But I can´t give any guarantee that it works, because you must still change language in your game to english and I don´t know if it´s possible even with the english Language file in your game Folder.
Also look at this thread, Mate! There is the same Problem for the Guys with Language. It could work for Fifa 17 also. But yeah you need the english Language files in your Game Folder before. I don´t know why EA make things complicated.

THREAD: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-19-change-commentary-language.6466064/

Hmm, that´s bad. I guess I could change it because I have Membership at Origin. Can play all Fifa´s from 15-20 with EA Play Membership for 3,99 € per month. In that case I can switch to any language in those settings.
Let me check my Fifa 17 Folder, maybe I can extract the english Language File for you and upload them via my Mega account. But I can´t give any guarantee that it works, because you must still change language in your game to english and I don´t know if it´s possible even with the english Language file in your game Folder.
Also look at this thread, Mate! There is the same Problem for the Guys with Language. It could work for Fifa 17 also. But yeah you need the english Language files in your Game Folder before. I don´t know why EA make things complicated.

THREAD: http://www.soccergaming.com/index.php?threads/fifa-19-change-commentary-language.6466064/
Thanks man, I had a look but ended up just buying another code which has English version. Both were cheap so no big deal. Appreciate the help anyway.

Very early impressions of 17 are quite good. I'm using @Topaz great mod in combination with Matt's sliders and a speed hack value of .94 just to slow down the animations and make things a little more weighty.

In terms of Frostbite, it seems to be less 'Skatey' than more recent versions, the inertia of the players is better too (but not on FIFA 16's level). The Shooting seems a little inconsistent, but maybe I'm just not very good at it yet. The physical elements of Ignite/16 is a big miss, but it's definitely been fun to play, and playing a Frostbite FIFA without 1v1 and with a solid AI is in itself a massive positive. I still need to play more to conclude.

It's a shame there's no comprehensive patches for it, as it's clearly better than 21 and would be a good option if it had the faces, etc.

Very early impressions of 17 are quite good. I'm using @Topaz great mod in combination with Matt's sliders and a speed hack value of .94 just to slow down the animations and make things a little more weighty.

In terms of Frostbite, it seems to be less 'Skatey' than more recent versions, the inertia of the players is better too (but not on FIFA 16's level). The Shooting seems a little inconsistent, but maybe I'm just not very good at it yet. The physical elements of Ignite/16 is a big miss, but it's definitely been fun to play, and playing a Frostbite FIFA without 1v1 and with a solid AI is in itself a massive positive. I still need to play more to conclude.

It's a shame there's no comprehensive patches for it, as it's clearly better than 21 and would be a good option if it had the faces, etc.

I also find that it fixes some issues from FIFA 16 where smaller teams end up tiki taka the entire match on lower divisions. Custom tactics works much more in FIFA 17 and allows some really interesting and different matches based on the team and competition you play. I find the CPU AI a bit better especially at defense. I remember @Matt10 said that FIFA 17 fixed the orientation of the defender and they face and angle their body to the attacker and the ball much better making cutback less powerful. I also find that fast players are fast in FIFA 17 compared to FIFA 16 which nerfed pacey players a bit too much. I just wish it used the strength/physical system they had in FIFA 16 a bit more. The shield is a bit of an annoying feature.

Glad to know you've finally got it working. Have you had a look with the Frosty Mod editor yet?

I figured you'd be right in your element as it's incredibly easy to dive straight in and edit values. I've figured out how to unlock the camera height and zoom for broadcast but the rest is a bit of a mystery, I was wondering if you could take a look at 17's camera files and figure out if you could figure how to match up the penalty camera values and remove camera shake when we score like you did with 16.

Back
Top Bottom