FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@Tamer I played a quick game now with that value and you're right, I'd forgotten how nice the behaviour of the ball is in this. It all feels smooth too. I've made a 3.5 BETA with this value (as the 2.0 version had the roll friction issue).

For those wanting to give it a go, this is a heavier version than the 3.0 version.

Ball Physics 3.5 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/tEc00I6Q#LdssN01olUOrF373XUQ5wFQ_UPCIpAvXYtLhdBkxudA

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try the group 1 value from 2.0 now that the roll friction is taken out and see how it goes. 2.0 has a group 1 value of around 0.390 which is the heaviest (and largest size) of the lot. The extra weight should feel the best I'd say too. Do you find the ball looks too large or is it ok to your eye?
It is definitely not too large, looks good.

can anyone post a video of fifa 16 with the ball physics mod? plz thanks
Mate, do you managed to restore your FIFA 16 game in your library in the meantime like @el niche recommend you? To find a reason to restore or purchase the game by watching a Video of the Ball Physics is a good start. But not the same like playing the game and feel the difference. 😄

Good Video. Well done how the ball speed looks by passing the Ball to the Team mates @Anth James. Not that instant stopping after the ball get kicked by the sender. Much more natural movement. And the longshot which hits the cross bar also looks great. The ball curve close to the goal after the shot reminds me on some knuckle shots from CR7. 😉

Mate, do you managed to restore your FIFA 16 game in your library in the meantime like @el niche recommend you? To find a reason to restore or purchase the game by watching a Video of the Ball Physics is a good start. But not the same like playing the game and feel the difference. 😄
I couldnt ea support are like robots, everytime new agent handling the issue and they don t read what i sent them before, friggin bots they pissed me off, theynkeep saying u have to buy the game, wtf, i told them i played the game without ea membership, the thing that messed up my account was linking my ea account to my psn account when i got fifa 20 on ps4

Good Video. Well done how the ball speed looks by passing the Ball to the Team mates @Anth James. Not that instant stopping after the ball get kicked by the sender. Much more natural movement. And the longshot which hits the cross bar also looks great. The ball curve close to the goal after the shot reminds me on some knuckle shots from CR7. 😉
Is there any way to make fifa 19 like this? And make it feel less samey? Somehow fifa 19 and 20 they get samey after a while i don t really know why....

Is there any way to make fifa 19 like this? And make it feel less samey? Somehow fifa 19 and 20 they get samey after a while i don t really know why....
The Problem is that the 2 Games(FIFA 16 & 19) are build on different engines. 16 was build on ignite engine and FIFA 19 is based on Frostbite Engine. That’s why you see and feel that difference related to the two games.
Thats why FIFA 19 will never be like 16. And look on the Modding possibilities, FIFA 16‘s Files are easy to change and edit. While since FIFA 17-22 you need frosty tools to get access to the Files. And in general it’s more effort to mod the new FIFA games. That’s why so many modders choose the way of Patreon etc.
FIFA 16 mods are free what makes a huge difference and that’s why there is still a huge fan community of the game.
Poor to hear that you can’t restore your game. I also guess you don’t have much choices to play the game than. Look sometime in the Internet at Pc key Sites like other members already recommended. Cdkeys, gamivo, kinguin etc.

It's crazy the difference between semi passing on FIFA 16 and say 22 or 23. On 16 you still have a lot of work to do to connect with your players on semi whereas in the later titles, semi is basically assisted with a slight error. Assisted in 16 is about what semi is on 22 and 23. Assisted on 22 and 23 is for Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller. Not even sure you need to look at the screen to pass the ball from one end of the field to another.

Last edited:
It's crazy the difference between semi passing on FIFA 16 and say 22 or 23. On 16 you still have a lot of worl to do to connect with your players on semi whereas in the later titles, semi is basically assisted with a slight error. Assisted in 16 is about what semi is on 22 and 23. Assisted on 22 and 23 is for Stevie Wonder and Helen Keller. Not even sure you need to look at the screen to pass the ball from one end of the field to another.
I didn’t test FIFA 23. But for FIFA 22 it is like you mentioned. You don’t need to look at your screen for assisted passing. What I also like at FIFA 16 is when you set the sliders for passing error or even first touch error to an higher value the receiving Player don’t have magnets in his foot to make first touch with no error like in FIFA 22. The ball bounce sometimes 1 meter away from not so skilled Players. I see that often in real soccer when I watch german Bundesliga. The same Value at FIFA 22 didn’t change the „perfect „ first touch error. So I assume it didn’t change anything by playing FIFA 23? 😄

Ball Physics BETA 3.5 seems like an absolute winner for me. It feels fresh, smooth, yet retains the balance of gameplay from default.

The additional heaviness helps just that little more with animations. the ball doesn't rocket out of the foot like before and the general behaviour of the ball in regards to curve, deflections etc is much more natural. The lowering of ball friction combined with the extra weight does impact gameplay too, as it allows you to play the ball into spaces that you otherwise couldn't because the ball would slow up too quickly.

I play all of this on a 68 power bar.

Hope you guys are find the same thing. Thanks @Tamer for getting me to revisit that first value!

Last edited:
Ball Physics BETA 3.5 seems like an absolute winner for me. It feels fresh, smooth, yet retains the balance of gameplay from default.

The additional heaviness helps just that little more with animations. the ball doesn't rocket out of the foot like before and the general behaviour of the ball in regards to curve, deflections etc is much more natural. The lowering of ball friction combined with the extra weight does impact gameplay too, as it allows you to play the ball into spaces that you otherwise couldn't because the ball would slow up too quickly.

Hope you guys are find the same thing. Thanks @Tamer for getting me to revisit that first value!
I will try 3.5 later today

Sounds promising. I will try your power bar settings to 68. I usually play on 52.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I will take a look into the thread.
Do that. Give them OS sliders a try. And when you’ve played some matches, try changing the sliders to my (Wolf is in as well) settings!
I was playing vanilla for some time but now I can enjoy 1.07. menus load faster as well. 😊

Last edited:
Hi guys, can you share your "gameset"? Which mods and patches are you using? What is the best for carrer mod. I have started northen ireland league with Fifa Infinity mod, it has even UEFA Conference League included but I still miss a lot of stuff I am used to from PES mods. Like scoreboards, stadiums, better graphic, lighting etc.

Thank you

General information.
My current sliders for PS4 version 1.07on PS5 are based on the OS set: https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

took the Wolfs advise and set sprint to 15/15. Acceleration is at 48/48

i lowered pass and shot speed a bit by 15. So now it’s at shot speed 35/35, pass speed 30/30.

you can find a video showing this in the video thread. Click here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-videos-pictures.75471/post-3869369
could you share your slides and at what level do you play? and as semi auto or manual? thanks

@Tamer I played a quick game now with that value and you're right, I'd forgotten how nice the behaviour of the ball is in this. It all feels smooth too. I've made a 3.5 BETA with this value (as the 2.0 version had the roll friction issue).

For those wanting to give it a go, this is a heavier version than the 3.0 version.

Ball Physics 3.5 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/tEc00I6Q#LdssN01olUOrF373XUQ5wFQ_UPCIpAvXYtLhdBkxudA
Hey that's a great mod good job! The players feel heavier (positively), the ball behaves most of the time like a real ball and there are a whole bunch of new situations in the box (for ex when the ball hits posts). I thought all the gameplay mods i already installed would interfer negatively with it but no it makes the game one step closer to the best sim i ever played. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone have the language pack files? I bought a ru/pl key but none of the language pack links seem to be working anymore
Do you try to change language via Origin? I also bought last year a ru/pl key. When you right click at the game in your library you see starting permissions. There you can maybe change the language to your native language. For me it worked.

Guys, I need to delete the v1.00 from my google drive in the next day or so. Final call if you want to download it! I recommend having a copy on hand, so while it's here grab it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PDRhukRupOJSHQFLo6hI8UDMSbF4A4p5?usp=sharing
Hi, I have downloaded it, copy paste everything into my FIFA 16 folder, put Origin in offline mod, activated game trough my EA account and it just won't start. Is there any special way how to play 1.00 version?

Thanks

Hi, I have downloaded it, copy paste everything into my FIFA 16 folder, put Origin in offline mod, activated game trough my EA account and it just won't start. Is there any special way how to play 1.00 version?

Thanks
I’m not sure if copy and pasting the contents of the folder into your existing 16 folder will work. It may conflict with some files. If the fix doesn’t work then just change the name of the 1.00 folder to ‘FIFA 16’ and rename the older folder to something else. Also make sure it’s in the same place.

Back
Top Bottom