FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Thanks guys. It works now. But I just noticed that CGFS 16 server is not working for 1.00 server. It seems it just do not recognize that FIFA 16 is in pre-game menu and do not assign stadium/scoreboard/logo/movie to match. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you

Thanks guys. It works now. But I just noticed that CGFS 16 server is not working for 1.00 server. It seems it just do not recognize that FIFA 16 is in pre-game menu and do not assign stadium/scoreboard/logo/movie to match. Do you know how to fix it? Thank you
Good to hear the fix worked. File server doesn’t work on 1.00. There’s @papinho81 stadium server you can install. For scoreboards etc, it’s a different and slower process.

Thanks, I will try papinho stadium server. What's the process for scoreboards etc.? I do not like to ask all these questions but I am not really able to find it anywhere on this or soccergaming forum. If there is some guide or manual I would do it by myself but I can't find anything like this.

Thank you

Good to hear the fix worked. File server doesn’t work on 1.00. There’s @papinho81 stadium server you can install. For scoreboards etc, it’s a different and slower process.

I wonder if anyone has tried exporting the attribdb files from version 1.0 and using them on 1.7. Should work, since it's the same game. Wouldn't that mean you could use the latest exe but with the gameplay from v1.0? Hmmmm...

I guess I'll try it this weekend!

I wonder if anyone has tried exporting the attribdb files from version 1.0 and using them on 1.7. Should work, since it's the same game. Wouldn't that mean you could use the latest exe but with the gameplay from v1.0? Hmmmm...
Could be worth a try but my feeling is animations etc won’t come through that file and that they’re linked to the exe. They’re more smooth on 1.00.

That's cool. You know I really miss some all-in-one patch that would use this. Infitnity patch + 1.00 gameplay + stadiums + scoreboards + logos and whatever else.... I can understand that there is not much people downloading these patches.

That's cool. You know I really miss some all-in-one patch that would use this. Infitnity patch + 1.00 gameplay + stadiums + scoreboards + logos and whatever else.... I can understand that there is not much people downloading these patches.
Yeah it’s a pretty long process to get 16 up and running with everything. Once you’ve done it it’s great though.

@manmachine You wouldn’t happen to know how we could change camera height would you? I tried a method through CE but I can’t seem to make the camera go lower.. I’ve been right through the muse files too.

@manmachine You wouldn’t happen to know how we could change camera height would you? I tried a method through CE but I can’t seem to make the camera go lower.. I’ve been right through the muse files too.

No idea about the memory addresses in 16 for cameras unfortunately, just using the db xml "hack" myself to get a more zoomed out dynamic cam (which is the cam I prefer) with rangelow="some big negative number". Could work with height too I suppose but haven't tried it since I'm ok with default height.

And I think I would still use the db xml method anyway, out of laziness, since it doesn't require having to launch CE all the time when I want to play.

General information.
My current sliders for PS4 version 1.07on PS5 are based on the OS set: https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

took the Wolfs advise and set sprint to 15/15. Acceleration is at 48/48

i lowered pass and shot speed a bit by 15. So now it’s at shot speed 35/35, pass speed 30/30.

you can find a video showing this in the video thread. Click here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-videos-pictures.75471/post-3869369
52/48 works great on the Series X and PC but not so smooth on XB1/PS4 where I find 15/47-48 seems to work better. On the PC version, it really is down to speed preference because both seem to work well. Whoever was responsible for the PC version of FIFA 16 should have been promoted to VP because it runs smoothly even on a piece of shit $225 laptop from 8 years ago.

No idea about the memory addresses in 16 for cameras unfortunately, just using the db xml "hack" myself to get a more zoomed out dynamic cam (which is the cam I prefer) with rangelow="some big negative number". Could work with height too I suppose but haven't tried it since I'm ok with default height.

And I think I would still use the db xml method anyway, out of laziness, since it doesn't require having to launch CE all the time when I want to play.
Didn’t work unfortunately. So frustrating that height control has never really been unlocked for 15 or 16.

52/48 works great on the Series X and PC but not so smooth on XB1/PS4 where I find 15/47-48 seems to work better. On the PC version, it really is down to speed preference because both seem to work well. Whoever was responsible for the PC version of FIFA 16 should have been promoted to VP because it runs smoothly even on a piece of shit $225 laptop from 8 years ago.
AFAIK, David Rutter! 🙏
So, sprint speed to 15/48 on PS4?

AFAIK, David Rutter! 🙏
So, sprint speed to 15/48 on PS4?
It's good on the XB1 and Series X but it might be worth going with 52/48 to try it on the PS4 as I don't have regular access to one. There's not too much difference and in some stadiums, the latter seems to play a lot smoother if there are a lot of stadium/weather effects.

Anyone here have access to any of the Switch versions of FIFA? If yes, do you know how to extract files? I have an idea with the camera files that I’d like to try for 16…

Is anyone here aware of a way to read EASF encrypted files for 16? or 15? or any game for that matter?! I'm really trying to find a way to read the cameradata.big (and more specifically the fifacamera.dat) files.

Not sure if anyone is testing the ball physics beta's still, but I've decided the 2.0 and the 3.5 versions are the best. They're both the same values, aside from the fact that 2.0 has 'roll friction' added and 3.5 doesn't.

I had been playing exclusively on 3.5 for a while and I think it's really solid, but definitely a closer experience to default but with a better/smoother/heavier overall feeling. Tonight I put 2.0 back in and it really surprised me at how well it played - and how different it made the experience. That little addition of 'roll friction' really adds another level of smoothness and a little extra carry to the ball. It makes chance creation much more enjoyable, I feel like you can really create some great attacking moves that feel so smooth. I find your moves just don't break down as often with interceptions from the ball not travelling far enough. The shooting feels much smoother as well and there’s more organic fights for the ball across the whole pitch - the ball just feels a little extra free.

The only slight change that I was aware of in the beginning is the physicality is slightly impacted with 2.0. It's not actually as bad as I first though, it arguably makes the game more precise in terms of how you approach your defensive positioning, but it does seem to impact fouls a little. It’s a bit more difficult now to shoulder someone off the ball. Overall I’ve found the positives are outweighing the potential negatives for me with this version so far, I’m loving it.

I'll release both versions tomorrow together so they're in the same place, but if you can be bothered finding the links a few pages back, I highly recommend giving them a go! I'll definitely be playing with one of the two, I can't go back now. At the moment it's the 2.0 for me.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone is testing the ball physics beta's still, but I've decided the 2.0 and the 3.5 versions are the best. They're both the same values, aside from the fact that 2.0 has 'roll friction' added and 3.5 doesn't.

I had been playing exclusively on 3.5 for a while and I think it's really solid, but definitely a closer experience to default but with a better/smoother/heavier overall feeling. Tonight I put 2.0 back in and it really surprised me at how well it played - and how different it made the experience. That little addition of 'roll friction' really adds another level of smoothness and a little extra carry to the ball. It makes chance creation much more enjoyable, I feel like you can really create some great attacking moves that feel so smooth. I find your moves just don't break down as often with interceptions from the ball not travelling far enough. The shooting feels much smoother as well and there’s more organic fights for the ball across the whole pitch - the ball just feels a little extra free.

The only slight change that I was aware of in the beginning is the physicality is slightly impacted with 2.0. It's not actually as bad as I first though, it arguably makes the game more precise in terms of how you approach your defensive positioning, but it does seem to impact fouls a little. It’s a bit more difficult now to shoulder someone off the ball. Overall I’ve found the positives are outweighing the potential negatives for me with this version so far, I’m loving it.

I'll release both versions tomorrow together so they're in the same place, but if you can be bothered finding the links a few pages back, I highly recommend giving them a go! I'll definitely be playing with one of the two, I can't go back now. At the moment it's the 2.0 for me.
I have tried all the versions and for me the best is 2.0. The only modification I made is to reduce the size of the ball.

Frostbite was the biggest component in FIFA losing that satisfying fluid feel. That's the reason why FIFA 16 is considered the peak of the series in terms of simulation. Because it was the last one before Frostbite.

Frostbite was an engine designed for First Person Shooters primarily, Not real time sports games that required hundreds of calculations and variables per second. Plus a lot of resources and development was placed on visuals and making immersive story modes with lots of cutscenes to justify the engine like the journey instead of focusing those staff resources on correcting gameplay issues that arose out of the conversion.
Can’t remember when I had a final score of 3:2 or 4:1 or similar… all my games are as close as the real thing.
just this weekend I enjoyed a lot of matches in 16.
i go back to 22 to check… again, I’m always returning here.
It’s just a great football sim!! 😍

Can’t remember when I had a final score of 3:2 or 4:1 or similar… all my games are as close as the real thing.
just this weekend I enjoyed a lot of matches in 16.
i go back to 22 to check… again, I’m always returning here.
It’s just a great football sim!! 😍
Yeah it really is. The idea is that football isn't always glamorous highlights and end to end action with flashy goals, sometimes it's slow, gritty and attritional and you have to really earn your chances or defending an attack that catches you out should feel as satisfying as scoring.

FIFA 16 really captured that sense of accomplishment perfectly in a football game for FIFA much like PES 5 did for PES.

Yeah it really is. The idea is that football isn't always glamorous highlights and end to end action with flashy goals, sometimes it's slow, gritty and attritional and you have to really earn your chances or defending an attack that catches you out should feel as satisfying as scoring.

FIFA 16 really captured that sense of accomplishment perfectly in a football game for FIFA much like PES 5 did for PES.
yes, exactly! 👏

Just one of the matches I had last night, some French battle between Toulouse and Rennes… at half time, they had 6 shots on goal and I had none! And it captured the match situation pretty well. The match ended 1:1 in 90 minutes, as I tried slow build up in second half…! 👏 overtime went by without a goal scored and so we went to penals. Even the penals are fun here. I don’t even mind the click meter (wich I’m traditionally not a fan of) because the tools used here, how you can move the keeper and react to shots, all the animations (that are also seen during a match) … they work! They don’t serve the purpose of looking good, they first of all WORK! WORK together to create a football sim experience! …the good looking part comes later.

…I said it a hundred times before, the trailer alone is proof of the idea and concept behind FIFA16! 👍

Back
Top Bottom