FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Bollocks, I thought I was in the FIFA 23 thread šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ˜…
When you can play the pre release? Yesterday I signed in to EAPlay for the 3 days pre version to test it for 10 hours. Honestly I hardly guess I only need not more than half an hour to realize itā€™s FIFA 22 with updated Squads. šŸ¤”
I canā€™t imagine EA had learned from last Versions. Anyway because I am curious and an old FIFA fanboy I play my trial for FIFA 23. And sorry for posting here in Fifa16 thread. But to be honest I guess I play a lot of FIFA 16 again although the last FIFA game lurks around this Season. So happy modding to all of you šŸ™‚

When you can play the pre release? Yesterday I signed in to EAPlay for the 3 days pre version to test it for 10 hours. Honestly I hardly guess I only need not more than half an hour to realize itā€™s FIFA 22 with updated Squads. šŸ¤”
I canā€™t imagine EA had learned from last Versions. Anyway because I am curious and an old FIFA fanboy I play my trial for FIFA 23. And sorry for posting here in Fifa16 thread. But to be honest I guess I play a lot of FIFA 16 again although the last FIFA game lurks around this Season. So happy modding to all of you šŸ™‚
It's available now

yes, exactly! šŸ‘

Just one of the matches I had last night, some French battle between Toulouse and Rennesā€¦ at half time, they had 6 shots on goal and I had none! And it captured the match situation pretty well. The match ended 1:1 in 90 minutes, as I tried slow build up in second halfā€¦! šŸ‘ overtime went by without a goal scored and so we went to penals. Even the penals are fun here. I donā€™t even mind the click meter (wich Iā€™m traditionally not a fan of) because the tools used here, how you can move the keeper and react to shots, all the animations (that are also seen during a match) ā€¦ they work! They donā€™t serve the purpose of looking good, they first of all WORK! WORK together to create a football sim experience! ā€¦the good looking part comes later.

ā€¦I said it a hundred times before, the trailer alone is proof of the idea and concept behind FIFA16! šŸ‘
maybe I had already asked you .. but how do you play it ... ?? assisted? semi assisted ?? or full manual? at what level? Thanks bye

@maruni74 one more thing. I am using the latest OS sliders but modified to my liking.

check them out here: https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3869368

edit: oh, we had that discussion a month ago. šŸ˜‚
https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3869501

@Byronic how do your adventures with the sliders and the game itself go on, mate?!
I am very satisfied with the sliders provided in this particular thread. I am stick with speed at 17, acceleration at 43, shot power to 55. The other sliders I still test different values to my liking. But in general I play with slow game speed. In that case imo the lowering of the speed slider and acceleration helps the game to slow down a bit. At least for me. šŸ™‚ Having a smoother gameplay experience.
Itā€˜s a nightmare to test FIFA 23 for 4 or 5 games after you played FIFA 16 for weeks. The difference went every year bigger and bigger. FIFA 16 have that straight line what Football means. Not that overpowered tiki taka arcade gameplay from the newer FIFAs.
You must use your brain in 16 and deserve your goals and not just use fancy tricks or even walk from midfield straight to the goalkeeper while your own Players decide to not mark the opponent Players.

Hi all,

Mostly been a lurker here. I've been playing FIFA 16 PS4 on 15 min halves with super realistic sliders and do find it to be the best football game I've played and every match something sticks out to me as 'wow'. I have given up on the dumbed down current FIFA's (skating, foot breaking animations every minute, no AI etc.) and did have some joy with eFootball prior to the 2023 update but that still had poor graphics, lack of contextual animations and poor ball physics. Also I have reached an age where offline gameplay is more relaxing granted the AI has variety and it is an overall good sim.

However my FIFA 16 experience has only been on PS4. I would really love to start a career mode, and also just have the kick off option with current 2022 teams, and I know I would need to play on PC for this.

I am however completely new to the patching and modding scene, but I know it can be done. Would anyone be kind enough to private message me to take me through it or where I should start? I'm also happy to buy the PC version of the game even if it's a bit pricey for a 6 year old game. I just need advice with the modding and where to start. It doesn't have to be a gameplay mod either since I enjoy my sliders, just teams and maybe lighting/graphics. I have also heard some ball physics mods are good. But I am mainly after teams - my avenue for PC gaming is a decent laptop that should run stock FIFA 16 but might struggle with uplifts.

Hi all,

Mostly been a lurker here. I've been playing FIFA 16 PS4 on 15 min halves with super realistic sliders and do find it to be the best football game I've played and every match something sticks out to me as 'wow'. I have given up on the dumbed down current FIFA's (skating, foot breaking animations every minute, no AI etc.) and did have some joy with eFootball prior to the 2023 update but that still had poor graphics, lack of contextual animations and poor ball physics. Also I have reached an age where offline gameplay is more relaxing granted the AI has variety and it is an overall good sim.

However my FIFA 16 experience has only been on PS4. I would really love to start a career mode, and also just have the kick off option with current 2022 teams, and I know I would need to play on PC for this.

I am however completely new to the patching and modding scene, but I know it can be done. Would anyone be kind enough to private message me to take me through it or where I should start? I'm also happy to buy the PC version of the game even if it's a bit pricey for a 6 year old game. I just need advice with the modding and where to start. It doesn't have to be a gameplay mod either since I enjoy my sliders, just teams and maybe lighting/graphics. I have also heard some ball physics mods are good. But I am mainly after teams - my avenue for PC gaming is a decent laptop that should run stock FIFA 16 but might struggle with uplifts.
Happy to help you get up and running with the mods. Send me a PM once you've got the game.

First place to start is with the FIP. You can download from here - https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v5/

What do you say about the Gameplay in FIFA 23 compared to FIFA 16?

To be honest, I haven't played it yet because I'm having electrical issues with the motherboard of my main rig and I'm waiting for a replacement, but based on the gameplay videos I saw, I have the sensation that is FIFA 22 (which I hate) but with more fluid movements.
Playing offline, seems to have the same standing IA problem as before, with computer players focused in creating more space to enhance the 1 vs 1 rather than getting involved in the game to defend and attack as you would see in a real football match. FIFA 16 is still miles ahead in this aspect.
Also, as I told above, the pitch seems to be terrible. This is not a minor detail for me, because the turf is the texture you see most of the time and 6 years later I'm still in love with FIFA 16 pitches.

What about you?

To be honest, I haven't played it yet because I'm having electrical issues with the motherboard of my main rig and I'm waiting for a replacement, but based on the gameplay videos I saw, I have the sensation that is FIFA 22 (which I hate) but with more fluid movements.
Playing offline, seems to have the same standing IA problem as before, with computer players focused in creating more space to enhance the 1 vs 1 rather than getting involved in the game to defend and attack as you would see in a real football match. FIFA 16 is still miles ahead in this aspect.
Also, as I told above, the pitch seems to be terrible. This is not a minor detail for me, because the turf is the texture you see most of the time and 6 years later I'm still in love with FIFA 16 pitches.

What about you?
Yes thatā€˜s true, even the Default game pitch in FIFA 16 looks great. I canā€˜t understand why EA didnā€™t invest more love in the newer FIFA games related to that green where everything takes place. And itā€˜s possible. Just look @endos work on the Pitch for FIFA 22, itā€˜s still a major difference to EAā€˜s Imagination of the Pitch.
Anyway, the gameplay from FIFA 23 is just another joke in terms of realism. Feels for me like an old arcade shooter game like Asteroids where you can fire one after another laser beam into the enemy spaceships to get the highest score. Take that over to FIFA 23 where it seems the higher the game result the better it is. šŸ˜„
No marking on both sides, the AI can pass the ball straight to his striker 5 meter in front of goal and easily score. Why the hell EA put to every slider settings 100 steps?? It means nothing imo in newer FIFAā€˜s.
For me the best meaning for change slider values are still at FIFA 16. Not perfect if you find your sweep spot but much much more meaning. I tried both last days on my friends Ps5 too. Played FIFA 16 & 23. The pure graphical difference is unbelievable between them. FIFA 16 looks on console really strong with their colors of the lines and the pitch is Soccer green and not a mixture of grey and yellow like in 23. Also the player silhouette and the faces are looking clear and realistic. When I first tested FIFA 23 on my Pc I thought maybe I need a better GPU because of the blurry graphics. Next day I saw the same sausage on my friends Ps5.
I hardly think football games in the future will still unplayable for us Players who grow up with FIFA 08, or FIFA 11, 14, 16 or even with earlier Fifas

Well, I've joined the party as a new FIFA 16 player (yet to download it though). Thanks to the generous mate Topaz!

Now, let me annoy you guys.. I'd like to know about all the favourite mods that you guys using in your FIFA 16 installation. I want to download them one by one. Also, I noticed so many messages that Version 1.0 plays better than the latest update/version. So, how can I get it? Well, I got it. Then, any sliders or gameplay mods recommended for it? Throw every suggestion by quoting this message. Let me know everything and I'll appreciate your efforts helping me.. šŸ‘

Last edited:
Um I bought FIFA 23 on the Switch.....and I feel a lot like I'm playing an updated FIFA 16 on the go!

I know it's a legacy version etc, but thatā€™s why I thought I'd take a punt based on where we're at with the NG version. Itā€™s Ignite too!

It took me a little bit to get used to playing on the Switch controls, but I put it on manual, powerbar at 68, tele cam and itā€™s playing really well. The inertia is really nice and it feels smoother than 16 in some ways - ball physics and animations arenā€™t as jerky. Itā€™s more Ignite than I thought it would be. I need to spend more time with it to see how deep it is gameplay wise and how the AI holds up, but from what Iā€™ve played I was surprised at how solid it was. Thereā€™s certainly no 1v1 which is what peaked my interest.

One thing that I'm sure of- there's more of a midfield in this than NG, no question.

Last edited:
Well, I've joined the party as a new FIFA 16 player (yet to download it though). Thanks to the generous mate Topaz!

Now, let me annoy you guys.. I'd like to know about all the favourite mods that you guys using in your FIFA 16 installation. I want to download them one by one. Also, I noticed so many messages that Version 1.0 plays better than the latest update/version. So, how can I get it? Then, any sliders or gameplay mods recommended for it? Throw every suggestion by quoting this message. Let me know everything and I'll appreciate your efforts helping me.. šŸ‘
Uploading v1.00 for you now. I'll send a link when it's ready.

For the patch you can start here - https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v5/

You can potentially extract everything, from stadiums to menu, I think. But don't know how to extract. If you do so and if it's a success, we can get more stuffs to be ported over FIFA 16 base (hopefully).

Back
Top Bottom