FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Uploading v1.00 for you now. I'll send a link when it's ready.

For the patch you can start here - https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v5/
Wait, I'm already downloading the torrent. Forgot to update my message. It's almost 99% currently. Download finished. Sorry for not updating my previous message mate. Also, I'm thinking about re-packing the v1.0 base and provide to the community with an auto-installer script (or something like that).

Yeah, I'm already looking to install this patch. Just need to know more about the installation + other mods/add-ons like gameplay or sliders with it + camera and stuffs.

Wait, I'm already downloading the torrent. Forgot to update my message. It's almost 99% currently. Download finished. Sorry for not updating my previous message mate. Also, I'm thinking about re-packing the v1.0 base and provide to the community with an auto-installer script (or something like that).

Yeah, I'm already looking to install this patch. Just need to know more about the installation + other mods/add-ons like gameplay or sliders with it + camera and stuffs.
Oh ok great that you've got it. So for v1.00 you'll need to use the entire folder and not just the exe. So just rename that folder to FIFA 16.

You'll need to download CM16 or a similar program and whenever you make changes or add mods etc, you'll need to 'regenerate bh files' or the game will crash. https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/creation-master-16-modified/

Well, I've joined the party as a new FIFA 16 player (yet to download it though). Thanks to the generous mate Topaz!

Now, let me annoy you guys.. I'd like to know about all the favourite mods that you guys using in your FIFA 16 installation. I want to download them one by one. Also, I noticed so many messages that Version 1.0 plays better than the latest update/version. So, how can I get it? Well, I got it. Then, any sliders or gameplay mods recommended for it? Throw every suggestion by quoting this message. Let me know everything and I'll appreciate your efforts helping me.. 👏
Where did you get it mate?

Setup FIFA 16 Version 1.0 successfully. Played the Intro Match between Real Madrid & Barcelona, and WOW! First time playing FIFA 16 in my life. I really enjoyed the game. The AI is playing football beautifully. Got that "Freedom" aspect like previous Ignite FIFA (FIFA 15), but even more on this. Final Score was RMA 2 - 0 BAR (Ronaldo - Penalty, Bale - 87') :)

After the match, I setup the controls, difficulty and other settings. As always, FUMA! But gonna play first few matches on Professional, then will up the difficulty. Even the Professional AI is challenging (in a very good way, just like FIFA 15). These are my first impression on the game.

I need to download and apply FIFA Infinity Patch now. Also, need to get some faces and stuffs. Don't know how can I get them. Need to search this and Soccer Gaming Forum.

That's half the price of a much worse game...
Yeah I know… even the 40 bucks were half the price… but 28 look much better.
Im good with what the fully patched and slider customized console version delivers to me.
Its just the more in physics (mods), cams and updated rosters that really are tickling me… 🤷‍♂️

😳 28 bucks now. That’s a long time low…! I’m tempted to finally jump… 🤷‍♂️
£28 for the long term enjoyment this will give you and the constants support for this game from the modding community, this is a more than reasonable price.

No guarantees there will be many keys left at that price if you leave it.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the Bush.

I'll get the key for 28 now and resell it to you for 100 next year. 😅
I was just joking, pal…

97DD5B5F-5902-42ED-B6C2-0AD89E783233.gif

45AA3080-E9B7-4FBE-943F-CC7CF08A2311.jpeg

🥳

freaking Marlon, upping the pressure with his „not many keys left…“ comment! 😂

edit: and be prepared, I’ll probably ask the same questions again reg. modding… 🥳🤷‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Um I bought FIFA 23 on the Switch.....and I feel a lot like I'm playing an updated FIFA 16 on the go!

I know it's a legacy version etc, but that’s why I thought I'd take a punt based on where we're at with the NG version. It’s Ignite too!

It took me a little bit to get used to playing on the Switch controls, but I put it on manual, powerbar at 68, tele cam and it’s playing really well. The inertia is really nice and it feels smoother than 16 in some ways - ball physics and animations aren’t as jerky. It’s more Ignite than I thought it would be. I need to spend more time with it to see how deep it is gameplay wise and how the AI holds up, but from what I’ve played I was surprised at how solid it was. There’s certainly no 1v1 which is what peaked my interest.

One thing that I'm sure of- there's more of a midfield in this than NG, no question.

I haven't played it but based on the video above, I agree with your comment.
It seems that there's a third version (FIFA 23 Next-Gen, Old-Gen and this one called "Legacy").
Have you tested FIFA 22 in Switch?

I haven't played it but based on the video above, I agree with your comment.
It seems that there's a third version (FIFA 23 Next-Gen, Old-Gen and this one called "Legacy").
Have you tested FIFA 22 in Switch?
From what I understand, the switch versions are Legacy versions and I believe they're basically PS3 ports of FIFA 16 era gameplay?

I don't even think they're ignite versions but I might be wrong.

From what I understand, the switch versions are Legacy versions and I believe they're basically PS3 ports of FIFA 16 era gameplay?

According to some Nintendo site, the Switch version uses an altered version of Ignite. And yes, they should have plenty of things in common with PS3, because the latest version in this console (FIFA 19) used Ignite too.

According to a Nintendo Store listing, "FIFA 23" will release as a Legacy Edition on the Switch. To the delight of many, the upcoming title will include the much-anticipated addition of women's club teams, new stadiums, and updated clubs. But one line in the announcement has gamers in an uproar. Specifically, the line that states "FIFA 23 Legacy Edition" will release "without any new development or significant enhancements" to the "FIFA 22 Legacy Edition." A line that users have pointed out on Reddit has been copy-pasted on every "FIFA" Switch title dating back to "FIFA 20."

To the dismay of fans, "FIFA 23 Legacy Edition" will be missing features available to its next-gen counterparts. This is because the Switch's "FIFA 23" doesn't run on the Frostbite engine. Instead, it runs on an altered version of the Ignite Engine, previously used for "FIFA 16." Some features previously left out of recent Switch entries include weather effects, squad battles, and upgraded AI (via Digital Foundry).

Unsurprisingly, fans were furious to hear this, especially considering the game is selling for a premium price. Some justified the missing features by pointing out that the Switch is significantly weaker than the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series consoles. Things could be changing, however, considering EA is rebranded the series. In the meantime, Switch gamers will be forced to play a watered-down version of "FIFA."

Read More: https://www.svg.com/958466/why-nintendo-fans-are-furious-about-fifa-23/?utm_campaign=clip

Seeing that there are a lot of things in common between FIFA 16 PC / FIFA 23 Switch / FIFA 19 PS3 and that many of the graphical assets from Switch work in PC because they use almost the same file formats, I am wondering if it would be possible to extract gameplay files too

The animations reminded me instantly on 16.
all that hyper stuff missing. I do prefer smoother transitions but when the core is so right, i can surely live with that.

I found FIFA 16 on DVD, and it appears that the product code isn't activated. I hope this lady sends me a photo of the code to try it out. It will cost me €8

So, my origin client is downloading the game now. 🥳

i tried 23 with the latest so sliders and went straight to my computer to use the newly acquired code. 😊

i have the App DS4windows installed… is that all I need to use my DS controller with the game?
i wish I could have PlayStation buttons ingame! How do I do that?

Uploading v1.00 for you now. I'll send a link when it's ready.

For the patch you can start here - https://downloads.fifa-infinity.com/fifa-16/fifa-infinity-patch-16-v5/
i just read the content list and cant stop smiling and laughing! :D
i dont need to tinker with the extra tools, do i?

that patch is only 250mb!? :CONF:

Edit: ah ok, so after the first dl in origin i rename the folder and start another second dl!?

Edit: creation master and i68 controller dl as well.

Edit:
giphy.gif

tonight. finally. i am awaiting nothing but bliss!! :APPLAUD:

Edit: and now I’m watching bayern vs Leverkusen and I want to replay that. that!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom