FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

To fix tearing, try to cap the maximum FPS with MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner (https://www.msi.com/page/AFTERBURNER) to match the game refresh rate with your monitor refresh rate. For instance, if you have a 60 hz monitor try to limit the game maximum frame rate to 59 or 60 FPS. If 144 hz, try 144 or 143 FPS.
That’s what I did just minutes ago. 😂 👍 will keep an eye on that.

so I have a circle under the player now. That’s it!? 🤷‍♂️ Looks like PES mobile. 😂 I need a cursor where the ball will land as well!!

whats annoying, my controller is controller 2! It was the red one (controller 1) before… don’t know how, but the cursor is gone anyway now… 🤷‍♂️ See above.

and another thing, my controller setting don’t stick. Everytime I end the game and restart it’s back to classic controller settings. 🤷‍♂️

is there a way to set the standard league in kickoff!? It’s all the time set to USA, wich I will never play with. 😂

edit: the circle underneath the player is probably just the trainer. In skill challenge before a match the regular cursor is above the players heads. Just not during the match. Hm.🤔

Last edited:

so I have a circle under the player now. That’s it!? 🤷‍♂️ Looks like PES mobile. 😂 I need a cursor where the ball will land as well!!

whats annoying, my controller is controller 2! It was the red one (controller 1) before… don’t know how, but the cursor is gone anyway now… 🤷‍♂️ See above.

and another thing, my controller setting don’t stick. Everytime I end the game and restart it’s back to classic controller settings. 🤷‍♂️

is there a way to set the standard league in kickoff!? It’s all the time set to USA, wich I will never play with. 😂

edit: the circle underneath the player is probably just the trainer. In skill challenge before a match the regular cursor is above the players heads. Just not during the match. Hm.🤔

To set the standard league, you will need to start Origin in online mode. The first time you start the game in online mode, it will make you select your favorite team and this team-league combination will stay as default in kick-off mode.
This also applies to save forever your controller settings. Select your preferred settings in online mode, save it. Then, they will be kept in Origin offline mode too.

It's always good to have two folders: one with the vanilla game, and another copy to put the mods. Although is not that common, some patches might corrupt your files and you would have to install everything again.

Regarding the cursors, I don't know how to go back to the regular cursor yet.

Last edited:
fifa.jpg

I downloaded a fresh install of the game, started it up and played a few seconds of a match, and then closed out, pasted the v1.0 files into the folder, and regenerated. Now when I get to the start screen, I just get this without the menu options; this is my team selection, and music is playing, but I just can't do anything. Am I missing a trick?

View attachment 180379

I downloaded a fresh install of the game, started it up and played a few seconds of a match, and then closed out, pasted the v1.0 files into the folder, and regenerated. Now when I get to the start screen, I just get this without the menu options; this is my team selection, and music is playing, but I just can't do anything. Am I missing a trick?

Because you mixed files from different versions.

To use the v1.0, you don't need to regenerate. Just rename the original folder installed by Origin to some other name to have it as a backup (example, FIFA 16b) and put the FIFA 16 folder you downloaded from the 1.0 version in the same place. That's all. No need to regenerate in this case. Don't forget to run Origin in offline mode. Otherwise, it will force you to update to 1.07

The regen process is only to make the game detect additional files added by users (like a new adboard or stadium that wasn't in the vanilla game). In this case, you are replacing a folder generated by EA (the 1.07) with another one generated by EA too (1.00). So, regeneration is not needed.

Btw, that Amsterdam ArenA is beautiful!

Because you mixed files from different versions.

To use the v1.0, you don't need to regenerate. Just rename the original folder installed by Origin to some other name to have it as a backup (example, FIFA 16b) and put the FIFA 16 folder you downloaded from the 1.0 version in the same place. That's all. No need to regenerate in this case. Don't forget to run Origin in offline mode. Otherwise, it will force you to update to 1.07

The regen process is only to make the game detect additional files added by users (like a new adboard or stadium that wasn't in the vanilla game). In this case, you are replacing a folder generated by EA (the 1.07) with another one generated by EA too (1.00). So, regeneration is not needed.

Btw, that Amsterdam ArenA is beautiful!

Oh, whoops, I copied the v1.0 without realizing it was already the full game.

Early impressions are, v1.0 with the Ball Physics is great!

Which camera mod are you using man? Outside of the default camera angles, all the other packages are based on replay camera angles - and that's the reason there's no cursor above the players head like usual. This is why I've included the circle. You can turn it on and off like the trainer. If you want the ball cursor back and the powerbar etc, just delete the 'presentation' folder in sceneassets and regenerate.

Glad you're enjoying the PC version!

To set the standard league, you will need to start Origin in online mode. The first time you start the game in online mode, it will make you select your favorite team and this team-league combination will stay as default in kick-off mode.
This also applies to save forever your controller settings. Select your preferred settings in online mode, save it. Then, they will be kept in Origin offline mode too.

It's always good to have two folders: one with the vanilla game, and another copy to put the mods. Although is not that common, some patches might corrupt your files and you would have to install everything again.

Regarding the cursors, I don't know how to go back to the regular cursor yet.
Wether online or offline (in origin) it won’t get saved. I tried. Couple of times. 🤷‍♂️
i have a vanilla origin download in one folder named FIFA16_original (never touched this after first dl) and another folder called FIFA 16; that’s where I put the mod files in.

Which camera mod are you using man? Outside of the default camera angles, all the other packages are based on replay camera angles - and that's the reason there's no cursor above the players head like usual. This is why I've included the circle. You can turn it on and off like the trainer. If you want the ball cursor back and the powerbar etc, just delete the 'presentation' folder in sceneassets and regenerate.

Glad you're enjoying the PC version!
I really am, the camera mod made it playable like I was dreaming it. 😊
im using the broadcast camera package 2 close atm.

yeah. I need all the cursor back. Cant play without.
deleting the presentation folder brought back the power bar and ball cursor. I need that cursor above the player heads! How can anyone play without it is beyond me. Same with a huge circle underneath the players.

if i cant play the game with cursor and that cam, wich is a gameplay mod to me, then I’m f‘ed! 🤷‍♂️

edit: with default you mean EA default? Not your default wide mods?

I really am, the camera mod made it playable like I was dreaming it. 😊
im using the broadcast camera package 2 close atm.

yeah. I need all the cursor back. Cant play without.
deleting the presentation folder brought back the power bar and ball cursor. I need that cursor above the player heads! How can anyone play without it is beyond me. Same with a huge circle underneath the players.

if i cant play the game with cursor and that cam, wich is a gameplay mod to me, then I’m f‘ed! 🤷‍♂️

edit: with default you mean EA default? Not your default wide mods?
You don’t like the circle underneath?

You don’t like the circle underneath?
No. It’s total bs to me like in PES and other mobile games. Always reminds me of arcade or touch games!! And what an immersion breaker!!

so there is no way of having a simple cursor like before and your cam mod? Or any other cam mod that makes it look like broadcast and play out this smooth?!

If so, 🤷‍♂️ it was fun while it lasted.

No. It’s total bs to me like in PES and other mobile games. Always reminds me of arcade or touch games!! And what an immersion breaker!!

so there is no way of having a simple cursor like before and your cam mod? Or any other cam mod that makes it look like broadcast and play out this smooth?!

If so, 🤷‍♂️ it was fun while it lasted.
You know there’s not a cursor above a player’s head in real life, just the same as there’s not a circle under them right?:LMAO:

Haha leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do this week!

You know there’s not a cursor above a player’s head in real life, just the same as there’s not a circle under them right?:LMAO:

Haha leave it with me and I’ll see what I can do this week!
😊 yeah I know, but I think you can understand me. You know where I’m coming from and what I want in a sim.

oh, if there is any chance you could make that happen, ball cursor and player cursor above head are the most important. Power bar I don’t need. I’d be more than happy to buy you a coffee, pal!
i have a week of holidays ahead, just saying… 😂

Take care! 😊

Last edited:
😊 yeah I know, but I think you can understand me. You know where I’m coming from and what I want in a sim.

oh, if there is any chance you could make that happen, ball cursor and player cursor above head are the most important. Power bar I don’t need. I’d be more than happy to buy you a coffee, pal!
i have a week of holidays ahead, just saying… 😂

Take care! 😊
Haha just joking with you. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can solve it. I have an idea, just not sure it’ll work yet.

I can’t express how happy I am. Finally. 😊👏
this plays so different with the close broadcast cam by James. and now I know why the skill challenges before matches played smoother as well. Damn! All those monk-ish sensibilities I have… 😊 makes sense now. Even more.

it is a different game! Wow! Just wow. The dribbling profits a lot from the smoothness! Just great to dribble. Even more than before.
it’s just unbelievable. I’m a bit lost for words. A super game changer for me. 🤯😍
Video bro..Show me the smoothness :)

Haha just joking with you. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can solve it. I have an idea, just not sure it’ll work yet.
Waiting for you to execute your idea and see if you get succeeded. :)
I like the modified cameras, but without the cursor/indicator above the player head, it's really annoying for me to try/use it, like @PRO_TOO said. I'm currently on Tele Broadcast cam. Previously was on Default cam and it has so much twitchy camera shakes when passing the ball (also seen in dribbling, not that effective like passing).

Waiting for you to execute your idea and see if you get succeeded. :)
I like the modified cameras, but without the cursor/indicator above the player head, it's really annoying for me to try/use it, like @PRO_TOO said. I'm currently on Tele Broadcast cam. Previously was on Default cam and it has so much twitchy camera shakes when passing the ball (also seen in dribbling, not that effective like passing).
FIFA 16’s camera tracking unfortunately is a weak point of the game. It’s quite reactive to all movements of the ball in lots of the cameras. We don’t have much control over these aspects like in Frostbite unfortunately.

Question then guys: Which one do you recommend on PC, 16 or 17? I have both on Origin, I remember playing a bit of FIFA 17 which was decent here and there but I don't remember anything about FIFA 16, I don't even know how it's in my library of bought games. 😀

FIFA 16’s camera tracking unfortunately is a weak point of the game. It’s quite reactive to all movements of the ball in lots of the cameras. We don’t have much control over these aspects like in Frostbite unfortunately.
Maybe, right. The cameras are truly annoying sometimes. For me, the Vanilla Broadcast cam is too zoomed in and I don't like it. As you know, the custom settings are like changing the sliders on newer FIFAs (completely useless in that regard), it has nothing to offer really. I do we'll get the chance to modify/alter the cameras without affecting the player cursor/indicator. Also, in the custom camera mods, I don't like the dynamic zoom and stuffs. That's the main reason why I'm not using the modified Default camera mod setup.
It is just there in gameplay now. Was in other parts of the game. It has to do with the cam! 🤷‍♂️😊
see the scene in the video I linked in post 8.507.

btw: the Salah theme got my 4 tiles in the games main menu. 👍
It's because that theme was previously the main theme for FIP (before the new one {Virgil}). They altered the menus to get rid of Online and unwanted tabs for keeping it simple, as we're only playing offline, right?

Question then guys: Which one do you recommend on PC, 16 or 17? I have both on Origin, I remember playing a bit of FIFA 17 which was decent here and there but I don't remember anything about FIFA 16, I don't even know how it's in my library of bought games. 😀
Depend what do you want?
But definetly 16. Its a full package. Gameplay, mods, stadiums and graphics stuff.

Normally they are running at your screen refresh rate if you enforce vsynch.
I have it locked at 60 via rivatuner. Gameplay is solid 60. Cut scenes only 30.

In gfx options there is no vsync option.

edit: what worked is setting no limit to fps in gfx options. It’s all at 60 now. 👌
edit: but tearing is back now. uncapped i get 230 fps.

Last edited:
Alright downloading it now. Origin says I had 110h in this one. Is there a quick way to bring it up to date roster wise like we do with PES patches? Don't care about the fancy things. Just want to play a decent football game.

Back
Top Bottom