FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

Don’t know how I did it but I once was controller 1 and saved my setup. Now I can only be controller 2. 🤷‍♂️
In Origin i turned on and off online mode a couple of times. The game starts both ways anyway. I once got a message in origin some setting need saving and so I did locally.
Don’t really get all that to 100% if I’m honest. 🤷‍♂️

and I’m coming from option files so it’s not all new stuff to me.

Don’t know how I did it but I once was controller 1 and saved my setup. Now I can only be controller 2. 🤷‍♂️
In Origin i turned on and off online mode a couple of times. The game starts both ways anyway. I once got a message in origin some setting need saving and so I did locally.
Don’t really get all that to 100% if I’m honest. 🤷‍♂️

and I’m coming from option files so it’s not all new stuff to me.
I don't know what controller you are using but the trick is to start the controller after you started FIFA 16. If you start the controller before, it's always the second controller.

No wonder a big PES fan like me had 110h on this one. It is really good and I haven't even touched any sliders. Defending is good, AI actually is there, it's still a bit frantic in places even on slow but at least it feels like football.
Speaking of sliders what do you guys recommend? I think passing speed is bit fast, could do with some more passing error also maybe?

Not sure, I didn't realize there were multiple. But I am using the one for v1.0, which I didn't initially. Is there one that's preferred more than another?
Oh you probably have the old one that is a little out of balance and gets rid of the curve. Give both of these a try and see what you think. Both of these are closer to default in general, but bring some very positive changes in my opinion. Both are very similar aside from one value. I prefer 2.0 at the moment, but it's a fairly subtle difference.

2.0 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/IE02XY7D#IfwPjufidmQ1tDmjZH6adf-ijuI9Q3qZiUvlL-pIIac
3.5 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/tEc00I6Q#LdssN01olUOrF373XUQ5wFQ_UPCIpAvXYtLhdBkxudA

@DevPlays @PRO_TOO Guys, that idea didn't work with the cursor. There might be another way but I'll have to have a think about it and this isn't a great week to explore.

In terms of the dynamic zoom etc, that happens mainly with Broadcast Package 1. The other camera's do it in a similar way to the default, with some subtle differences. Broadcast Package 4 for example doesn't zoom in on the far side of the pitch.

However, if you want to keep the default camera options but play with a zoomed out broadcast camera, then use one of the options included in the package.

Default Wider Camera (0.85)
Default Wider Camera (0.75)
Default Wider Camera (0.65)
Default Wider Camera (0.55)

Will give you the indicator plus a scaling wider field of view. I use the 0.85 often.

No wonder a big PES fan like me had 110h on this one. It is really good and I haven't even touched any sliders. Defending is good, AI actually is there, it's still a bit frantic in places even on slow but at least it feels like football.
Speaking of sliders what do you guys recommend? I think passing speed is bit fast, could do with some more passing error also maybe?
Give these a try for some help with ball physics/pass speed. It balances the speed out a little. https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3879924

I don't know what controller you are using but the trick is to start the controller after you started FIFA 16. If you start the controller before, it's always the second controller.
That worked very well for me. Thank you! 👍
How I got that one controller setting configured and saved still is a mystery to me.

I’m using the 1.07 from the console version. So the latest there.
But yeah. Even on default it’s a lovely game.

@DevPlays @PRO_TOO Guys, that idea didn't work with the cursor. There might be another way but I'll have to have a think about it and this isn't a great week to explore.

In terms of the dynamic zoom etc, that happens mainly with Broadcast Package 1. The other camera's do it in a similar way to the default, with some subtle differences. Broadcast Package 4 for example doesn't zoom in on the far side of the pitch.

However, if you want to keep the default camera options but play with a zoomed out broadcast camera, then use one of the options included in the package.

Will give you the indicator plus a scaling wider field of view. I use the 0.85 often.
Will have a look at the default wider cams now. Thanks for the effort though. 👏

I’m using the 1.07 from the console version. So the latest there.
But yeah. Even on default it’s a lovely game.
Had to increase pass error to 60 and might bring it up to 65. Reduced passing speed to 40 and it looks good. Managed to stop some of the frantic action by setting run frequency to 1 and FB positioning to 100 and ofc increased the first touch errors.
How EA managed to ruin the foundation they had in this game is just bonkers. Even on Pro difficulty the AI is decent, played already 7 games and the scores are low, games are tight.

ah, 5.2 was just the update. i'm dl the big f'er now! super slow speed btw! shame. im dl all 3 files now.

i wanna try all the versions now! :APPLAUD:

oh, @Byronic please excuse my stupid question, im just about to dig deeper into the scene... :TTTH: but i can already see clearer now! :DD

now guys, please advise me on that physics mod please. im sure i can install FIP. but cams and physics i need! kits and stadiums can follow l8r.
I guess you already dig deeper into the scene. :-) Glad that you having fun with the PC Version. I guess if more people come back to Fifa 16 or just start new with the game and jump into the water instead of getting stick with Fifa 23 or 22 than they will feel the difference of the games and realize what football on PC is meant. I also guess many didn´t try Fifa 16 because they fear oh that old game with old rosters why should I play this?! But yeah we have updated Squads till June this year thanks to fifainfinity. Great games couldn´t be too old. Never.

The Operation Sports sliders are great 👍🏻

Is it possible to have the cut scenes running in 60fps as well?!
Open FIFA 16 Settings -> Set the Frame Rate to No Limit on FPS -> Apply & Exit.

Now, do not touch/alter the fifasetup.ini on Documents folder.

Go to your GPU Control Panel, go the Program Settings (Nvidia) or Game Settings (AMD) for FIFA 16, enable Adaptive V-Sync (Nvidia) or Enhanced Sync (AMD), click apply & exit.

Fun Fact :- Why should you do this? Because in every FIFA games, EA are actually locking your FPS to 60 only on gameplay and locking every other things to 30 when you use 60 FPS Lock option. If your monitor is actually 144 Hz, locking to 60 FPS option will actually locks you on 144 FPS and locks the cutscenes on 60/75 FPS. 😅

So, EA actually intended that options to lock your FPS as same as your refresh rate. For better understandability to the general audience, they mentioned the "FPS" thing as "60 FPS" is the most common refresh rate back in 2010s. In short, they didn't even update their Game Settings tab since then.

Oh you probably have the old one that is a little out of balance and gets rid of the curve. Give both of these a try and see what you think. Both of these are closer to default in general, but bring some very positive changes in my opinion. Both are very similar aside from one value. I prefer 2.0 at the moment, but it's a fairly subtle difference.

2.0 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/IE02XY7D#IfwPjufidmQ1tDmjZH6adf-ijuI9Q3qZiUvlL-pIIac
3.5 BETA - https://mega.nz/file/tEc00I6Q#LdssN01olUOrF373XUQ5wFQ_UPCIpAvXYtLhdBkxudA
Well, I forgot to report some issues. When I tried to use your 1.0 Ball Physics, I couldn't apply it properly for some reason. It shows some error and only the Groups are ticked red instead of the inner values (or is this okay?). FYI, I disabled Speed-hack inside the Cheat Table manually.

EDIT : I tried your 2.0 Beta. It is working (no errors).

I already used the third One (I think). It had the far zoom issue. Like it transitions itself from a very zoomed out look to actually zoom in slowly and stuck at the point every time a kick-off or restart happens.

Last edited:
Well, I forgot to report some issues. When I tried to use your 1.0 Ball Physics, I couldn't apply it properly for some reason. It shows some error and only the Groups are ticked red instead of the inner values (or is this okay?). FYI, I disabled Speed-hack inside the Cheat Table manually.

EDIT : I tried your 2.0 Beta. It is working (no errors).

I already used the third One (I think). It had the far zoom issue. Like it transitions itself from a very zoomed out look to actually zoom in slowly and stuck at the point every time a kick-off or restart happens.
Yeah use 2.0 or 3.5 physics.

With the camera there’s a couple of little quirks that I have to go back and iron out. Every transition, cut away etc needed rewording so it’s 99% done but I will fix it :)

Yeah use 2.0 or 3.5 physics.

With the camera there’s a couple of little quirks that I have to go back and iron out. Every transition, cut away etc needed rewording so it’s 99% done but I will fix it :)
hello and congratulations for all your works !!! ... I too would like to play with the most distant wide field but with the number above the player ... Thank you very muchhello and congratulations for all your works !!! ... I too would like to play with the most distant wide field but with the number above the player ... Thank you very much

hello and congratulations for all your works !!! ... I too would like to play with the most distant wide field but with the number above the player ... Thank you very muchhello and congratulations for all your works !!! ... I too would like to play with the most distant wide field but with the number above the player ... Thank you very much
Thanks! The indicator issue is to do with the fact the camera packages are based on replay cameras. Because of this reason there isn’t an indicator space to fill, like with the normal gameplay camera options.

We were using the circle underneath from the FIFA trainer as workaround method to have some kind of indicator. I’ll have another go at some stage.

So,
It’s just copying you vanilla files in the active fifa directory after origin download and then the rest like FIP and regeneration? That’s the order?
We were talking ball physics mod, not v1.00.

For v1.00 you don’t need to copy anything, just keep the folder and rename it to FIFA 16. Then you need to install the patch fresh into that folder.

We were talking ball physics mod, not v1.00.

For v1.00 you don’t need to copy anything, just keep the folder and rename it to FIFA 16. Then you need to install the patch fresh into that folder.
Ah ok, that’s what I asked before. So it’s not necessary to download a fresh fifa from origin (reg entries and such maybe), your vanilla files and a previous raw origin download are good to be copied as well. Just the Active Directory needs to be named fifa 16?!

Last edited:
Ah ok, that’s what I asked before. So it’s not necessary to download a fresh fifa from origin (reg entries and such maybe), your vanilla files and a previous raw origin download are good to be copied as well. Just the Active Directory needs to be name fifa 16?!
Yeah that’s right.

I was playing Manager Career Mode with Manchester United. I don't know if it's intended to happen, I've taken the lead with the team 1 - 0 earlier in a game with Newcastle United. Starting from the 85th minute of the game, CPU/AI were pressuring me every time. They were easily winning the ball and get into the penalty box and shot the ball over 5 times within 2 minutes and they scored a goal to draw the match. It was so intense. Is that an issue? FYI, I'm using @papinho81's Gameplay Mod. It has anything to do with the gameplay mod?

I was playing Manager Career Mode with Manchester United. I don't know if it's intended to happen, I've taken the lead with the team 1 - 0 earlier in a game with Newcastle United. Starting from the 85th minute of the game, CPU/AI were pressuring me every time. They were easily winning the ball and get into the penalty box and shot the ball over 5 times within 2 minutes and they scored a goal to draw the match. It was so intense. Is that an issue? FYI, I'm using @papinho81's Gameplay Mod. It has anything to do with the gameplay mod?

It's normal, they will try to do that in the last 10 minutes of the game and if they're winning you will also see them get the ball to the corner flag to frustrate you and waste time, as you may have to press with 2 players to get the damn ball off them!

You need to be aware that you need more time and space than normal to make passes safely as they will run aggressively to catch you off guard and sometimes you just have to clear the ball to avoid losing it in a dangerous area. They will also launch a good number of desperate crosses from distance so you better be prepared to switch to something more defensive. It can be tricky, but it's also a great time to try and score on a counter and kill the game which feels great!

It's times like these when the game can become end to end and chaotic. It's not end to end because the AI has no brainz for 90 minutes, it's end to end when someone commits players to attacking/pressing high so the match actually makes sense.

Last edited:
That worked very well for me. Thank you! 👍
How I got that one controller setting configured and saved still is a mystery to me.

Switch folders and use a copy of the vanilla game to enter the game in Origin online mode. It should make you download and sync your settings with EA Cloud. When you play a kick off match, it should download latest squads (June 2017).
First, try to create a custom key setup with your keyboard and try to save it to check the saving function is working.

Sometimes I play with a Xbox 360 controller, but I have never created a custom button map for it (I can't try it right now because my motherboard is broken, sorry)
However, you said you were using another controller with a 3rd party program. Correct?

Alright downloading it now. Origin says I had 110h in this one. Is there a quick way to bring it up to date roster wise like we do with PES patches? Don't care about the fancy things. Just want to play a decent football game.

I think the most up-to-date roster available for FIFA 16 is FIFA Infinity Patch 5.2 that used FIFA 22 last squad update (June 22, before summer transfer market).
If you want to install it, start reading from here https://evoweb.uk/threads/fifa-16-news-discussion-thread.75194/post-3879297 that I explained it before.

Back
Top Bottom