FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@Anth James mate will work if edit values in 2.0 for a bigger ball size? I know I need to use the same value for all stuff in the particle group.

In the previous mod, it was 0.3690000176 and now it's 0.3900000155

I really like and prefer the old one.

And new physics is defiantly great. I don't know is better than the previous one or not but definitely different.
Love curve on the ball. I really like crosses now and long balls. Will definitely play more with this to try, and see what sliders i need.
Also, it's fantastic to fight for a ball. It has really a lot of random moments on the pitch.

Tested with 1.7.

Last edited:
@Anth James mate will work if edit values in 2.0 for a bigger ball size? I know I need to use the same value for all stuff in the particle group.

In the previous mod it was 0.3690000176 and now it's 0.3900000155

To permanently change it, right click and open in notepad. Change the value for group 1 and each of the values in there and save.

The weight will be less with a lower group 1 value. Especially without a group 2.

Last edited:

In the previous mod, it was 0.3690000176 and now it's 0.3900000155

And new physics is defiantly great. I don't know is better than the previous one or not but definitely different.
Love curve on the ball. I really like crosses now and long balls. Will definitely play more with this to try, and see what sliders i need.
Also, it's fantastic to fight for a ball. It has really a lot of random moments on the pitch.

Tested with 1.7.
Thanks for the feedback man. I tested with the old group 1 value and it also plays nicely. The ball is probably a touch big on the 0.3900000155 version. Still just unsure about the friction with physical interactions. I'll keep testing too..

After a lot of matches its ok, but i really miss some stuff from first mod, especially shooting - ground shooting.
Yeah it’s closer to default than previous. The lack of curve in the first release just kills it for me. I’ll try again to see if there’s any way to bring in some group 2 values without killing the curve for you.

Last edited:
I think I've found a solution with the 'slipping' physical interactions between the players. Also working on an updated version, will post back once I've had a little more time with it.

Edit: Also worked out a way to bring in some group 2 values and keep the curve.

Last edited:
Ball Physics 2.5 BETA

I've removed the 'roll friction' value as that was causing the physical interaction issues (but kept ‘ballrollfriction’ for obvious reasons. I’ve also lowered the Group 1 value as the ball was a little large. This keeps the smoother gameplay, keeps that fight for the ball but reverts the physical interactions back to default.

Overall it's not a major change from default, as big sweeping changes can really disrupt the balance of the already great gameplay. This is just to smooth things out, improve the overall feel when passing and create some more possibilities - whilst retaining that curve.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/pFcSQCwY#IJ065GGdl_uJeFty7Yr6uurI_aiH-Ou3GLNvzYAAVQo

Last edited:
For sure! Here is the 2.0 Beta. Instructions are included in the download and I have a table for v1.00 and v1.7 (although I haven't tested the 1.7 version).
I played a handful of matches with it this weekend and I really liked it. It seems to me that the ball behaves more naturally with less of those way too weak vs way too strong passes that happen quite often. I was able to make some beautiful through passes and some of the fights I had for possession in the midfield felt more fluid and realistic, with lots of rebounds and scruffy moments, really love that :)

I played a handful of matches with it this weekend and I really liked it. It seems to me that the ball behaves more naturally with less of those way too weak vs way too strong passes that happen quite often. I was able to make some beautiful through passes and some of the fights I had for possession in the midfield felt more fluid and realistic, with lots of rebounds and scruffy moments, really love that :)
Great to hear. Exactly what I was hoping for, especially with the more natural behaviour of the ball. With the limit of what we have access to with ball physics for 16 I think this definitely helps. Hope you find the new BETA good too.

What sliders is everybody using? I’ve been using the Operation Sports ones as for me they feel the most balanced although I find using 15 for sprint and 45-47 for acceleration looks smoother.
Played those the whole evening. 😊👍

edit: when I was playing 22 a lot lately… and in contrast, what really struck me (again!) was the AI behavior. Gosh, it’s miles ahead of that of the current games!
the animations may be looking clunky at times, but not so much jelly leggy… but there is inertia and wheight to ball and players! There is midfield play and nice variations in build up play.
there is so much minor stuff in the game, that makes players act more human, more natural… in a football related way. It’s just eve more impressive when you look at how old this title is and what the series has become.

its a very good game, but it really shines when you’ve played 22 for weeks before.

and then, there is the trailer! Yea, the old one… in the menus.
Damn, I’m not getting bored of this trailer. It’s perfect, imo! 😍 gets me every time!

Just brilliantly it sums up what football is all about… and when you’ve done watching the trailer, you can actually go straight into a match and experience this yourself. now, isn’t that great!? 🥳😊

Last edited:
Just releasing this here for anyone who wants to try. This is with a Group 1 value of 0.380000025. It just feels that little bit more of a new experience compared to 2.5 (which I still really like). It's a little weightier and smoother. Enjoy!

Oh and remember ctrl+shift+b to activate (when in main menu).

Ball Physics 3.0 BETA download: https://mega.nz/file/wBl10YrC#i8s5TTyaDZYTPbegcy9BsyxhMxnW_uCyRKuJfqZN7r8

Last edited:
guys 1 question,. is fifa 16 offline better than 19? because i get samey feeling with 19 after a while... and how to install ball physics mod? thanks

I can’t believe how good FIFA 16 looks even without mods at high rez on my laptop outputted to a big hdtv. The graphics are way smoother than 22 and 23 could dream of which pisses me off at EA even more given we’re 7 years down the line. Rain in FIFA 16 looks so good. In 22/23 it just looks like my tv isn’t worth shit 🙄 😂

FIFA 16 offline is the best footy game I’ve ever played (Operation Sports sliders and switch spring/acc to 15/47).
Im on 15/48. what’s the difference you see compared to 45-47?

One thing I like: when you loose to penalties you can’t skip the replay of the latest goal. 😂👌

edit: lovely, when the commentators talk about your opponents offensive attempts in the 70th minute. 3 shots, 2 on target. 😍

Last edited:
On PC, the modded version, is there a way to see the replays a bit longer? On console, the replay starts right before a shot but i want to see more of the build up?
Does the modded version enhance the animations or “just“ the ball physics?

On PC, the modded version, is there a way to see the replays a bit longer? On console, the replay starts right before a shot but i want to see more of the build up?
Does the modded version enhance the animations or “just“ the ball physics?
You can use speed hack in the CE table to slow everything down but not animations specifically.

16 is obviously great for modding, but gameplay wise it is a little different and more restrictive in what we can change compared to frostbite fifa from 20 onwards.

You can use speed hack in the CE table to slow everything down but not animations specifically.

16 is obviously great for modding, but gameplay wise it is a little different and more restrictive in what we can change compared to frostbite fifa from 20 onwards.
No no no… don’t through other fifa in the ring. 😂 I’m focused on 16 now.
thx.

No no no… don’t through other fifa in the ring. 😂 I’m focused on 16 now.
thx.
Haha no I’m not suggesting you play them. The modding possibilities are great for those titles, unfortunately the access to gameplay files happened at the exact time 1v1 was introduced…..and it’s one of the only things that those files can’t properly fix. We’ve tried believe me.

Haha no I’m not suggesting you play them. The modding possibilities are great for those titles, unfortunately the access to gameplay files happened at the exact time 1v1 was introduced…..and it’s one of the only things that those files can’t properly fix. We’ve tried believe me.
I fully trust you.
so besides the speed of things and the ball physics, it’s kinda the console experience; core gameplay wise?!

Man i m friggin stuck right now with no football fix.....fifa 22 is bad, and i don y have ps5 to get 22 on it, and i have this friggin obstacle on origin that says renew membership to play fifa 16....man that s shit really, i need a way to buy 16 for cheap again...i can t use credit card, in lebanon, u all know the situation

Man i m friggin stuck right now with no football fix.....fifa 22 is bad, and i don y have ps5 to get 22 on it, and i have this friggin obstacle on origin that says renew membership to play fifa 16....man that s shit really, i need a way to buy 16 for cheap again...i can t use credit card, in lebanon, u all know the situation

Dude , contact EA support so you can play '16 if its in your library. If not, best bet is CDkeys and you can use paypal. but if you own it just contact them to fix your account.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the 3.0 Ball Physics BETA. One potential niggle on v1.00 I've noticed on occasion (and am monitoring) is the first touch control for driven passes might be a bit off at times due to the additional weight. If you find it’s an issue, a slider setting for first touch down to 45 or so seems to eradicate most of that problem. In saying that I just played a game on 50/50 and didn't notice it at all.

I like the natural behaviour/flight of the ball, especially in regards to deflections and saves.

Last edited:
Im on 15/48. what’s the difference you see compared to 45-47?

One thing I like: when you loose to penalties you can’t skip the replay of the latest goal. 😂👌

edit: lovely, when the commentators talk about your opponents offensive attempts in the 70th minute. 3 shots, 2 on target. 😍
I think 15/ is smoother than 45/ and the acceleration to speed feels more exciting to me as it looks like a genuine burst of speed. At 45/ that acceleration blends in to the top speed too much for me.
And yeah, playing games ending 1-0, 2-1, etc. with something like 11-9 shots is incredible. Having to work so freaking hard to get through the midfield and feeling when you finally do score like it was earned and get excited by it.

I'm really enjoying the 3.0 Ball Physics BETA. One potential niggle on v1.00 I've noticed on occasion (and am monitoring) is the first touch control for driven passes might be a bit off at times due to the additional weight. If you find it’s an issue, a slider setting for first touch down to 45 or so seems to eradicate most of that problem. In saying that I just played a game on 50/50 and didn't notice it at all.

I like the natural behaviour/flight of the ball, especially in regards to deflections and saves.
I've tried 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 betas. I find 2.0 has the most organic and realistic ball behavior.

I've tried 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 betas. I find 2.0 has the most organic and realistic ball behavior.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try the group 1 value from 2.0 now that the roll friction is taken out and see how it goes. 2.0 has a group 1 value of around 0.390 which is the heaviest (and largest size) of the lot. The extra weight should feel the best I'd say too. Do you find the ball looks too large or is it ok to your eye?

Back
Top Bottom