FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

What sliders is everybody using? I’ve been using the Operation Sports ones as for me they feel the most balanced although I find using 15 for sprint and 45-47 for acceleration looks smoother.

Attachments

• 85420C61-0A50-473A-A035-E34FEDAE0C68.png
    85420C61-0A50-473A-A035-E34FEDAE0C68.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 19
I switched back to FIFA 17 because i feel like stats have more impact in FIFA 17 than in FIFA 16 but man, I hate the marking of FIFA 17. There are holes everywhere in the defense. I just need a Fifa 16.5 that's a mix between FIFA 16 and FIFA 17.
Did you have any luck with gameplayzer? I had a quick look, but I'm not sure how to implement our own changes. Need to dig through some of the old conversations on it I think. I'm determined to get the absolute most we can out of 16! I'd be interested with 17 also, but until we have access to the gameplay files and the overall modding possibilities improve it's difficult.

Did you have any luck with gameplayzer? I had a quick look, but I'm not sure how to implement our own changes. Need to dig through some of the old conversations on it I think. I'm determined to get the absolute most we can out of 16! I'd be interested with 17 also, but until we have access to the gameplay files and the overall modding possibilities improve it's difficult.

Whenever I use gameplayzer, it just crashes my game. Does it support the 1.0 DB file?

We really need reserve engineers for FIFA 16. I feel like we can solve a lot of gameplay issues such as the impact of tactics sliders, the impact of stats such as tackling, short passing, long passing and vision. If I had more time, i could definitely be spending hours trying to find the gameplay code that uses those stats and change the coefficient(multiplier). Maybe I have time in the weekend to look at this.

We really need reserve engineers for FIFA 16. I feel like we can solve a lot of gameplay issues such as the impact of tactics sliders, the impact of stats such as tackling, short passing, long passing and vision. If I had more time, i could definitely be spending hours trying to find the gameplay code that uses those stats and change the coefficient(multiplier). Maybe I have time in the weekend to look at this.
That would huge if you could find that!

I switched back to FIFA 17 because i feel like stats have more impact in FIFA 17 than in FIFA 16 but man, I hate the marking of FIFA 17. There are holes everywhere in the defense. I just need a Fifa 16.5 that's a mix between FIFA 16 and FIFA 17.
Same to me. At the moment I play FIFA 16 with exe 1.00. Trying around with sliders settings. Changed from slow gameplay to normal speed and I am satisfied with speed slider set to 17 and acceleration set to 43. Feels The smoothest for myself. Shots at 52.
Regarding to FIFA 17 when I come back from 16 it feels always at the beginning very improved how smooth the gameplay is. The passing and ways the Players behave feels closest to FIFA 16 from all Frostbite games. But than comes that impact regarding to marking you mentioned and highest game difficulty feels not really difficult when on both sides the offense can walk through the defensive lines. So yeah a 16 &17 Hybrid would be awesome.

This week I played some FIFA 16 matches on my old Ps4. It’s a slightly other experience to the Pc Version of course. I really like the gameplay but without mods and old rosters it feels not the same.
Anyway, thumbs pushed you can find your time for some research in the gameplay you mentioned.

From what we've seen in recent games where some of this stuff is editable, this is all probably in the attribdb files. With the disclaimer though, that I too have not tried editing anything for 2 years now due to free time, so others may know better.

But I have wondered if we can put a dev bounty somewhere to entice a talented hacker to decrypt/reverse engineer these files in older games. 😅

(Edit: No idea about the tactics sliders though, as the old tactical system (which I now prefer) was removed in fifa 19).

Last edited:
From what we've seen in recent games where some of this stuff is editable, this is all probably in the attribdb files.

I have wondered if we can put a dev bounty somewhere to entice a talented hacker to decrypt/reverse engineer these files in older games. 😅
Did Pap try putting the 17 attribdb files in 16? I have to go and check the thread.

Edit: I'm going to give it a run now..

Edit 2: It runs, but shoot doesn't work. I remember @papinho81 talking about this now. Hard to say what it brings from the limited time I played. I noticed the first touch was a little different. I'll stick with the 1.7 file in 1.00 exe.

Last edited:
Guys I've had some success with the ball physics CE table. The issue was always that the curve of the ball was taken away. All I've done is open the table up in notepad and just delete a couple of the groups. It's not enough to just click them off in the table, they need deleting. By doing this it's reintroduced the curve back, so while we have less options, you can still actually achieve some really good results. I'm fine tuning at the moment, but that ball has really come alive and the gameplay feels smoother.

Last edited:
What sliders is everybody using? I’ve been using the Operation Sports ones as for me they feel the most balanced although I find using 15 for sprint and 45-47 for acceleration looks smoother.
Hey Wolf,
could you recommend an evenly good slider set for the 1.00 (vanilla) ps4 version of the game?!

Hey Wolf,
could you recommend an evenly good slider set for the 1.00 (vanilla) ps4 version of the game?!
You know mate, I haven't yet reverted back to the vanilla to experiment but I ordered the physical XboxOne version through Amazon (I already had the digital download but you get the latest version when you download that) so I can try the vanilla.

in my opinion the slides should not be changed because it is true that some things improve but others worsen .. (at the limit to decrease the speed of the game I use cheat engine) I play with 1.00 (super deluxe) and the mod gameplay of @papinho81 who is a true pioneer of the game

Yeap, It's the 5th title update after all. There must be a reason I keep v1.05 but I don't remember it now, haha.

Did some quick googling and I think these are all the title updates:

- Stability fixes in online game modes.
- Stability fixes in Ultimate Team.
- Stability fixes in Career Mode
- Optimized goalkeeper AI.
- Adjusted trap error tuning.
- Adjusted player positioning after corner kicks.
- Addressed player Substitutions after a red card.
- Addressed debug text issues in certain game modes.
- Addressed incorrect EA Trax artwork.
- Addressed Player and team artwork and names.
- Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
- Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
- Addressed referee/kit clashes.
- Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
- Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
- FIFA Trainer button tuning.
- Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
- Star heads for some players, many from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
- New third kits added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
- Improved online matchmaking.
- Fixed team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
- Addressed an exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
- Correct country flags appear in FIFA Pro Clubs.
- Fixed Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
- Fixed an issue on the PS4 system that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
- Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
- Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
- Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
- Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
- Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
A few Ultimate Team fixes - No one cares :P
This update addresses inconsistencies in chemistry and fitness on some FUT items - No one cares

(In the first 2 updates they improve the GK AI and in the 5th title update they increased fatigue for pressing and auto tackles where the AI tries to block the ball. Think about this for a minute in relation to where we are now with football games and why they are ... dead).

Any chance you could share the gameplayattribdb.big from v1.05 please?

Last edited:
I think I'm onto some winning values with the new ball physics! Just making sure there's not any issues and I'll upload over the next couple of days. It's more subtle than the last version I posted a while back, but it makes a definite difference. More possible outcomes, more options in both small spaces and larger spaces and it just feels more smooth. Nothing is too crazy though, there shouldn't be exploitable long shots etc like in the first version where the ball behaved a little like a bowling ball.

Proof that the curve is back also-

I think I'm onto some winning values with the new ball physics! Just making sure there's not any issues and I'll upload over the next couple of days. It's more subtle than the last version I posted a while back, but it makes a definite difference. More possible outcomes, more options in both small spaces and larger spaces and it just feels more smooth. Nothing is too crazy though, there shouldn't be exploitable long shots etc like in the first version where the ball behaved a little like a bowling ball.

I know it's a lot of ask, is it possible to do this for FIFA 17 too?

Also why would they have this disabled by default? Are there bugs?

Could you invite us to the beta?

I wouldn't mind testing it and giving feedbacks!

Thanks for sharing!

That's interesting, I was expecting some differences with the v1.07, but they are 100% identical.

There are indeed no gameplay changes mentioned in 1.06 & 1.07. So no patch ruined it after all? Or it's some other file, or maybe 1.05 is the "bad" one?

I know it's a lot of ask, is it possible to do this for FIFA 17 too?

Also why would they have this disabled by default? Are there bugs?
I think Pap tried to use this for 17 and it didn't work unfortunately! The curve wasn't disabled by default, it was just some the values we could mod in the CE table would create it and needed to be removed.

Could you invite us to the beta?

I wouldn't mind testing it and giving feedbacks!
For sure! Here is the 2.0 Beta. Instructions are included in the download and I have a table for v1.00 and v1.7 (although I haven't tested the 1.7 version).

The mod does slightly change the physical interactions between players due to the reduced friction. This is an area I'm keeping an eye on. At the moment I'm quite liking the implementation as it gets the ball moving across the pitch more smoothly and it also create some more freedom to the ball. There is more fight to get control and some more separation between the player and ball. You have to think a little more before diving into a tackle or committing yourself.

For reference, I am playing Slow speed with this mod and the only sliders I'm using is 68 power bar.

On Normal speed I found the movement was a little too fast and the physical interactions were 'slipping' a bit. I found it better with Acceleration set to 48 for both CPU and User on Normal, but overall on Slow I found it to be quite balanced at 50/50. If you find it's happening on Slow as well then also try dropping acceleration a touch and see if it helps..

Important Notes:

Make sure the values have loaded properly! A couple of times I noticed they hadn't so be sure to check all red boxes are ticked and the following values are loaded:

Group 1: 0.3900000155

BallModelSize: 0.3900000155
BallAirDrag1: 0.3900000155
BallSpin1: 0.3900000155
SizeAndDrag: 0.3900000155

Group 4: 0.04499999806

BallRollFriction: 0.04499999806
RollFriction: 0.04499999806

2. Don't load in a match. Only load in the menu or kick-off screens or you will see some strange behaviour.

Anyway I haven't spent a long time with it yet, so test it out guys and let me know your feedback!

Ball Physics 2.0 BETA download - https://mega.nz/file/IE02XY7D#IfwPjufidmQ1tDmjZH6adf-ijuI9Q3qZiUvlL-pIIac

Last edited:
Fantastic! I just can't imagine this game anymore without your ball physics mod.
Can't wait to try this one. I will test it with 1.7.

Did you change the ball size or is it the same as it was in the previous one? That is a feature I really love. The game looks much better or should i say perfect with that ball size.

Fantastic! I just can't imagine this game anymore without your ball physics mod.
Can't wait to try this one. I will test it with 1.7.

Did you change the ball size or is it the same as it was in the previous one? That is a feature I really love. The game looks much better or should i say perfect with that ball size.
I can’t actually remember the value for the last one, but from memory it’s a little bigger in this. Let me know how you go with it! This one is a little more subtle than the last release.

I will play today and see the result. I will try first with the sliders i think i like the most:

Speed/Acc - 47;
Shot Speed - 55;
Shoot Error - 40;
Pass Speed - 40 or 60 (i changing this a lot, can't figure out what i like most);
Pass Error - 50/52;
Power Bar - 60 (i used to play with 37 cause it makes the gameplay so slow but i changed this one cause of better player reactions);
First Touch - 0/0

PS: maybe it's the placebo effect, but i definitely think that gameplay is different with the pitch mod i am using compared to the original. It seems and feels different when i play the original one after using mine a lot. With mine ball is different, players are heavier, and shoots are heavier. I.played a lot and definitely there is some difference.

I've gone back to normal speed with the ball physics now. I'm trying to lessen that chance of turning by the CPU players a little too easily. It happens on default as well but it's a touch more prominent with the lower friction. I'm testing Acceleration at 49/50 with normal speed..

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am bit lost in Fifa editing since I almost universaly play PES. What's the most reliable and best patch around? Is it Infinity patch?

And can you recommend me some best gameplay? I kinda like FIFA 16 it just seems so fast to me and only about pace.

Big thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom