FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

You made me check the version numbers again and just realized I have 3 diff. versions: the expanded demo, the fully updated one (obviously) and what seems to be v1.01:

1660120694985.png

Can someone confirm this is indeed v1.01 based on date/product version? And do you think v1.00 is worth it to hunt down? (crap I'll keep 4 versions now 😅 ).

Last edited:
You made me check the version numbers again and just realized I have 3 diff. versions: the expanded demo, the fully updated one (obviously) and what seems to be v1.01:

View attachment 172722

Can someone confirm this is indeed v1.01 based on date/product version? And do you think v1.00 is worth it to hunt down? (crap I'll keep 4 versions now 😅 ).
Have you got a shot of the digital signature? That’s the one that will tell us.

v1.00 is definitely worth it. Especially after playing 1.01 today, the difference is clear. I’ll upload a link for you to 1.00.

Have you got a shot of the digital signature? That’s the one that will tell us.

v1.00 is definitely worth it. Especially after playing 1.01 today, the difference is clear. I’ll upload a link for you to 1.00.

Yeah, digital sig. is "‎Thursday, ‎December ‎3, ‎2015 10:23:08 AM" so in line with date modified. Date modified and Product version numbers should always be unique identifiers I think (unlike "file version" which is always 1.0.0.0 just to confuse you). So this must be v1.01 indeed. (Edit: Or maybe an even later version, December seems a bit late for the 1st patch.)

Thanks, if there's any working link to v1.00 I'll def. give it a go. Although I got to admit, I don't mind playing any version of fifa 16. I like em all, haha. :LMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah, digital sig. is "‎Thursday, ‎December ‎3, ‎2015 10:23:08 AM" so in line with date modified. Date modified and Product version numbers should always be unique identifiers I think (unlike "file version" which is always 1.0.0.0 just to confuse you). So this must be v1.01 indeed.

Thanks, if there's any working link to v1.00 I'll def. give it a go. Although I got to admit, I don't mind playing any version of fifa 16. I like em all, haha. :LMAO:
I have September 19th as my digital signature for 1.01. Uploading 1.00 now for you.

These clients are a fucking cancer for PC gaming. Even when I was trying to play a vanilla game that is updated to the latest version, you can't play until the client updates, if theirs some kind of server issue, you can't boot your own game on your hdd, if there's some kind of bug not letting me log into the client, guess what, can't boot your game, even if it's an offline game.

Nothing makes me angrier than this invasive DRM bullshit. And Origin seems to be the worst of the lot. Steam is pretty reliable that was until the recent PES 21 patch that you couldn't NOT download either.

I have September 19th as my digital signature for 1.01. Uploading 1.00 now for you.

Yeap, It's the 5th title update after all. There must be a reason I keep v1.05 but I don't remember it now, haha.

Did some quick googling and I think these are all the title updates:

- Stability fixes in online game modes.
- Stability fixes in Ultimate Team.
- Stability fixes in Career Mode
- Optimized goalkeeper AI.
- Adjusted trap error tuning.
- Adjusted player positioning after corner kicks.
- Addressed player Substitutions after a red card.
- Addressed debug text issues in certain game modes.
- Addressed incorrect EA Trax artwork.
- Addressed Player and team artwork and names.
- Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
- Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
- Addressed referee/kit clashes.
- Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
- Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
- FIFA Trainer button tuning.
- Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
- Star heads for some players, many from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
- New third kits added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
- Improved online matchmaking.
- Fixed team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
- Addressed an exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
- Correct country flags appear in FIFA Pro Clubs.
- Fixed Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
- Fixed an issue on the PS4 system that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
- Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
- Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
- Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
- Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
- Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
A few Ultimate Team fixes - No one cares :P
This update addresses inconsistencies in chemistry and fitness on some FUT items - No one cares

(In the first 2 updates they improve the GK AI and in the 5th title update they increased fatigue for pressing and auto tackles where the AI tries to block the ball. Think about this for a minute in relation to where we are now with football games and why they are ... dead).

Last edited:
Yeap, It's the 5th title update after all. There must be a reason I keep v1.05 but I don't remember it now, haha.

Did some quick googling and I think these are all the title updates:

- Stability fixes in online game modes.
- Stability fixes in Ultimate Team.
- Stability fixes in Career Mode
- Optimized goalkeeper AI.
- Adjusted trap error tuning.
- Adjusted player positioning after corner kicks.
- Addressed player Substitutions after a red card.
- Addressed debug text issues in certain game modes.
- Addressed incorrect EA Trax artwork.
- Addressed Player and team artwork and names.
- Optimized goalkeeper rushing, AI, and positioning.
- Improved player wage accuracy in Career Mode.
- Addressed referee/kit clashes.
- Addressed an exploit in Virtual Pro leaderboards.
- Addressed a shot missing the top corner and still being called a goal.
- FIFA Trainer button tuning.
- Player clipping during intro sequence in certain stadiums.
- Star heads for some players, many from the newly promoted Barclays Premier League teams this season.
- New third kits added for Roma, Barcelona, and Inter Milan.
- Improved online matchmaking.
- Fixed team celebrating a goal at the wrong moment.
- Addressed an exploit to win/loss record in FIFA Online Seasons.
- Correct country flags appear in FIFA Pro Clubs.
- Fixed Pro Club accomplishments resetting for a small number of users.
- Fixed an issue on the PS4 system that caused screen size changes to not save correctly.
- Improved through ball accuracy when close to the sideline.
- Improved pass receiver selection.
- Improvements made to balance sprinting dribble turns.
- Improvements to the Rules and Physics systems to have better referee decisions and help address penalty decisions.
- Behavioral changes in ‘Secondary Contain’ and ‘Interceptions’ to help balance high-pressure situations.
- Improvements in how quickly fatigue effects occur for players using ‘Aggressive Interceptions’ and ‘Secondary Contain’. This could, in turn, have an impact on your ability to apply high pressure as the game progresses and your players become increasingly fatigued.
- Instances where no auto tackle launched even when positioned properly.
- Improvements in the positioning system to allow for better attacking runs and support.
A few Ultimate Team fixes - No one cares :P
This update addresses inconsistencies in chemistry and fitness on some FUT items - No one cares

(In the first 2 updates they improve the GK AI and in the 5th title update they increased fatigue for pressing and auto tackles where the AI tries to block the ball. Think about this for a minute in relation to where we are now with football games and why they are ... dead).

V1.06 was the beginning of the real fall down. I remember, I was so pissed off after that update, that I decided to skip FIFA17, which I did until only very recently. I did enjoy v1.05 with a great slider set.

Sorry for the ignorance, what is v1.00? A gameplay mod? I use the last fip, is it included in that?
v1.00 is the original (disc for console) version of the game. There's a few of us who find this to be the best version of 16. After playing 1.01 today I can say for sure it is much better! I'm uploading now to google drive for a fairly short period (as I need the drive space) so if you want to download to try, go for it! I'll post the link once it's ready.

FIFA 16 v.100 + Fix

For those who haven't got v1.00 of the game, I'll have the link up for a couple of days so feel free to download.

You'll also need to download the fix to get it working. To apply the fix, simply override the '__Installer' folder in your v1.00 folder and it'll work (replacing all files).

Download v1.00: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PDRhukRupOJSHQFLo6hI8UDMSbF4A4p5?usp=sharing

Download v1.00 Fix: https://mega.nz/file/hJ0FEBaS#3jzqdMjhlNXHW-GxACIjYXKg_fk3Onb2jJ6_6l3jyRo

Also, for those wanting it I'm simply running this v1.7 'attribdbgameplay' file in my 1.00 data folder. So if you want to try it, just add it into your data folder and regenerate bh files.

v1.7 'attibdbgameplay' mod: https://mega.nz/file/IF1DSI5K#bdKs5pRNiZFaPbmtqKttYw9061mEqNyi_j3tZNDkvpk

For gameplay, that's all I'm running. I play normal speed, full manual on default sliders (only adjustment is a 68 powerbar for manual which I highly recommend!)

Last edited:
Nothing makes me angrier than this invasive DRM bullshit. And Origin seems to be the worst of the lot. Steam is pretty reliable that was until the recent PES 21 patch that you couldn't NOT download either.

Steam must be the only one that allows you to go offline and you can still play your games without bothering you about logging in. Although I think there's a time limit and you have to go online/login again once every few weeks. It's also a long time since I needed / tried that, so not sure if it's still the same.

FIFA 16 v.100 + Fix

For those who haven't got v1.00 of the game, I'll have the link up for a couple of days so feel free to download.

You'll also need to download the fix to get it working. To apply the fix, simply override the '__Installer' folder in your v1.00 folder and it'll work (replacing all files).

Download v1.00: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PDRhukRupOJSHQFLo6hI8UDMSbF4A4p5?usp=sharing

Download v1.00 Fix: https://mega.nz/file/hJ0FEBaS#3jzqdMjhlNXHW-GxACIjYXKg_fk3Onb2jJ6_6l3jyRo

Also, for those wanting it I'm simply running this v1.7 'attribdbgameplay' file in my 1.00 data folder. So if you want to try it, just add it into your data folder and regenerate bh files.

v1.7 'attibdbgameplay' mod: https://mega.nz/file/IF1DSI5K#bdKs5pRNiZFaPbmtqKttYw9061mEqNyi_j3tZNDkvpk

For gameplay, that's all I'm running. I play normal speed, full manual on default sliders (only adjustment is a 68 powerbar for manual which I highly recommend!)
Congratulations for the excellent work and discovery ... the parts of version 1.00 are 6 ?? thanks

Congratulations for the excellent work and discovery ... the parts of version 1.00 are 6 ?? thanks

Correct. When you try to download it, Google Drive zips the folder and splits it in 6 files

Btw, thank you @Anth James for providing us a new link for the 1.0 version. I will try to reupload it somewhere else to have a second server as a mirror because these specific versions are not easy find

FIFA 16 v.100 + Fix

Got it so you can remove it now. (Joking people) 😅

Thanks a lot mate! Like others mentioned google splits it into several zip files and you just have to dload them and unzip them all.

I then discovered I also had downloaded the Fifa16 super deluxe edition 3 or 4 years ago (and I think it's ... the same thing. V.1.0.0, haha). Oh well. I'll just delete one of the two if it's exactly the same.

Last edited:
Got it so you can remove it now. (Joking people) 😅

Thanks a lot mate! Like others mentioned google splits it into several zip files and you just have to dload them and unzip them all.

I then discovered I also had downloaded the Fifa16 super deluxe edition 3 or 4 years ago (and I think it's ... the same thing. V.1.0.0, haha). Oh well. I'll just delete one of the two if it's exactly the same.
Haha yeah the super deluxe edition is v1.00!

After looking at the disgusting positioning of FIFA 23, I can appreciate the brilliant positioning of 16 even more now than I already did! Just look how organically those passing lanes are closed down.

I love how you can also create a manual type press by positioning your defensive unit during different phases of play. They don't 'switch off' at all and the CPU reacts to you closing down their options. On newer versions of FIFA it doesn't seem to matter how well you can set up, if the CPU want to, they'll just split you open and you can't do anything.

FIFA 16 Screenshot 2022.08.12 - 18.53.05.79.png

Last edited:
After looking at the disgusting positioning of FIFA 23, I can appreciate the brilliant positioning of 16 even more now than I already did! Just look how organically those passing lanes are closed down.

Exactly. I played one kick off match on v.1.0.0 yesterday when I run it to see it's working.

Semi passing, WC, 10 minute halves.

1. Played the whole match because it was just enjoyable.
2. Halfway through I switched to assisted because I could not string together more than 2-3 passes in a row.

It wasn't my passing, it was the AI defending! Lost 1-0 and it was a blast. 😅

sorry, can you tell me where i can find fifa16 for pc? possibly an honest price. thank you
nation Italy

Cheapest & most reliable (that is the key will def. work) is to see if there are still sealed boxed copies where you live and get one & use the key.

Otherwise it's taking a chance at something like cdkeys.com / allkeyshop.com. Is $25 an honest price? No, but some other games are way more and it could get more rare/expensive. Only real problem is that there is a non zero chance of the key not working I think. Although I can't say I had a problem with cdkeys in the past. If it's on cdkeys most people would agree that they're a pretty reliable option.

Last edited:
1660316612817.png

Help, FIFA 16 doesn't seem to launch, it's stuck on infinite loading here. I tried to click the exe of the game directly but that only brings me back to this App.

Fuck EA, I wish this game was just cracked.

Back
Top Bottom