FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

@Anth James Yup, sometimes for me the same. The 1.01 exe is never a Poblem. I have the experience when I last time moved to another PC and I use the 1.00 exe it´s not a Problem to register via Origin. But when I first installed the 1.01 exe and some time later trying to activate the 1.00 exe Origin didn´t let me register them.

@nikolapfc89 In my particular case I tried it launching via Game Folder, didn´t changed anything. :-(

@Anth James Yup, sometimes for me the same. The 1.01 exe is never a Poblem. I have the experience when I last time moved to another PC and I use the 1.00 exe it´s not a Problem to register via Origin. But when I first installed the 1.01 exe and some time later trying to activate the 1.00 exe Origin didn´t let me register them.

@nikolapfc89 In my particular case I tried it launching via Game Folder, didn´t changed anything. :-(
Hmmm...did you end up getting it working? It's weird, I've never had this issue before....

You're right, 1.01 is working but not 1.00. So strange. Nothing happens when I click the icon. It doesn't tell me the game isn't installed, just nothing happens at all. If I switch to 1.7 it works fine. Wasn't happening until I updated Origin..

Last edited:
If someone could test if their 1.00 version is launching from the latest Origin let me know if it works! Can't get it working:RANT:

If someone could test if their 1.00 version is launching from the latest Origin let me know if it works! Can't get it working:RANT:

Tried it first without updating Origin and it worked fine. Updated Origin and it no longer works just as you experienced. Hopefully its just a bug as it wouldn't make much sense as to why they would suddenly block the 1.00 EXE.

Oh shit, dont tell me this, I never update origin and yesterday I did and didnt try launching the game. Will try once I get home

How do you do to keep Origin non updated?

I also face the v1.0 not launching since the update. It looks like Origin want to repair something every single time. Concerning.
On the bright side the extended demo is still working (for the lucky ones).

How do you do to keep Origin non updated?

I also face the v1.0 not launching since the update. It looks like Origin want to repair something every single time. Concerning.
On the bright side the extended demo is still working (for the lucky ones).
I was in offline mode. It asked me if I wanted to update, to be honest I didnt try launching the game without updating so dont know if it would even launch.

It seems like this origin update has stuffed a lot of people up in different games. I’m looking on Twitter now and there’s lots of issues..

Oh and the other thing this update is now doing which it never did before - even if you have automatic updates set to off it will automatically start updating your game until you hit offline. It used to only happen if you’d go to launch it.

Last edited:
Same here. It forced me to reinstall and "repair" the game, although before update it was working perfect (in this case 1.07v)
Not good! I wondered if there's a way of getting an old Origin version installed offline so we can launch it still. I'm not sure if it's always made you install it online though..

Maybe i just misunderstand but what do you mean repair? I know what it means, but do you start your FIFA 16 while staying online in origin?

Always when you open origin, switch to offline mod and then start FIFA 16.

Maybe i just misunderstand but what do you mean repair? I know what it means, but do you start your FIFA 16 while staying online in origin?

Always when you open origin, switch to offline mod and then start FIFA 16.
Yeah I always play offline. Since the Origin update though, v1.00 won't launch. Different other versions of the game launch like 1.7 or 1.01 but for 1.00 nothing happens.

I tried launching via the EA Desktop app and instead of nothing happening it said that some files are corrupt and it needs to repair them. In other words, it needs the update to launch.

I've tried lots of different methods and haven't had any success.

This is a pretty big disaster for me as I was so happy with v1.00! Really hoping we can find a fix somehow..

I really don't understand why. Because until the game is available in origin it never matters which version it is if its started while offline.
Me either :( The v1.00 always needs the whole folder to launch instead of just the exe though so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

I have one option to try. Rename your FIFA folder, then try to download a game, and after that try renaming 1.00 to FIFA 16 again and try start.
Thanks man, I've tried that. Unfortunately no luck.

At the moment I feel like our options to fix are -

1. Origin fix the 'bug'
2. We find a way of getting the v1.00 exe to launch just like v1.01 (so the whole folder isn't needed, only the exe and dbdata.dll)
3. We find a way of getting an older version of Origin installed without an internet connection.

Thanks man, I've tried that. Unfortunately no luck.

At the moment I feel like our options to fix are -

1. Origin fix the 'bug'
2. We find a way of getting the v1.00 exe to launch just like v1.01 (so the whole folder isn't needed, only the exe and dbdata.dll)
3. We find a way of getting an older version of Origin installed without an internet connection.
I am currently on holiday so I haven't touched and updated my origin yet. If there is anyway for me to keep the previous origin version files and then eventually share them with you guys, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom