FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

loving the full game (arrived today from shopto)

played about 5 matches and the cpu had a centre half sent off in 2 of them. the problem is the cpu/ai didn't bring on another defender. they just played the rest of the match with one centre back.

also for some reason niko kranjcar isn't at QPR

definitely feels a bit slower than the early access version but that may be down to the teams I've been using.

finally, the game needed an update when i put the disc in so i presume thats the day one patch?

are u sure about that?? How can we verify this? if thats the case its a game breaker for me... Gks are ridiculous in this, too good when they shouldnt and too bad when they shoudnt :(

This is just unaceptable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ8QgYdAwS8&index=2&list=PLTqGJGcJCFwdKi8cVtwC2wd95PQm3zLEF

GKs are the least of the concerns. Sometimes they screw up badly, though I've only had this happen to me once so far, but for the most part they're a solid addition that adds a lot more realism and variety.

They do screw up, and might ruin a match, but I don't see why GKs would be gamebreaking. The defensive AI on the other hand...

Is it just me or does the CPU just charge forward on World Class? Pro is too easy to keep possession and shots but WC so far has the CPU sprinting after me pressuring and then charging in straight lines to attack.

Oh well, the shortcomings are starting to show already. 5 games now on WC and every single team gets the ball and sprints down the pitch in a mad rush. The difference between human and CPU tackling is massive too as the best way of defending is standing off to cut off lanes and tackling at the right time. Unless you're the CPU in which case you get the ball back 90% of the time by tackling because you have unlimited stamina and can sprint the whole game.

I don't want to go down to Pro bit at least it feels more balanced and the CPU doesn't charge around like it's on drugs.

Try playing a match against the CPU and not using the sprint button once. You just can't keep up due to how often the CPU sprints with unlimited stamina.

Last edited by a moderator:
loving the full game (arrived today from shopto)

played about 5 matches and the cpu had a centre half sent off in 2 of them. the problem is the cpu/ai didn't bring on another defender. they just played the rest of the match with one centre back.

also for some reason niko kranjcar isn't at QPR

definitely feels a bit slower than the early access version but that may be down to the teams I've been using.

finally, the game needed an update when i put the disc in so i presume thats the day one patch?

PS4 or XBONE mate?

Just played as Arsenal v Wimbledon on WC. Left myself as Welbeck and didn't swap players to see how my team AI behaved. Turns out they dont have a clue, stand off constantly and let Wimbledon do what they want with the ball. Why can't my teammate AI be the same as the CPU AI and contemplate actually tackling?

It also probably explains Wimbledon having 91% pass completion. Against Arsenal.

Sigh.

PS4 or XBONE mate?

xbone pal

also goal kicks can't make it to or beyond the half way line. i don't get it, it was present in the demo but fixed when i played ea early access. now it's back to being a problem again. i know it's only a small point but it bugs me especially when i've got a target man (e.g.. crouch)

Last edited:
Anyone with the full version on PS3/360? I'd appreciate any feedback on how it differs to the demo and if it's a worthy purchase generally.

Ta.

I have the ps3 version i will list the positives and negatives

+
ball physics are the best in any old gen fifa you will see so many different things happen in each game

individuality in the big players is bloody good
all prem stadiums
the new match tactics and in game selecting receivers are in
career mode alot more polished and board expectations seem fixed
dribbling is brilliant
very realistic and difficult on world class
crowd sound superb and boo after a loss to lower teams/go crazy if you score last minute goals or comeback wins
fouls are so much better you will get alot more penalties and free kicks and AI will get alot more cards
new animations and are smooth as silk and look realistic as ever

-
graphics although now 1080p on ps3 are pretty crap and
terrible lighting playing day/clear looks so terrible i stick to overcast or night which is frustrating believe me day clear pitch looks neon green and burns your eyes.

finesse shots at times are really overpowered
slight bug were players freeze for a split second
goalkeepers near post is easy to score
pace is OP both you and AI you can skin people easy
AI teams apart from maybe the top ones in the world (bayern barca real madrid ect) all play the same
legendary difficulty is insane the AI will pull off stupid moves

all in all I would say its the best FIFA on old gen underneath the flaws it plays a damn good game, if you can look past the terrible graphics/lighting and cant get new gen FIFA then I would say buy it.I am playing a career with Liverpool and its been the best career I have played on any FIFA so far for exciting matches I didnt win my first 5 games and the press were saying I could be out the door after such a bad start!
then in my next game I was losing to everton at home when in the last minute skrtel scored a bullet header from a cross to make it 1-1 after i put all out attack the commentator shouted his name as he it went in and all the players bundled him it looked and sounded amazing never seen that in a fifa game on ps3 before it was like the AI knew the relief after a bad run of results

Just wish it had FIFA 14 graphics and they patched the flaws

Last edited:
xbone pal

also goal kicks can't make it to or beyond the half way line. i don't get it, it was present in the demo but fixed when i played ea early access. now it's back to being a problem again. i know it's only a small point but it bugs me especially when i've got a target man (e.g.. crouch)

xbox one? weird theres no patch for me yet..

Wierd playid madrid and the game seemed so easy compared to the debacle that was Napoli lastnight. They got kroos and Cronaldo sent off so I ran out easy winner with 5-1

Defending seemed eerily easy

Last edited:
Wierd paid maid and the game seemed so easy composted to the debacle that was Napoli lastnight. They got kroos and Cronaldo sent off so I ran out easy winner with 5-1

Defending seemed eerily easy

Funny you say that, my easiest match by far was against Madrid too. In a preseason friendly I sent out my reserves (for experience :)) and killed them. Lost my other 2 preseason matches against random teams.

Just played as Arsenal v Wimbledon on WC. Left myself as Welbeck and didn't swap players to see how my team AI behaved. Turns out they dont have a clue, stand off constantly and let Wimbledon do what they want with the ball. Why can't my teammate AI be the same as the CPU AI and contemplate actually tackling?

It also probably explains Wimbledon having 91% pass completion. Against Arsenal.

Sigh.

Nerf single player, get you into FUT and online. Make $$$.

Done and dusted.

This game is downright hilarious. It's the most over-the-top, end-to-end, arcade version of football I've ever played. It reminds me of those celebrity all-star matches in which no one really tries to defend.

It's as if EA said "fuck defending, defending is lame."

Thing is, 95% of this game is soooo good. Dribbling with just the stick is pure joy and attacking play in general is a blast. Collisions and animations are superb. I just played a night game in the rain and it looked brilliant.

It's just that 5% is bad, really bad, and it ruins the game. If you're interested in anything close to realistic football at least.

Anyone played the ps4 and PC versions?

I own both and the PC version seems far superior to me.

Obviously the picture quality,, speed of menus but the actual gameplay is notably better.

It might be because I have played club mode on the ps4 and drop in matches on PC

Only diffeRence i can see is custom formations and high pressure on this game stops shielding working so much.

Played 3 games against my mate in Online Friendlies. Really enjoyed it - probably because I won all 3 games and took the first season trophy :D

This game is downright hilarious. It's the most over-the-top, end-to-end, arcade version of football I've ever played. It reminds me of those celebrity all-star matches in which no one really tries to defend.

It's as if EA said "fuck defending, defending is lame."

Thing is, 95% of this game is soooo good. Dribbling with just the stick is pure joy and attacking play in general is a blast. Collisions and animations are superb. I just played a night game in the rain and it looked brilliant.

It's just that 5% is bad, really bad, and it ruins the game. If you're interested in anything close to realistic football at least.

I haven't played the full game yet, but the sense the demo gave me is that they've fixed tackling, and in doing so they have made it extremely hard to defend thanks to the inadequate AI and lacking controls.

On the bright side, you'd think EA will react to the inevitably bad feedback by giving defence the attention it deserves next year. Nothing more depressing than thinking about FIFA 16 on the morn I receive FIFA 15.

Think I've got one - I saw it last night and thought you'd probably got one by now. I'm on the PS4 now though, so not sure it would work - especially if you havent got a PSN account :D

No it wont work, but thank-you anyway.

Back
Top Bottom