FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.
The AI doesn't know how to handle the movement physics of its own defenders (and neither do I, really).

The default no-sprint speed is too slow to keep up with play, so the AI has to apply sprint to have a chance of getting near you. Then once they reach a full sprint with all the momentum that brings, all it takes is the slightest change of direction and - using zee's description - the defender goes careening past on roller skates.

In most of those examples, I think it's less that the AI is choosing not to make a challenge, more that it is just not able to manoeuvre into position to do so.

This also screws them over with regards to tracking runs and one-twos. You release the pass and easily sprint forward. They need half an hour to turn around and get going, by which point you're already in space running onto the return pass, and nobody else has covered.

People on this forum have been boring on about momentum and in****a for literally years, and now this is EA's implementation. Heh.

The AI doesn't know how to handle the movement physics of its own defenders (and neither do I, really).

The default no-sprint speed is too slow to keep up with play, so the AI has to apply sprint to have a chance of getting near you. Then once they reach a full sprint with all the momentum that brings, all it takes is the slightest change of direction and - using zee's description - the defender goes careening past on roller skates.

In most of those examples, I think it's less that the AI is choosing not to make a challenge, more that it is just not able to manoeuvre into position to do so.

This also screws them over with regards to tracking runs and one-twos. You release the pass and easily sprint forward. They need half an hour to turn around and get going, by which point you're already in space running onto the return pass, and nobody else has covered.

People on this forum have been boring on about momentum and in****a for literally years, and now this is EA's implementation. Heh.
Exactly when they try to sprint out of the blocks, stop or turn its a mission. I wouldn't mind or at all if this was applicable to the attacking player as well.

As a result you struggle to tackle and intercept passes

How i come back to my custom tatic after i have used one of the presets tatic during the game ( like possession, long ball, etc...)?
If i use one of this tatics during a game i cant come back to my custom tatic?

i enjoyed the demo on ps4 and looking forward to the full version..however there are some mixed reviews, it would be interesting to know who enjoyed FIFA 14 on NG and who thinks this in an improvement...it appears to me but i might be wrong the majority who dont like it are PES fans

Started CM. First things first, TURN OFF INJURIES. In my first two friendlies, I lost Di Maria, Falcao, RVP, Blind and Falcao - all for > a month.

That kind of thing just baffles me. Do EA not play test?

Secondly, the game has lots of promise, but against the CPU it's currently broken. Like, I can't believe it was released. Someone must QA single player, surely? Watching yet another Full Back dance circles around half my team, easily picking out a teammate in my crowded box to score is just ludicrous. How can anyone at EA have tested this and said: "Yeah, that looks good"

It's a huge step down from last year in terms of actually watching the CPU attack.

The CPU attacks by keeping the ball unrealistically, and then playing it perpendicular to their body, in the opposite direction to where they're running with unerring accuracy.

I've jacked up the CPU pass error to 100, and every team still has > 80% completion. Roma just beat me with 91. On 100 pass error.

Pray for the modders if you're a single player fan.

Yea...
Its pretty ridiculous the way that CPU plays fast turns and passes, specially if the player open the score...
Very unrealistic and many times broke the game for me...

I found out that game speed also depends on your television. In the living room I have a Sony Bravia television (120 cm) and the game is way too fast even on slow settings.

In my bedroom I have a Samsung monitor (27 inch) and it plays very well on slow (even on normal speed).

In demo I don't like shooting. Too fast and doesn't feel like in PES games. Read some positive things about shooting improved in full game. What do you think guys?

Fasten your seatbelts, guys. First goal I've scored against my longtime FIFA buddy yesterday. Manual controls, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HIccdBGyPc&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Indeed, the crowd's amazing this year. Dunno if they've changed something, but it's way heavier on the rear speakers than before. I like that, terrific stadium atmosphere.

Yea its amazing. So cool playing at Selhurst Park - crowd always chanting there.

i enjoyed the demo on ps4 and looking forward to the full version..however there are some mixed reviews, it would be interesting to know who enjoyed FIFA 14 on NG and who thinks this in an improvement...it appears to me but i might be wrong the majority who dont like it are PES fans
I liked FIFA 14 on Xbox One a lot, didn't play PES 14 til it was free with PS Plus and thought it was terrible (interesting AI in certain situations but terrible game).

I don't like 15 at all, I would definitely go as far as to say it's "broken" and judging by this thread and a few on the EA forums, there's a few people who agree.

I played 14 again last night for the first time in a while and was delighted because it would appear that a chunk of the more c***ish players (i.e. those who don't play football and just do constant through balls, of which there are thousands upon thousands) have begun migrating to 15, so I had a blast! :D

That said, it did highlight the things I miss from 15: the atmosphere, the stadia and (most importantly) the goalkeepers. You see stupid saves in 14 and you know instinctively your shot will be saved as soon as you've kicked it.

But there was a review - I forget where I read it, it was either Eurogamer or VG247 - that said "has nobody noticed a pattern yet - this year defending is broken and attacking is overpowered, last year defending was too easy and attacking was a blunt force, the year before that defending was broken and attacking was overpowered, etc..." That opened my eyes a bit. I've never bought into the whole "they can't make it perfect or otherwise they'll have nothing to sell next year" thing but I do wonder...

I want to see what PES is like online (weirdly I think it plays more like FIFA 14 defensively and I like that). If it's poop then I'll be sticking to 14. Unless there's an outcry and EA change the whole game (which is never going to happen, there are enough people who will enjoy the 16-0 scorelines for them to ignore the sim-heads like myself).

Not seeing this supposed big scorelines at all!?

Weird how people are getting different experiences like that. I couldnt go back to 14 now, would feel so dry.

Anyone with the full version on PS3/360? I'd appreciate any feedback on how it differs to the demo and if it's a worthy purchase generally.

Ta.

Not seeing this supposed big scorelines at all!?

Weird how people are getting different experiences like that. I couldnt go back to 14 now, would feel so dry.
Exactly. 15 feels a lot better than 14 to me and I really enjoyed 14. But this is something else and plays a great game.

I keep repeating that, I enjoyed fifa14 NG enough to keep me interested in playing 7 seasons CM plus online manual seasons.
Those guys who don't enjoy it or complain about defending might be not patient enough. This year the AI on WC/Legendary will punish you for losing shape because they are more direct and hungry for goals than 14.
Also the complaints about shooting and high error mostly come from assisted/semi players.This game shines with manual as was 14.This one is even better in that aspect. People seem to forget about the new thing where ball physics don't reset to zero when it comes to the player. That changes shooting making it more realistic.

As for defending:trust your teammates, don't panic, don't rush in tackles, use jockey when tracking a walking player, sprint jockey if he's running,choose the right angle to tackle. In some situations you can use slide tackle. I did some experiments yday and I found that tackling/pushing while pressing jockey button gets you better results (might test it more). Finally play it like a real match esp against AI not like a video game.

To those saying they don't get the high scorelines or anything else... Are you not seeing defending like the below? And if not, how?

I want to enjoy the game for the goalkeeping and to a lesser extent the more contextual dribbling, but this is what I saw over and over again on the early access version, and I don't understand how some people aren't seeing it (or managing to look past it).

Again, it's not really a case of "learning to defend" when the AI can't defend. The best possible scenario is that you learn to defend and beat the CPU every game because they can't "learn to defend" themselves...

It seems to me these videos are being ignored for the sake of the fancy bits (which don't get me wrong I'd love to see in FIFA 14, but not at the expense of the below).

Looks like another year of absolutely terrible defensive AI, made even worse this year because dribbling is so overpowered.

Here's several videos showing how bad it is. This is me (Dortmund) against the CPU (Spurs) on LEGENDARY difficulty.

Watch how easy this counter-attack is. Also note how the Spurs CB makes NO challenge at all in the box before I shoot. And then of course I miss because EA have added so much shot error this year (which they've had to do because of the tons of easy chances being created).

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Easy breakaway with missed chance

Then there's this next one. Look at the space afforded me. This is on Legendary and yet the Spurs players make little effort to close me down. Then see how crazy easy the 1-2 pass is because TWO Spurs defenders just watch me zip by them. And then of course another wild miss with a top player not under pressure.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI

This one might be the worst. First look at the ACRES of space available to me in the middle of the pitch after the clearance. Then watch Kagawa - who let me say is Messi-like in this game - setup for an easy 1-2. Note that there are 5 - FIVE! - Spurs defenders in the vicinity and this simple play rips them apart. So simple, no skill involved on my part.

YouTube - FIFA 15 - Poor defensive AI 3

The AI in this game is so shockingly poor I am in absolute disbelief it was released in this state. It was really bad last year, but with the attacking side of the game getting even better, the game is even more open than ever.

I'm utterly shocked and disappointed - I take no real pleasure in such a simple, mindless depiction of football, where the spectacular is made routine, even if it's pretty to look at.

It's not that I see no good in the game because I TOTALLY do - the ball physics results in some amazing things, they are truly next gen - but I also see this stuff, and it surely outweighs the good.

Last edited:
Those videos keep crashing for me so no, I'm not seeing them ;)
I have some high scoring games but plenty of close affairs. Think that's normal tbh.
I want more user input into defending and everything else so not going to complain if I get skinned.

Played against inter,werder bremen & lazio.. 0-0 1-2 1-1 all on World class and manual, every team played and felt the same.. kind of sad :(

Back
Top Bottom