FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Question for the guys with the PS4 version, after the patch are gk positioned closer to the goal lines?(its mentioned in the patch log)

For me this is the biggest issue atm, they position themselves way to far from the goal line wich makes too easy to score very long range goals...

Enjoying the full game.
Love the speed on normal, the slow on the demo was too slow but they have slowed the normal just right for my liking.
Also they have fixed World class were it's much more playable and enjoyable less of a cluster fuck and get more time and space compared to the demo.
Tested with Forest played derby in a tight match and lost but should have won human error and played Burton Albion and destroyed them.
Will start career mode next :)

I bought the game from PSN store and the download took no longer than 2 hours but the 'install' is taking forever on my PS4. 12 hours later it is now at 83% completion. Not sure if this is normal or not but whatever.

Final game is actually slower and players have a bit more weight on them. Could not be happier with final product. Fifa has really matured.

Honeymoon period might be over already with me. One of the big site reviews said how this game does a lot so well that it makes the bad stuff stand out even more, and that's kinda how I'm feeling.

And there's quite a bit of bad. Which is so disappointing because the good stuff can be really, really good. From a technical standpoint this game is superb.

There seems to be even less buildup play in 15 than in 14. I just had a match between Man Utd and PSG in which 4 goals were scored from ridiculous open counter-attacks. There were even more opportunities but though EA have made creating chances easy, they've nerfed the ability to capitalize, so scores stay realistic even though the game plays like a highlight reel.

And apparently EA hate defending and don't think tackling is a thing. It's so strange how few tackles I've made in this game and yet defending isn't even hard. Makes no sense. Rather than fixing the defensive side of the game, EA apparently took the lazy way out and just nerfed the accuracy of crossing and shooting.

The AI might be most disappointing of all. It's all over the place - sometimes it's good, intelligent; other times is incredibly stupid. This goes for defenders, CPU in possession, and keepers.

Overall it's proving to be an extremely shallow experience for me. Maybe I'm just having a bad day but at the moment I just feel like going back to playing Destiny, and waiting and hoping on PES.

Last edited:
I bought the game from PSN store and the download took no longer than 2 hours but the 'install' is taking forever on my PS4. 12 hours later it is now at 83% completion. Not sure if this is normal or not but whatever.

Definitely not normal. Mine took an hour at most to install on PS4.

Damn. Hope there is no 'corruption' in data files or anything like that when it finally does finish installing.

Anyone know if internet is still used when it's installing even though the download has already been completed? Because my internet has been real slow these past 2 days which I thought might explain it.

Honeymoon period might be over already with me. One of the big site reviews said how this game does a lot so well that it makes the bad stuff stand out even more, and that's kinda how I'm feeling.

And there's quite a bit of bad. Which is so disappointing because the good stuff can be really, really good. From a technical standpoint this game is superb.

There seems to be even less buildup play in 15 than in 14. I just had a match between Man Utd and PSG in which 4 goals were scored from ridiculous open counter-attacks. There were even more opportunities but though EA have made creating chances easy, they've nerfed the ability to capitalize, so scores stay realistic even though the game plays like a highlight reel.

And apparently EA hate defending and don't think tackling is a thing. It's so strange how few tackles I've made in this game and yet defending isn't even hard. Makes no sense. Rather than fixing the defensive side of the game, EA apparently took the lazy way out and just nerfed the accuracy of crossing and shooting.

The AI might be most disappointing of all. It's all over the place - sometimes it's good, intelligent; other times is incredibly stupid. This goes for defenders, CPU in possession, and keepers.

Overall it's proving to be an extremely shallow experience for me. Maybe I'm just having a bad day but at the moment I just feel like going back to playing Destiny, and waiting and hoping on PES.

Dude are you sure you haven't let that so called big site get into your subconscious...I really like 14 but this years version is what that game should of been.

Did you watch the Man Utd vs Leicester game this weekend..if that was a videogame it would match your post(especially the ai bit)...it's called error something FIFAs old scientific formula lacked.

It's the same with crossing and shooting..if you have space and time it's more then likely to be a positive outcome...that's footie..the Premiership is so fast paced and a lot of goals look exaggerated and to easy.

It's like top players now unless the opposition double up on them or the game is very compact it's easy for them to turn defenders...for me Fifa captures the way modern footie is played in the English leagues...if you want to slow it and make the game compact with limited angles you can..if you want to gamble,leave space and take risks you can..very multi faceted for me anyway.

Last edited:
Two games into my career with QPR - a win and a draw. Both games I had less possession and less chances.

I think the AI should be more direct + clinical on World Class. Every team is like Arsenal circa 4 or 5 years ago. (they always try to walk it in...)

Fucking Taraabt man. Doesn't track a runner but will thread a pass through a needle and can nutmeg a mermaid.

Dribbling is a dream - problem is it's only balanced to reflect real-life teams that only have max. 1 or 2 top dribblers. Problem with FUT is that every club has at least 4 or 5 in their side.

Last edited:
Finally found out how to defend. On tactical defending. Hold L2(jockey button) and run toward the cpu player. He won't dribble around you anymore. He will turn, cross or pass it, or you will tackle and steal ball . Works for me. Enjoying the game much more now.

Dude are you sure you haven't let that so called big site get into your subconscious...I really like 14 but this years version is what that game should of been.

Did you watch the Man Utd vs Leicester game this weekend..if that was a videogame it would match your post(especially the ai bit)...it's called error something FIFAs old scientific formula lacked.

It's the same with crossing and shooting..if you have space and time it's more then likely to be a positive outcome...that's footie..the Premiership is so fast paced and a lot of goals look exaggerated and to easy.

It's like top players now unless the opposition double up on them or the game is very compact it's easy for them to turn defenders...for me Fifa captures the way modern footie is played in the English leagues...if you want to slow it and make the game compact with limited angles you can..if you want to gamble,leave space and take risks you can..very multi faceted for me anyway.

You're right, it was like the Man Utd-Leicester match. I almost mentioned how similar some of these matches are to that game. The problem - and this is a problem that's been in FIFA for a while - is that those games are too frequent whilst the opposite type of games are too few.

And you're right, you can build up slow if you'd like. I do that quite a bit 'cause I enjoy that pace. The problem, however, is the CPU doesn't give a shit about proper buildup, whilst there can be so much space in the middle of the pitch - which is not representative of typical EPL matches - that a slow buildup is pointless.

Lots of people are really enjoying 15, so like I said in my post, maybe I'm just having a shitty day and next I play I'll be more into it. But I do agree with the mixed reception it's getting from the mainstream sites, and I'm glad the scores aren't great 'cause EA need to know that we expect better.

They need to go all in on upgrading the AI, and they need to seriously rethink some, if not all, aspects of defending. And I am genuinely disappointed at these new player models and pretty pissed about so little effort going into CM.

You know, it sure would be nice if more people played on manual for co-op seasons. And oh, I don't know, if I could face teams that do more than LB + Y 60 yard pinpoint passes to Messi/Ronaldo and score RB + B assisted shots all while thinking they're the best FIFA players on the planet. You're not, you're terrible. You could probably play the game with your feet on assisted.

Last edited:
To defend, you basically need to let your CPU teammates do the harrying. Hold R1 and use your player to block lanes/options. Only way I've found to do it.

Is manual shooting incredibly hard? Which way around do the sliders go? I'm missing ludicrously easy changes, set my shot error to 35 - shouldn't that mean less error?

Had my first shut out, felt like a champ.

Why doesn't the goal keeper move/wave his arms while waiting for penalty kick taker with the right stick like you could do last gen?

When starting a Spanish cup with Sevilla the Squad the game loads is different than the kick off squad?

Micah Richards spot on player ID

Where is Lacina Traore and Zigic for my ML/CM. Ronaldhino still has all the class any man could ever want.

Never paid attention that Mata and James Rodriguez were Left footers the came clearly represented that with their shot animations.
Best technical football game I have ever played.

Last edited:
Why doesn't the goal keeper move/wave his arms while waiting for penalty kick taker with the right stick like you could do last gen?

When starting a Spanish cup with Sevilla the Squad the game loads is different than the kick off squad?

Micah Richards spot on player ID

Where is Lacina Traore and Zigic for my ML/CM. Ronaldhino still has all the class any man could ever want.

Never paid attention that Mata and James Rodriguez were Left footers the came clearly represented that with their shot animations.
Best technical football game I have ever played.

Press the buttons instead now as it does different taunts

You know, it sure would be nice if more people played on manual for co-op seasons. And oh, I don't know, if I could face teams that do more than LB + Y 60 yard pinpoint passes to Messi/Ronaldo and score RB + B assisted shots all while thinking they're the best FIFA players on the planet. You're not, you're terrible. You could probably play the game with your feet on assisted.

More manual co op players would be great but if you want to stop the perfect passes to Messi and Ronaldo, stop going 5 star teams yourself. I don't get why people moan about coming up against these players when they are happy to go a top team themselves. I played 4 games on a trot last night v Real Madrid but have now gone back to doing what I did in previous versions of the game and play with lesser star teams.

Played online yesterday on 360 against Stoke City. Crouch had an hat trick and was dribbling like Neymar. I stopped the game right after.

I have the game for XBOne and PS4. On PS4 there was a patch 1.01 and I find the game much much slower on PS4 than on Microsoft's console. Anyone have the same experiences please?

Played online yesterday on 360 against Stoke City. Crouch had an hat trick and was dribbling like Neymar. I stopped the game right after.

Might just be me, but I dont understand this.

Dont you try and play the style the players would play? I.e. if I'm Stoke, I'll play it in to Crouch (high or low as Hughes likes to now) and then hold it up for a bit and lay it off.

My first thought wouldnt be, "oh lets see if I can dribble past everyone" :D

As I say, perhaps its just the way I prefer to play. Dont know what EA could do much different as the players are under our control. Too be fair, Crouchy has got good feet for a big man!!

Might just be me, but I dont understand this.

Dont you try and play the style the players would play? I.e. if I'm Stoke, I'll play it in to Crouch (high or low as Hughes likes to now) and then hold it up for a bit and lay it off.

My first thought wouldnt be, "oh lets see if I can dribble past everyone" :D

As I say, perhaps its just the way I prefer to play. Dont know what EA could do much different as the players are under our control. Too be fair, Crouchy has got good feet for a big man!!

Good post.

I play the same as you Pbb. I only try tricks with my flair players, if I have a tall forward I play lots of crosses. I try to play as my team and stats suit rather than trying to play like Barcelona and knocking constant chipped through balls and trying 30 yard screamers.

I think that's why I struggle against other humans online / in the same room. They'll be knocking passes around like an all star team and chipping the keeper from outside the box and I'll be trying to whip crosses in as andy Carroll is in the box.
And then when I try to copy their style and start taking out shots, I feel like I'm wasting my time and chances as I miss and they then counter and score again.

I play the same as you Pbb. I only try tricks with my flair players, if I have a tall forward I play lots of crosses. I try to play as my team and stats suit rather than trying to play like Barcelona and knocking constant chipped through balls and trying 30 yard screamers.

I think that's why I struggle against other humans online / in the same room. They'll be knocking passes around like an all star team and chipping the keeper from outside the box and I'll be trying to whip crosses in as andy Carroll is in the box.
And then when I try to copy their style and start taking out shots, I feel like I'm wasting my time and chances as I miss and they then counter and score again.

YES! THats exactly it - I'm the same, would rather try to play 'football', but it seems there is 1 way to play the 'game' and thats it - if you dont play that way, you probably gonna lose and the game will look shit.

THats why I'm so 'bad' at FIFA and my online record is appalling - but I refuse to change my principles!!

Anyone who knows Peter Crouch and has followed his career knows that if he wanted to do loads of tricks and such he could probably pull a lot of them off, got excellent feet for his size/build.

YES! THats exactly it - I'm the same, would rather try to play 'football', but it seems there is 1 way to play the 'game' and thats it - if you dont play that way, you probably gonna lose and the game will look shit.

THats why I'm so 'bad' at FIFA and my online record is appalling - but I refuse to change my principles!!
Arsene is that you?

I'm loving this game so much the players (fut) are cheap until Friday. I hardly eat ,might drop a few stones! might damage my bladder too :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom