FIFA 15 News & Discussion Thread

Just played fifa15 full version from us account. Its by far the best fifa ever created and maby the best football game ever...Slower than demo, more space, more balanced, better shots. Of course only on manual/slow. I wish to everyone a happy fifa15 gaming year...

Never got the point of the liverpool game in the demo its a huge spoiler especially for career mode ppl like myself.
It's like going to see a movie and one of the trailers shows the last 10 mins of the movie your about to watch

I think ive still got about 2 hours left on my trail after this weekends tournament we had.

I'm gonna give career mode a go see what its all about.

COYR!!!!!!!!

Couple of things;

1) Scored a last minute winner with Colback at Newcastle and he went mental celebrating and when the whistle went at the end there was a massive cheer more so than usual which was a nice touch!

2) The rain!! MAH GAWD!!! They fixed the rain - looks awesome - not just rubbush white lines flying across the screen, if fact its so fine, you cant really see the rain at all - just like on tv

Well this is different. First match, World Class difficulty, default settings, Dortmund vs Spurs, and I earn a penalty within first 10 minutes when Kagawa is pulled down from behind in the box. Then only minutes afterwards Adebayor is sent off with a red for a nasty slide tackle. So yeah, fouls seem to be a thing in this game. It wasn't perfect though, with one real bad challenge by the CPU not called, but a noticeable change overall.

I'm not sure I agree that this is slower than the demo, but maybe that's because I'm coming from a lot of time with the PES demo. I'm really not a fan of these new player models, mainly because to me they make the players feel lighter, and the speed of their lower body movement at times looks like they're on fast forward.

Definitely better than demo, which I got sick of quickly. I'm liking both how shooting and dribbling is feeling at the moment.

And maybe best change of all - I saw that there's now the option to turn off the CM announcer who drones on with score updates during the main menus! God how I got sick of that.

I'm presuming a patch will be coming out very soon for the XBO version, similar to PS4?

Huge amount of bugs in this game. I've mostly been playing online and the most unacceptable one is not having any of the changes you make to your subs bench take effect prior to the game, so players in the reserves can't be used unless they're in your starting lineup. This happens every game too, not just the odd one or anything like that. Can't believe such a massive bug has made it into the final version.

Also played a game against Real Madrid where they were in the Arsenal kit the entire time ha

Yea terrible review from Eurogamer.

IGN wasnt much better, with an 8.2

For me, its the best FIFA so far and earlier FIFAs were getting 9+ scores.

Doesnt matter anyways, think football games are some of the most subjective games to review anyways, so not surprising they are so varied.

I'm presuming a patch will be coming out very soon for the XBO version, similar to PS4?

The overpowered shooting from distance is getting to me. Some matches it's fine, others it's terrible. I can win games 15-0 + just from pop shots from outside the box.

Hope to see it patched on day one.

The overpowered shooting from distance is getting to me. Some matches it's fine, others it's terrible. I can win games 15-0 + just from pop shots from outside the box.

Hope to see it patched on day one.

Do you ever get to 7-8 goals and think "fuck this"?

My other suggestion is stop shooting the way you are guaranteed goals all the time!?

On the goals front - is this Single Player FUT? I know a lot of people are saying Division 10 is stupidly easy, with like 20 to 30 goals scorelines.

I'd be really, really enjoying this game if I could just get past the new player models. Hopefully I get used to them as time goes, 'cause right now I can't get past how anorexic they look.

It's a bit easy though for me. A dozen or so matches in on World Class and I've yet to not win, and I've only conceded 2, maybe 3. I can't believe how un-clinical the CPU is in the final third, which is almost the opposite of last year. Just beat Arsenal 2-1 with Dortmund and they had 3 shots on target out of 9, which is very unFIFA like (though I guess it is Welbeck starting up front!)

The defensive side of things is strange. On one hand they've made one-on-one defending more difficult. Contain is even less of a help getting you in close to make a tackle (though it is very effective at slowing players down), and auto-tackle seems almost non-existent now.

On the other hand, keeping clean sheets is A LOT easier thanks to the improved backline AI, better keepers, and, I think maybe most important of all, a great deal more variety/error in CPU shooting. So overall the defensive side of the game is much more forgiving but the mechanics of it aren't quite right.

Dribbling is greatly improved over both the demo and 14, and maybe it's even a little over-powered. Kagawa is ripping people to shreds like he was Messi. It's lots of fun though.

Gotta say too that the Impact Engine and the physicality of the game is finally shining through like they probably first envisioned when Impact Engine was introduced. I've seen two notable collisions that should've been called that weren't, but otherwise it's really good.

There's a ton of polish, tweaks, and general improvements this year, and interestingly for me some of the back-of-the-box features are the least impressive. I'm not fan of the stick-figure player models. Player emotion is a total cutscene gimmick that I'm already skipping through. Graphically it's solid but I want more out of the next gen tech. And maybe most disappointing is the new weak foot feature - my first shot with di Maria and he attempts a finesse shot with his right foot. I'm also seeing some issues with the way they've redone Team Management, though obviously it's still an upgrade.

On the goals front - is this Single Player FUT? I know a lot of people are saying Division 10 is stupidly easy, with like 20 to 30 goals scorelines.

Yes this is Division 10 and the first tournament, but I'm playing with 60 rated players who should not be scoring goals or volleying as accurately as they are. The keepers being bad is one thing, but having players strike the ball like Messi every time is another. Through into the box it's a bit more realistic, but it's from range I'm getting these powerful/accurate drives.

Just had two CPU players sent off for double bookings, nice to see.

Absolutely loving this game. Being able to fool defenders just by flicking the left stick reminds me of the old PES days.

So good.

Besides a few niggles I have one major concern:
I play on legendary and edit sliders. I play on manual so I edit CPU pass error to balance it out. Just for a test I played Man Utd vs Newcastle and set CPU pass error to 100 and it didnt change much! CPU pass accuracy was 89% and sprayed the ball like Barcelona(Dont slider settings work anymore?)

I've played only the demo but I'd noticed that too with setting cpu passing accuracy error to 100%, yet they still passed with exactly the same perfection and had pass accuracy stats of up around 90% . It was like the slider did nothing.

But I also did tweaking of other sliders and eventually on some matches, had the cpu down at around 50% pass accuracy. That was probably a result of a combination of sliders and the fact I tried turning on legacy defending, but I did include reduction in pass speed for both teams, which probably decreased the chance of every cpu pass pinging straight to team-mate.

I was quite chuffed when I got the cpu down to 50% pass accuracy on legendary.

I had great moment in game.
I played league cup Liverpool-M'boro, i scored two great goals and i lead 3:0 in 20' of match (world class). I made great pressure on them and i success in that. Second half started. My fans was making "OLE" noise after i pass ball from player to player. What a f***g great thing. I really enjoying this game!

Love the loose feel of the game. Feels like anything can happen. The sense of inertia/momentum is more pronounced then any other football game I've ever played.

When you contest for the ball, it never feels like it's on a predetermined path, the ball just collides and falls how you'd expect. Sometimes you will get tackled, but your man is able to retain his footing and the ball spins back into your path. It's lovely.

Defending is fantastic - first time pressure has been nerfed in any football game. I can see why this may lead to an imbalance online with quicker players, but offline against the AI it make defending much more immersive.

Couldn't be happier so far. Won't venture online for a week or so at least.

Only managed to sneak in a single match last night, more to come. 8 min halves, world class, full manual. United v. Leicester (ha):

Good:
- The game feels spectacular. As someone else noted, slower, heavier and more considered. Pass the ball from Blind to Di Maria and it feels like you've entered a cheat code, the difference in feel is that much.

- Long passes still work as in the demo. Amazing, had been broken in FIFA for years and makes a big difference when you've got fast wide players - you can put the ball in space with a diagonal

- The CPU can be lethal. I tried to pass out of defense instead of hoofing, and an interception and 3 quick passes later they'd scored before I could even react, beautiful laces shot in off the upright from Ulloa. De Gea with an excellent standing and staring reaction.

- The CPU changed tactics. It was 2-2 and they clearly decided to hold on with 15 left. I can't decide if it was them, or because I went more attacking though. Either way, left one up at the half way line and retreated into their bus. Hopefully only 'small' teams will do that and we won't see unrealistic reactions. (yes yes, 5-3)

- The game is visually stunning. I know eye candy shouldn't matter, but man. The rain is beautiful, seeing players slide in, their wet shirts clinging as their twist and what not, water flying off the ground - it really is impressive. Old Trafford looks great too (though lacks Giggsy/Neville hotel).

- Manual passing is better than semi. I have power assist on, and love it. Really does what you tell it to. For better or worse (normally worse for me).

Bad stuff

- I use tactical defending, and the CPU still dribbles circles around me. I'm pretty handy at corralling them into non-dangerous areas, but I seriously struggle to get the ball of them - regardless of who teh CPU is controlling (tricky, diving winger like Vardy or big man like the Nuge). I think I'll need to change buttons around so it's easier to get teammate press and contain pushed together. I think to be effective you'll need a way of:
Almost always use teammate contain (R1)
Use your contain (X)
Be ready to sprint to match their speed (R2)
Generally be ready to jockey too (L2)
Is hard for my hands to manage that tbh.

- The CPU's passing is waaaaayy too good. Especially when they ping one touches around the box, shredding my defense to pieces. Kind of ridiculous. I had their error up to 60, but will need more. Had 93% pass completion.

- I scored 2 goals - both from keeper parries. To be fair, I could see both situations happening in real life, but it's somewhat concerning. My keeper didn't parry anything, just got scored on (like Sunday). It was also raining, which I guess could make a difference

That's my 2c so far, will hopefully sneak some time in this evening.

Back
Top Bottom